Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (471855 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2023
dustydee:

shocked Please don't tell me you went AWOL shocked shocked

Nope, my Mum was an Airforce officer......🤣

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2023
holyboss:
Hi, please check your email. You have a dm request

Send a WhatsApp message....... No let people call me out o ........😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OGINNISM1234: 7:49pm On Oct 12, 2023
I beg I dey find accommodation o.

East Kilbride area, Glasgow.

2 bedroom.

Any advice or plug.

I no fit sleep well. Once I remember say I never see accommodation, my heart dey cut. Food no dey work for my body again.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 7:55pm On Oct 12, 2023
Jeff0983:

There’s something we need understand, every human being has a plan but money is always the problem and this japa is money draining I must tell us , I know how much I have spent and money for flight never set sef not to talk of housing for the first month, what I’m saying is this might be her case and money don finish, and as risky as it may sound it’s better to find someone who she don’t know to harbor her in UK for few days even it means paying some money then staying on the street or not traveling at all after all the money spent already.
I have been an advocate for people not having enough money when planning their move ( check my previous post) but it’s getting ridiculous now. I had a couple come into the country recently and they had no plans for accomodation even after I shared all the useful resources months before they moved here. These set of people are now putting a lot of pressure on the people who are already here and still trying to find their own feet. I maintain that it’s ridiculous not to atleast make a plan for the first 2 weeks when moving. It’s a new country for goodness sake. We the new crop of immigrants are doing too much at this point.

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2023
damsberrydammy74:

Jumping into conclusion is a very bad thing and you should be civilized enough to respect an adult wish and privacy. I am not sleeping on the street and asking for people around that area is because I just got a job around that place. Nobody would come without making arrangements for accomodations. If we don't have kind words to say let's mind our businesses rather than assuming for someone
You shared a post on a public forum and you are asking people to mind their business. The time you took to get upset, you could have used it to provide more context to your question, after all if you truly want to pay for the accommodation because of a new job, you could have started your search by looking for an Airbnb or a hotel around the area as opposed to asking on a public forum where certain people can prey on someone’s vulnerability. Happy searching.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by farnet: 8:54pm On Oct 12, 2023
Please good people, what's the passport validity for someone onshore here and applying for another visa? I can't find any info on the ukvi website about this. Looking at switching student visa to work visa come November, but the passport is expiring 1st week of December. Paid for renewal on 1st September but only got December 6th as capturing date, not taking about the delivery now. Current visa student visa expires January 2024
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by damsberrydammy74(f): 9:23pm On Oct 12, 2023
kwakudtraveller:

You shared a post on a public forum and you are asking people to mind their business. The time you took to get upset, you could have used it to provide more context to your question, after all if you truly want to pay for the accommodation because of a new job, you could have started your search by looking for an Airbnb or a hotel around the area as opposed to asking on a public forum where certain people can prey on someone’s vulnerability. Happy searching.

I maintain you shouldn't teach an adult how to live their lives but I think you know it all. You are not the only one here and the writing this on public did not by anyway affect you. You could as well passed without commenting. It's not mandatory you give your opinion. I saw Airbnb before I posted here, how many people could afford Airbnb for two weeks. People even pair up here in case of situation like getting apartment before starting new job and I am not asking for free accomodations.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Knowlegeseeking: 9:36pm On Oct 12, 2023
My people,

1. Please for cover and reference letter, what is the correct addressee,

The Consular-General
British High Commission
11 Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos

or this;

The Entry Clearance Officer
British High Commission
Victoria Island
Lagos
Nigeria

2. Please can anyone help with a template letter for church reference/attestation letter biko.

Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 10:35pm On Oct 12, 2023
damsberrydammy74:

I maintain you shouldn't teach an adult how to live their lives but I think you know it all. You are not the only one here and the writing this on public did not by anyway affect you. You could as well passed without commenting. It's not mandatory you give your opinion. I saw Airbnb before I posted here, how many people could afford Airbnb for two weeks. People even pair up here in case of situation like getting apartment before starting new job and I am not asking for free accomodations.

las las You go dey alright

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by boneruns(m): 11:29pm On Oct 12, 2023
Good day all,

For those who live around Exeter, please what is the easier, faster and cheaper transport from Exeter airport to Barnstaple? I checked on google and the fastest is Taxi in approximately 1 hour, which cost around £72.

And the bus takes many hours.

Please are you there any other alternatives? Exeter airport seem to be the closest to Barnstaple.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Oggg: 1:12am On Oct 13, 2023
You are looking for free accommodation in the UK and when people burst your bubble, you resort to calling them perfectos, I too know and sounding condescending. Oh well. Good luck if you think anyone would engage with you.
Lower that shoulder pad.. .
Looking for help and yet prouding inside nairaland: wonders shall never end.

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by rayralph(m): 2:28am On Oct 13, 2023
Knowlegeseeking:
My people,

1. Please for cover and reference letter, what is the correct addressee,

The Consular-General
British High Commission
Victoria Island
Lagos

or this;

The Entry Clearance Officer
British High Commission
Victoria Island
Lagos
Nigeria

2. Please can anyone help with a template letter for church reference/attestation letter biko.

Thank you.

Consular General overseas all UK-NGA related affairs.

I believe Entry Clearance officer should honor any letter addressed to the CG.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bns4eva: 7:21am On Oct 13, 2023
lavida001:

walk to construction site to start working grin

A friend of mine staying in enfield walked straight to a construction site to see if he could work and he was told to go and bring Cscs card. He went there a week later with cscs card and he started working. Have cscs card at hand before walking to sites. Cheers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:26am On Oct 13, 2023
Who's in London and likes to work night shifts? MH

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:27am On Oct 13, 2023
bns4eva:

A friend of mine staying in enfield walked straight to a construction site to see if he could work and he was told to go and bring Cscs card. He went there a week later with cscs card and he started working. Have cscs card at hand before walking to sites. Cheers

What's the pay like?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by bns4eva: 9:59am On Oct 13, 2023
hustla:

What's the pay like?

£25/hr
You must have Cscs card and must have full PPE.
9hrs everyday . If you are interested, i will send you my friend number to call him asap.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:21am On Oct 13, 2023
bns4eva:

£25/hr
9hrs everyday . If you are interested, i will send you my friend number to call him asap.

Not bad at all o

Nah I don't have CSCS. Planning it for next year if everything goes as planned
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by MadeMan01(m): 10:40am On Oct 13, 2023
hustla:

Not bad at all o

Nah I don't have CSCS. Planning it for next year if everything goes as planned

Pls what is CSCS?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by BeckyB1(f): 10:49am On Oct 13, 2023
I am available if it is a job for care support worker.
Thank you.

hustla:
Who's in London and likes to work night shifts? MH
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:54am On Oct 13, 2023
BeckyB1:
I am available if it is a job for care support worker.
Thank you.

https://uk.indeed.com/viewjob?from=appsharedroid&jk=83aaf26d620cea4b

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Efftyy: 11:56am On Oct 13, 2023
The past eight months in the UK as been a time of experience and challenge for me.
But Today Alliamdullilah lesson learnt and adapting well into the system .

Employer Successfully switched to NHS full time worker after working under Agency that don’t have shifts to give staff members.

Don’t give up , don’t feel disappointed everything will set, and you will get past the hurdles .

11 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by boneruns(m): 12:12pm On Oct 13, 2023
boneruns:
Good day all,

For those who live around Exeter, please what is the easier, faster and cheaper transport from Exeter airport to Barnstaple? I checked on google and the fastest is Taxi in approximately 1 hour, which cost around £72.

And the bus takes many hours.

Please are you there any other alternatives? Exeter airport seem to be the closest to Barnstaple.

Thank you.

Please could someone help me with this to enable me plan? I’m coming in from Belfast and intend to return to Belfast same day. I just want to know if I should opt for a remote appointment.

Secondly, what’s the closest airport to Oxford? Checked on google and some say it’s Luton while some say it’s Heathrow.

Could someone help me, please.

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by aragbaboy: 1:06pm On Oct 13, 2023
Pls check your email. Thanks.
bns4eva:

£25/hr
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by giselle237: 1:11pm On Oct 13, 2023
[
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Gift7428: 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2023
Some people actually leave Nigeria without any proper plan for accommodation. I have seen them with kids and plenty luggage in bus station with no where to go. One even begged to sleep on the floor of my studio in winter😢
They always have same story that the person they were meant to stay with didn’t pick their calls.
I just want every coming in here to know that , this country you are running to, didn’t get to this level with “anyhowness”
It’s by proper planning.

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by headofschool: 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2023
Wifey went to post office to get her BRP and they (postal worker) insisted I come with her (we should both come). Is this not a fabricated law? Is it like a new rule? because it's not on UKVI website o.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by headofschool: 1:56pm On Oct 13, 2023
Please help..how do I get a phone plan? I have registered on electoral role but I still get rejected for search on my profile
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hyzich(m): 2:10pm On Oct 13, 2023
damsberrydammy74:
Good afternoon my people. Please i am new in Yeovil UK, anyone around that can accommodate for 2 weeks even if I have to pay. Thanks

Hi

Just seeing this, ask anyone youve met to be added into the group called Nigerians in yeovil, you would see someone who would help.. I live in Yeovil currently

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2023
Gift7428:
Some people actually leave Nigeria without any proper plan for accommodation. I have seen them with kids and plenty luggage in bus station with no where to go. One even begged to sleep on the floor of my studio in winter😢
They always have same story that the person they were meant to stay with didn’t pick their calls.
I just want every coming in here to know that , this country you are running to, didn’t get to this level with “anyhowness”
It’s by proper planning.

Proper planning wont prepare you for the wickedness of fellow Nigerians who you have prior arrangements with

Best thing is to plan with airbnb in mind and not involve anyone in the process... Plan like you don't have anyone abroad

smiley

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (543) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Lexusgs430, ridwando, babajeje123(m), 9ger and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.