Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,446 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (467524 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Adebayo82: 10:12am On Oct 31, 2023
Please my colleague share your experience on practical driving with examiner and for those that pass the the driving test without engaging with instructor lessons, kindly itemise the material used and other stuff that you think i can read as well to scale through as first time right.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by OmichaelO: 10:36am On Oct 31, 2023
Adebayo82:
Please my colleague share your experience on practical driving with examiner and for those that pass the the driving test without engaging with instructor lessons, kindly itemise the material used and other stuff that you think i can read as well to scale through as first time right.
DGN Videos on youtube.

to be honest, if you have not been driving here in the UK(own your car) or practising, just go for driving lesson. watching videos alone won't get you through roundabouts or the manoeuvres.

Others can speak on the topic, but this is my advise.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 10:45am On Oct 31, 2023
yolkman20:
Hello good people,

Trust weekend is going well.
I just did my tax return and my accountant was able to get me 3600k tax refund from the last tax year. I worked just 4 month as self employed within this tax year and I'm very wowed.

My people in construction, na like this he dey be?
I wasn't even expecting this much.

Hehe... there are some advantages that come with working as a self employed ir via a limited company... moreso the latter as tax planning can be much more efficient especially if you don't need the money at once.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 10:47am On Oct 31, 2023
hustla:

This is literally someone's Pastor
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJKnsbnW/

Fela sang about if for yearssssss, you think Nigerians will listen 🤣🤣😂

Thinking abt this and wondering if/why he put it out in public.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:53am On Oct 31, 2023
jedisco:

Thinking abt this and wondering if he knowingly put out in public.

Of cos smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by dotconsult(m): 11:08am On Oct 31, 2023
Hello good people,

My wife arrived here in the UK a month ago and just got a job offer, her employer told her to get a police clearance from Nigeria and then get it stamped by the Nigerian High Commission in London.

Has anyone done this or knows how to go about this? Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kode12: 11:44am On Oct 31, 2023
dotconsult:
Hello good people,

My wife arrived here in the UK a month ago and just got a job offer, her employer told her to get a police clearance from Nigeria and then get it stamped by the Nigerian High Commission in London.

Has anyone done this or knows how to go about this? Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Search this thread, this question is asked every few days.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 11:54am On Oct 31, 2023
Igbalode123:
Hello, good morning house.
I’ve been a constant follower of this thread and other uk related threads on this platform, had to register a new profile to post this.

Here’s my story, I met my legally married wife on twitter last year December and we both concluded to relocate to the uk with the agreement that I pay half of her fees amounting to £5k. She paid her deposit and in the short run both our visas was out in no time we were both happy and made other plans too.

Now in between all of this I couldn’t meet up with my own regarding her fees payment reason been that I’m a farmer and I crowdfund every season as I don’t necessarily use my personal funds to farm and it has always worked for me until this year and over 15m gone. I was in serious debt today soldier tomorrow police next time court. In all of this I had to sell off over 90% of my effects and assets to pay off about 80% of my debts.

My wife wasn’t having it and she wasn’t comfortable with all of it. One way or the other she took my passport and insisted until I pay her fees I can have it back, I wasn’t really bothered since I was going to pay one way or the other. At one time I offered 1m so I can help her pay the rest over there she objected, she said to make it 2m. When 2m was ready she insisted if I can get 2m then 3m shouldn’t be a problem. It’s been tough and crazy at the same time, Now she wants £3k and this Fx spike isn’t helping matters at all. When the 3m was ready the conversion to pounds didn’t equate £3k and she wouldn’t accept anything less than that because she has to pay another installment 15th of Nov.

Please I need serious financial support in however way anyone deem fit because the vignette on my passport expires 16th of November, I don’t want my efforts, time and resources go to waste just like that. This is the only opportunity for me right now to get back on my feet.

NB: Emphasis on ‘legally married’ because this is a public forum. This is just a brief overview, it’s been a very very long and messy situation and even though I don’t agree with a lot of things she did in all of this I couldn’t even still blame her because I ought to have fulfilled my own end of the bargain before now.

This is illegal and will not be discussed here. Your marriage is fake, arranged to circumvent the immigration system

This will not be encouraged here.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 11:56am On Oct 31, 2023
@All

Apologies for hidden posts regarding the fake marriage topic.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 1:21pm On Oct 31, 2023
jedisco:

Thinking abt this and wondering if he knowingly put out in public.

How about this one? 55M naira to his wife on stage while in church grin

https://twitter.com/yabaleftonline/status/1719086974189863165?t=onSdd-2a3YdzdGzdIBuAgA&s=19
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 1:37pm On Oct 31, 2023
hustla:

My Indeed flex has been filled with shifts since August - December

Stop sleeping on Okada and saying what everyone else says

wink

oga u get my whatsapp drop me a message na

abi make i fry plantain for you ni
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by kwakudtraveller(m): 1:53pm On Oct 31, 2023
justwise:

This is illegal and will not be discussed here. Your marriage is fake, arranged to circumvent the immigration system

This will not be encouraged here.
The post be like scam, looks like he’s trying to crowd fund with a fake story.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 2:09pm On Oct 31, 2023
kwakudtraveller:

The post be like scam, looks like he’s trying to crowd fund with a fake story.

That account was registered just a week ago and this was the only topic he posted so you not be far from the truth

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tushqueen(f): 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2023
Chinlov:
not quite darlin, its borne out of the fact that Christ and Christians will always take insults flung at them by people who dare not say one negative word about the other religion because they simply dare not...

I do not agree with this! Besides it's not an inter religious argument so don't make it one. Most of the people involved in the argument attest to being Christians!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tushqueen(f): 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2023
jedisco:

E dey tey... very long annoying process. If you've done biometrics, all u can do is wait.. I've seen 2-8months.

Good thing is the visa once approved is for the duration of your passport...

Thanks very much for your response, now I know what to expect
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by JaySterling: 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2023
Hey! Who has pounds for sale

I got naira
I need GBP (£)

Hit me up !
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by genkins(m): 3:28pm On Oct 31, 2023
solveabode:
Your analogy does not portrayed that of an educated fellow.
Is tithing a criminal offence? Since you are the PA to the Almighty God, channel your energy to Sunak that said man is a man and woman is a woman. I'm sure if he says he is spending his money on Olosho, you will never question him because is his personal money.
Learn to respect other people's opinion in as much as it doesn't affect ur mental health but if it does, go for therapy.

Your analogy is like that of a fowl.if I spend my money on olosho,dont I know what the risks are?when you spend money on something that doesn't even exist in your so called religion but you are being received and brainwashed...is that not 419?
If your God is a spirit,why do u give Him physical money..is that not an insult to him?is there any where in Christianity that he asked you to give him money?oh,they told you to honour the almighty God with man made money and you believe them.cant u see that they are more interested in your money?
This same guy his eyes will still open one day the same way victims of yahoo boys discover that it was all a scam.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Taal17: 4:08pm On Oct 31, 2023
abubarakat:
Yea i tried that yesterday morning but got stuck at the point where they wanted to send a code to my Nigerian phone number. Unfortunately i no longer have access to that sim.

As for internet banking, i had a feeling that would be the case as that's how i'm able to always retrieve my BVN. It got linked to my GTB account but the NIN isn't.

I have asked a friend to help me go the center i did the registration with the slip. Hopefully he is able to help me retrieve the NIN number.

Thanks for the suggestions. Appreciate it.
Have you checked gtb recently?
Was it the same phone number you used for NIN that you used for your gtbank acct.? If so then your NIN is probably there.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Oggg: 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2023
Stay away from NALA. They have held onto pounds that I changed my mind about changing and refused to return it . I don send countless messages to customer care, same story.. we are working on it but my pounds ano see. 3 daysss… My pounds they have refused to teturn. It’s one story to the other
Stay away from NALA. Lemonade/Lemfi doesn’t do this.
If I get my money back, I will update the house.
STAY AWAY FROM NALA

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Peerielass: 4:48pm On Oct 31, 2023
yolkman20:
Hello good people,

Trust weekend is going well.
I just did my tax return and my accountant was able to get me 3600k tax refund from the last tax year. I worked just 4 month as self employed within this tax year and I'm very wowed.

My people in construction, na like this he dey be?
I wasn't even expecting this much.

Any tax refund is always a great news but for this to work IRL, you must have paid a lot of tax through PAYE in 21/22 tax year and then became self employed part way in 22/23 leading to a trading loss in 22/23 which entitles you to some carry back loss relief.

I hope I’m correct 🤪 - HMRC are very stingy. The only time you will be entitled to a tax refund is if you’ve paid too much tax in the current/previous year.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 6:21pm On Oct 31, 2023
hustla:

How about this one? 55M naira to his wife on stage while in church grin

https://twitter.com/yabaleftonline/status/1719086974189863165?t=onSdd-2a3YdzdGzdIBuAgA&s=19

Hehe... things dey happen.. and folks would chorus my father, my father!
Such issues was the reason I supported the ill fated bill that should have brought some form of accountability into the charity and religious sector. Finally, it was still members that fought it.

Regarding tithing, just like with most religious practices, it's for every Christian to decide. Whether its right or wrong:is not dependent on it being abused.

What worries me is the way we deflect holding people responsible for their actions when it suits us. Its now like a culture.

Its the reason lecturers would sleep with their students and boast about it.
Its the reason our president spent months in another country seeking health...
Why our senators earn more than many presidents of developed nations
Why many very police check points openly collect bribe
Why our military brutalises our civilian populace
Why a preacher would slap a lady in broad day light
Why a health worker may treat patients anyhow.

I can go on and on.... but the answer is simple- it's because nothing would happen.

For those promoting this culture when their liked party is involved, they should do well to remember that you cant have one and forgo the other.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (539) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: M6ix, kelvindj98, 080bjaked(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.