Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,693 members, 7,813,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (461471 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Joyglo: 8:58pm On Jan 01
Happy new year guys.

Anyone doing cryptocurrency here? I would like to know if I can log into my binance app just like that or I will need a VPN to log in.

Also, I would want to know if I still need VPN for airdrops and trading.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hayesconcept(m): 9:14pm On Jan 01
December 22. I paid for priority for my own application because i need to resume to work early January. My application was approved less than 24hrs.
directonpc:

Boss when did you apply?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by adekzy: 9:27pm On Jan 01
Lexusgs430:

The beauty of T212, you can copy pies..... I copy a pie called '' Almost daily Dividends '' ....... This pie is a brilliant pie .......😜🤣

Some people might say, buying individual shares is too risky..... So they stick to ETF's or other instruments....... My answer to them is, why not do all.........😁😜

A comparison of one of my portfolios vs ETF.....🤣

I have an android too bro, whats the app link?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by directonpc(m): 9:58pm On Jan 01
hayesconcept:
December 22. I paid for priority for my own application because i need to resume to work early January. My application was approved less than 24hrs.
Cool 😎. Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by igbsam(m): 11:48pm On Jan 01
Lexusgs430:

The beauty of T212, you can copy pies..... I copy a pie called '' Almost daily Dividends '' ....... This pie is a brilliant pie .......😜🤣

Some people might say, buying individual shares is too risky..... So they stick to ETF's or other instruments....... My answer to them is, why not do all.........😁😜

A comparison of one of my portfolios vs ETF.....🤣

Chief, for newbies like ua when it comes to these shares and all. We need lecture to start off o. I tried registering, but I'm seeing 3 options Trade Invest, Trade ISA and one other one. Confusion don start o
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Ayofemidara: 12:32am On Jan 02
Please can anyone help out with 2bedroom apartment in Nottingham Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mex551(m): 12:33am On Jan 02
igbsam:

Chief, for newbies like ua when it comes to these shares and all. We need lecture to start off o. I tried registering, but I'm seeing 3 options Trade Invest, Trade ISA and one other one. Confusion don start o
. Choose the orange coloured one. I asked Lexus same question and that was his response

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by igbsam(m): 12:38am On Jan 02
mex551:
. Choose the orange coloured one. I asked Lexus same question and that was his response

Okay bro. That's ISA
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jamebex(m): 12:55am On Jan 02
Joyglo:
Happy new year guys.

Anyone doing cryptocurrency here? I would like to know if I can log into my binance app just like that or I will need a VPN to log in.

Also, I would want to know if I still need VPN for airdrops and trading.

I recently received a message from Binance requesting that I verify my country of residence. They said they noticed that I frequently access Binance from a country that is different from my current declared country of residence. To comply with their instructions and avoid any potential restriction of my account after a specified date, I completed the verification process. Now, as a precaution, I avoid frequent logins. When I do need to log in, I use a VPN to prevent any issues. I use TunnelBear VPN.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Mamatukwas: 1:50am On Jan 02
Happy New Year Guys!! Shout out to the OG’s that have held this thread down over the years! Una too much.

I pray this year will be fantastic for all of us!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 2:07am On Jan 02
igbsam:

The reason why an app like Tipranks premium, would guide you through the stock market, with wall street analyst, doing the hard work for you.....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ehizario2012: 4:09am On Jan 02
elengine:

You will spend a lot writing ACCA again. If you are in England, use your ICAN for pathway to ICAEW. You are good

Hi Chief. I am currently on ICAN skills, remaining Performance Management and Financial Reporting to clear skills, I started with no exemptions because my first degree is in science. My last diet was May 2023. I am confused if I should continue with ICAN considering my place is far from the exam location, the cost and acceptability in UK. I am thinking of starting ACCA or CIMA outrightly... Please I need your advice.

Others' advice welcome too. Tx.

Happy New Year all.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by giselle237: 5:57am On Jan 02
EGRL:
Hello house, I got into Uk in Nov, and this January I want to apply for my husband as my dependent, do I need to provide proof of funds for him? The company that gave me COS already ticked that they will maintain us… but since I didn’t come in with him , I was wondering if that will still stand or I’ll need to provide proof of funds
It stands as maintenance was ticked
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Akhat: 6:42am On Jan 02
Please can I pay for police character certificate using Lemonade. And is there a provision for renew when the certificate expires, or do I have to do a fresh application. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by directonpc(m): 8:04am On Jan 02
Ayofemidara:
Been searching here too (mostly online). No luck. Hopefully someone respond to your message with something helpful. smiley
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Akhat: 8:23am On Jan 02
Good morning house. My wife has been applying to different care homes and agencies for sponsorship. She recently changed job from Domiciliary care worker to support worker and her agency does not sponsor. It's been difficult as she is only getting offers from agencies and care homes that are not sponsoring, while she is getting rejection mails from the ones providing sponsorship. This month January will make it 6 months care experience. We have even tried outside our location (liverpool), as far as Scotland and Northern Ireland still no positive result. Our student visa expires in few months time, and presently can't afford PSW for the whole family.
Please we need help. If anyone knows of any agency or care home that is giving sponsorship should kindly assist please. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 9:13am On Jan 02
Akhat:
Good morning house. My wife has been applying to different care homes and agencies for sponsorship. She recently changed job from Domiciliary care worker to support worker and her agency does not sponsor. It's been difficult as she is only getting offers from agencies and care homes that are not sponsoring, while she is getting rejection mails from the ones providing sponsorship. This month January will make it 6 months care experience. We have even tried outside our location (liverpool), as far as Scotland and Northern Ireland still no positive result. Our student visa expires in few months time, and presently can't afford PSW for the whole family.
Please we need help. If anyone knows of any agency or care home that is giving sponsorship should kindly assist please. God bless.

Download the sponsorship excel from gov.uk
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/register-of-licensed-sponsors-workers

Open in Excel and Filter by name with keyword "care" "nhs" "supported living" "health" "support".

Copy what you get to notepad and start to bomb grin

Would have helped you but the plug in I used to use for filtering has been shutdown

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tinutunde(f): 9:16am On Jan 02
[quote author=harddrive2012 post=127561177]Greetings all,

Abeg I need help with getting WhatsApp
Please,how did you solve this issue?I got the same message today
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 9:20am On Jan 02
Franzee:
Am currently on a care visa..the company that issued COS have no shift...it's really been hard cux I can't get any job even cleaning...

I manage to get shifts but it doesn't sum up to 20 hours and it's not consistent... And end of the month I just pay rent and money dun finish....

Please any clue on what to do and how to go ..I dun apply tech jobs tiya with my updated resume still yet

Have you considered applying to care bank agencies?
I.e agencies that supply carehomes staff on an adhoc bases.
After sign on, some of these agencies may be able to pay you through an umbrella company which could be your primary visa sponsor. Your main visa sponsor then processes your payslip + tax involved
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jedisco(m): 9:30am On Jan 02
Akhat:

For the offers she is getting. is it that the agencies don't have a licence to sponsor or are not ready to sponsor her at the moment? Some homes might have a sponsorship licence but need you to work a while before they sponsor.

She should also ask her colleagues who have been able to get a sponsored role how they went about it.

With lots of new entrants going into care, the sector has become more congested.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by midey93(f): 11:02am On Jan 02
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by danny34(m): 11:41am On Jan 02
Hi,

Am in NG8 Aspley Nottingham, reach out and we can Look at something.

Cheers

Ayofemidara:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by jamebex(m): 12:44pm On Jan 02
directonpc:

Been searching here too (mostly online). No luck. Hopefully someone respond to your message with something helpful. smiley

You ideally shouldn't be searching for specific accommodation here, the chance of seeing someone who has information about a particular location is rare.

What you should do is use the general guidelines that has been shared before, which is go to sites like Openrent, Rightmove, Zoopla etc put in the location or post code and filter.

If you're single and flexible, use Spareroom, it is more easy and faster from my personal experience.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Resilient97: 1:01pm On Jan 02
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tjsadiq(m): 1:04pm On Jan 02
ehizario2012:

Hi Chief. I am currently on ICAN skills, remaining Performance Management and Financial Reporting to clear skills, I started with no exemptions because my first degree is in science. My last diet was May 2023. I am confused if I should continue with ICAN considering my place is far from the exam location, the cost and acceptability in UK. I am thinking of starting ACCA or CIMA outrightly... Please I need your advice.

I'm in your exact case, reading on for responses

Happy New Year all.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by elengine: 1:05pm On Jan 02
ehizario2012:

Happy New Year all.

My advice: If you are sure of completing ICAN in another 1 year then go for it. If you are not sure, start your ACCA immediately. Please note than ICAN is not a limitation here but it is always good to have their certification as well. ICAN was given birth to by ICAEW.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by tjsadiq(m): 1:05pm On Jan 02
ehizario2012:

Happy New Year all.

I'm in your exact case, reading on for responses
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Wisdom7400(m): 2:16pm On Jan 02
EGRL:
Hello house, I got into Uk in Nov, and this January I want to apply for my husband as my dependent, do I need to provide proof of funds for him? The company that gave me COS already ticked that they will maintain us… but since I didn’t come in with him , I was wondering if that will still stand or I’ll need to provide proof of funds
Hey you dont need proof of funds at all. Just go ahead and apply with his documents marriage cert, family pictures etc and u will be fine
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by autologic: 3:04pm On Jan 02
Akhat:
The easiest care job to get sponsorship is the same domicillary she left ,,still lot of domiciallary care with sponsorship
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Advision: 3:14pm On Jan 02
ehizario2012:

Happy New Year all.

best you dont sit on ICAN. Outside the big accounting firms, it is not really known by many recruiters and may put you at a disadvantage for roles seeking qualified accountants.

convert it to CIMA, ICAEW or ACCA when done.

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (532) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: Vintagee, OlaLiberty(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.