Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (468562 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 3:28pm On Jan 13
Thewritingnerd:
RCN and NHS grants to the rescue 🏃‍♀️😬

...and for other programmes?

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 3:32pm On Jan 13
lavida001:

So Na student money dey fund Uk economy for over 100 years ? Dey play. They will move on with or without you guys.

Out of curiosity, given the current "cost of living crisis", name two ways they can generate £10b+

List and explain

...and I do not have any issues with their laws, if it doesn't favour me in the end, I will either exit to another country or return to Naija.

My philosophy for life is that every thing that happens to you, good or bad, carries with it an equivalent seed of opportunity. Whether you choose to see the opportunity or not is up to you wink

Its the wailing that will follow that I am looking forward to

cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 3:33pm On Jan 13
Zahra29:

Some will need to downsize, perhaps consider which courses (commonly regarded as Mickey mouse or filler courses) can be removed or descoped, what courses can be taught online, think of more innovative ways to bring in revenue e.g. actively engaging their alumni, company donations/investments, research grants etc

We will be here sha

cheesy grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 4:10pm On Jan 13
Zahra29:

The Tories are already gone, they're just "squatting" in No 10 pending when the GE is finally called.

Imo, save some energy to hold the new Labour government to account when they get into office so that we do see the changes (or at least concrete steps towards the changes) that they have promised and that the country so badly needs.

You sound so sure?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 5:09pm On Jan 13
Thewritingnerd:
If education is truly a cover for mass migration (which is true) , which immigrant will opt to pay 16k or even 10k pounds for an online course ? 🤣

The mass migration/education front is mainly from certain countries and I agree that they would not want to pay £10k for online teaching (although many did during COVID).

However, online courses are popular among certain demographics in the UK and could be a way for universities to gain revenue while cutting costs that come with on-prem teaching.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 5:17pm On Jan 13
Raalsalghul:

You sound so sure?

The polls are consistently pointing to this, plus there is now a general feeling of fatigue with the current government , particularly Sunak, which means that nothing he does or says is having the desired effect. Tories are approaching near on 15 years in power - that is a very long time in the west and it is extremely difficult for any government, even a relatively good one, to retain high ratings when people start to agitate for a change. Other examples are Merkel, Trudeau, Rutte etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 5:26pm On Jan 13
Zahra29:

The polls are consistently pointing to this, plus there is now a general feeling of fatigue with the current government , particularly Sunak, which means that nothing he does or says is having the desired effect. Tories are approaching near on 15 years in power - that is a very long time in the west and it is extremely difficult for any government, even a relatively good one, to retain high ratings when people start to agitate for a change. Other examples are Merkel, Trudeau, Rutte etc.

And I think it is this fatigue that could usher in a non-Tory Government after after the G.E, not because the non-Tory parties have any sound, workable and properly costed policies that differ from the status quo.

Reason why I am always amused when someone on this thread creates the impression that their party is the silver bullet.

Like Nigeria APC in 2015, Like UK ‘Red Party’ on 2024.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by harddrive2012: 5:29pm On Jan 13
Abeg has anyone here heard of making money on digitalinfoways? This people has been disturbing me that they got my contact from indeed and offering me remote work on digitalinfoways. Where it got tricky was when I made withdrawal for joining commission 😀 and then them advising me to deposit before qualifying for more commission/tasks.
Looks like a scam to me though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 5:31pm On Jan 13
Thewritingnerd:
One of the strategies to adapt is increasing domestic school fees by 10-15%. I hope that comes into effect. 😁

It probably will.

However home fees were capped at circa £1k per year in my day, many home students paid nothing as fees were means tested on household income. So to go from that to paying approx £9k, (minus accomodation costs, which means many students graduate with loans of > £30k for a 3 year course) is already a significant jump for home students. Increasing fees much more will make many seriously consider the cost benefit of a conventional university degree when there are alternative, more economical and even paid routes to being qualified such as apprenticeships.

So universities need to consider their moves very carefully.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 5:46pm On Jan 13
ReesheesuKnack:

And I think it is this fatigue that could usher in a non-Tory Government after after the G.E, not because the non-Tory parties have any sound, workable and properly costed policies that differ from the status quo.

Reason why I am always amused when someone on this thread creates the impression that their party is the silver bullet.

Like Nigeria APC in 2015, Like UK ‘Red Party’ on 2024.

I agree and I don't see the Labour party as a silver bullet...however I do think that the current version of the Tory government is quite woeful, largely self-serving and desperately lacking in well thought out , strategic, impactful policies.

It's steadily gone down hill since Cameron left (and that's saying something) and I think the Tories need some time in the wilderness to reset/split and rediscover who they are and what they stand for. They need to bring back the likes of Soubry, Grieve and the like who stood firm for what they believed was good for the country, not this lot who either meekly go along with their party in order to keep their jobs and parliamentary perks, or fight their party to further their own ambitions.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by HenryG(m): 5:47pm On Jan 13
harddrive2012:
Abeg has anyone here heard of making money on digitalinfoways? This people has been disturbing me that they got my contact from indeed and offering me remote work on digitalinfoways. Where it got tricky was when I made withdrawal for joining commission 😀 and then them advising me to deposit before qualifying for more commission/tasks.

Hi.... Seems like we are having similar experience. Did you work on website called small planet?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Goodenoch: 6:11pm On Jan 13
harddrive2012:

Scam.

Search for ‘prepaid job scam’.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by harddrive2012: 6:31pm On Jan 13
Nope. The website I work is digitalinfoways

HenryG:

Hi.... Seems like we are having similar experience. Did you work on website called small planet?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by harddrive2012: 6:57pm On Jan 13
Wow!
Make I run with my two legs with this $80 USDT 😅

Goodenoch:

Scam.

Search for ‘prepaid job scam’.

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by justwise(m): 7:51pm On Jan 13
Zahra29:

The mass migration/education front is mainly from certain countries and I agree that they would not want to pay £10k for online teaching (although many did during COVID).

However, online courses are popular among certain demographics in the UK and could be a way for universities to gain revenue while cutting costs that come with on-prem teaching.

lol ..Zahra29 ? You really believe that universities will close the gap financially by doing that? Of course not, like i said months ago many universities will struggle to survive and govt will be forced to step-in or relax the policy for student visa.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 7:59pm On Jan 13
justwise:
[/b]

lol ..Zahra29 ? You really believe that universities will close the gap financially by doing that? Of course not, like i said months ago many universities will struggle to survive and govt will be forced to step-in or relax the policy for student visa.

Not the current gap, no. But I've said that realistically many universities that have built their funding models almost entirely on reliance on foreign students from "key countries" will have to downsize because this model isn't sustainable, unless they are able to convince the country that migration levels of close to 1m is acceptable in order to keep them afloat.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by HenryG(m): 8:08pm On Jan 13
harddrive2012:
Nope. The website I work is digitalinfoways

It's a scam. I have 1719 USDT to claim by paying 1290 USDT to complete the task. I immediately put an end to it.
You can watch their general way of operation in the video below. You may find similarities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y776rLEkY4?si=kuJHUqlI0KT8UAns

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 8:44pm On Jan 13
They should take it to master Jesus. The master granter. He never fails. 🫢
hustla:

...and for other programmes?

grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Thewritingnerd(f): 8:50pm On Jan 13
So ultimately, this leaves many of them at risk of highly-probable permanent decline. Because if there are no int’l students to keep staff wages afloat, no domestic students willing to pay that high and very few number of people taking online courses, what does that spell? 🫢

Zahra29:

It probably will.

However home fees were capped at circa £1k per year in my day, many home students paid nothing as fees were means tested on household income. So to go from that to paying approx £9k, (minus accomodation costs, which means many students graduate with loans of > £30k for a 3 year course) is already a significant jump for home students. Increasing fees much more will make many seriously consider the cost benefit of a conventional university degree when there are alternative, more economical and even paid routes to being qualified such as apprenticeships.

So universities need to consider their moves very carefully.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by harddrive2012: 9:55pm On Jan 13
I thought as much that it’s a scam. Not same company but they are truly similar

HenryG:

It's a scam. I have 1719 USDT to claim by paying 1290 USDT to complete the task. I immediately put an end to it.
You can watch their general way of operation in the video below. You may find similarities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y776rLEkY4?si=kuJHUqlI0KT8UAns

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:09pm On Jan 13
Thewritingnerd:
They should take it to master Jesus. The master granter. He never fails. 🫢

cheesy cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by EzekielBams(m): 10:22pm On Jan 13
Lexusgs430:

Landlord should take her to court, nah judge go finish the matter.......

Have you read the exchange of conversation between them......

Did the landlord implicitly agree to the swap........

Yes thank you so much. Everything has been taken care of.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by EzekielBams(m): 10:22pm On Jan 13
Goodenoch:

She should tell him to take the legal action he wants to take.

Insofar as the transfer to the new tenants was done with his knowledge and consent (and he even received consideration - the forfeited deposit), the contract between your sister and the landlord is terminated and she has no business talking with him about the house at all.
Thank you for your response. It has been sorted.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:59pm On Jan 13
EzekielBams:

Yes thank you so much. Everything has been taken care of.

Once you know the law....... No gree for anybody.......🤣😜
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 11:24pm On Jan 13
dustydee:
@ missjekyll, what's Labours plans on war spending? Will they spend millions protecting the red sea rather than give that to the less well-off or the NHS?

Red Sea? They haven't got a policy yet on that so far as I can see. Pray tell ,What's happening in the Red Sea? I had no idea anything was going on over there.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:46pm On Jan 13
missjekyll:

Red Sea? They haven't got a policy yet on that so far as I can see. Pray tell ,What's happening in the Red Sea? I had no idea anything was going on over there.

Bloodbath on the red sea....... UK & USA are disposing/testing their old stocked missiles, on the houtis........😄😜

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 11:50pm On Jan 13
missjekyll:

Houthi rebels from Yemen are attacking cargo ships 🛳️ going through the Red Sea.

I guess the original question was about Labour’s plans for war spending. Put on another way, what will be Labour’s Defense budget commitment?

We all know what Labour’s most recent starboy (JC) was up to. Thank Goodness Sir Keir kicked his sorry a** out of the party.
But the current guy… where does he stand sef?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 12:06am On Jan 14
ReesheesuKnack:

Houthi rebels from Yemen are attacking cargo ships 🛳️ going through the Red Sea.

I guess the original question was about Labour’s plans for war spending. Put on another way, what will be Labour’s Defense budget commitment?

We all know what Labour’s most recent starboy (JC) was up to. Thank Goodness Sir Keir kicked his sorry a** out of the party.

Isn't it strange how rishi can patrol the red sea, but cannot patrol the channel tunnel........ It's clear he only knows how to destroy, but not build........ 😅😜

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 12:27am On Jan 14
hustla:

Out of curiosity, given the current "cost of living crisis", name two ways they can generate £10b+

List and explain

...and I do not have any issues with their laws, if it doesn't favour me in the end, I will either exit to another country or return to Naija.

My philosophy for life is that every thing that happens to you, good or bad, carries with it an equivalent seed of opportunity. Whether you choose to see the opportunity or not is up to you wink

Its the wailing that will follow that I am looking forward to

cheesy

It’s the UK they have built a reputation for themselves over the years. Student will still come for study’s. And mind you the money they have made from student this past 3 years will be put back into their economy. In a nutshell they will find a way. They always do.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 12:46am On Jan 14
It will be a well thoughtout policy not a jaguda ,scattershot, harebrained one.

The sort that will result in widespread disaster once implemented.

I see Mr Rishi is playing at bombs this week. Abeg o, our Armed forces are demoralised and live in terrible conditions. Can they fight? I never ready for conscription .
ReesheesuKnack:

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by missjekyll: 12:53am On Jan 14
Lexusgs430:

Bloodbath on the red sea....... UK & USA are disposing/testing their old stocked missiles, on the houtis........😄😜

I knew this was being planned. Didn't know they had started or that the scene was the red sea.

Tbh, I skip war stories in the papers. I d rather read about southafricas lawsuit against Isreal. I am very Very proud of SA. #ASAMBE

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by adekzy: 1:27am On Jan 14
As a labour advocate, it is best you follow the foreign policy of your government and the opposition so that when u start the door-to-door campaign, you will have extra points to sell your party..

The current onslaught of the UK/US attack on the Houthis in Yemen is been led by David Cameron because of the Red Sea shipping route.

Rushy can't help his strangling cold economic policy, but can send bombs to the ME/Yemen to kill innocent people all because of the Zionist IsraHell govt controlling his balls. Meanwhile, they are still massively funding Ukraine Zelensky on taxpayers money working in the cold winter!

Hypocritical West!

missjekyll:

I knew this was being planned. Didn't know they had started or that the scene was the red sea.

Tbh, I skip war stories in the papers. I d rather read about southafricas lawsuit against Isreal. I am very Very proud of SA. #ASAMBE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (542) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: deept(m), Opemipo2107 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.