Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,308 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (432) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (464533 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (536) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Owoado(m): 8:58am On Feb 02
mayowa94:
Mine is over 2 months and a week now after capturing and nothing has been delivered.
Has the old passport expired?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nelsmannnnnnnnn(m): 9:47am On Feb 02
nafitari:
Hi there,
Were you able to get this solved? My sister is going through the same issue. It's been on since last year and she has not heard anything after the hearing despite several emails sent. She went ahead to resit the course but it looks like that might not solve the issue.
This is delaying application for her psw.

Does she have a personal tutor?... She should meet her personal tutor for advise on this issue. Normally, if she has taken a resit, then she would have to wait for the outcome of the resit before anything else. I just hope she did well in her resit.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Nelsmannnnnnnnn(m): 10:18am On Feb 02
To the seniors in the house, please I need tips and help in this Youkay job market.

I've been applying for jobs basically in the finance field both in the private and public sector but I haven't gotten any invite for interview. It's been over six months and no single interview. In fact the only interviews have gotten are jobs related to care.

I have changed tactics severally, and it seems no positive. I have ensured there is no gap in my employment history, I have matched the job requirement to align with my CV, send cover letters, apply directly from company's website but no call for interview. I have over six years experience in finance and accounting, qualified and in managerial position but even if I apply for lower rated finance role, still no call. It's frustrating the hell out of me.

Gurus in the corporate sector here, pls assist and advise. Is there something I'm not doing right?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by babranancy: 11:03am On Feb 02
I applied for Nigerian passport from uk for my 10 months old baby but the appointment date is in March with is abit long for me plus the time I have to wait after capturing which I believe will be too long as well. Anyone here with contact over there that will help me with the process? I hope to get an early appointment, preferably this month and get the passport next month with little or no fee, I’d be glad. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 11:12am On Feb 02
I think it’s worth sharing this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Schoolhike: 11:17am On Feb 02
Nelsmannnnnnnnn:
To the seniors in the house, please I need tips and help in this Youkay job market.

I've been applying for jobs basically in the finance field both in the private and public sector but I haven't gotten any invite for interview. It's been over six months and no single interview. In fact the only interviews have gotten are jobs related to care.

I have changed tactics severally, and it seems no positive. I have ensured there is no gap in my employment history, I have matched the job requirement to align with my CV, send cover letters, apply directly from company's website but no call for interview. I have over six years experience in finance and accounting, qualified and in managerial position but even if I apply for lower rated finance role, still no call. It's frustrating the hell out of me.

Gurus in the corporate sector here, pls assist and advise. Is there something I'm not doing right?

Hmn with this your experience channel your energy to Civil service jobs (try 10 -15 applications) could get as much as 5 interviews if application is solid and okay hopefully you get one or two yes.

Be vigilant not to apply for those positions that requires security clearance if you haven’t stayed in Uk for the required number of years needed for for the job (most happens with Home office vacancy any way )

Could give NHS a try as well, but would highly recommend the former.

Could check my previous post for more pointers.

Many silent reader came to share their testimony in my dm.

Which you good luck in job hunting.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Resurgent2016: 11:46am On Feb 02
Nelsmannnnnnnnn:

let's get in touch..please Pm
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Raalsalghul: 12:44pm On Feb 02
Goodenoch:

Hi, thanks for explaining this.

Do these appointments need to be sequential? i.e. I have a holiday booked for May but if I want to add a couple others to it to apply for multiple entries can one be in say July and another in October?

Absolutely yes.

Just make sure they've all been completely paid for: flight and accommodation.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mayowa94: 12:49pm On Feb 02
Owoado:
Has the old passport expired?
No. It will expire in March.
Why did you ask?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by KOVIC19COVID20: 12:55pm On Feb 02
adekzy:
Why are you so bitter as if you are from the sadEast part of Nigeria.

I never expected anything different from a Hamas-loving, West-hating tribal jingoist who previously admitted on this thread that he was a fraudulent person.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by KOVIC19COVID20: 1:00pm On Feb 02
adekzy:
Most of Nigeria's embezzled funds are sitting mostly in US/UK banks all thanks to their government that enables and makes it easy for Nigerian politicians so export their stolen funds. The majority of stolen Africa's resources are been consumed and received by the Western conglomerates as well.

The UK/US govt are still running investigation on COVID-19 fund mismanagement.

Everybody government nah thief.

You may have gone back to edit this post after the backlash, but we all saw what the initial post was. You accepted that you are a thief, and decided to muddle it up by using the word 'Everybody' instead of the first first person singular 'I' or 'Me".
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Joy83(m): 1:01pm On Feb 02
Did capturing on 12th of December and they delivered the passport yesterday.

mayowa94:
Mine is over 2 months and a week now after capturing and nothing has been delivered.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mayowa94: 1:05pm On Feb 02
Joy83:
Did capturing on 12th of December and they delivered the passport yesterday.

Haha
So fast. Is your old passport expired? Also does your tracking work?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Owoado(m): 1:14pm On Feb 02
mayowa94:
No. It will expire in March.
Why did you ask?
It seems they prioritise based on the expiry date of the old one
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by gmacnoms(m): 1:28pm On Feb 02
Nelsmannnnnnnnn:

I know you have tried all, but just incase yu haven’t.

Indeed, Glassdoor , google “keywords” jobs near me, total jobs, cv-library. The first 3 🔥

Search with your keywords constantly.

If you think your cv needs help?
Resume-now dot com 👉 does magic

All the best

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by CowbellY: 1:42pm On Feb 02
giselle237:
I can’t get it out.. hence the outcry

Oh. You can't even send it to Nigeria ? Woah
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Viruses: 2:09pm On Feb 02
babranancy:
I applied for Nigerian passport from uk for my 10 months old baby but the appointment date is in March with is abit long for me plus the time I have to wait after capturing which I believe will be too long as well. Anyone here with contact over there that will help me with the process? I hope to get an early appointment, preferably this month and get the passport next month with little or no fee, I’d be glad. Thanks

If you want to live this kind of lifestyle, go to Nigeria. If you beg for connection here again, I will report you to justwise.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mayowa94: 3:21pm On Feb 02
Owoado:
It seems they prioritise based on the expiry date of the old one
What is the expiry date of your old one?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Zahra29: 3:49pm On Feb 02
Viruses:

If you want to live this kind of lifestyle, go to Nigeria. If you beg for connection here again, I will report you to justwise.

😂
Funny but very valid. People need to learn to comply with due process. March isn't even that far away unless there is an emergency that necessitates the acceleration of the appt date.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Dappy25: 4:24pm On Feb 02
I booked a biometric appointment at Nigeria Passport Office, London for my baby. The date I chose was April 1st 2024. I booked it last year and realised recently that this date is a Bank holiday.

It seems they won’t be open on a bank holiday, I’ve tried to call the National Immigration service to confirm what I can do but couldn’t reach them. Also tried to reschedule online but I couldn’t.

Please does anyone have an idea of what I can do to reschedule the appointment and choose a different date?

Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by DInkMan(m): 4:27pm On Feb 02
hustla:

Until we start executing people before Nigeria will have a resemblance of sanity

I keep saying smiley

The problems have obvious solutions but yeah, carry Toke Makinwa to climate conference and sponsor Hajj with scarce forex

Who do Nigeria this thing ehn?

Guy, it seems you have a personal axe to grind with Tokey with the numerous mentions oh 😀 .
By the way, they want masses to bear the heat of subsidy removal. It's, in all sincerity, preposterous.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Treadway: 4:54pm On Feb 02
DInkMan:

Guy, it seems you have a personal axe to grind with Tokey with the numerous mentions oh 😀 .
By the way, they want masses to bear the heat of subsidy removal. It's, in all sincerity, preposterous.
even the exchange rate that Mr nland resident Bin Laden was blaming us for onto say we HODL dollar, he no face politicians wey don dollarize tins and transactions tey tey eg Ganduje throwback video...but check this out.. customs reviewed exchange rate for clearing to almost 1400 today. Now tell me that the speed with which they made that upward review isn't very suspicious. The whole kasala literally hit turbo this same week and boom customs don increase rate. That signals to me that even the sudden rate jump experienced this week was planned.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 5:06pm On Feb 02
DInkMan:

Yes, the axe is personal.. because I am here hustling in another man's land inside useless cold and these fooolish idiots who haven't' paid my mother's gratuity for 7+ years are using money to ferry a brain dead woman with plastic yansh to spend our tax money anyhow

You cannot tell me the subsidy removal is for the betterment of all and we have to endure for a while but you're buying 100M naira jeeps for your band of thieves

If them make me President for one day, burial ground go full

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by oluwaleokey: 5:12pm On Feb 02
My people
In between the discussions ... biko which radio FM is the best to listen to, I mean, educative .... wish nairaland travel thread can be converted to stereo, make I dey hear the gbas gbos grin
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Joy83(m): 5:24pm On Feb 02
The old passport didn't expire before I renewed it. Also, I didn't check the tracker because the due date they gave me was 8th of February. I planned not to bother myself checking until anytime from 8th of February.
mayowa94:
Haha
So fast. Is your old passport expired? Also does your tracking work?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Treadway: 5:49pm On Feb 02
oluwaleokey:
My people
In between the discussions ... biko which radio FM is the best to listen to, I mean, educative .... wish nairaland travel thread can be converted to stereo, make I dey hear the gbas gbos grin
I already made that suggestion to Seun. I no know why he no consider am as a worthy upgrade. Include the option of uploading Voice notes just like we upload pictures. So darn easy!!!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Owoado(m): 6:24pm On Feb 02
mayowa94:
What is the expiry date of your old one?
Jan 2024. New one was delivered few days after old one expired
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 7:07pm On Feb 02
oluwaleokey:
My people

LBC is good (not LBC news, but LBC talk) or BBC radio London........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by mayowa94: 8:27pm On Feb 02
Joy83:
The old passport didn't expire before I renewed it. Also, I didn't check the tracker because the due date they gave me was 8th of February. I planned not to bother myself checking until anytime from 8th of February.
when is the expiry date so that I can get some facts right?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Mentholated: 9:08pm On Feb 02
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by elengine: 9:22pm On Feb 02
Them follow this case

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by ReesheesuKnack: 10:42pm On Feb 02
oluwaleokey:
My people

If your interest is in a mostly left-leaning, Brexit-hating, and woke-leaning Radio with lots of callers calling in to moan and moan about the UK, the LBC is your go-to station. It’s 97.3 on FM (also available on DAB) and on the Global player app.

If you want some news, some drama, some comedy, some docu-series and general enlightenment, I suggest BBC Radio 4.

If you want a migrant-castigating, migrant-vilifying and hugely right-leaning radio, listen to TalkRadio or GB News Radio (available on DAB and on the App and on your smart speaker).

Those are the ones I listen to anyways.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (536) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: 080bjaked(m), D1uncle, Goodenoch, DoubleN(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.