Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) - Travel (473) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) (471117 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (542) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 9:58am On Mar 10
Lexusgs430:

Would be about £50..... But items are usually weighed.....

Thanks Boss. Please can I get their contact?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:00am On Mar 10
LionInZion:

Thanks Boss. Please can I get their contact?

07762 151556 - Fara cargo services........

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 10:02am On Mar 10
Hclinton:
Hello my people,
please I need an urgent help, I filled application for skilled worker dependant visa with my children but they send me a mail for one of the children that they can't decide her application because they are yet to take a decision on mine and that they have sent me a mail requesting for additional documents.

Now my issue is that I didn't receive any message requesting additional documents.
Please what can I do?

Have you checked your junk folder........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 10:11am On Mar 10
lightofjoy:
Happy Sunday, below is my situation, I got a job offer(application /interview process was faster than anticipated) and I initially told them I will be resuming next week but my issue is, have already applied for my skilled worker dependant visa but not out yet and I supposed to submit it with my documentation.

I can't resume the work with my student visa hence why I applied already to switch.

My question is: can I write the company to change my resumption date?
Or what's your advice?

Since you've made the application, you've done your part, and the rest is out of your control. It's left for the Home Office to make a decision on it, which might take up to 8 weeks. The question is will the company be patient to extend your resumption for another 8 weeks? I really doubt that.

In your shoes, I would gather all relevant pieces of evidence for the application as part of the documentation for the job resumption. Most employers would be happy to onboard you once they see evidence of your application even before the visa approval, except of course you're applying from outside the UK.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LionInZion: 10:14am On Mar 10
Lexusgs430:

Thank you so much Boss.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Jamesclooney: 12:19pm On Mar 10
lightofjoy:
Happy Sunday, below is my situation, I got a job offer(application /interview process was faster than anticipated) and I initially told them I will be resuming next week but my issue is, have already applied for my skilled worker dependant visa but not out yet and I supposed to submit it with my documentation.

I can't resume the work with my student visa hence why I applied already to switch.

Or what's your advice?

This your situation just gave me de ja vu. I’ll tell the whole story then maybe you can pick one or two lessons to apply.

Few years ago, like you, I was on a student visa and in the process of switching to a dependent visa (skilled worker).
The Home Office website stated standard processing time was 2 months or so. In the end it took 4+ months (I applied in July, got the decision late October). In retrospect, I should have paid the extra money for express visa (extra £1 or 2K can’t remember again).
I applied for the jobs in advance; got several offers. Some bounced me at the point of share code check because of student visa limitations of 20h/week. And dependent visa was taking time without any concrete timescales.
Finally got a managerial offer with £50k+ salary based in London. These guys were wiling to wait but not indefinitely. They were calling regularly just to check up with the visa. I just dey bobo them every week just to buy time.
I sent Home Office all kinds of emails/letters/calls. Nothing positive, just auto or generic responses…High volumes of applications, Ukraine & Afghanistan were priority etc.
Then I went to my local MP to complain.
He took my details and wrote to the Home Office stating my predicament (loss of jobs, potential loss of £50k job and loss for the economy as my job was in high demand etc.)

Within weeks Home Office responded to him, telling him there’s backlog blah blah blah.

I kept following up, going to his Constituency office/surgery monthly and calling his office as well. Then his staff would chase Home Office again.

Long story short, I got a decision late October to resume Nov. Just at the point the employer was about to withdraw my offer after waiting a whole two months for me!
I was so grateful to them all. Bought MP Christmas card, bottle of wine and chocolates for his staff. Gave my all for my “new” employer as a gesture of appreciation.
So yeah, I know how you feel, try and be diplomatic with the new guys and escalate your visa application through all channels..
Happy to help if you need more info privately.
Goodluck

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lightofjoy(m): 12:32pm On Mar 10
Thanks sir I have PM you. Thanks for this analysis, it really help. I will like to ask you some questions?
Jamesclooney:

This your situation just gave me de ja vu. I’ll tell the whole story then maybe you can pick one or two lessons to apply.

Few years ago, like you, I was on a student visa and in the process of switching to a dependent visa (skilled worker).
The Home Office website stated standard processing time was 2 months or so. In the end it took 4+ months (I applied in July, got the decision late October). In retrospect, I should have paid the extra money for express visa (extra £1 or 2K can’t remember again).
I applied for the jobs in advance; got several offers. Some bounced me at the point of share code check because of student visa limitations of 20h/week. And dependent visa was taking time without any concrete timescales.
Finally got a managerial offer with £50k+ salary based in London. These guys were wiling to wait but not indefinitely. They were calling regularly just to check up with the visa. I just dey bobo them every week just to buy time.
I sent Home Office all kinds of emails/letters/calls. Nothing positive, just auto or generic responses…High volumes of applications, Ukraine & Afghanistan were priority etc.
Then I went to my local MP to complain.
He took my details and wrote to the Home Office stating my predicament (loss of jobs, potential loss of £50k job and loss for the economy as my job was in high demand etc.)

Within weeks Home Office responded to him, telling him there’s backlog blah blah blah.

I kept following up, going to his Constituency office/surgery monthly and calling his office as well. Then his staff would chase Home Office again.

Long story short, I got a decision late October to resume Nov. Just at the point the employer was about to withdraw my offer after waiting a whole two months for me!
I was so grateful to them all. Bought MP Christmas card, bottle of wine and chocolates for his staff. Gave my all for my “new” employer as a gesture of appreciation.
So yeah, I know how you feel, try and be diplomatic with the new guys and escalate your visa application through all channels..
Happy to help if you need more info privately.
Goodluck
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Hclinton: 12:35pm On Mar 10
Yes, it's not in my junk.
Please what else can I do?
Lexusgs430:

Have you checked your junk folder........
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by lavida001: 12:47pm On Mar 10
Your council tax is increasing soon.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by LaXxOnebody(m): 12:55pm On Mar 10
You can call the UKVI helpline but you wont get any help. They're one of the most inefficient call centres in the UK (personal experience and experience of others).

You'd need to send an email to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk and copy public.enquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk. You'd then start getting holding messages.

It's probably Atlas messing with you. You can read about it here - https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/faulty-71m-home-office-it-system-causes-immigration-errors-and-leaves-staff-sobbing-2943859

Good luck!

Hclinton:
Hello my people,
please I need an urgent help, I filled application for skilled worker dependant visa with my children but they send me a mail for one of the children that they can't decide her application because they are yet to take a decision on mine and that they have sent me a mail requesting for additional documents.

Now my issue is that I didn't receive any message requesting additional documents.
Please what can I do?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Cyberknight: 1:05pm On Mar 10
LaXxOnebody:
You can call the UKVI helpline but you wont get any help. They're one of the most inefficient call centres in the UK (personal experience and experience of others).

You'd need to send an email to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk and copy public.enquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk. You'd then start getting holding messages.

It's probably Atlas messing with you. You can read about it here - https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/faulty-71m-home-office-it-system-causes-immigration-errors-and-leaves-staff-sobbing-2943859

Good luck!

Not again.

Hopefully this wont be another Post Office-type matter for the millions of people on visas in this country.

Still wondering why they're insisting on phasing out BRPs and moving everyone to the digital status thing. Just imagining standing in a queue at Lagos airport some time in 2025 while a harassed airline staff tries to verify a share code on Home Office Atlas before letting one board is giving one nightmares. Hilariously someone said she won't travel out of the UK after 2024 so she doesn't get "locked out". Doesn't seem so funny anymore.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Hclinton: 1:44pm On Mar 10
Thanks sir. Yes, this is the mail: atlas notifications.notmonitored@homeoffice.gov.uk. I have sent the mail out to the address.
LaXxOnebody:

Good luck!

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by 080bjaked(m): 2:33pm On Mar 10
Lexusgs430:

Please do they do from Naija to UK too?
I'd like to send some clothings from Naija but UPS and DHL no get prices wey fear God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 5:26pm On Mar 10
080bjaked:

Please do they do from Naija to UK too?
I'd like to send some clothings from Naija but UPS and DHL no get prices wey fear God.

Yes. Their Nigeria office is by excellence hotel.......

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Controlv: 7:42pm On Mar 10
lightofjoy:

Or what's your advice?

Congratulations on your new offer. Your employer should be able to request an ECS check from the Home Office and you'll be able to work full time.

I had a similar situation last year, got 2 offers while awaiting decision on my psw application and both employers requested an ecs check with the HO using my application reference number. Home Office respond within 1 week and I was able to start one of the jobs before I got a decision. The ECS check is valid for six months.

Here's what an ECS looks like, it was addressed to the employer and I downloaded a copy from one of the employer's application portal.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Jamesclooney: 8:20pm On Mar 10
Controlv:

Congratulations on your new offer. Your employer should be able to request an ECS check from the Home Office and you'll be able to work full time.

I had a similar situation last year, got 2 offers while awaiting decision on my psw application and both employers requested an ecs check with the HO using my application reference number. Home Office respond within 1 week and I was able to start one of the jobs before I got a decision. The ECS check is valid for six months.

Here's what an ECS looks like, it was addressed to the employer and I downloaded a copy from one of the employer's application portal.

Some employers won’t accept this because your ECS CHECK in Section 4 says you’re limited to 20hrs a week. If the offer is for a full time position, it will contravene the section.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Controlv: 8:45pm On Mar 10
Jamesclooney:

Some employers won’t accept this because your ECS CHECK in Section 4 says you’re limited to 20hrs a week. If the offer is for a full time position, it will contravene the section.

Limited during term time. I provided my Msc certificate and started working full time before my brp arrived.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by taalas: 8:48pm On Mar 10
Pls Boss how do you answer this on vis application when your company has certify maintenance Where do you plan to stay in the UK? [quote author=Lexusgs430 post=128866357]

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 8:57pm On Mar 10
My people is it true that I still have to activate my NIN to be able to use it if I did the enrollment in UK? I want to renew my passport and I have been told that the new UK NIN I have still needs to be activated.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:05pm On Mar 10
wonlasewonimi:
My people is it true that I still have to activate my NIN to be able to use it if I did the enrollment in UK? I want to renew my passport and I have been told that the new UK NIN I have still needs to be activated.

You know say anything wey that clueless FG execute, no dey even straight.........😂😁
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 9:06pm On Mar 10
taalas:
Pls Boss how do you answer this on vis application when your company has certify maintenance Where do you plan to stay in the UK?

Question not very clear.......
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 9:14pm On Mar 10
Lexusgs430:

You know say anything wey that clueless FG execute, no dey even straight.........😂😁

Bro my tiredness is tired.

I have been trying to addd the stupid NIN to my GTB account and there's nowhere to do so? Why is everything from Nigeria complicated?
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AntiMCU: 9:30pm On Mar 10
Hi Team,

Please I'm trying to make an application for a skilled worker's visa however when it comes to selecting the occupational code/job role, it's showing "No results found" and it is currently listed on the Skilled Worker visa: eligible occupations and codes.

I contacted the home office via phone and the lady I spoke to couldn't be off much help: she said something along the lines of "Using another related code for the job role and explaining it in a note at the end of my application".

I also sent a mail to "applyonlinee-support@homeoffice.gov.uk" who couldn't be of much help by telling me "There is currently no reported problems with our online services".

I have sent an email to the HR of the company who issued the CoS explaining the situation.

Please what other ways can I tackle this issue? I need help oh abeg.

Zahra29
Lexusgs430
Santa2
Schoolhike
missjekyl
Lagosismyhome
Viruses
dupyshoo
Goodenoch
Schoolhike
Hustla
Jedisco
ReesheesuKnack
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by seunoj: 9:40pm On Mar 10
AntiMCU:
Hi Team,

Please I'm trying to make an application for a skilled worker's visa however when it comes to selecting the occupational code/job role, it's showing "No results found" and it is currently listed on the Skilled Worker visa: eligible occupations and codes.

I contacted the home office via phone and the lady I spoke to couldn't be off much help: she said something along the lines of "Using another related code for the job role and explaining it in a note at the end of my application".

I also sent a mail to "applyonlinee-support@homeoffice.gov.uk" who couldn't be of much help by telling me "There is currently no reported problems with our online services".

I have sent an email to the HR of the company who issued the CoS explaining the situation.

Please what other ways can I tackle this issue? I need help oh abeg.

Zahra29
Lexusgs430
Santa2
Schoolhike
missjekyl
Lagosismyhome
Viruses
dupyshoo
Goodenoch
Schoolhike
Hustla
Jedisco
ReesheesuKnack

Your CoS should have the code on it. Not sure if you are referring to a different code.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by AntiMCU: 9:46pm On Mar 10
seunoj:

Your CoS should have the code on it. Not sure if you are referring to a different code.

The code is on the CoS but not showing on the application portal, that's the issue here.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Bourne007(m): 9:47pm On Mar 10
Not true (per say) .. . There are unusual cases where (for some reason) the process wasn't complete so NHC will ask you to call Abuja cheesy

As for GTB, it was a bit annoying but got there in the end sha

Use link below but dial *346*3*NINNumber*292968# on a naija number or use NIMC app which generates your vNIN to complete am. The vNIN is a "tokenised version of a user’s NIN" grin
https://aonew.gtbank.com/SelfServiceApp_final/

wonlasewonimi:

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by seunoj: 10:03pm On Mar 10
AntiMCU:

The code is on the CoS but not showing on the application portal, that's the issue here.
Oh I get now. This looks like system issh.
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 10:15pm On Mar 10
Bourne007:
Not true (per say) .. . There are unusual cases where (for some reason) the process wasn't complete so NHC will ask you to call Abuja cheesy

As for GTB, it was a bit annoying but got there in the end sha

Use link below but dial *346*3*NINNumber*292968# on a naija number or use NIMC app which generates your vNIN to complete am. The vNIN is a "tokenised version of a user’s NIN" grin
https://aonew.gtbank.com/SelfServiceApp_final/

Thanks bro.

However, I don't have Nigerian number. I tried to use the nimc app and realised my UK number the dumbos used during my Nin registration have the country code 234, so I couldn't get the OTP. We are back to square one
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Bourne007(m): 10:29pm On Mar 10
Had the exact experience. Use any naija number for home as èè no matter. It's just to generate the vNIN

wonlasewonimi:

Thanks bro.

However, I don't have Nigerian number. I tried to use the nimc app and realised my UK number the dumbos used during my Nin registration have the country code 234, so I couldn't get the OTP. We are back to square one
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by wonlasewonimi: 10:40pm On Mar 10
Bourne007:
Had the exact experience. Use any naija number for home as èè no matter. It's just to generate the vNIN

Thanks I will get someone from naija to get the OTP for me
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by hustla(m): 10:45pm On Mar 10
Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by Lexusgs430: 11:16pm On Mar 10
hustla:
Very sad / interesting read smh

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/baby-scan-clinic-humiliated-degraded-28765633

At the end...... She got justice .......😂

I am sure she would not mind cleaning many more windows, for a £30K payout.........😀🤑

(1) (2) (3) ... (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) ... (542) (Reply)

Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

Viewing this topic: yomzee, ehizario2012 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.