Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Please Is This What Happens In The University?(photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Is This What Happens In The University?(photos) (5362 Views)

Amara Ezenwoye Bags Masters Degree From UK University (Photos) / Hostel Built By Pastor David Ibiyeomie For Ignatius Ajuru University (Photos) / How Mass Communication Students Sit For Exams In Anambra University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Is This What Happens In The University?(photos) by gr8cany: 2:48pm On May 20, 2023
confessionsad:
Good day everyone
Please the admins should take this to the front page please 😭😭

I'm currently a 400 level student of Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Computer Engineering, and we're currently facing a big issue, which the management of the school wants to keep hidden.

Here's what's happening,We wrote a practical on Feg293 when we were in 300 level First semester and I all submitted my practical manuals and made sure to attend the Classes the lecturer did have with us. So I'm currently in 400 level 1st semester and our Results for the course was released,and to my very surprise I had missing scripts

Upon seeing I had a missing scripts, I noticed that 80% of the class had missing scripts also. And the lecturer is requesting that we all make Payments of ₦7000 before we have our original results uploaded and assigned to us , and failure to do so will result in us having carryovers

And the whole class is just keeping mute on this matter fearing the lecturer and not wanting to say anything, please I know that we can get our voices heard,this is not right

Attached below is the results he uploaded
That person way get 93(A) and that person that got 19(F) did they had the same lectures and exam?
Re: Please Is This What Happens In The University?(photos) by Whoknow: 2:59pm On May 20, 2023
confessionsad:
Good day everyone

I'm currently a 400 level student of Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Computer Engineering, and we're currently facing a big issue, which the management of the school wants to keep hidden.

Here's what's happening,We wrote a practical on Feg293 when we were in 300 level First semester and I all submitted my practical manuals and made sure to attend the Classes the lecturer did have with us. So I'm currently in 400 level 1st semester and our Results for the course was released,and to my very surprise I had missing scripts

Upon seeing I had a missing scripts, I noticed that 80% of the class had missing scripts also. And the lecturer is requesting that we all make Payments of ₦7000 before we have our original results uploaded and assigned to us , and failure to do so will result in us having carryovers

And the whole class is just keeping mute on this matter fearing the lecturer and not wanting to say anything, please I know that we can get our voices heard,this is not right

This happened to me while I was in final year in Federal Polytechnic AUCHI. But mine was during project whereby my project supervisor wanted to use me and complete his PHD theses. My story, during project seminar we were asked to choose project topic, unfortunatly for me I was assigned to one of our Lecturer, I had project topic in mind so I told he what I would work on. Then he objected saying he most choose a topic for me that anything less than that I most have carry over. Then I pleaded with him to allow me work on my own topic since it's my field and I am good at it, my supervisor refused, eventually he gave me a topic, I told him that this topic was higher to my level, he said I most work with it or else gave it carry over. The day I present the topic during our project seminar all the Lecturers kicked against it including my HOD saying it's too high to my level that the topic was for PHD level. They told my supervisor to allow me change the topic but he refused, because he has some level in the Department. All he could tell me was that I should not worry he will assist me. So I proceeded with the topic. what was the topic, you will ask me. TOPIC ( THE ASSESSMENT OF CLIMATE CHANGE ON CROP WATER REQUIREMENT OF CASSAVA FROM 1960 TO 2020. As the past case sturdy, And CROP WATER REQUIREMENTS OF CASSAVA FROM 2020 TO 2050). In this project I have to determine the amount of rainfalls from 1960 to 2020, as the past case sturdy, using the past to forecast the amount of rainfalls in the future from 2020 to 2050. I did chapter one, two and three, now it got to the main issue, I have to go and extract data for my project, then I met with my supervisor then he directed me to the Local Government Metrological Station and got there only for them to tell me that they don't have such data, then I returned back to my supervisor. I told him my challenges all he could tell me was that it's my project I should do something about it. Then I started asking questions where I could get such datas eventually I was directed to go to NIMET Airport Metrological State in Benin that it's only place I can get such data, so I when to the airport Metrological station, there I was told that they only have the past datas that if I have to extract them it will cost me big amount of money, I asked them how much they said up to five hundred thousand Naira so I pleaded with them so they
said because I am a student they can only release to me for two hundred and fifty thousand. So to cut the story short I could not continue with the project. I came back and reported him to SERVICOM. It was for my intervention that the man did not lost his job. Finally my HOD assigned me a new supervisor who was friendly and worked with my intended topic eventually I got an A. I must confess the battle was really tough, it was God that helped me, through some more higher lecturers that I know, if not the man would have frustrated me. So sometimes it's good to speak up but don't do it when you don't have some backings. God first.

1 Like

Re: Please Is This What Happens In The University?(photos) by Passionnn: 3:17pm On May 20, 2023
confessionsad:
Good day everyone

I'm currently a 400 level student of Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Computer Engineering, and we're currently facing a big issue, which the management of the school wants to keep hidden. .

ESUTH lecturers are the worst in Nigeria.

ESUTH lecturers are the worst in Nigeria.
My younger brother schooled there. He said it's money for grade policy they openly operate there....
Re: Please Is This What Happens In The University?(photos) by TheSuperX(m): 4:00pm On May 20, 2023
I will advice you to pay, remember that you are in lawless Nigeria not abroad.
Re: Please Is This What Happens In The University?(photos) by sageb: 4:42pm On May 20, 2023
confessionsad:
Good day everyone
Please the admins should take this to the front page please

Imagine
Which way Nigeria?
Re: Please Is This What Happens In The University?(photos) by ogkrakkid(m): 9:09am On May 21, 2023
Goalnaldo:
abi the woman dey eye you ni
I just tire for her.
Re: Please Is This What Happens In The University?(photos) by ogkrakkid(m): 9:11am On May 21, 2023
Ohraykon:
that yeye dept with their old winch coven-looking lab grin dem never still stop their madness imagine!!!
Lol.
Dem no fit change.
Mine was way back 2010.
Very crazy dept.
Witch coven😉😂

1 Like

Re: Please Is This What Happens In The University?(photos) by Desolaa1(f): 9:18am On Jan 16
I’m a student of university of Lagos A fresher 100l Faculty of Education Human Kinetics during my registration stuffs after Physical screening my phone got stolen and I couldn’t get information and the school closed for the year not until January I found out that the course registration has closed what can I do please
Will it affect my result
What can I do please help with advice 🥺😢

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Riot In Delta State Polytechnic Ozoro, Over The Increase Of School Fees. / See What An Examination Hall In Pakistan Reportedly Looks Like / Changed my post title so you won't know why I became #1 trending

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.