Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya (1845 Views)

Tunde Ayeni Retrieves Office Gifted To Female Lawyer,Adaobi Over Paternity Issue / Do You Consider Marriage & Children As Achievements? / Female Lawyer Cries Out After Husband Chased Her With Cutlass (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by Adranidoo(m): 9:00pm On May 19, 2023
Controversial Nigerian lawyer and social media influencer, Ifunanya Excel has said she doesn’t want to get married or have children because it would “tie” her down.

She stated this in a recent interview with Yangi Media.

She said, “I am very ambitious. And I know marriage and children will tie me down. I grew up in a certain kind of home where me and my siblings experienced a lot of emotional neglect from our parents. And because of that, I have grown to know what is expected of me as a parent. I know that if I’m going to have a child, I have to give my child a 100 per cent dedication.

"And looking at my life and my goals and the things I want to achieve, I know that I won’t be able to adequately be a present parent and also be chasing my dreams. So, I just think it’s best not to have any.”

Ifunanya said people always tell her that with time her mindset would change but she does not think it will.

She added that everyday she sees reasons why her mindset on marriage and children will never change.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by Jeon(f): 9:03pm On May 19, 2023
How to spot a Nigerian with no iq :
"Why you never marry? "
"ur mates don marry born children".
As if marriage nah achievement 😒😒.

My Dear, I supported you. How wish you did the "I do" your ambitions will surely cut. Most especially when the Devil dash you a Man suffering from inferior syndrome.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by Kobojunkie: 9:11pm On May 19, 2023
Adranidoo:
■ She said, “I am very ambitious. And I know marriage and children will tie me down. I grew up in a certain kind of home where me and my siblings experienced a lot of emotional neglect from our parents. And because of that, I have grown to know what is expected of me as a parent. I know that if I’m going to have a child, I have to give my child a 100 per cent dedication. "And looking at my life and my goals and the things I want to achieve, I know that I won’t be able to adequately be a present parent and also be chasing my dreams. So, I just think it’s best not to have any.”
Ifunanya said people always tell her that with time her mindset would change but she does not think it will. She added that everyday she sees reasons why her mindset on marriage and children will never change.
Kudos to her for making such a wise decision! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by ahnie: 9:11pm On May 19, 2023
To be honest,kids are distraction.

If not that I need them when my bones are weak, honestly I wouldn't have bothered myself.

Their wahala is out of this world,

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by socialmediaman: 9:12pm On May 19, 2023
Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by Nobody: 9:16pm On May 19, 2023
Whatever works for her.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by inforesource: 9:20pm On May 19, 2023
The Beautiful thing about life is that you have your own choices to make and its consequences. Remember the word consequences here represent both good and bad. In all, time is our friend. Enjoy!!!

9 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by Berrityga: 9:25pm On May 19, 2023
So its official Now that you have chosen holoshoism as a live time choice. Nice one.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by Mmirinma: 9:34pm On May 19, 2023
Good decision, is it a tad selfish? yes it is, but then considering you think your parents did a poor job at giving you the attention you deserved we wouldn't want to bring another entitled selfish brat like you into the world now do we?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by Thecan(m): 9:35pm On May 19, 2023
Berrityga:
So its official Now that you have chosen holoshoism as a live time choice. Nice one.
U gat no chills man cool
Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by Kobojunkie: 9:39pm On May 19, 2023
Mmirinma:
■ Good decision, is it a tad selfish? yes it is, but then considering you think your parents did a poor job at giving you the attention you deserved we wouldn't want to bring another entitled selfish brat like you into the world now do we?
Explain the selfishness of it to me abeg! undecided
Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by greenermodels: 10:30pm On May 19, 2023
Expect Nairaland to make stupid people selfish, what special talent does this lady have to warrant her been in the news? An Igbo says that 'Akwuna ga ebe akwa Nwa na una nka'. She would cry over her folly at old age.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by Lyrics269: 10:49pm On May 19, 2023
I can see feminist on her forehead
Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by ghettochild(m): 11:18pm On May 19, 2023
As long as her womb is intact..
She's just bluffing
Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by finallybusy: 11:20pm On May 19, 2023
She’s twenty-two years old and educated. Nothing concern her with pikin for now. Wait till she turns thirty-one first.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by GreatAchiever1: 11:26pm On May 19, 2023
Congratulations, you've just been successfully deceived by feminism.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 19, 2023
Congrats.

I fully support you on this one.

Too much population is a Menace.

Too much population with no productivity like the case of Nigeria's Situation is nuisance and an Atomic Bomb waiting to explode.

More reasonable people are needed to join this Train.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by Mmirinma: 12:14am On May 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Explain the selfishness of it to me abeg! undecided
Refusing to have kids because of career [b]in my opinion [b] is selfish. Imagine everyone decides not to have kids, humans will be endangered or even extinct in the near future.
Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by sisisioge: 12:28am On May 20, 2023
Hmmmm....parents have no idea how their treatment of their kids help form their beliefs in the future. Simple things like hugging children, helping with their home work, actually having talks with them, allowing them to be children, raising them without domestic violence/emotional abuse, etc help them decide their future.

I kuku read about a babe that wont be having kids too because her parents practically left the raising of her younger siblings to her. She was traumatized at the amount of work it took to do so. It is well jare. I am no longer critical of those who dont want to follow the societal norms as me sef don open eyes. It is better to live the life that you love and love the life that you live biko....life is too friggin short cool

5 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by Tayorshd87: 1:33am On May 20, 2023
Na small piking dey worry am her brain never mature and don't understand the meaning of having a family or children ..

because her old age will be vexed with wipping 😭
Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by Kobojunkie: 1:59am On May 20, 2023
Mmirinma:
■ Refusing to have kids because of career [b]in my opinion [b] is selfish. Imagine everyone decides not to have kids, humans will be endangered or even extinct in the near future.
Do You think everyone must reproduce or something? I mean up to this point in time only about 50% of people procreate and they certainly do not do it for the good of humanity but for their personal longings. We see this in the fact that a good portion of the children born are not properly cared for with many of them eventually abandoned by those who have them. If everyone thought as you did and decided to reproduce, do you realize the devastation that would result? We are talking about famine — cannibalism will become the order of the day with people eating even their own children in order to stay alive, drought, crime, and even war multiplied to proportions no one has ever seen and probably never will again after as all of life on earth will be destroyed in the end. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by Houseofglam7(f): 2:29am On May 20, 2023
Her business undecided
Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by Thecan(m): 2:58am On May 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Do You think everyone must reproduce or something? I mean up to this point in time only about 50% of people procreate and they certainly do not do it for the good of humanity but for their personal longings. We see this in the fact that a good portion of the children born are not properly cared for with many of them eventually abandoned by those who have them. If everyone thought as you did and decided to reproduce, do you realize the devastation that would result? We are talking about famine — cannibalism will become the order of the day with people eating even their own children in order to stay alive, drought, crime, and even war multiplied to proportions no one has ever seen and probably never will again after as all of life on earth will be destroyed in the end. undecided
I support her 100%
A nice way of reducing population

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by Mindlog: 3:18am On May 20, 2023
Tayorshd87:
Na small piking dey worry am her brain never mature and don't understand the meaning of having a family or children ..

because her old age will be vexed with wipping 😭

Not everyone will be married nor have children....many who intentionally decided to be child-free are also aware old age.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by Hathor5(f): 7:12am On May 20, 2023
Mmirinma:
Refusing to have kids because of career [b]in my opinion [b] is selfish. Imagine everyone decides not to have kids, humans will be endangered or even extinct in the near future.

So what if humanity went extinct?
Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by PARADIZEPRIEST: 7:47am On May 20, 2023
You hot looks is making you feel over the moon now. undecided
You FCK politicians and all sorts of money bag criminals,But at your 50years when lonely will kick in, angry
no child to call you mama,or mommy like you called your mum. sad
Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by Tayorshd87: 9:03am On May 20, 2023
Mindlog:

Not everyone will be married nor have children....many who intentionally decided to be child-free are also aware old age.

It's well my brother ...

We all have different perspectives of life
Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by frozen70(f): 9:18am On May 20, 2023
Adranidoo:
Controversial Nigerian lawyer and social media influencer, Ifunanya Excel has said she doesn’t want to get married or have children because it would “tie” her down.

She said, “I am very ambitious. And I know marriage and children will tie me down. I grew up in a certain kind of home where me and my siblings experienced a lot of emotional neglect from our parents. And because of that, I have grown to know what is expected of me as a parent. I know that if I’m going to have a child, I have to give my child a 100 per cent dedication.

"And looking at my life and my goals and the things I want to achieve, I know that I won’t be able to adequately be a present parent and also be chasing my dreams. So, I just think it’s best not to have any.”

Ifunanya said people always tell her that with time her mindset would change but she does not think it will.

She added that everyday she sees reasons why her mindset on marriage and children will never change.

Its her choice and we have to respect that
But when the real time comes, she will beg to have what she doesn't need now
Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by Meteng: 10:02am On May 20, 2023
To knack this girl dey hungry me bad. She go sweet die, plus all the rubbish and crazy things she go like do when kpanshing
Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by BlessedOne259: 10:20am On May 20, 2023
Adranidoo:

Good decision. Based on what she posts on Twitter, I don't think any responsible man will want her to raise kids.
Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by Mindlog: 10:35am On May 20, 2023
BlessedOne259:

Good decision. Based on what she posts on Twitter, I don't think any responsible man will want her to raise kids.

She doesn't need a "responsible man" to become a mother, she can opt for single motherhood via Intrauterine insemination.
Re: Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya by Nobody: 10:44am On May 20, 2023
I can't blame her, I almost made this decision until I decided to leave a society that makes marriage difficult and appalling for a better one.

Vision2024/2025 grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man: How Do You Stop Ex-girlfriend From Aborting Your Baby? / I Am Worried Sick. / Is It Right To Abandon Ur Wife Alone With D Baby After Childbirth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.