Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,593 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN (61694 Views)

"Was It An Inside Job?" - Fani-kayode Demands Investigation Into Airforce Crash / Colonel SB onifade, A Nigerian Army Colonel Kidnapped by Bandits / Sowore: Body Of SANs Knocks Nigerian Government, Demands Investigation Into Cour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:03am On May 20, 2023
He did well reporting it,but why make it public? is For his safety sad
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:08am On May 20, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
He did well reporting it,but why make it public? is For his safety sad
THERE is TOO MUCH MONEY IN THIS COUNTRY unaccounted for, YET THEY USE PRPAGANDA TO MAKE CITIZENS BELIEVE NAIJA IS BROKE. Is all lies naija is still rich if we recover lots from present and past gov ppl.E.g
IF NA NASS PSN,HE OR SHE WILL NEVA DISCLOSE THE MONEY TILL HE use diplomatic route to SMUGGLE the money OUT FROM NIGERIA TO DUBAI. angry
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by Bluntemperor: 6:11am On May 20, 2023
QRwise:
Imagine

This Col should be honoured,as being honest!
He deserves a national award.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by coputa(m): 6:11am On May 20, 2023
Immediately a Nigerian gets a job expecially in public institutions,the next line of action is to plan to perpetuate fraud either individually or collectively, it's a national pledge.

Those in the private sector are not left out, they are even worse.Many private establishments have gone bankrupt due to this wicked act.

Nigerians deserve bad leaders, Nigerians have the same mindset and values.

The central bank is a haven of crooks.
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:12am On May 20, 2023
Bluntemperor:

This Col should be honoured,as being honest!
He deserves a national award.
YES,THE COLONEL IS THE LEADER NIGERIA SERIOUSLY NEEDS NOWNOW!
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by Encyclopedia1: 6:35am On May 20, 2023
UNA DE PLAY FOR HERE OOO. PRAY THAT THE NEXT GOVERNMENT WILL BE INSTALLED IN PEACE. WHAT IF HE ISNT THE ONLY ARMY SENT AUCH AMOUNT OF MONEY? NOW YOU CAN IMAGINE WHAT WILL HAPPEN SOON.
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by Hotwest: 6:52am On May 20, 2023
Who go transfer to me like this even if it's just 2million
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by Bigkoko: 6:53am On May 20, 2023
Nigeria still have gallant officers & men of honor...... Definietely not one of the agberos & drug peddler ogkling to rule by force!

Islie:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2023/05/19/nigerian-army-colonel-demands-investigation-after-n270m-payment-from-cbn/%3famp=1
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by Vatod(m): 6:53am On May 20, 2023
leisuretym:
Could it be that Emefiele is funding a military coup? Emefiele need to start talking right now
Not necessarily Emefiele but I believe something is cooking
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by silvoclaira: 7:00am On May 20, 2023
HRMK:
careless and reckless talk gets you into very serious trouble!and you could hardly afford three squre meals not to talk of #sanlawyers!!

My meals are more than just squares!

HRMK:
HABA,TO THINK OF SPENDING 20K ON TWO LIVE CHICKEN IS UNBELIEVABLE!PLS AM I BN CHEATED?WHAT DOES A LIVE CHICKEN COST AT YOUR LOCATION?HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Christmas is coming again!

Go on, continue to hustle to be able to afford food on your table and stop staking in matters that are not of your concern. Leave the legal aspect to me!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by olakan22: 7:07am On May 20, 2023
Sharp guy, they would have accused him of fraud if he didn't lodge the complain
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by mukthar2000(m): 7:13am On May 20, 2023
The quickly cry out to clear himself b4 Nuhu Ribadu we resumed office with JAGABAN, to avoid what happened to Tafa balogun during Baba iyabo tenure.😁

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by obotematics: 7:23am On May 20, 2023
Last minute movement
But Bros you for just bounce now with the bar....joking oh
So patriotic,bravo
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by vikstandon(m): 7:36am On May 20, 2023
Oluromantic:
This is not just about patriotism. The guy is trying to secure his job and name by speaking out before he is caught for what he doesn't understand. What will be levied against him is ....a civil servant should not have this sum of money in his account
....when you received it and it was strange to you, why didn't you report it.. bla bla

He's able to foresee and he's taking actions against impending trouble. I know there will be some nigerians reading this and saying ...what an idiot, why will he report it? Why can't he just resign and run with it. Truth is he will be arrested later.

However, i hope he won't be assassinated for this report because it's likely that some of these bosses he reported to know about it

My fear! The military is hail bunch of corruption.

God save the Colonel.
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by Mayeldah(m): 7:39am On May 20, 2023
This escalation is not necessary, if cbn wan loot that money they won't pay it into an unknown account

there are many ways these guys can move fund if they want to mask the trace and steal

this was obviously a mistake i must say, the soldier just want to smear the name of the CBN governor, APC and Tinubu at work!

They should just leave Emefiele alone, all that happened with the naira re-design was Buhari's handi-work and Buhari made it known to everyone that he authorised it. Why are they trying by all means to implicate Emefiele?

Thousands of people have been killed by bandits without the army responding or smoking out the terrorists, none of this northerners are calling out the COAS for imcompetence, if the dude was a southerner they will be shouting all over that someone is working against the North.

Hypocrites who cuts their nose to spite their face
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by samz77: 7:49am On May 20, 2023
FOREX! FOREX!! FOREX!!! Learn the art of forex trading. If you are a novice when it comes to forex trading, you can begin forex from the materials I will be sending to you. These courses which are self explanatory will brush you up from kindergarten to graduate level.This course explain how you can trade forex manually and with the use of artificial intelligence. You can't find these courses anywhere because it breaks how forex is being traded to profitability. Unlike some courses that when you read you it . You can't just comprehend. This courses goes for just the amount you use in buying slice bread at the market.You need to secure your future and that of your coming generation. Get in touch with me on this watshapp 08134351329 or Gmail address: alatolait@gmail.com . Or you make payment of just #1500 to ecobank acct: 3161174486. Once payment is confirmed immediately I will forward it.
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:50am On May 20, 2023
G-boys be like.. WTF
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by yusluvad(m): 8:06am On May 20, 2023
This man deserves some accolades...
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by Machinegun91(m): 8:12am On May 20, 2023
I will quickly report to UN
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by thisisit: 8:12am On May 20, 2023
SILENCE!!....DO NOT DISTURB!!!!

OPERATION PYTHON CASHING-OUT IN PROGRESS!!! grin
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by SAMUEL1947: 8:23am On May 20, 2023
They have ruined this country
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by Reference(m): 8:46am On May 20, 2023
Islie:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2023/05/19/nigerian-army-colonel-demands-investigation-after-n270m-payment-from-cbn/%3famp=1

This is exactly what we are saying, structure.
How on earth can this happen, except in a banana republic.
How on earth can the CBN credit the account of an individual. How come.

It simply shows the subterfuge going on in the corridors of government. The systematic bypass of institutions one should only witness in a totalitarian regimes like military rule.

Why should the CBN seek or have the account details of any one individual on its payment schedule when it's role is strictly to bank banks and government agencies alone.

Even its own wages and expenses should not be handled this way.

They will say a governor has embezzled 50billion and you begin to wonder what kind of system permits such humongous amounts pass by his fishing rod and reel.
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by fawaz050(m): 8:49am On May 20, 2023
thatigboman:
read me post again. I say CBN does not own any payment system, CBN only regulates payment systems.
Remita is a payment system owned by a private entity.
There was a day Road safety stopped me and asked for my drivers licence in abuja, I gave them. They say it's fake. That it's VIO that gave it to me. They took me to the their office at federal secretariat, booked me 2k fine and pointed zenith bank their to me and asked me to go their and pay the fine their through remita. I went there, they showed me the pasted procedure to pay, which I did. And went back to Road Safety, they gave me my car back and told me to vote the following day to obtain Road safety issued drivers licence, which I did. Where did CBN come in there?
Remita is the payment system used to federal civil servants.
CBN is a corporate organisation that can use remita to pay it's customers. Though I don't know about that. Just that it's possible. But from what I have read on Internet, remita is a private organisation and is not owned by CBN, that is my argument

But the fact still rremains that CBN is able to make remittances to individual accounts. Which is the case in this topic.
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by Reference(m): 8:57am On May 20, 2023
fawaz050:

But the fact still rremains that CBN is able to make remittances to individual accounts. Which is the case in this topic.

Exactly. Where else in the world does this aberration happen. This is the stuff of Idi Amin"s Uganda. It is shocking to say the least and proves once again that the citizens of this country are seriously in deficit as concerning the way this country is run.... and unfortunately run aground.
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by MrBroke(m): 9:44am On May 20, 2023
People who money can't control to the do the wrong things are the strong ones. A good soilder. Money i don't deserve i don't get.
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by leisuretym: 10:09am On May 20, 2023
Vatod:

Not necessarily Emefiele but I believe something is cooking

Yes, May be he was to settle some top military men and mistakenly included this one among them, hence the noise because he had to idea of the happenings

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by IbileIfe: 10:15am On May 20, 2023
Please, Almighty God give me such divine favours to receive unsolicited money in my GTBANK current account 0016426297 today. And I testify on Nairaland.
AMEN.
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by Bobxin: 10:35am On May 20, 2023
No point commending him, there's no way he would make away with that.
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by Elidrisy20: 11:23am On May 20, 2023
God don water,sugar and milk your garri officer
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by hansomb: 11:53am On May 20, 2023
That's more than a quarter Trillion naira. It's a good thing the officer quickly alerted the public even if there's something shaddy. This will give him the confidence, honesty, trust in case of any further investigation.
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by justmondris: 3:26pm On May 20, 2023
They want to set him up by using his account to collect stolen money. They wanted to approach him latter to refund the money in cash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Economist Newspaper Lambasts Buhari / Deji Adeyanju Flown Abroad For Treatment After Brutal Beating / Soludo's Wife, Nonye's Weight Loss Transformation Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.