Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,535 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. (1963 Views)

A Real Man Of God Should Create Whatsapp Group For Genuinely Born Again Christia / Can I Worship OLOKUN By Myself / Which Church Can I Worship In Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by Rostikol: 2:01am On May 20, 2023
I'm just tired of these imported religions.

My ancestors did not worship any white man as their god or ''saviour''.

SO WHY THE HELL should I be doing it JUST BECAUSE some people overpowered my ancestors with guns and bombs to seize their land, and then forced their foreign gods on us?

There is NO REASON I should be worshiping the god of the people who killed and raped my ancestors, and seized/looted their land for a century.

I beg the ancestors for forgiveness for this terrible error on my part.

No wonder we have so many problems in this land. We're worshiping the gods of the people who slaughtered our ancestors.

Speaking their language too.

Dressing like them!

Bleaching our skins to look like them!

Straightening our hair to look like theirs!

Forming accent to sound like them!

Somebody wake me up from this dystopian nightmare!

NONSENSE.

Please, anyone that can suggest a good benevolent deity from ANY ethnicity, whom one can use as his conduit to Divinity, let me know.

I'm DONE with this shit.

Thanks all. undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:02am On May 20, 2023
You are a FUUUUL. Why asking others?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by EKONGKING: 2:10am On May 20, 2023
The biggest problem with Africans in general and Nigerian in particular are foreign gods.

If u r caught doing a crime,it usually devil or Satan .
If u got rich through illegal means, it usually grace.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by Rostikol: 2:11am On May 20, 2023
Blue3k:
Lol Mynd44 direct this lost individual to the religion section.

YOU ARE LOST.

You don't even know the FIRST thing about this 'jesus' thing you worship.

You're too thick to research the fact that his existence is a complete fabrication.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:12am On May 20, 2023
Rostikol:

You are a far bigger FUUuUUUUUuuUUUL.

Brainwashed zombie.

What is wrong in asking others?
What is the problem is that only a lunatic ask such questions. Did you not see useless African gods in your village when you went to Jesus? Did He force you to come to him? Must you ask others before your identify African gods? If you must ask for help to know which one to worship then it shows how useless they are. tongue tongue

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by Blue3k(m): 2:14am On May 20, 2023
Rostikol:

YOU ARE LOST.

You don't even know the FIRST thing about this 'jesus' thing you worship.

You're too thick to research the fact that his existence is a fabrication.

Lol OK lost man keep begging for your answer. You're clearly thirsty for attention and need guidance in your life. This why you're reduced to asking strangers for help looking for a new imaginary friend to worship. Goodluck hopefully someone can help you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by TakeNigeriaBack: 2:22am On May 20, 2023
Good for you. Islam and Christianity have FAILED us!

What tribe are you? Its best to stick to the gods that originate from your ancestors.

5 Likes

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by Rostikol: 2:28am On May 20, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

What is the problem is that only a lunatic ask such questions. Did you not see useless African gods in your village when you went to Jesus?

I didn't 'go to Jesus'. Neither did you.

'jesus' was drilled into your head when you were a child. Your brain was unable to filter the utter RIDICULOUSNESS of the story.

Because of that brainwashing you suffered as a child, you've grown up a supposedly 'rational' adult who ACTUALLY BELIEVES that a man was ''born of a virgin'', ''changed water to wine'', ''changed 3 fish to 500'', walked atop a sea without sinking, raised a man from the dead, and also rose himself from the dead before flying off into 'heaven' at a dinner table before onlookers, to go and 'sit' beside God in heaven!

HOW CAN A RATIONAL PERSON BELIEVE THIS UTTER GARBAGE?

This fairytale piece of shiit?

It actually sits as 'historical fact' in your head right now! grin

The invaders messed up your head big time.

DO YOU KNOW WHY IT IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO CONVERT AN ADULT TO ANOTHER RELIGION?

Because his adult brain automatically rejects strange nonsense and fables.

THAT IS WHY THEY ALWAYS DRILL THESE FOREIGN RELIGIONS INTO YOU WHEN YOU'RE CHILDREN, EITHER AT SUNDAY SCHOOL FOR CHRISTIANS OR MADRASSAS FOR MUSLIMS.

CATCH THEM WHEN THEIR BRAINS ARE NOT YET DEVELOPED.

WHEN WILL YOU ACTIVATE YOUR ADULT BRAIN?

That is the question you need to ask yourself.

Did He force you to come to him?

Nigerians of the south were FORCED and COERCED through economic blackmail to become christian. To access the wealth seized by the invaders, you had to attend their 'missionary' schools and earn a salary as a clerk or whatever. To enter their schools you had to be baptized, change your name and abandon your religion which was condemned as 'heathen'.

So it was through economic blackmail you became a christian.

Must you ask others before your identify African gods? If you must ask for help to know which one to worship then it shows how useless they are. tongue tongue

But what has your 'useful' 'jesus' ever done for you apart from make half-literate pastors ride private jets?

Your politicians swear on that useless bible and koran, and NOTHING ever happens to them even when they embezzle bilions of dollars.

Do you think they would loot like that if they had to swear with Ofo that they won't steal?

Or swear at the oracle of Ibiniukpabi that they would not steal?

THEY WOULD NEVER DARE.

So your jesus is worse than useless.

E Just dey carry name for nothing.

Same as muhammed.

They are all useless.

7 Likes

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by LikeAking: 2:33am On May 20, 2023
Rostikol:

My ancestors did not worship any white man as their god or ''saviour''?

SO WHY THE HELL should I be doing it JUST BECAUSE some people overpowered my ancestors with guns and bombs to seize their land, and then forced their foreign gods on us?

There is NO REASON I should be worshiping the god of the people who killed and raped my ancestors, and seized/looted their land for a century.

No wonder we have so many problems in this land. We're worshiping the gods of the people who slaughtered out ancestors. Speaking their language too. Dressing like them!

NONSENSE.

Please, anyone that can suggest a good benevolent deity from ANY ethnicity, whom one can use as his conduit to Divinity, let me know.

Thanks all. undecided

Congrats!

You don wake up.

Their is no need worshiping any God.

Just working your attitude, you know the whole act like a king thing..

Learn one confirm hustle, then contribute to humanity..

If you want real spiritual power, then you have to learn the craft...

3 Likes

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by LikeAking: 2:34am On May 20, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
You are a FUUUUL. Why asking others?

Keep quiet.

4 Likes

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by Rostikol: 2:35am On May 20, 2023
LikeAking:

Congrats!

You don wake up.

Their is no need worshiping any God.

Just working your attitude, you know the whole act like a king thing..

Learn one confirm hustle, then contribute to humanity..

If you want real spiritual power, then you have to learn the craft...

Thank you jare my brotha. At last, somebody with common sense don enter.

1 Like

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by ganisucks(f): 2:35am On May 20, 2023
Rostikol:

No wonder we have so many problems in this land. We're worshiping the gods of the people who slaughtered out ancestors. Speaking their language too. Dressing like them!

NONSENSE.

Thanks all. undecided

It's simple. Home is where the heart is.

Also don't go about bashing other people's faith. Just because you find fault with their faiths, doesn't mean everyone should find fault with it.
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by LikeAking: 2:36am On May 20, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

What is the problem is that only a lunatic ask such questions. Did you not see useless African gods in your village when you went to Jesus? Did He force you to come to him? Must you ask others before your identify African gods? If you must ask for help to know which one to worship then it shows how useless they are. tongue tongue

Oga African God's no be joke o. Mind your words..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by Rostikol: 2:41am On May 20, 2023
ganisucks:

It's simple. Home is where the heart is.

Also don't go about bashing other people's faith. Just because you find fault with their faiths, doesn't mean everyone should find fault with it.

Sorry, but christians have been ''bashing African religion'' since the very first day the white invaders stormed here with guns and bombs centuries ago.

Called our religion every evil name under the sun.

So I've absolutely no reason to be ''polite'' about their nasty, fake, so-called religion that powered their murderous rampage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by BlackAdams007: 2:56am On May 20, 2023
To be asking is to be seeking, your still seeking another foreign god, just follow your heart and do what is right if you've already given up.😒
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by Rostikol: 3:01am On May 20, 2023
BlackAdams007:
To be asking is to be seeking, you still seeking another foreign god, just follow your heart and do what is right if you've already given up.😒

I do not consider African gods to be foreign, so I've no idea what you're on about.
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by Rostikol: 3:07am On May 20, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

What tribe are you? Its best to stick to the gods that originate from your ancestors.

Thank you. But can I ask you a question?

Is there an actual spiritual reason why it's best to stick to one's own ethnic deities?

I ask because I am Igbo, but strongly attracted to Ifa.

Are you saying Ifa and the orishas will ignore me because I'm Igbo?

Surely our tribalism and bigotry have not spread to the gods?
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by Nobody: 3:12am On May 20, 2023
😂
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by worldclass68(m): 3:20am On May 20, 2023
Do u have to worship any gods again?
Do religion of humanity...

2 Likes

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by TakeNigeriaBack: 3:22am On May 20, 2023
Rostikol:

Thank you. But can I ask you a question?

Is there an actual spiritual reason why it's best to stick to one's own ethnic deities?

I ask because I am Igbo, but strongly attracted to Ifa.

Are you saying Ifa and the orishas will ignore me because I'm Igbo?

Surely our tribalism and bigotry have not spread to the gods?

To be honest with you, I'm just thinking in terms of language of worship. I don't think Yoruba traditionalist will reject you because you're Ibo. It will just be easier to learn the religion if you understand the language.
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by PoliteActivist: 3:32am On May 20, 2023
Rostikol:

TakeNigeriaBack:

You are being economical with the truth or you are intentionally doing revisionist history. If it were by power or might Rome would have stamped out Christianity, instead they became Christians themselves.
We Africans also resisted the best we can but also ended up becoming Christians. No one ever forced us to become Christians. We gave them our feared forests to build their churches, expecting our gods would destroy them, instead they kept expanding and gave our gods to their children to play with, eventually took our gods to Europe for display in museums!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by Rostikol: 3:33am On May 20, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

To be honest with you, I'm just thinking in terms of language of worship. I don't think Yoruba traditionalist will reject you because you're Ibo. It will just be easier to learn the religion if you understand the language.

Ok cool..... the language issue is not really a big thing for me because I understand some Yoruba. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by Rostikol: 3:38am On May 20, 2023
worldclass68:
Do u have to worship any gods again?
Do religion of humanity...

It's not actually 'worship' in the strict term of the word, when we approach the gods.

They are messengers and helpers of the Supreme Being.

There's actually no African term for 'gods'.

It's a European term.

In Africa they are usually called names like ''the watchers'', ''those who from the sky came down'' etc etc.

They are more like vessels for our needs to reach the ear of higher Divinity.

There is a very strong belief, backed by growing evidence, that these deities actually lived among humans in the very remote past, and helped us civilise ourselves as humans.

The Supreme Being was called by a specific name in each ethnic group.

There's no African equivalent of the word 'God'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by TakeNigeriaBack: 3:39am On May 20, 2023
Rostikol:
Ok cool..... the language issue is not really a big thing for me because I understand some Yoruba. smiley

Then you should be fine. You will actually find some very good videos on youtube to get your started. I admire your courage, because its tough to NOT be Christian or Muslim in Nigeria. The discrimination is real.

1 Like

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by worldclass68(m): 3:40am On May 20, 2023
Rostikol:

It's not actually 'worship' in the strict term of the word, when we approach the gods.

They are messengers and helpers of the Supreme Being.

They are more like vessels for our needs to reach the ear of higher Divinity.

Alright man....I'm a freethinker.
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by TakeNigeriaBack: 3:41am On May 20, 2023
PoliteActivist:
You are being economical with the truth or you are intentionally doing revisionist history. If it were by power or might Rome would have stamped out Christianity, instead they became Christians themselves.
We Africans also resisted the best we can but also ended up becoming Christians. No one ever forced us to become Christians. We gave them our feared forests to build their churches, expecting our gods would destroy them, instead they kept expanding and gave our gods to their children to play, eventually took our gods to Europe for display in museums!

Christianity and Islam are tools of colonialism and slavery. That's the bottom line. You can slice it which ever way you want, if it makes you feel better about your foreign religion.

1 Like

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by jaytimeo: 3:47am On May 20, 2023
Just so you know Olokun the worship of sea goddess is not African it was introduced to Africans by the Portuguese.

Rostikol:

NONSENSE.

Thanks all. undecided

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by IkeIgboNiile(m): 3:57am On May 20, 2023
Welcome back to your sense. I must say attaining self emancipation takes a lot.
Now you must take your time and unlearn all the lies you have been fed all these years.
Learn to seek grow spiritually and not religiously.

In the olden Igbo days, men were not just fathers,husband,provider and protector but they were also the spiritual head of his family. Now western civilization and Christianity has demasculined/deregulated men in their homes.

1 Like

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by Rostikol: 3:59am On May 20, 2023
PoliteActivist:

WHAT NONSENSE.

Christianity was a ROMAN INVENTION.

THEY INVENTED the 'jesus' character using a mishmash of earlier godmen such as Mithra, and the ancient Egyptian son of God, Horus (who became 'jesus'), whose mother was Isis Meri, who became oyinbo 'Mary'.

The whole white Mary cradling white Jesus stuff was a Roman ripoff of the goddess Isis cradling Horus:

THE words, 'orisha', olisa, 'alusi', 'lisa', and other pantheons are actually derived from the ancient African worship of HORUS-AT, to use his full name.

ISIS-MERI CRADLING HORUS-AT (circa 2500 BC)

THAT was the original which the Romans stole and invented their white Jesus stories around.

In fact Horus-At was said to have been called ''the lamb'', performed miracles, rose from the dead, raised the dead etc. Virtually the same story as 'Jesus', 2,500 years later.

The Romans just stole the story - YOUR STORY - and repackaged it as oyinbo history, so now you're worshiping THEM as your saviours BY worshiping their fake white jesus.

They did a real number on you guys. wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by Rostikol: 4:00am On May 20, 2023
jaytimeo:

Just so you know Olokun the worship of sea goddess is not African it was introduced to Africans by the Portuguese.

Ae you sure? I could have sworn that was a traditional Benin deity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Arabic On The New Naira Notes? / Where To Get George Adegboye Tapes / What Is Righteousness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.