Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,347 members, 7,829,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. (2036 Views)

A Real Man Of God Should Create Whatsapp Group For Genuinely Born Again Christia / Can I Worship OLOKUN By Myself / Which Church Can I Worship In Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by PoliteActivist: 10:53am On May 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. So what you are saying is none of what is presented in scripture can be trusted as the true word of God rather we need sources like Google to tell us instead what we are to believe? I guess I would ask if this is what God said --- that interpretations from third parties are needed--- bit since you don't trust any of what is written of Him, I guess that would be futile. undecided

2. So regardless of the fact that it is indicted in Scripture that what we see today is the world awash with the lies of the antichrist, you rather interpret it as direct proof that somehow that decreed by God and confirmed by Jesus Christ in text does not hold any true meaning? I guess it is futile attempting to argue with someone who does not consider the contents of Scripture to be of any real worth. undecided

My friend when direct experience over centuries have overly confirmed something, stop arguing it or you come accross as a real slowpoke. Lord Jesus is an active Spirit that works in people's lives, not words in a book.
He's been working in Gentiles' lives and communities for centuries on end.
Find something better to do with your time. Stop making a fool of yourself arguing nonsense.
Bye bye.

1 Like

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by Kobojunkie: 11:27am On May 21, 2023
PoliteActivist:
■ My friend when direct experience over centuries have overly confirmed something, stop arguing it or you come accross as a real slowpoke. Lord Jesus is an active Spirit that works in people's lives, not words in a book.
■ He's been working in Gentiles' lives and communities for centuries on end.
Find something better to do with your time. Stop making a fool of yourself arguing nonsense.
Bye bye.
1. How can He be your Lord Jesus Christ when your knowledge of Him comes, not directly from Him but from Google and other sources of interpretation? undecided

He is an active spirit that works in people other than in yourself so how can you consider Him your Lord in that case? How can you claim to know Him when it is instead others whom you pay heed to that do? undecided

2. Somehow I find it hard why you waste your time ok a God whom you cannot personally understand or know except through a digest fed you by others. Basically, you literally depend on other men to digest and then feed you their regurgitates as far as Jesus Christ yet you think that means you serve God directly. How? undecided

Anyways, no point. undecided
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by Templee333(m): 11:58am On May 21, 2023
Rostikol:

Ae you sure? I could have sworn that was a traditional Benin deity.
it's much more better to drop religion and deities in their whatever form, that will give you more freedom. If you could do good to every living thing that comes your way and never intentionaly hurt another person, you will simply come to realize that we are all gods and need no external deities. Also, it's good to know that our traditional deities can no longer help us like in the past because we've abandoned our traditions and live a very selfish,dishonest lives. Just my opinion.
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by PoliteActivist: 6:06pm On May 21, 2023
LikeAking:

If you want real spiritual power, then you have to learn the craft...

What craft is that?
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by LikeAking: 6:14pm On May 21, 2023
PoliteActivist:

What craft is that?

Are u not an adult?

Code na..
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by PoliteActivist: 6:16pm On May 21, 2023
Templee333:
it's much more better to drop religion and deities in their whatever form, that will give you more freedom. If you could do good to every living thing that comes your way and never intentionaly hurt another person, you will simply come to realize that we are all gods and need no external deities. Also, LikeAking it's good to know that our traditional deities can no longer help us like in the past because we've abandoned our traditions and live a very selfish,dishonest lives. Just my opinion.

There are people who experience REAL spiritual attacks. They KNOW they are no gods. Either they yield or an opposing higher Spirit frees them - those are the only solutions, NOT psychology or psychiatry or mind games.
Here's the thing, we're all in this world but we all actually live in different worlds. What's not possible in your world may be an everyday occurrence in another person's world.
Speaking of we are gods, what kind of god can't make his own hair or nails stop growing, nor has any control over the workings of his own internal organs?!

1 Like

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by PoliteActivist: 6:19pm On May 21, 2023
LikeAking:

Are u not an adult?

Code na..

What code is spiritual power?
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by TakeNigeriaBack: 9:11pm On May 21, 2023
moski5:
tools have been used wrongly but that's not the point
What Jesus Christ brought isn't a religion
Religion is man made and is a tool
The real thing would blow your mind

Jesus is a foreign god. I refuse to bow down to a foreign god.
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by TakeNigeriaBack: 9:12pm On May 21, 2023
PoliteActivist:

They were the ones being colonized by Christianity, why would they write against themsrlves?

Because they are colonially brainwashed like these foolish Christian below:

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On May 21, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:
■ Jesus is a foreign god. I refuse to bow down to a foreign god.
I happen to agree with you. No full-blooded African should consider bowing down to a foreign deity, particularly not Jesus Christ who said He only came to gather the Lost sheep of Israel — all of whom were scattered by the God of Israel to every tribe, every language, and every Nation of the earth — back to the God of Israel. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by PoliteActivist: 9:37pm On May 21, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

Because they are colonially brainwashed like these foolish Christian below:

The Romans were brainwashed?? I thought they were the ones doing the brainwashing!
BTW that quote supposedly from Ekwueme was proved fake loooong ago
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by TakeNigeriaBack: 11:07pm On May 21, 2023
PoliteActivist:

The Romans were brainwashed?? I thought they were the ones doing the brainwashing!
BTW that quote supposedly from Ekwueme was proved fake loooong ago

I'm talking about the Africans who believe that the European missionaries were good people doing good works. Fake or not, that sentiment is VERY common among Ibos.
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by xproducer: 12:21am On May 22, 2023
Believe in the Lord Yeshua, the CHRIST!

"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day." - John 6:44

"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” - Acts 4:12
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by PoliteActivist: 12:44am On May 22, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

I'm talking about the Africans who believe that the European missionaries were good people doing good works. Fake or not, that sentiment is VERY common among Ibos.

You said Christianity was tool for colonization. You were asked how the early Christians were out to colonize Rome.
And yes, most of early missionaries to Africa were motivated solely by spreading the gospel, and many were killed or died of tropical diseases.
Africans of a certain era saw white folks as superior, understandably
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by Kobojunkie: 5:48am On May 22, 2023
Rostikol:
■ There's nothing to know about him because no evidence shows he existed.
Well, is there evidence thousands of years later that your own gods existed? undecided

Look, no one is keeping you from following your local god, and you have every right to hold on to them. The problem I notice is that many of you who agitate for the following of local gods do so thinking we are all meant to be in the same shoes as they are simply on the grounds that we are of the same skin color or born in the same Africa. We are not all the same though so why not follow your local gods and preach them to those who may be interested in them — nothing wrong with that at all. undecided

As for Jesus Christ, He said that He only came for the Lost sheep of Israel — the people of Israel that were scattered by God to every tribe, every tongue, and every nation on this earth. If you are not of the blood of Jacob, you have nothing to do with Him and even then there is no obligation. This is what is written in Scripture for all to note for over 1000 years now so I don't understand the meaning or reason for this rant. undecided
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by TakeNigeriaBack: 3:00pm On May 22, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You said Christianity was tool for colonization. You were asked how the early Christians were out to colonize Rome.
And yes, most of early missionaries to Africa were motivated solely by spreading the gospel, and many were killed or died of tropical diseases.
Africans of a certain era saw white folks as superior, understandably

The intention of the missionaries is irrelevant. The gospel (Christianity) and Islam are tools of colonialization and oppression till THIS DAY.
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by PoliteActivist: 3:25pm On May 22, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

The intention of the missionaries is irrelevant. The gospel (Christianity) and Islam are tools of colonialization and oppression till THIS DAY.

Please explain, how are the crooked, thieving Nigerian political elite using Christianity to oppress you?
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by TakeNigeriaBack: 3:27pm On May 22, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Please explain, how are the crooked, thieving Nigerian political elite using Christianity to oppress you?

Open your eyes: Nigerians would rather build churches instead of factories. Just recently, the governor of AkwaIbom spent 13 billion naira building a church. Meanwhile, AkwaIbom has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country.
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by PoliteActivist: 4:16pm On May 22, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

Open your eyes: Nigerians would rather build churches instead of factories. Just recently, the governor of AkwaIbom spent 13 billion naira building a church. Meanwhile, AkwaIbom has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country.

What percentage of Nigeria's budget is devoted to building churches?? AkwaIbom own is big news and roundly criticized because it is the first and only time - and it is not so as to use it to oppress anybody!
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by TakeNigeriaBack: 5:09pm On May 22, 2023
PoliteActivist:
What percentage of Nigeria's budget is devoted to building churches?? AkwaIbom own is big news and roundly criticized because it is the first and only time - and it is not so as to use it to oppress anybody!

Nigeria has the highest density of churches on the planet. Meanwhile, China has one of the largest densities of factories on the planet. Guess, which of the two countries is more prosperous?

1 Like

Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by PoliteActivist: 6:58pm On May 22, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:

Nigeria has the highest density of churches on the planet. Meanwhile, China has one of the largest densities of factories on the planet. Guess, which of the two countries is more prosperous?

Point is, no one is using Christianity to oppress anyone in Nigeria. The way our very corrupt politicians siphon off our money has nothing to do with Christianity
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by Kobojunkie: 9:25pm On May 22, 2023
PoliteActivist:
■ Point is, no one is using Christianity to oppress anyone in Nigeria. The way our very corrupt politicians siphon off our money has nothing to do with Christianity
That is not true at all because all religions are tools used by those who wield them to oppress the gullible.
op·press

keep (someone) in subservience and hardship, especially by the unjust exercise of authority.
cause (someone) to feel distressed, anxious, or uncomfortable.
Those lies your so-called religious leaders feed you aren't meant to cause you to live happy and free but rather that force you into a state of anxiety, subservience even, always ready to obey them. undecided

Now of course, most systems of men are also wielded as tools of oppression depending on whom you speak to but yeah, religion is one of them. undecided
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by TakeNigeriaBack: 10:19pm On May 22, 2023
PoliteActivist:
Point is, no one is using Christianity to oppress anyone in Nigeria. The way our very corrupt politicians siphon off our money has nothing to do with Christianity

Its obvious to intelligent people. Its hard for brainwashed Christians to see.
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by Quintopia: 1:55am On Jun 15, 2023
PoliteActivist:

It has a LOT to do with christiniaty and islam as the case may be.

These religions do not punish wrongdoing.

Instead they preach 'forgiveness'.

So you can loot 2 billion dollars and attend church the next day to 'give thanks' to 'Jesus', or ask for forgiveness, while ''accepting Jesus as your personal saviour and lord'', or whatever rubbish they say.

In African religion, there's no forgiveness.

You cannot be two-faced.

You cannot steal and then beg the gods for forgiveness after you've sworn on their altar not to steal.

They will finish you.

To swear-in our leaders, we need to do traditional swearing-in.

Not swearing-in with imported bible and koran.

Trust me, corruption will end the minute we start doing that.

FELA SAID IT. Until Africans return to their traditions and become AFRICANS again, Africa is going nowhere.
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by PoliteActivist: 2:14am On Jun 15, 2023
Quintopia:

It has a LOT to do with christiniaty and islam as the case may be.

These religions do not punish wrongdoing.

Instead they preach 'forgiveness'.

So you can loot 2 billion dollars and attend church the next day to 'give thanks' to 'Jesus', or ask for forgiveness, while ''accepting Jesus as your personal saviour and lord'', or whatever rubbish they say.

In African religion, there's no forgiveness.

You cannot be two-faced.

You cannot steal and then beg the gods for forgiveness after you've sworn on their altar not to steal.

They will finish you.

To swear-in our leaders, we need to do traditional swearing-in.

Not swearing-in with imported bible and koran.

Trust me, corruption will end the minute we start doing that.

FELA SAID IT. Until Africans return to their traditions and become AFRICANS again, Africa is going nowhere.

How soon we forget. Didn't this same Christianity you so deride PROVE that our gods are powerless?? Have you forgotten? We gave them our gods' forests to worship in thinking our gods will kill them off. Instead they thrived and bundled our gods like firewood and took them for display in museums in Europe. They did warn us our gods were powerless.

No my friend, we already been there, done that and it didn't work!
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by Sonofthemoon(m): 5:59am On Jun 15, 2023
OLOKUN is the way
Very effective and beneficial
It doesn't matter your tribe
Speaking from experience
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:09am On Jun 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
This is the result of misconception!

Jesus never asked anyone to worship him and African gods never asked anyone to worship them too people choose to worship whatever they feel could change their condition for the better.
So the ball is in your court! smiley
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by orisa37: 2:57pm On Jun 15, 2023
YOU WANT SOMETHING YOU CAN UNDERSTAND.
WORSHIP NIGERIA OR ODU-DU-IWA RUTHLESSLY AND RIGHTEOUSLY.
Re: What AFRICAN God Should I Worship, Please? I'm Tired Of Jesus. by Kobojunkie: 3:01pm On Jun 15, 2023
Sonofthemoon:
OLOKUN is the way
Very effective and beneficial
It doesn't matter your tribe
Speaking from experience
Olokin is the way to what? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Disagreement With Jehovah's Witnesses / See What Happened To Egbin Orun Some Years After Converted To Christianity / Indominoodles Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.