Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

If You Scanned A Car, Will All The Faults Be Detected In The Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / If You Scanned A Car, Will All The Faults Be Detected In The Car? (598 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. / Production Version Of Mercedes-AMG Project ONE Concept Car Will Be Called "ONE" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Scanned A Car, Will All The Faults Be Detected In The Car? by dsgrart: 12:01pm On May 20, 2023
My rewire said he’ll have to scan my car so as to detect the whole issues, is that true? Somebody help!!!
Re: If You Scanned A Car, Will All The Faults Be Detected In The Car? by Twob: 12:19pm On May 20, 2023
dsgrart:
My rewire said he’ll have to scan my car so as to detect the whole issues, is that true? Somebody help!!!

Scanning vehicle with appropriate scanner is to pull out Diagnostic troubling codes ((DTCs). These codes will give the direction to automotive technicians as to where the problem(s) reside. The DTCs may be specific to a particular sensor or electromechanical component which must be identified, tested for functionality (electrical & mechanical service manual from the manufacturer) or be related to two more components which can also be accurately troubleshooted using electrical and mechanical drawings from the manufacturer.

Also, life data from the scanner tool must be check for all available system components and compare with the standard values in the manufacturer's specifications to know which sensors or electromechanical parts that is bad or not before changing any expensive parts. And lastly, the person using scanner must be able to interpret if not all, atleast the relevant data information.

1 Like

Re: If You Scanned A Car, Will All The Faults Be Detected In The Car? by Twob: 12:21pm On May 20, 2023
And moreover, what is the issue with the car? What are the symptoms noticed?
Re: If You Scanned A Car, Will All The Faults Be Detected In The Car? by dsgrart: 2:15pm On May 20, 2023
Twob:

Scanning vehicle with appropriate scanner is to pull out Diagnostic troubling codes ((DTCs). These codes will give the direction to automotive technicians as to where the problem(s) reside. The DTCs may be specific to a particular sensor or electromechanical component which must be identified, tested for functionality (electrical & mechanical service manual from the manufacturer) or be related to two more components which can also be accurately troubleshooted using electrical and mechanical drawings from the manufacturer.

Also, life data from the scanner tool must be check for all available system components and compare with the standard values in the manufacturer's specifications to know which sensors or electromechanical parts that is bad or not before changing any expensive parts. And lastly, the person using scanner must be able to interpret if not all, atleast the relevant data information.

Thank you so much for your response. I’m so grateful
Re: If You Scanned A Car, Will All The Faults Be Detected In The Car? by dsgrart: 2:16pm On May 20, 2023
Twob:
And moreover, what is the issue with the car? What are the symptoms noticed?

I would love to send you a voice note or voice call. Kindly share your number to reach you please
Re: If You Scanned A Car, Will All The Faults Be Detected In The Car? by baconline(m): 12:25pm On May 21, 2023
Some times u need live data to get some faults, not all faults are captured by DTCs, also a faulty Ecu will throw u completely off point by not detecting the fault or giving u a false alarm where there is none

(1) (Reply)

2024 Mercedes-benz E-class: Prices, Reviews, And Pictures / Car And Light Signals / How Do You Think The Radio?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.