Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,578 members, 7,837,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

How Do I Reconnect With Nigeria? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do I Reconnect With Nigeria? (1499 Views)

My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers / Reconnect With Old Friends Via This Thread. / Online Shopping With Nigeria Naira Or Dollar Credit Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Reconnect With Nigeria? by eniola(f): 6:30am On Mar 03, 2006
I discovered this site because I was "googling" a family member. I currently live in the states and have been here for about 14 years. I have not been back to Lagos since I flew over, not for lack of desire, but because I had zero funds. I barely remember any of my friends from school (All hail FGGC Bwari!) and I have more fingers on my right hand than I have close Nigerian friends.

I don't speak my native language fluently any more because I have not had anyone to speak to in eons. Now that I have a few Nigerian friends, I'm working on my lingual skills, but OH MY WORD, it is hard! angry It's embarrassing quite frankly. I don't particularly like to be laughed at.

I want my my children to know who I am and where I come from, but at this point, I'm at a loss at where to start. I've read a number of posts and it appears that everyone seems to be well-connected. But there has to be one person who's going through what I'm going through, or has been through what I'm going through.

Any good-spirited pointers to show me the way?
Re: How Do I Reconnect With Nigeria? by nightrider: 4:49pm On Mar 03, 2006
Although i'm not in your predicament, i have a cousin who is, so i feel you. But Nairaland is a good place to at least first know whats going on in the country and re familiarize yourself with the terms and lifestyles of Nigerians. There are also alumni sites like Nigeria-friends. com and you can find many of your old friends from school. All you got to do is register and say what school you went to and you'll find old friends that are also registered.

Then hook them up by searching their email addresses on HI-5, before you know it you 'll see loads of your old friends on the network. Thats my advice, maybe someoneelse can also help you out.
Re: How Do I Reconnect With Nigeria? by yaba(m): 11:14am On Mar 07, 2006
please come home and stay with your people, lets develop and improve Nigeria together.
Re: How Do I Reconnect With Nigeria? by Seun(m): 12:02pm On Mar 07, 2006
If you are coming to Nigeria, make sure you bring capital for building power plants!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconnect With Nigeria? by nightrider: 7:08pm On Mar 07, 2006
Don't listen to them oooooo! stay where you are and enjoy your life.
Re: How Do I Reconnect With Nigeria? by burteeone(m): 8:44pm On Mar 07, 2006
Eniola! Please don't be discauraged, are there no white men/women working in Nigeria as at now? Pls if you wish to come lto Nigeria make sure you build a nice mansion and you can be a great person amongs your poeple. Come back home, those that are here are the hero. No long at ease atleast if you don't want to permanent stay in Nigeria don't forget where you are grown up. There are many peoples you can help, God made you whom you are and you need to care for someone. Your present are happiness to somebody. Remember Stella died and leave all, when are we not going 2 die. forget about the story that rampant in the papers, here are good to those who are good.

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Treasure Hunt Promo Scam / Sisi_kill Emerges The Health Section Poster Of The Year - 2010 / 2011 A Year Of Uncommon Happenings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.