Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,525 members, 7,954,983 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:37 PM

The Truth And Lies Of The Churches - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth And Lies Of The Churches (2855 Views)

Oro Worshippers & Truth And Spirit Prophetic Church Clash In Lagos, One Dead / Which Of The Churches Today Is Following Jesus Christ's Teachings? / Don't Be Deceived, These Are The Churches You Shouldn't Be Attending. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by johnw47: 12:28am On May 24, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The same reason i believe it's just two persons using multiple accounts!
Whenever anyone ask a thought provoking question about faith in God or churches if it's a professed atheist they will start insulting or cursing the atheist instead of handling matters maturely like a knowledgeable Bible student will do but if it's a Churchgoer like them who hasn't professed Atheism they have nothing to say regarding setting matters straight so they will ignore such a thread, once a JW comes in to discuss with the OP they will rush in not to make a meaningful contribution but to attack the JW who has come to discuss with the OP.
Check all threads where the OP ask questions regarding the churches you won't see them come to respond until a JW takes it up that's when they will all rush in just as they're doing right now.
That's why i ignored them all if any of them has questions to ask regarding my faith i have opened threads telling them to study the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses, i won't respond to their distractive posts here that has nothing to gain! wink

Job_15:12  Why doth thine heart carry thee away? and what do thy eyes wink at

lost false jw mad max

u forever paranoid, forever the liar, and being the blasphemer forever lost:

rev 21:8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone; which is the second death.

Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, that is his natural way of speaking, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Mat 12:31 Therefore I say unto you, Every sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men; but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven.
Mat 12:32  And whoever may speak a word against the Son of Man it will be forgiven to him, but whoever may speak against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, neither in this age, nor in that which is coming.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by PeterObi4Presid: 10:34am On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The religion of Christianity and its church businesses have absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ of the Kingdom of God. Jesus Christ never gave any man permission to congregate churches using His name in the manner of your churches, nor did He give any man permission to sit as teachers/shepherds/authority/leader/head/master, etc. over his sheep. In addition, Jesus Christ made clear that the doctrines and traditions of men upon which your churches are founded are lies that drive men away from the Truth of God, nullifying the power of God while rendering the worship of God in vain. undecided

2. The kingdom of God which Jesus Christ spoke of is not found in your churches. Rather He also described it as being inside of, and all around those who are born-again — those who have gained citizenship in it. And as Jesus Christ explained by way of the parable, while his invitation is to all sinners to enter into the Kingdom of God, not all those sinners who become born-again will turn out wheat(sheep), some of them are tares(goats) who will do the will of the enemy while using the name of God to do it. This is the only Church that matters as far as Jesus Christ. All other definitions or ideas of churches have nothing to do with God nor mean anything as far as God. undecided

3. Churches are rather filled to the brim with tares, in this case, I am afraid. No one who loves Jesus Christ — submits and obeys His teachings and commandments alone — would at the same time submit to or obey the leading of any man. Jesus Christ was clear that He alone takes full charge of those who belong to Him. undecided

4. Salvation is, I am afraid, up to the individual and not up to the will or opinion of a "we". Individuals need to decide for themselves whether their desire is for God or rather a group to belong to. undecided

5. Yet again, an antichrist resolution. undecided
I think this is erroneous take mixed with truths and half-truths
There's place for churches heavily referenced and sanctioned in the scriptures. Individualism is never encouraged...cos devil uses that to laugh its attack
Here are exhaustive Bible reference to the issue of church that I got through study.
And I will like u to go through all of them each and give your opinion. Thank you.

A). Ephesians 4 vs 7, 8, 11
" But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of the gift of Christ. 8 Therefore it says, “When he ascended on high he captured captives; he gave gifts to men.”
" It was he who gave some as apostles, some as prophets, some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, that is, to build up the body of Christ"

B)Acts 2:42
"They were devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer."

C) Matthew 16 v 8
"And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

D) Ephesians 1 vs 22-23
"And God put all things under Christ's feet, and he gave him to the church as head over all things. 23 Now the church is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all."
E) 1 Cor. 12:13
"For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body. Whether Jews or Greeks or slaves or free, we were all made to drink of the one Spirit. "

F) Ephesians 5 vs 22 - 32
This whole section compares relationship between Husband and wife as the same with Christ and Church, so it says wife must submit to husband just as Church must submit to Christ....and husband must love the wife just as Christ loves the church..It's a very striking analogy.. u can read it..
But the concluding part is even more apt which says: vs 32 "This mystery is great – but I am actually speaking with reference to Christ and the church"
G) 1 Tim. 3:15
" In case I am delayed to let you know how people ought to conduct themselves in the household of God, because it is the church of the living God, the support and bulwark of the truth"

H) 1 Pet. 5:2
"Give a shepherd’s care to God’s flock among you, exercising oversight not merely as a duty but willingly under God’s direction, not for shameful profit but eagerly"

I) Acts 20:28
" Watch out for yourselves and for all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God that he obtained with the blood of his own Son"

1 Cor. 3 vs 4 & 5
'For whenever someone says, “I am with Paul,” or “I am with Apollos,” are you not merely human?
What is Apollos, really? Or what is Paul? Servants through whom you came to believe, and each of us in the ministry the Lord gave us'

You can also read the revelation of John to the 7 churches in Asia as that then.

Church in Ephesus (Rev. 2 v 2-3)
Church in Smyrna ( Rev. 2 v 8-9
Church in Pergamos( Rev 2 v 12-17
Church in Thyatira (Rev 2 v 19 -23)
Church in Sardis. (Rev. 3 v 1-5)
Church in Philadelphia ( Rev. 3v 7-13)
Church in Laodicea (Rev. 3 v 15-16)

Finally
Read---->>>>1 Cor. 1 v 1 - 13

Finally: when people start saying I belong to Paul, Apollo, or Cephas, Paul enjoins the whole body of churches to not operate in division cos God is coming to judge every works and church....that we should unite and treat each other with love. That is what is missing

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Emusan(m): 12:04pm On May 24, 2023
Aemmyjah:
U quoted me and it's not a problem but I did same and I'm pained?

Can you point out the part in my post where it indicates that I complaint about you quoting my post?

Your reply to my post shows you're pained. Get that into your tiny brain.

Ur head needs urgent attention

Check the mental disorder among JWs then you'll know who needs more urgent attention.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Emusan(m): 12:06pm On May 24, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
The same reason i believe it's just two persons using multiple accounts!

Lying liar!

You claimed it was Holy Spirit who told you.

See him changing mouth cheesy grin cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Aemmyjah(m): 12:52pm On May 24, 2023
Emusan:

Can you point out the part in my post where it indicates that I complaint about you quoting my post?

Check the mental disorder among JWs then you'll know who needs more urgent attention.

I understand that you're tormented by JWs. I enjoy your attention. Keep crying
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by achorladey: 12:52pm On May 24, 2023
Emusan:

When that one join nairaland and start to post comment you go think sey na im be the person who gave us permission to registered on nairaland grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Kobojunkie: 2:01pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:

I think this is erroneous take mixed with truths and half-truths
There's place for churches heavily referenced and sanctioned in the scriptures. Individualism is never encouraged...cos devil uses that to laugh its attack
Here are exhaustive Bible reference to the issue of church that I got through study.
And I will like u to go through all of them each and give your opinion. Thank you.

You can also read the revelation of John to the 7 churches in Asia as that then.

Church in Ephesus (Rev. 2 v 2-3)
Church in Smyrna ( Rev. 2 v 8-9
Church in Pergamos( Rev 2 v 12-17
Church in Thyatira (Rev 2 v 19 -23)
Church in Sardis. (Rev. 3 v 1-5)
Church in Philadelphia ( Rev. 3v 7-13)
Church in Laodicea (Rev. 3 v 15-16)
That the word Church, a term use to reference a collection of people who share a common interest--- in this case, Jesus Christ--- was used a lot in the epistles does not then mean it paves way for your churches oftoday. undecided
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by PeterObi4Presid: 2:25pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
That the word Church, a term use to reference a collection of people who share a common interest--- in this case, Jesus Christ--- was used a lot in the epistles does not then mean it paves way for your churches oftoday. undecided
It is not your duty to judge every church as not meeting the standard expected of churches of God.
Revelation already gave it's warning to Churches that dint meet requirements, and it never advocated for closing down or abolition of churches, but it encouraged truth and fellowship as one body, being the body of Christ.
So I will enjoin you, that even in the midst of your skeptism of the purpose of most Churches, it's a calling for us to fellowship as a body of Christ cos no part of the body can exist in isolation.
So I enjoin you to find one church to attach yourself to. Individualism in Christ is a recipe for getting lost in temptation and works of the devil. How do you get exhortation and edification being alone?
The place of church is established in Christ. Find one and attach yourself to it, you will be more fruitful
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:03pm On May 24, 2023
Aemmyjah:

That's the one and only reason they will come in to talk: JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!
Let JWs stop talking and you won't see them here again, they have nothing tangible to say! smiley
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Emusan(m): 4:08pm On May 24, 2023
Aemmyjah:

The day I'll be tormented by JWs is the Devil wins but remember he has been defeated over 2000years ago.

That is why the Body of Christ keeps growing according to Jesus John 15:2

2 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:

It is not your duty to judge every church as not meeting the standard expected of churches of God....

@kobojunkie is a one-man army who believes he is the only true Christian in this world!
Remember the man Jesus healed and at first said he "saw men as though they were trees"? Before Jesus now perfected his healing. Such is this guy you're taking on.
I had about a week's debate with this guy on this forum, he doesn't want to hear. Just keep praying for him.
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Emusan(m): 4:16pm On May 24, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

That's the one and only reason they will come in to talk: JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!
Let JWs stop talking and you won't see them here again, they have nothing tangible to say! smiley

Self delusion!

Before Nairaland religion section was separated with Islam section everyone on religion section discusses with few JWs.

When the religion section separated with virtually no JWs many topics are created and people discuss it.

Even if all JWs today do meeting and leave Nairaland, people here will still continue to create different topics and discuss religion.

So I challenge you to inform your fellow deluded brothers to leave Nairaland just for 1 Week (even though I know you can't try it as you don't have life outside Nairaland) maybe we'll be here again or not. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by PeterObi4Presid: 4:17pm On May 24, 2023
crows2ravens:

@kobojunkie is a one-man army who believes he is the only true Christian in this world!
Remember the man Jesus healed and at first said he "saw men as though they were trees"? Before Jesus now perfected his healing. Such is this guy you're taking on.
I had about a week's debate with this guy on this forum, he doesn't want to hear. Just keep praying for him.
Oh. Perhaps I'm just noticing cos I'm new
Meanwhile it's easy to see his truth mixed with half-truths. Such teaching is only a mixture of human philosophy mixed with God's word.... recipe for deception and confusion which devil is promoting in churches

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
■ It is not your duty to judge every church as not meeting the standard expected of churches of God.
■ Revelation already gave it's warning to Churches that dint meet requirements, and it never advocated for closing down or abolition of churches, but it encouraged truth and fellowship as one body, being the body of Christ.
■ So I will enjoin you, that even in the midst of your skeptism of the purpose of most Churches, it's a calling for us to fellowship as a body of Christ cos no part of the body can exist in isolation. So I enjoin you to find one church to attach yourself to. Individualism in Christ is a recipe for getting lost in temptation and works of the devil.
■ How do you get exhortation and edification being alone? The place of church is established in Christ. Find one and attach yourself to it, you will be more fruitful
1. Jesus Christ is the one who said your churches are not of Him given they are founded on the doctrines and traditions of men, lies which Jesus Christ Himself said were not of Him. So how can that which has a foundation that is not of Jesus Christ be said to be of Jesus Christ? undecided

2. The letters written by John to the churches in the Book of Revelations were messages to believers living in particular/specific cities of the time. Those cities no longer exist meaning those for whom those messages are no longer current. For you to assume that your church in Ebute is the same church referenced in the book of Revelations speaks of your dishonesty. undecided

3. Look, your churches are nothing but social business enterprises that thrive by trading lies wrapped up in the many mentions of the name of God. Jesus Christ warned of this and this is where we are today — the time of the antichrist thriving and deceiving the majority. As for your calling to fellowship, that is not of Jesus Christ but of the interpretations of your pastors and mogs, you realize that, right? What Jesus Christ however commanded is nothing like what you lot do today. undecided

4. Do you even understand what Paul in fact meant by exhortation and edification in his letters? If you did, you would not mention it anywhere near this conversation. undecided
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 24, 2023
Really, violence don plenty for this thread oo!
Abeg, it's spiritual discourse. Let's argue facts rather than attacks to the person.

I've discussed constructively with JWs on occasions, and I learned few things. And that's because I wanted to know their beliefs on certain issues, not because I wanted dispute. Like I said earlier in the thread, there are matters I agree with JW on. Pentecostals have distorted some scriptural facts. My only issue I have with them is, they have the mindset that every other person is wrong!

I also agree with @kobojunkie on a number of things. But he too thinks he is the only true Christian in this world!

I've had in-depth discussions with people in Eck, Amorc and Grail. I learned some things from them too. These people have a level of discipline we Christians lack. Do you know the closest religion to Christianity is Buddhism? Truth is, everybody has a good reason for believing what they believe. I have my own beliefs in Jesus Christ, and by God's grace, I won't lose it.

The problem in this thread is not because of our personalities, but they are exactly the problems in Christianity! We are divided and we never agree enough to collapse our denominations together. Each group believe the others are wrong, because we listen to the pastors and elders more than we listen to Jesus Christ himself - one thing I agree with @kobojunkie with.
None of us here is 100% correct, so let's listen to ourselves and learn from one another.

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by PeterObi4Presid: 4:30pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Jesus Christ is the one who said your churches are not of Him given they are founded on the doctrines and traditions of men, lies which Jesus Christ Himself said were not of Him. So how can that which has a foundation that is not of Jesus Christ be said to be of Jesus Christ? undecided

2. The letters written by John to the churches in the Book of Revelations were messages to believers living in particular/specific cities of the time. Those cities no longer exist meaning those for whom those messages are no longer current. For you to assume that your church in Ebute is the same church referenced in the book of Revelations speaks of your dishonesty. undecided

3. Look, your churches are nothing but social business enterprises that thrive by trading lies wrapped up in the many mentions of the name of God. Jesus Christ warned of this and this is where we are today — the time of the antichrist thriving and deceiving the majority. As for your calling to fellowship, that is not of Jesus Christ but of the interpretations of your pastors and mogs, you realize that, right? What Jesus Christ however commanded is nothing like what you lot do today. undecided

4. Do you even understand what Paul in fact meant by exhortation and edification in his letters? If you did, you would not mention it anywhere near this conversation. undecided

I will appreciate you if you can analyse each of the biblical passages I presented that speaks of fellowship and church of Christ, if u can interpret each to mean something else, may be I will see from your view.
Did u intentionally disregard the passages...I will like explanation of each verse as not relating to churches.
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Aemmyjah(m): 4:30pm On May 24, 2023
Emusan:

The day I'll be tormented by JWs is the Devil wins but remember he has been defeated over 2000years ago.

That is why the Body of Christ keeps growing according to Jesus John 15:2

Ok.
Stop tormenting yourself and go to bed
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
■ I will appreciate you if you can analyse each of the biblical passages I presented that speaks of fellowship and church of Christ, if u can interpret each to mean something else, may be I will see from your view.
■ Did u intentionally disregard the passages...I will like explanation of each verse as not relating to churches.
1. Here's the first thing you should learn if you are truly a disciple of Jesus Christ, and it is that your one and only mandate is to accept and obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone. Jesus Christ did not even ask His followers to follow His example, rather His mandate to them is that they do as He commands. Simple, right? So, when you go around collecting examples from here and there that have nothing to do with that which Jesus Christ in fact commanded, and then you ask me to analyze them, how do you think I should feel? undecided

2. Sort of since none of them is a direct command from Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by PeterObi4Presid: 4:43pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Here's the first thing you should learn if you are truly a disciple of Jesus Christ, and it is that your one and only mandate is to accept and obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone. Jesus Christ did not even ask His followers to follow His example, rather His mandate to them is that they do as He commands. Simple, right? So, when you go around collecting examples from here and there that have nothing to do with that which Jesus Christ in fact commanded, and then you ask me to analyze them, how do you think I should feel? undecided

2. Sort of since none of them is a direct command from Jesus Christ. undecided
Oh perhaps I now understand you
You seem not to believe 100% in the gospel of Paul, Peter and the early Christian. Because you've found a way to divide the gospel of the church from the gospel of Christ.
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
■ Oh perhaps I now understand you
■ You seem not to believe 100% in the gospel of Paul, Peter and the early Christian. Because you've found a way to divide the gospel of the church from the gospel of Christ.
1. How can I believe in a man when I am called to believe ONLY in Jesus Christ? undecided

2. Paul himself warned people like you from believing in his so-called gospel when he declared, "Let God be True, and all men(including Paul) liars." I guess his warning got rejected by you there. undecided
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:50pm On May 24, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Ok.

He has said his mind:

All JWs should leave Nairaland even though we don't quote nor mention him he is ever ready to quote JWs as if he has something reasonable to say.
OK the OP is there why aren't they discussing with him?
Why trail JWs everywhere?
Ọmọ the torment is just too much for them that's why they're happy engaging JWs just as the illustration says so i've decided to let them be the chasm is there already! Luke 16:24-26 wink

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:53pm On May 24, 2023
crows2ravens:

None of us here is 100% correct, so let's listen to ourselves and learn from one another.

JWs is not one person but an organization of peace loving worshipers that's global {Isaiah 2:2-4} we have One line of thought {John 17:22 compare to 1Corinthians 1:10} but we are not on the same page with any other religion.
We are OK! smiley
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by PeterObi4Presid: 4:57pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. How can I believe in a man when I am called to believe ONLY in Jesus Christ? undecided

2. Paul himself warned people like you from believing in his so-called gospel when he declared, "Let God be True, and all men(including Paul) liars." I guess his warning got rejected by you there. undecided
Well, you've shown enough basis for your argument...so it's your bias against Paul which I think is understandable. With more and deep encounters you will see why Paul is one of the greatest witness of Christ.
I understand. Paul teaching is hard, but with God's encounter you will know it's the Gospel of Christ that was revealed to him
If God doesn't open your mind, most Christian will reject sexual purity as preached by Christ...but the truth is it's not different from what Christ preached
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Aemmyjah(m): 4:58pm On May 24, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

He has said his mind:

All JWs should leave Nairaland even though we don't quote nor mention him he is ever ready to quote JWs as if he has something reasonable to say.
OK the OP is there why aren't they discussing with him?
Why trail JWs everywhere?
Ọmọ the torment is just too much for them that's why they're happy engaging JWs just as the illustration says so i've decided to let them be the chasm is there already! Luke 16:24-26 wink

No
Pls don't
Don't starve them of their daily bread so they will die
grin grin
If you stop giving him what he WANTS even if that torments him and he dies, you're bloodguilty grin grin grin
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Kobojunkie: 5:04pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
■ Well, you've shown enough basis for your argument...so it's your bias against Paul which I think is understandable. With more and deep encounters you will see why Paul is one of the greatest witness of Christ.
■ I understand. Paul teaching is hard, but with God's encounter you will know it's the Gospel of Christ that was revealed to him
■ If God doesn't open your mind, most Christian will reject sexual purity as preached by Christ...but the truth is it's not different from what Christ preached
1. If you want to read it as bias against Paul, go for it! undecided

2. Paul's teaching is hard? You lot quickly replace everything paul says with your many special interpretations that you barely understand any of what Paul says to begin with.
ROFLMAO!
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

3. Jesus Christ never preached your sexual purity doctrines. So how can that which He never taught not be different from that which He in fact taught? undecided

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by PeterObi4Presid: 5:35pm On May 24, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. If you want to read it as bias against Paul, go for it! undecided

2. Paul's teaching is hard? You lot quickly replace everything paul says with your many special interpretations that you barely understand any of what Paul says to begin with.
ROFLMAO!
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

3. Jesus Christ never preached your sexual purity doctrines. So how can that which He never taught not be different from that which He in fact taught? undecided
See, let me tell you....I understand your bias against Paul. I will reiterate it.

That was why I said, don't get me wrong, what I meant was that, the sexual purity of Paul is the same as the sexual purity Jesus preached.
But many Christian today struggle to obey sexual purity of Paul.
I struggled with sexual purity as preached by Paul and Peter until my eyes was opened. And it's actually same thing Jesus Preached. It's just that Jesus din't emphasiz some issues with examples as much as he does when expounding on the KINGDOM OF GOD. But his parables can still give us alot of insights.
SO, Paul takes his time to break it down for us as inspired by the holyghost which Christ promised will teach them all things when he's gone.
Christ promised to send them the holyghost that will teach them further things.....I believe it's these teachings u have doubt about and feel it can't be entirely sanctioned by Christ.
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:40pm On May 24, 2023
Aemmyjah:

No
Pls don't
Don't starve them of their daily bread so they will die
grin grin
If you stop giving him what he WANTS even if that torments him and he dies, you're bloodguilty grin grin grin

Well it's like casting valuable pearls before pigs surely the pig don't know it's value but seeing honest hearted and sincere individuals moving towards it the pig struggles to come forward it's just a pity that the pig can't make good use of it so it will turn against the person casting such valuables! Matthew 7:6 smiley
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
■ See, let me tell you....I understand your bias against Paul. I will reiterate it. That was why I said, don't get me wrong, what I meant was that, the sexual purity of Paul is the same as the sexual purity Jesus preached.
■ But many Christian today struggle to obey sexual purity of Paul. I struggled with sexual purity as preached by Paul and Peter until my eyes was opened. And it's actually same thing Jesus Preached. It's just that Jesus din't emphasiz some issues with examples as much as he does when expounding on the KINGDOM OF GOD. But his parables can still give us alot of insights.
■ SO, Paul takes his time to break it down for us as inspired by the holyghost which Christ promised will teach them all things when he's gone.
Christ promised to send them the holyghost that will teach them further things.....I believe it's these teachings u have doubt about and feel it can't be entirely sanctioned by Christ.
1. You are free to believe as you choose! But what you lot preach as the sexual purity of Paul is not the same as the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, I am afraid. undecided

2. Obeying Paul will never amount to obeying Jesus Christ — just so you know. Again, Jesus Christ rather said that is it when you lust in your heart after another that you have committed sin(disobedience) against God - Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28. Your sexual purity doctrines lead you all to condemn sexual acts when God never said you should do any of that using His name. God's Law is absolute and when you bend it, all you do is create a lie for yourself against God. undecided

3. Paul did not do such thing as you claim as 98% of the Gospel teachings of Jesus Christ are missing from the letters of Paul combined, case and point the teaching in Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28. So, given this reality, it means that whatever it is you claim Paul broke down for you, it cannot be the Gospel of Jesus Christ, as it clearly isn't. undecided
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Emusan(m): 6:28pm On May 24, 2023
Aemmyjah:
Ok.

You see the reason why JWs number of mental disorder is increasing daily.

I should go to bed when men at work...

Lazy JWs!

2 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On May 24, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:

■ Oh. Perhaps I'm just noticing cos I'm new
Meanwhile it's easy to see his truth mixed with half-truths. Such teaching is only a mixture of human philosophy mixed with God's word.... recipe for deception and confusion which devil is promoting in churches
Interesting claim. Care to point to exactly one such teaching of mine? undecided
Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by achorladey: 10:22pm On May 24, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Ok.

Go to bed @ 4:30pm Nigerian time. Even Fowl no dey go sleep at that time grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of The Churches by achorladey: 10:24pm On May 24, 2023
Emusan:

You see the reason why JWs number of mental disorder is increasing daily.

I should go to bed when men at work...

Lazy JWs!

I hope that man never enter drinking joint to type that

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Glamour And Spirituality As Pastor Odukoya Takes New Wife / Wukari In Taraba State Is On 24hours Curfew / Tell These Enugu Christians To Shut The Hell Up.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.