Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,124 members, 7,845,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Emi L'okan - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Emi L'okan (540 Views)

Emi(legend Of The Human God): Reboot / Emi(spirit): Lineage Of Gods / Emi(spirit): Legend Of The Human God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emi L'okan by goodness4ever(m): 11:57am On May 21, 2023
Emi L'okan: The Audacity of Entitlement

Toyin Raphael

The declaration of 'Emi L'okan' by Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu means different things to different people. In the current phase of the state of polity, Nigerians await the best.

Nigeria, being the biggest democracy in Africa has always attracted global interest. By January, 2022, a lot of interests were building up towards the 2023 general elections. The ruling party, the All Progressive Congress wanted to hold on to the reign of power while the main opposition party, the People's Democratic Party (PDP) angled to come back to power. There were speculations as to whether the national leader of the APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu would contest or not.

On January 10, 2022, Tinubu formally declared his intention to run for the highest office in the land after he met with President Muhammadu Buhari at the State House in Abuja. When he met with State House correspondents, Tinubu said it was his age-long ambition to be the Head of the country.

When asked if President Buhari supported his ambition, Tinubu said: 'He is a democrat. He didn't ask me to stop. He didn't ask me not attempt and pursue my ambition. It is a lifelong ambition; so why do I expect him to say more than that? You are running a democratic dispensation, and you must adopt the principles and the values and the virtues of democracy. That's it.'

On the role of being a kingmaker who now wanted to be the king, Tinubu had this to say: 'About the cap of the kingmaker, I've never seen the cap of a kingmaker before. That's the truth. And I've never seen where it is written in the rule book anywhere in any country that a kingmaker cannot be a king unless you commit murder. So, whatever is your attribute is your own opinion. I want to pursue my ambition without the title of a kingmaker. You can write your literature and your story based upon your own perception.'

With these words, Tinubu had affirmed that he was in the Presidential race for good.

Continue reading: https://store.okadabooks.com/book/about/emi-lokan-the-audacity-of-entitlement/53102
Re: Emi L'okan by solmusdesigns: 11:58am On May 21, 2023
grin

Tinubu said Emi lokan and God answered his prayers

Re: Emi L'okan by goodness4ever(m): 7:15pm On May 23, 2023
It is six days to inauguration.
Re: Emi L'okan by goodness4ever(m): 9:01pm On May 26, 2023
With these words, Tinubu had affirmed that he was in the Presidential race for good. He would no longer be the one to 'crown' a Governor, a Minister or a President. He wanted to be the President. The Reactions Expectedly, there were many reactions to Tinubu's declarations. Many Nigerians expressed reservations about his health which was believed not to be virile enough to withstand the rigours required of the office of the President and Commander-in-Chief. It was therefore succint to state that there were many uproars in reaction to the declaration.

Some reverberations were felt even within the opposition People's Democratic Party (PDP). An interesting scenario was the declaration of Presidential interest by the Governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi, who followed Tinubu's heels. Agitations about the declaration continued. While some people believed it should be the turn of the south to produce the next President, some people felt Presidency should be specifically micro-zoned to the south east.

The Ohaneze Ndigbo (the Igbo socio-cultural group) certainly was not happy with Tinubu's declaration. Earlier in December, 2021, the Publicity Secretary of the group, Chief Chiedozie Alex Ogbonnia, in an open letter, asked Tinubu to shelve his 2023 Presidential bid in order to 'preserve Nigeria's corporate existence.' He stated that Tinubu should key into the Igbo presidency and that. posterity would be kind to him if he toed the 'path of reason, conscience and equity.' He maitained that Tinubu would be embarking on a political adventure that 'lacks conscience and principle' if he should go ahead and contest (Nigerian Tribune, December 13, 2021).
Re: Emi L'okan by goodness4ever(m): 6:48am On May 28, 2023
A nation that is so divided can achieve little in development. Unity devoid of justice can achieve minimal, but a union nurtured with bitterness is worse.

We must eschew bitterness and rancour. Let's look up to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.
Re: Emi L'okan by goodness4ever(m): 12:17pm On May 28, 2023
He maitained that Tinubu would be embarking on a political adventure that 'lacks conscience and principle' if he should go ahead and contest (Nigerian Tribune, December 13, 2021).

Despite all the remonstrations, Tinubu avowed to continue with the quest for the Presidency. Along the line, there were theories about some APC stalwarts including the Presidency not supporting Tinubu. Many were of the opinion that certain forces were scheming to edge out or disfavour Tinubu in his quest. So palpable were these words that Tinubu had to make the outbust of the famous 'emi l'o kan.' In the full-packed hall on June 3,2022, in Abeokuta, Ogun State, a Presidential hopeful of the APC was the cynosure of all eyes.

He was not just an aspirant. This was Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the national leader of the party. Tinubu was reeling out tales. They were not another tales by moolight. They were factual tales that had far-reaching effects on the people and the polity. He talked about his no mean contribution in APC, from its formative stage to how he helped to bring Muhammadu Buhari to power and the 'O to ge' force in Kwara state that brought about the decimation of Saraki dynasty in the state. To reign all these in, he declared unequivocally: 'Emi l'o kan.' In Yoruba language, the expression means 'it is my turn.'
Re: Emi L'okan by goodness4ever(m): 12:30pm On May 29, 2023
Congratulations 👍 to the new President, Emi L'okan 1, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Re: Emi L'okan by goodness4ever(m): 7:19am On Jun 07, 2023
goodness4ever:

Emi L'okan: The Audacity of Entitlement

Toyin Raphael

The declaration of 'Emi L'okan' by Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu means different things to different people. In the current phase of the state of polity, Nigerians await the best.

Nigeria, being the biggest democracy in Africa has always attracted global interest. By January, 2022, a lot of interests were building up towards the 2023 general elections. The ruling party, the All Progressive Congress wanted to hold on to the reign of power while the main opposition party, the People's Democratic Party (PDP) angled to come back to power. There were speculations as to whether the national leader of the APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu would contest or not.

On January 10, 2022, Tinubu formally declared his intention to run for the highest office in the land after he met with President Muhammadu Buhari at the State House in Abuja. When he met with State House correspondents, Tinubu said it was his age-long ambition to be the Head of the country.

When asked if President Buhari supported his ambition, Tinubu said: 'He is a democrat. He didn't ask me to stop. He didn't ask me not attempt and pursue my ambition. It is a lifelong ambition; so why do I expect him to say more than that? You are running a democratic dispensation, and you must adopt the principles and the values and the virtues of democracy. That's it.'

On the role of being a kingmaker who now wanted to be the king, Tinubu had this to say: 'About the cap of the kingmaker, I've never seen the cap of a kingmaker before. That's the truth. And I've never seen where it is written in the rule book anywhere in any country that a kingmaker cannot be a king unless you commit murder. So, whatever is your attribute is your own opinion. I want to pursue my ambition without the title of a kingmaker. You can write your literature and your story based upon your own perception.'

With these words, Tinubu had affirmed that he was in the Presidential race for good.

Continue reading: https://store.okadabooks.com/book/about/emi-lokan-the-audacity-of-entitlement/53102
Re: Emi L'okan by Desire4life: 9:11am On Aug 08, 2023
Interesting.
Re: Emi L'okan by ThrillPlus: 12:11pm On Sep 08, 2023
Hmm...

(1) (Reply)

AI Editor: I Will Edit Your AI Articles To Pass Originality.ai And Turnitin... / Death,my Friend / The Power Of Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.