Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi (41570 Views)

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has tested positive for coronavirus. / Sunday Oliseh Leads Fortuna Sittard To First Title In 23 Years / Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by politicoNG: 9:45pm On Jan 12
John Mikel Obi, former Super Eagles captain, has described Sunday Oliseh as “easily the worst manager I played under”.

Mikel spoke in a recent episode of The Obi One podcast.

The former Chelsea midfielder said Oliseh was a “terrible coach” and “had no clue of what he was doing” when he managed the Nigeria men’s national team between July 2015 and February 2016.

Oliseh’s seven-month spell as the Eagles head coach was littered with off-the-field drama, including bitter disagreements with senior members of the team and officials of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

Speaking on his brief stint with the manager, Mikel narrated how Oliseh started a heated argument with him and Vincent Enyeama on the coach’s first day in camp with the team.

He said the incident degenerated into Enyeama leaving the camp and quitting the national team.

“I remember the first day he came into the camp. Then we reported to the camp for International duties, then he came straight at me and Vincent Enyeama, the goalkeeper, who also was very powerful back then, He came straight at us and Elderson Echiejile, and he said a few things. He said he heard there was a lot of player power with us,” Mikel said.

“Then Enyeama was like, ‘What’s wrong with you? Where are you getting all of these from? We are a nice group, and you just come in, and the first thing is to attack us?

“He was like ‘I heard about you guys.’ And then Enyeama stood up and told him he couldn’t say that because we had been here for so many years. They started arguing, and literally, they were going to have a fight.

“He took Enyeama out of the team, and he came at us saying he was going to take us out of the team. He said he was going to take us out of the team; he said he was going to make sure we didn’t play anymore.”

“Enyeama could not take it, and despite my pleas, he left the camp angrily and never came back.”

Mikel described Oliseh as “bitter”, “jealous”, and “had no respect for speaking to anybody”.

“He (Oliseh) had absolutely no clue of how a manager is. He was a fantastic guy in his playing days, but he was a terrible coach. He absolutely had no clue of what he was doing,” the 2013 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) winner said.

“The players never understood anything he was doing, and he did not know what he was doing. He was just confused because he just came in and destroyed the team togetherness.

“He was easily the worst manager I played under.

“He was so bitter with everybody, jealous with everybody, and had no respect for speaking to anybody, whether the physio or anybody.”

https://www.thecable.ng/mikel-oliseh-was-clueless-as-super-eagles-coach-hes-my-worst-manager/amp

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by darocha1: 9:58pm On Jan 12
Children of X. Dinner is served. Feast on it till the next meal arrives

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by kelvyn7: 10:01pm On Jan 12
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by tommykiwi(m): 10:01pm On Jan 12
Mikel calm down, allow sleeping dog to lie.

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by adesegun121(m): 10:02pm On Jan 12
Ok
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by SpatialKing(m): 10:02pm On Jan 12
True

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by DarkJeddi(m): 10:02pm On Jan 12
That mudafur.cker was genetically programmed to be a walking, talking piece of garbage..
I will never ever forgive him for how he treated Enyeama..
Son of a B1t ch!

223 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Okeatu(m): 10:03pm On Jan 12
How does this concern us?

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Emperormartin(m): 10:03pm On Jan 12
Without you saying it we know you're saying the truth...

Oliseh was trying to prove to Nigerians that he was "the perfect perfectionist"

But the image he was trying to create destroyed him even till today...

Enyeama, Mikel even emenike have More legendary status in super eagles than him

208 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by frankblinkz(m): 10:03pm On Jan 12
Dude spoke his mind

It's what it is.
Mikel remains a legend in the history of football as an African.

164 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by mcmbonu: 10:03pm On Jan 12
I’m just waiting for Sunday Oliseh’s response after Mikel’s shellacking. Let me camp on his TL

Let's do a Vote

Like for Mike
Share for Oliseh

251 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by ROTTWEILER007: 10:03pm On Jan 12

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by inoki247: 10:03pm On Jan 12
Ok his bitter next....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by EngrchidiG25(m): 10:04pm On Jan 12
No be today the news is not new at all

11 Likes

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by EverythingPhone(m): 10:05pm On Jan 12
I track lost or stolen devices at an affordable price
It All starts with a trial
Contact me via siggy below

3 Likes

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by just2endowed: 10:05pm On Jan 12
Another atomic bomb

5 Likes

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by pretydiva(f): 10:05pm On Jan 12
T
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by durovic: 10:05pm On Jan 12
The guy should have remained a pundit

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Pappij: 10:05pm On Jan 12
This is so true.

15 Likes

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by obaidan: 10:05pm On Jan 12
looool
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by eginaP: 10:05pm On Jan 12
It's about to go down

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Eaglernorwich(m): 10:06pm On Jan 12
Oliseh was a disciplinarian

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Kyn4life: 10:06pm On Jan 12
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Talkisneeded: 10:06pm On Jan 12
What do I know.

I'll talk when oliseh replies.

I sell herbs for sexual enhancement tho

5 Likes

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by SaLongs1(m): 10:06pm On Jan 12
These are well known facts.

11 Likes

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by 9jaBloke: 10:06pm On Jan 12
Guns blazing

3 Likes

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by CorrectionFLuid: 10:06pm On Jan 12
Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by OKUCHI11(m): 10:07pm On Jan 12
Time they say... Reveals that which has been hidden...

4 Likes

Re: Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi by Streetmovement(m): 10:07pm On Jan 12
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Mikel is on AI mode, nobody can stop him now grin

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Jr Jogging A Football (Photo) / Saturday Glory And Aniebet Ekong Die In Car Accident In Uyo / Ronaldo Earns £14m More From Instagram Than Juventus, Putting Messi To 2nd Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.