Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,786 members, 7,831,544 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers (8850 Views)

Elon Musk’s X Fined $350,000 By US Government Over Trump’s Twitter Account / HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! / Top 10 Gruesome Murders Committed Because Of Facebook (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Timoleon(m): 11:30am On May 22, 2023
Who force you to use Facebook?
Itohanmiwa:
Zuckerberg is the biggest scam of the 21st century, imagine getting so much info about it's users just for free. Facebook should be regulated and controlled. Too much sensitive information leaking out at will.
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by wolesmile(m): 11:32am On May 22, 2023
VikingKing:
Tinubu the druggie doesn't even know what Meta is. If you ask am now, e go say na "3" 🀣🀣🀣🀣

And I bet Peter Obi, the serial liar, doesn't either.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Itohanmiwa: 11:33am On May 22, 2023
Timoleon:
Who force you to use Facebook?
I didn't use my personal info to open fb. Those questions asked are very personal and if you think about how much users it has, then you'll know the amount of private information mark has at hand to sell to the highest bidder.

1 Like

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by lexy2014: 11:34am On May 22, 2023
Itohanmiwa:
Zuckerberg is the biggest scam of the 21st century, imagine getting so much info about it's users just for free. Facebook should be regulated and controlled. Too much sensitive information leaking out at will.

Who should regulate Facebook?
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by phoneport(m): 11:35am On May 22, 2023
GeneralPula:
Did Facebook really do that?
That is what they have been doing with your #Tags, Tweets, TicToks, WhatsApp, posts, comments, and profile details...
This guy's are Insanely META.
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Itohanmiwa: 11:40am On May 22, 2023
lexy2014:

Who should regulate Facebook?
Government
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by somehow: 11:48am On May 22, 2023
The US won't stop stealing and coverting the world's private data.

They keep spying on everyone including their allies.

They live in perpetual fear always afraid of what citizens of their country and other countries might be up to, yet turn around to accuse China and others of spying.

If you're using any google product, be rest assured that everything about you is being spied on.

They can operate your phone camera, record you in your vulnerable moments and even set you up/implicate you in the future when you become a person of value.
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by motionarena: 11:49am On May 22, 2023
Mark abeg carry all my data for 100k usd only
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by patrickmuf(m): 11:51am On May 22, 2023
Just the same reason the US is against Tik Tok. Only America has the right to do what's morally wrong. The hypocrisy and double standards though!

3 Likes

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Larryndelaw: 11:53am On May 22, 2023
VikingKing:
Tinubu the druggie doesn't even know what Meta is. If you ask am now, e go say na "3" 🀣🀣🀣🀣. I hope we don't become the laughing stock of the whole world πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ
Your Brain need to be checked. Anyway Go and line up, carry the flag and stand by the side of the road May 29, Your president is coming. Also check your BP daily .
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Truthshscrazy: 11:56am On May 22, 2023
Good
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Originalsly: 12:02pm On May 22, 2023
Hmmm ..... the hypocrisy continues.
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by jesmond3945: 12:05pm On May 22, 2023
Only fine? Why not ban like they want to do for tik tok? Ndi ala
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Ate247(m): 12:06pm On May 22, 2023
This is a working EU. Our AU with useless old thief.
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Enemyofpeace: 12:16pm On May 22, 2023
Very good. Na my head catch am. The useless boy is always banning me.
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Timoleon(m): 12:31pm On May 22, 2023
I know he has a lot of information t hand. Info people willingly gave him.
Itohanmiwa:

I didn't use my personal info to open fb. Those questions asked are very personal and if you think about how much users it has, then you'll know the amount of private information mark has at hand to sell to the highest bidder.

1 Like

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by kiddkash(m): 12:42pm On May 22, 2023
englishmart:
I have a personal beef with Zuckerberg. The guy isn't a good businessman
He is not, he is a computer geek that has money.
People think when you make plenty of money, it makes you a businessman.
Trump, Elon Musk, Warren Buffet, Armancio Ortega, Jeff Bezos. Those are businessmen
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Powerfly(f): 12:52pm On May 22, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
Obi should be fined $2 billion for accusing Tinubu of Drug Trafficking.

Where I come from as an Igbo man
You dare not accuse a person wrongly
And go Scott free.. I personally love peter obi but the man seriously fall my hand when he accused Tinubu of drug trafficking..

That you lost election don't mean that you lost your senses.
Obi should accept loss LIKE A MAN angry
A lion will accept defeat from a huge elephant and run dosen't mean he is not a lion.
I swear Obi fall my hand with all these stolen mandate crap.
Accept your loss and move on

After telling Him to go to court...now you're saying he should accept his loss and move on.... shocked

Ohhh so sorry to shock you..but it isn't just his loss..but all the well meaning Nigerian youths and elderly ones who has had enough of suffering and bad governance loss.
So we aren't going to accept it like that...and move on. No be una go tell us how to cry our cry or tell us what to do.
Why not concentrate on your mandate stolen coronation abii na swearing in
.while we focus on our tribunal case in court.
Bunch of cringing theifing lots., tongue undecided
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by MrColdsweat: 1:20pm On May 22, 2023
VikingKing:
Tinubu the druggie doesn't even know what Meta is. If you ask am now, e go say na "3" 🀣🀣🀣🀣. I hope we don't become the laughing stock of the whole world πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ
Is that a condom he's wearing on the head?
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Bigchristo: 1:23pm On May 22, 2023
HonNL:

SOURCE

SOURCE
that money is nothing to Meta company, but why would they be transferring people data without consent? I know say dem Don explore Nigeria tire we nor Kuku Dey check anything πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by yinkeys(m): 1:34pm On May 22, 2023
If you like yourself
Except for business reasons Delete your Facebook account
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Bfly: 1:49pm On May 22, 2023
VikingKing:

This is your story. Google helped your life.
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by lexy2014: 2:14pm On May 22, 2023
Itohanmiwa:

Government

Which government?
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by aklid(m): 3:12pm On May 22, 2023
If it was Nigeria ,same Nigerians will be shouting Nigerian government are mad and all😬😬
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by SunMusk(m): 4:27pm On May 22, 2023
How is he not a good business man, did you know save data in one place is cutting costs. Though thy EU didn't like it. So is a business strategy my friend. Bcs anywhere that data is Facebook will still use it to Ad. But one single place save cost and maintenance.
englishmart:
I have a personal beef with Zuckerberg. The guy isn't a good businessman
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by GreyLaw(m): 5:02pm On May 22, 2023
jchioma:
Unfortunately, Africa have little or no say in what happens to their personal data on facebook storage sites and where it's taken to, or how it affects them. They can carry the data to hell and use for all they want. Who cares? I sometimes feel that if there is a book of life, it is the storage of billions of personal information on social media worldwide... What a treasure trove for "God" to source and mine from.

grin

Africa is at the lowest rung on the ladder of racial power. African Union fit fine Facebook even $500m? Dem go rush go oyinbo court wey go turn the case against them.

1 Like

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by olawonder(m): 5:14pm On May 22, 2023
Paying fine isn’t a problem, data collection is what facebook was created to do! Zuckerberg Is only fronting for Facebook, the platform is owned by the US govt.
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by ViceGovernor: 5:15pm On May 22, 2023
somehow:
The US won't stop stealing and coverting the world's private data.

They keep spying on everyone including their allies.

They live in perpetual fear always afraid of what citizens of their country and other countries might be up to, yet turn around to accuse China and others of spying.

If you're using any google product, be rest assured that everything about you is being spied on.

They can operate your phone camera, record you in your vulnerable moments and even set you up/implicate you in the future when you become a person of value.
Bolded is πŸ’― percent true.
I have found my camera open many times which seems impossible given where the phone is.
It usually happens anytime I change location of travel interstate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Glo Easy Talk, Free Calls / How To Change Ur Java Phone Operator Logo To Ur Own Name / How To Check And See Your Mtn, Etisalat, Glo And Airtel Mobile Phone Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.