Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers (8842 Views)

Elon Musk’s X Fined $350,000 By US Government Over Trump’s Twitter Account / HACK ALERT! If You Are Making Use Of Facebook Lite, Please Read This!! / Top 10 Gruesome Murders Committed Because Of Facebook (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by HonNL: 10:33am On May 22, 2023
Meta has been fined $1.3 billion by EU regulators over a data breach - and has been asked to stop the transfer of Facebook's European user data to US servers within five months.

SOURCE

BREAKING: Facebook owner Meta fined record $1.3 billion after EU regulators said it failed to protect personal information from the prying eyes of American security services

SOURCE

1 Share

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Gasayi(m): 11:21am On May 22, 2023
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by bennybuhari: 11:21am On May 22, 2023
Serves Zuckerberg right

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Siberia01(m): 11:21am On May 22, 2023
grin
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by olahero(m): 11:21am On May 22, 2023
Hmm
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Itohanmiwa: 11:22am On May 22, 2023
Zuckerberg is the biggest scam of the 21st century, imagine getting so much info about it's users just for free. Facebook should be regulated and controlled. Too much sensitive information leaking out at will.

40 Likes

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by theophorus(m): 11:22am On May 22, 2023
Money dey naw.
So this one na small thing.

But Nigeria Govt for use style Cash Out from this guy ooo but then na Elections Mata dey our mind.

2 Likes

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Venerable612(m): 11:22am On May 22, 2023
Wow

I thought there’s a DPIA between Meta US and Meta Ireland.

1 Like

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Jahwinaboy(m): 11:22am On May 22, 2023
Good one. Although Africa's own has been long transfered without raising a dust

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by englishmart(m): 11:22am On May 22, 2023
I have a personal beef with Zuckerberg. The guy isn't a good businessman

13 Likes

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by SoftP(m): 11:22am On May 22, 2023
Mark will recover that money within a week

8 Likes

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by omoredia: 11:22am On May 22, 2023
When is Truth Social going global?

1 Like

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Nahunger(m): 11:22am On May 22, 2023
Lol
Meta don collect 3 times
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Opportuneke(m): 11:22am On May 22, 2023
One thing for sure is that the white guys don’t joke with their details. Information is power.

Most of these tech guys can be working for politicians and once a nation’s cyber information is vulnerable, then that nation is susceptible to invasion.

The world 🌎 presently is vigilant and nobody wants to take chances considering what is presently happening in Ukrain.

So I don’t blame EU for taking steps to sanction the guy.

14 Likes

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by GeneralPula: 11:22am On May 22, 2023
Did Facebook really do that?
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by jchioma: 11:22am On May 22, 2023
Unfortunately, Africa have little or no say in what happens to their personal data on facebook storage sites and where it's taken to, or how it affects them. They can carry the data to hell and use for all they want. Who cares? I sometimes feel that if there is a book of life, it is the storage of billions of personal information on social media worldwide... What a treasure trove for "God" to source and mine from.

grin

8 Likes

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by SleekyP(m): 11:23am On May 22, 2023
No privacy at all....spy & trade our data angry

1 Like

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Vyreell(m): 11:23am On May 22, 2023
wink
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Dshocker(m): 11:23am On May 22, 2023
So who exactly owns the money that will paid as fine?

1 Like

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by SultanOfAbia: 11:23am On May 22, 2023
Obi should be fined $2 billion for accusing Tinubu of Drug Trafficking.

Where I come from as an Igbo man
You dare not accuse a person wrongly
And go Scott free.. I personally love peter obi but the man seriously fall my hand when he accused Tinubu of drug trafficking..

That you lost election don't mean that you lost your senses.
Obi should accept loss LIKE A MAN angry
A lion will accept defeat from a huge elephant and run dosen't mean he is not a lion.
I swear Obi fall my hand with all these stolen mandate crap.
Accept your loss and move on

2 Likes

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by BarrElChapo(m): 11:23am On May 22, 2023
Una go fine tire
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Adewale1603(m): 11:23am On May 22, 2023
Good for him
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Ilefoaye(m): 11:23am On May 22, 2023
E don happen
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by tucky200(m): 11:23am On May 22, 2023
This amount is too low.
Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Moniya4Real(m): 11:24am On May 22, 2023
Bunch of hypocrites! The same same thing the US have been accusing Tik Tok of , even though it’s unsubstantiated. But now this has been proved. No wonder the US is always at an advantage over every nation, even spying on their Allies . But western puppets won’t see anything wrong in it

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Pickmycall: 11:26am On May 22, 2023
SoftP:
Mark will recover that money within a week
How do you know? Are you his account manager?

2 Likes

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Pipefitter: 11:26am On May 22, 2023
englishmart:
I have a personal beef with Zuckerberg. The guy isn't a good businessman

Says a random internet guy

1 Like

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by mytime24(f): 11:28am On May 22, 2023
What of Africa servers angry
Nobody kuku send for africa
Everybody na O.Y.O

2 Likes

Re: Meta Fined $1.3 billion over transfer Of facebook's EU user Data To US Servers by Berankis: 11:29am On May 22, 2023
VikingKing:
Tinubu the druggie doesn't even know what Meta is. If you ask am now, e go say na "3" 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Dey play!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New 3000 Mah Battery For Infinix Hot 2 / How To Change Ur Java Phone Operator Logo To Ur Own Name / Cheapest MTN Call Tariff You Can't Afford To Miss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.