Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers (15078 Views)

Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by HonNL: 1:41pm On May 22, 2023
Lawmakers approved an amendment to Iran's Parliamentary Elections Law during a session of the parliament on Sunday.

The new measure will be added as the 12th provision of Article 30 in the Law.

Based on the new provision, Iranian nationals holding permanent residency in another country, as well those who possess or have acquired citizenship of another country, will not be eligible for parliamentary seats.

Lawmakers said the amendment is aimed at addressing concerns about dual loyalties and making sure that elected representatives have exclusive allegiance to the Islamic Republic of Iran.

In 2016, the Iranian parliament formed a special committee to investigate reports that a number of Iranian officials, including some MPs, were dual nationals or had permanent residency of other countries.

The parliament passed a bill in 2020, banning dual citizens from running for president in Iran.

SOURCE

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by Avast(m): 1:50pm On May 22, 2023
Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by taiwotimitt: 1:50pm On May 22, 2023
CORPORATE AFFAIRS COMMISSION REGISTRATION IS MADE EASY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by slawomir: 1:50pm On May 22, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Society that works

Same way tinubu should have been banned long time ago

The warey is claiming osun origin ...but lost osun...a ten year old can not lose their origin during election..even me a keyboard warrior, drunkard, weed smoker, gambler and pussy banger that got no business in politics can not lose uhunmwode local government area of Edo sate during election because that is my origin

Now he claims lagos and father of lagos still he lose lagos during election

Abuja way Apc and he people dey still he lose there also

163 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by hakym619(m): 1:50pm On May 22, 2023
ATTENTION 🥺🥺🥺

I'm really getting frustrated as i can't leverage my monthly earning yet. Any advise on passive income o can start earning from within 3 months given that I'm passionate?

Please don't pass me by. I NEED INPUTS

6 Likes

Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:50pm On May 22, 2023
cry
Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by NextPresido: 1:50pm On May 22, 2023
What about drug dealers from Guinea-Conakry? Abi na only Nigeria dey allow them run for office? grin grin

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by SpatialKing(m): 1:51pm On May 22, 2023
Wow...
Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by mariovito(m): 1:51pm On May 22, 2023
I wouldn't blame them.

Somehow, when you look at it critically, it's the right thing to do.

Issues and jobs that are very sensitive that deal with the life and livelihood of a nation I believe should be left exclusively for those who do not have a second home to run to should things go south. Or imagine having a president who swears allegiance to another flag? Oops...a country in the western part of Africa already has one.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by xpiranza88: 1:51pm On May 22, 2023
cool cool
Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by fixitbyjal(m): 1:51pm On May 22, 2023
grin
Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by jolomiurenyi(m): 1:51pm On May 22, 2023
d
Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by Timoleon(m): 1:51pm On May 22, 2023
Good move.

Renounce your allegiance to any other country to prove yourself worthy

8 Likes

Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by VikingKing: 1:51pm On May 22, 2023
This half-dead Guinean vegetable comes to mind

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by nairalanda1(m): 1:51pm On May 22, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Society that works

You won't want to live in Iran....

Nothing wrong with the law they are passing though.

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by fixitbyjal(m): 1:51pm On May 22, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Society that works

Shut up ozuor

16 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by evergreen9: 1:51pm On May 22, 2023
Common sense. You cannot serve two nations

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by datola: 1:51pm On May 22, 2023
Nice move

4 Likes

Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by Hambivert: 1:52pm On May 22, 2023
It does not matter how war torn, or blacklisted Iran is, Iran is still better than Nigeria.
In medicine, in Military, in technology, in oil and gas, in agriculture and even in governance they are better, but Nigerians would not agree. We are still blinded by our past sparogative glory.

Go to Iran and see Nigerians doing petty jobs for Iranians, then you may be forced to say that Nigeria don finish patapata

34 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by thesicilian: 1:52pm On May 22, 2023
I'm guessing Chimamanda and Ezekwesili will soon start writing letters to Iran to stop Tinubu's inauguration.

4 Likes

Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by ECASH120: 1:52pm On May 22, 2023
Peter Obi to commission Dangote Refinery

https://youtube.com/shorts/LtenpyuWZG8?feature=share
Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by Godwin4444: 1:52pm On May 22, 2023
This mod is just working too hard to satisfy d headless crew

Same man that move a topic cursing anyone that didn’t support obi to front page is same person that moved this to front page

If u like go n bring topic from mars, tinubu will rule u for good 8 years

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by inoki247: 1:52pm On May 22, 2023
Lol no escape route we die here...
Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by Angrymode: 1:53pm On May 22, 2023
This is how it's supposed to be. Most of our politicians have dual citizenship that's why they can afford to do anyhow with Nigeria. If Nigeria is our only hope and home, we will definitely act better.

Left for me, anyone with dual citizenship or previously held citizenship with another country should not hold any elective or sensitive position in this country. This should should be the 1.1 of our constitution. I kinda hate dual citizenship as it's reduces patriotism since people will always have the idea of jumping ship at the back of their mind.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by thesicilian: 1:54pm On May 22, 2023
evergreen9:
Common sense. You cannot serve two nations
What's common sense about that? If my father is British and my mother is Nigerian, I cannot serve in either of them because of the other? Meanwhile both will gladly collect my taxes? It's a stupid law at the time when the world is rapidly becoming a global village. Even the concept of visa restrictions for people with no records of crimes is abnormal.

6 Likes

Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by missionmex(m): 1:54pm On May 22, 2023
fuckJones:
ipob handle mop food is ready.

time for them to masturbate
Shameless thing

6 Likes

Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by Mccullum: 1:54pm On May 22, 2023
Iranian government does not want double patrioticism. Because they don't want espionage within their government.

Too security conscious for the best of their country.

106 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by Bahamas95(m): 1:54pm On May 22, 2023
I just hope Nigerian politicians can also be banned from medical tourism abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Iran Bans Politicians With Dual Citizenship From Becoming Lawmakers by bosschinalu(m): 1:54pm On May 22, 2023
Waiting on Nigeria

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amsterdam Trade Bank, A Subsidiary Of Russia Alfa Bank Declares Bankruptcy / Online Sale Of Bible Banned In China / Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.