Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote (25517 Views)

Falling Diesel Pump Price’ll Reduce Inflation, Says Dangote / Nigerian Economy Will Blossom, Says Dangote / Obasanjo Made Telecoms Business Thrive, Says Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 22, 2023
DenreleDave:

Lo grin

This one is looking for a way bail out, Ẹ dey shout ẹ pain am.

Mob, listen, me don pass level...

Ur boss the fraud giringory the ibo project will never rule..

Try another format again boy. U r new to nairaland, novice cheesy grin

Efulefu
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by Mom007(f): 9:44pm On May 22, 2023
So much noise. Nigerians are not wise. Actions speak louder than words. I would really be surprised if that refinery goes live come July... Really surprised
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by SlayQueenSlayer(m): 10:24pm On May 22, 2023
SalamRushdie:
I told y'all the refinery wasn't ready and that Buhari just put pressure on this man to do fake Launch so he can claim it as part of his failed administration achievement...I doubt the refinery can even start working in July , it's takes month to test the distillators and I don't think any of them have even been fired up yet ...Let Buhari and APC keep deceiving themselves

Nigerians are too emotional people. Reality don't care about feelings. I know for a fact that this commissioning was just superficial.

1 Like

Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by Yusufisraelj(m): 11:27pm On May 22, 2023
mortalincarnate:
So nice to hear

Where did these fake news mongers get the news that the refinery won’t start production until 2027?

There are lots of sides to it, firstly Buhari didn't give Dangote the $2billion or so he was seeking to complete some critical aspects of the project just last month, in order to halt further delays due to cash for completion they want to commission the part that's going to produce something to bring in more investment.

Truth is the project is far from operating at100% capacity, the cost is exceeding it's budget. Dangote wants to produce high octane fuel, it's processes doesn't come cheap. I pray God helps him to finish.
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by Phantom233: 11:29pm On May 22, 2023
winnah:
About the same time Dangote refinery was approved.. several other refineries was also given an approval. Akwa Ibom, Imo state, Delta and in rivers state.
when you folks talk about monopoly i wonder how.... Dangote is a visionary entrepreneur when you notice a problem, utilized it to your best advantage... BUA group also got license to build a refinery in Akwa Ibom, till date... Nothing has been done... so federal Government should do what for you....
we should stop this sense of entitlement, if you know how to get something from the government do it... it's not anybody's fault that you don't know how to play your card... Dangote, understand the game and he's playing it... he has paid his dues...

It's not about approval bro. Top businesses are done with political backings in Nigeria Else even big you have the facility the top shots will frustrate you via regulatory quotas, e.g there are several ports in Nigeria but it's almost inefficient. Akwaibom has over 100megawats of electricity which bus enough to power two states but it's still on darkness cos of federal laws which puts distribution of power on d exclusive list.
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by Yusufisraelj(m): 11:30pm On May 22, 2023
SalamRushdie:
I told y'all the refinery wasn't ready and that Buhari just put pressure on this man to do fake Launch so he can claim it as part of his failed administration achievement...I doubt the refinery can even start working in July , it's takes month to test the distillators and I don't think any of them have even been fired up yet ...Let Buhari and APC keep deceiving themselves

You think so? Find out bro.
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by Yusufisraelj(m): 11:32pm On May 22, 2023
Phantom233:

It's not about approval bro. Top businesses are done with political backings in Nigeria Else even big you have the facility the top shots will frustrate you via regulatory quotas, e.g there are several ports in Nigeria but it's almost inefficient. Akwaibom has over 100megawats of electricity which bus enough to power two states but it's still on darkness cos of federal laws which puts distribution of power on d exclusive list.

It's been decentralized my brother. Check.
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by Phantom233: 11:36pm On May 22, 2023
Yusufisraelj:

It's been decentralized my brother. Check.
that was few weeks ago. It will take years to be implemented,this is Nigeria.
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by Yusufisraelj(m): 11:55pm On May 22, 2023
Phantom233:
that was few weeks ago. It will take years to be implemented,this is Nigeria.

I quite agree.
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by ceejay80s(m): 4:44am On May 23, 2023
abhosts:
So why not launch with incoming President when it is ready?
I asked myself same question,
He wants his aboki brother to take glory for commissioning
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by Welcomme: 7:20am On May 23, 2023
denzel231:
I will not give kudos to dangote,he can't thrive in a level business playground, na monopolist. ..lastly,make we dey depend on one man now lol, I laf
Did Dangote stop others that were given licences to build a modular refinary ? Why blame Dangote? Government gave 20 licence, so far only Dangote has utilized his own
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by EasternPrince: 7:38am On May 23, 2023
johnjose68:

We i.pob are not happy with this news cool angry angry angry angry angry

Dot country migrant

😆😆😆
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by EmperorFred: 7:45am On May 23, 2023
Ijaya123:
Good news. But somethings what most people have not realised is that petrol from Dangote refinery will only be cheaper by about N17-N21 difference when he starts selling, which is the cost saved from landing cost, logistics and other importation charges.

In reality, when subsidy is removed, his petrol will only be cheaper by that margin considering the existing market realities.

Did you apply for a license to build a refinery and the government didn’t grant it?
Good morning, why is the government refusing to build just one functional one?
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by Ijaya123: 9:03am On May 23, 2023
EmperorFred:
Good morning, why is the government refusing to build just one functional one?

The government already have four underperforming ones.
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by Tundex911: 3:16pm On May 23, 2023
New administration

New refinery

9ja will be great again
Re: Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote by OldSkoolHeadBoy: 9:46am On Jun 01, 2023
Do you know the meaning of COMMISSIONING ? If you don't, commissioning of a technical facility like this is not just the ceremonial cutting of ribbons. What is going on now is the real commissioning, whereby the plant would be subjected to compartmentalized testing and then integrated testing of all the components together to ensure they would all function as one unit as designed. During this phase, a lot of things (bad) are likely to happen but they would be rectified or fine-tuned.

COMPREHENDE ?

Believeintruth:

So why then commission something that is not ready yet?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

COVID-19 Funds Scam: Lady's BVN Used In Collecting Nirsal Loan / Urgent! My Bank Account Has Been Frozen/blocked / Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.