Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel (37665 Views)

How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies / How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) / Adams Oshiomole Chased Away By Security At Presidential Inauguration (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by Bobloco: 8:46am On May 24, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

Except if Obi is Nigeria's President.

You are ruined all round irrespective of whether it is Peter Obi or not

2 Likes

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by BRIMBRAM: 8:49am On May 24, 2023
Bobloco:

You are ruined all round irrespective of whether it is Peter Obi or not

grin As e dey pain you e dey sweet us as e dey sweet us e dey pain you. grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by Bobloco: 8:52am On May 24, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

grin As e dey pain you e dey sweet us as e dey sweet us e dey pain you. grin

Why should I be pained that Tinubu is president elect

3 Likes

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by BRIMBRAM: 8:54am On May 24, 2023
Bobloco:

Why should I be pained that Tinubu is president elect

You are very happy that he is.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by phemmie06(m): 8:56am On May 24, 2023
They don't have foresight ni BTW is it Rivers that are yet to be free from their raised militants?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by honeyB2018: 8:57am On May 24, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Rivers state again. Smh.
Rivers state is not that liberal in things like this.

Ibifiri Bobmanuel, thank you. In one of my previous posts, I have said, that an investor is not interested in investing in a place where the peace of his investment, will be threatened. When the youths and people of Rivers and other Niger Delta areas, were flexing muscles under the name of militancy and oil, we told them, but the couldn't listen.
When the Northerners were using religion and culture to scare away investors, we said,they never listened. With all the arable land in their possession,no serious investor is looking towards that end.
The people of South East, under the guise of agitation for Biafra, are causing lots insecurity, making investment their, very difficult for big time investors. In the next 10-20 yrs, these agitators, will see the negative effect it will have on the economy of South East.
The people of Lagos State and South West, should be careful, the way,the treat non- Indigenes and potential investors. International community and investors are watching. Dangote is neither a Lagosian, nor a South Westerner, but look at the massive investment in Lagos. When you threaten non- Indigenes, you are threatening investors, no matter the class, every investor,no matter the class, has its contribution to both the IGR and employment within the region or state.
Therefore, Leaders in the South West, especially Lagos State, should be careful in their dealings with potential investors. Learn a lesson from what is happening in other regions.
Oil is been produced from the South-South, but headquarters of the multinationals are here in Lagos.
Think and act wisely.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by Angelfrost(m): 8:57am On May 24, 2023
If we're being honest... That refinery is safer in Lagos.

South-south youths and elders are not yet ready to be serious in life!

...But, why did they abandon the older refineries?!! Why make the sector a monopoly in the hands of Dangote?!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:58am On May 24, 2023
This entitlement mentality is always ruining ‘locals’ and makes them lazy

3 Likes

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by Sunshine34(m): 9:00am On May 24, 2023
All this community boys and king and local government in Nigeria have caused a lot of damages. They always demand for money from those who brings prosperity to their community. What a blind and uneducated people we have around.

9 Likes

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by forexprophet(m): 9:03am On May 24, 2023
It's like you are drunk this morning. Read what you wrote please after the kai- kai clears from your eyes later in the evening.

BRIMBRAM:

"Asiwaju of Nigeria" was how Dangote kept calling Buhari's successor who the people of Rivers State massively voted for in the last election.

The people of Rivers State know how to chase you to either fortunes or misfortune. As for Dangote, he is fortunate and he has the people of Rivers State to also thank for their thoughtful action.

But as for Peter Obi who Dangote did not even mention just once, grin and who the people of Rivers State chased out of the race into Aso Rock with their votes. I want to say, Rivers State will continue to be a great blessing to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by Mantilla(m): 9:03am On May 24, 2023
Not with Wike as governor.
Rivers people are always entitled

1 Like

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by bionixs: 9:05am On May 24, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

"Asiwaju of Nigeria" was how Dangote kept calling Buhari's successor who the people of Rivers State massively voted for in the last election.

The people of Rivers State know how to chase you to either fortunes or misfortune. As for Dangote, he is fortunate and he has the people of Rivers State to also thank for their thoughtful action.

But as for Peter Obi who Dangote did not even mention just once, grin and who the people of Rivers State chased out of the race into Aso Rock with their votes. I want to say, Rivers State will continue to be a great blessing to Nigeria.
how would those who has already taken and exhausted your destiny and that of your unborn children, mention your liberator.

Dangote, a man who has the capacity to build what your entire country that borrows money to him could not that is of no benefit to you , yet you don’t see anything wrong . It is your unborn I feel for

1 Like

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:05am On May 24, 2023
Nwaetche:
What do you know about Rivers State?

I keep saying that any Industrialist can locate his industry in anywhere he feels he can make profit with ease. However our government is not being sincere to the peculiar problems of the Niger Delta.

Have you ever pondered what the North or even the South West would say if a Gold Refinery or base metal refinery is sited in Port Harcourt, Yenegoa, Warri or Benin instead of the North West where these metals are mined.

Be truthful bro I know you have to stick your neck out there for your people but tell it as it is. Host communities aren’t always reasonable with their demands

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by dauddy97(m): 9:06am On May 24, 2023
Check my signature for your data analysis work us, UK students
Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by leisuretym: 9:07am On May 24, 2023
Nwaetche:

I keep saying that any Industrialist can locate his industry in anywhere he feels he can make profit with ease. However our government is not being sincere to the peculiar problems of the Niger Delta.

Have you ever pondered what the North or even the South West would say if a Gold Refinery or base metal refinery is sited in Port Harcourt, Yenegoa, Warri or Benin instead of the North West where these metals are mined.

You are out of line, is there any metal refinery in Osun, Kastina or elsewhere where gold are being mined in south west or north, are we saying we will not sell gold to buyer because they are not refining here? Were you not selling your crude oil before? Dangote May even choose not to buy crude oil from Nigeria, either he buy from us or not, he will pay for the crude oil wherever he’s getting his supplies from, you can also sell your crude to the highest bidder, this is business, don’t use emotional blackmail in business after chasing the man away with your demands.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by Sunshine34(m): 9:07am On May 24, 2023
Ibifiri Bobmanuel

thank you. In one of my previous posts, I have said, that an investor is not interested in investing in a place where the peace of his investment, will be threatened. When the youths and people of Rivers and other Niger Delta areas, were flexing muscles under the name of militancy and oil, we told them, but the couldn't listen.
When the Northerners were using religion and culture to scare away investors, we said,they never listened. With all the arable land in their possession,no serious investor is looking towards that end.
The people of South East, under the guise of agitation for Biafra, are causing lots insecurity, making investment their, very difficult for big time investors. In the next 10-20 yrs, these agitators, will see the negative effect it will have on the economy of South East.
The people of Lagos State and South West, should be careful, the way,the treat non- Indigenes and potential investors. International community and investors are watching. Dangote is neither a Lagosian, nor a South Westerner, but look at the massive investment in Lagos. When you threaten non- Indigenes, you are threatening investors, no matter the class, every investor,no matter the class, has its contribution to both the IGR and employment within the region or state.
Therefore, Leaders in the South West, especially Lagos State, should be careful in their dealings with potential investors. Learn a lesson from what is happening in other regions.
Oil is been produced from the South-South, but headquarters of the multinationals are here in Lagos.
Think and act wisely.

Hey kid stop ranting,who is threatening non-indigene. South West will never surrender to any chest beater or who ever is coming to claim their land. Respect your host wherever you are and nothing will happen to you. Mr Adviser.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by bionixs: 9:08am On May 24, 2023
Nwaetche:

you should have known that the guy you mentioned has no common sense, naturally .

Dangote my foot
Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by BRIMBRAM: 9:08am On May 24, 2023
bionixs:
how would those who has already taken and exhausted your destiny and that of your unborn children, mention your liberator.

Dangote, a man who has the capacity to build what your entire country that borrows money to him could not that is of no benefit to you , yet you don’t see anything wrong . It is your unborn I feel for

grin What a narrow perspective. grin

1 Like

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by BarrElChapo(m): 9:08am On May 24, 2023
Paretomaster1:

Very sad, same issue we face in d company I work with.

Touts in PH, all SE states, and Delta waylaying vehicles, beat-up drivers in the name of task force demanding hundreds of thousands of imaginary charges.

Anambra is the worse..

Peter Obi’s legacy but come to think of it no state has more touts than Lagos but the government has them under firm control.

4 Likes

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by Moneyyman: 9:08am On May 24, 2023
I hope this answers those insulting the government and Dangote for "building a refinery far from oil-producing states."

This government has her innumerable faults, but our state governments and citizens are also problematic

5 Likes

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by sonature1: 9:08am On May 24, 2023
Paretomaster1:

Touts in PH, all SE states, and Delta waylaying vehicles, beat-up drivers in the name of task force demanding hundreds of thousands of imaginary charges.

Anambra is the worse..

It happens everywhere in Southern Nigeria.

Touts even blocked parts of Lekki-Ajah Expressway collecting money from motorists.

Nigerians are terrible people.

4 Likes

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by Enemyofpeace: 9:11am On May 24, 2023
For the whole of Nigeria, na only south west get sense pass. No wonder that part of the country is God's own land, full of milk and honey wey everybody dey rush to and Igbo people come dey jealous us grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue

7 Likes

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by alizma: 9:11am On May 24, 2023
Common driving around in this Port Harcourt is an issue. The way they will rush you in their numbers to demand for tickets upon tickets, you will think you have armed robbers chasing you. Before you know it, they will forcefully take your car keys, while you are still trying to find out your offence, one of them will enter your vehicle and zoom off, the others will then tell you to join them in their vehicle to their camp where they will drain your pocket.
Things to know even when your papers are complete, never wind down when you approach a slow traffic area, if they eventually stop you, don't clear off the road easily because that makes it easier for them, most importantly, never hand over all your papers to them, asked them which particular paper that team is checking, then check your papers and show it to them that you have it, if you hand it over to them, they will act like they are passing it over to others to check and before you know it, one is removed and you will be told that you don't have that particular one.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by Centcanada: 9:11am On May 24, 2023
The corruption from the other side of the country is too too massive cos I no see the reason why a country cannot come together and stand a standard refinary to be functional for the sake of the masses but a single entity did it within a wake of 3 to 4years and and you said we are one Nigeria. I must say that some people just want the country to be one sided that's 2hy all these things are like this cos if it were an Easterner that built that refinary, the government and other bad belle will frustrate him not to complete it or better still, they will not give him the room to start it but look at a northern person single Handley did it without stress. We have a sharp long way to go for this country.

1 Like

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by faceLAGOS: 9:12am On May 24, 2023
I remember how they were harassing us for using scaffolding. They said they had an association of scaffolders.

1 Like

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by Konjiboii: 9:13am On May 24, 2023
I'm from the Niger Delta and I can categorically tell you that our people from that region are greedy and very short sighted, we have everything in abundance but a small percentage want it all to themselves and don't want to progress.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by Centcanada: 9:14am On May 24, 2023
The corruption from the other side of the country is too too massive cos I no see the reason why a country cannot come together and stand a standard refinary to be functional for the sake of the masses but a single entity did it within a wake of 3 to 4years and and you said we are one Nigeria. I must say that some people just want the country to be one sided that's 2hy all these things are like this cos if it were an Easterner that built that refinary, the government and other bad belle will frustrate him not to complete it or better still, they will not give him the room to start it but look at a northern person single Handley did it without stress. We have a sharp long way to go for this country. Like this if you believe on what I said, share if you did not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by Lvgirl: 9:14am On May 24, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/05/22/refineries-how-dangote-group-was-chased-away-from-rivers-bobmanuel/?amp=1

The same thing happened when he wanted to locate the refinery in Ogun state.
Then Gov Amosun never agree with him
He made huge personal demands from Dangote
Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by 9gerian: 9:16am On May 24, 2023
Wow! But Lagos is touted as worse because of agbero. shocked

Paretomaster1:

Anambra is the worse..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari At The AU Summit In Addis Ababa (Photos) / Between Kenneth Okonkwo Of LP And Festus Keyamo Of APC Defending Manifesto / Appointment Seekers Intensify Lobby, Follow Tinubu Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.