Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,335 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel (37673 Views)

How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies / How Dangote Group Is Affecting Kogi State (Video Documentary) / Adams Oshiomole Chased Away By Security At Presidential Inauguration (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by YoshihideSuga: 10:57am On May 24, 2023
Believeintruth:

Oga try and stop being dense in your analysis. There was a bill that all HQs of Oil companies should be in the region where the oil is extracted, who killed that Bill? Do you know the history why Oil companies sited their HQs in Lagos. In the 60s Shell started in Owerri with their HQ when oil was discovered in Oloibiri they moved to PH. During the War Gowon forced all oil companies to site their HQ to Lagos in a bid to monitor oil payments so that none goes to old eastern region. After the war it was only Agip that relocated their HQ to PH. If i go by your flawed logic, what about NLNG that relocated to PH and Bpnny from Lagos? have they been frustrated. The real problem is the deliberate policies by the Northern dominated FG. I recal it was during GEJs regime that NLNG was relocated to PH and i recall how Yorubas protested about it. That is the insincerity in your statements. Let FG be sincere and allow businesses move to where they have comparative advantage in terms of material logistics and watch what will happen to Lagos.

I recalled that too. They got so pained and started gaslighting that the exodus doesn't mean anything.

The country is too divided to move forward as a united force.

2 Likes

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by tshtsh: 11:02am On May 24, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

Even Yorubas were flogged when they went to vote because they "looked like Igbos".

That Lagos that an official led a protest with the slogan "My Lagos, not your Lagos"? The Lagos where a governorship candidate is called "Chinedu" by members of the state executive council.

That Lagos?
I’m not talking about politics talking about day-to-day living/working. What concerns a techie in a bank HQ or FinTech in Lagos with politics/elections ? You think Herbert wiggwe, Atedo Peterside, Tony Elumelu, Austin avuru, Mitchell & many others will make the kind of money they are making in Lagos in portharcourt without constant harassment + intimidation by the govt , the people and all ?

The average non-indigene in Lagos went there to work and make money. It’s not like rivers where almost everyone is entrenched in the activities of wike or amaechi

2 Likes

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by nairalanda1(m): 11:07am On May 24, 2023
Angelfrost:
If we're being honest... That refinery is safer in Lagos.

South-south youths and elders are not yet ready to be serious in life!

...But, why did they abandon the older refineries?!! Why make the sector a monopoly in the hands of Dangote?!!

The older refineries are being rehabilitated.

Plus the older refineries failed because subsidy makes domestic refining unsustainable
Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by Mercury12(m): 11:22am On May 24, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

Except if Obi is Nigeria's President.
but u know that is not possible😂 so you safe

2 Likes

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by coputa(m): 11:23am On May 24, 2023
Okwyjesus:
Hostility here is something else. Rivers people are destroying bussines here through their hostility. Even the Governor is not exempted

Warri should serve as a lesson to them
warri copied from Rivers state,I wonder why Rivers state hasn't collapsed like Warri.
Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by Anambra1stS0n: 11:27am On May 24, 2023
Paretomaster1:

Very sad, same issue we face in d company I work with.

Touts in PH, all SE states, and Delta waylaying vehicles, beat-up drivers in the name of task force demanding hundreds of thousands of imaginary charges.

Anambra is the worse..
Thunder locate you there for mentioning Anambra, anu can you compare your backward State with Anambra on investment

1 Like

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by coputa(m): 11:32am On May 24, 2023
nairalanda1:

The older refineries are being rehabilitated.

Plus the older refineries failed because subsidy makes domestic refining unsustainable
Subsidy is a scam,it did nothing to the refineries.

NNPC is on production sharing agreement with the major oil companies,so crude supply to the refineries is almost free.so What stops the government from sustaining these refineries;

corruption was at it's peak as NNPC has more than 20 bank accounts, which are personal accounts where stolen fund are funnel into.
Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by Anambra1stS0n: 11:34am On May 24, 2023
Paretomaster1:

Very sad, same issue we face in d company I work with.

Touts in PH, all SE states, and Delta waylaying vehicles, beat-up drivers in the name of task force demanding hundreds of thousands of imaginary charges.

Anambra is the worse..
Anu Lagos now is worst that omonile are frustrating innocent investors in Lagos this is recent survey

1 Like

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by nairalanda1(m): 11:34am On May 24, 2023
coputa:
Subsidy is a scam,it did nothing to the refineries.

NNPC is on production sharing agreement with the major oil companies,so crude supply to the refineries is almost free.so What stops the government from sustaining these refineries;

corruption was at it's peak as NNPC has more than 20 bank accounts, which are personal accounts where stolen fund are funnel into.

It did a lot to the refineries....it meant that fuel was not being sold at a profit. It also made NNPC reliant on government allowance, instead of its profits.

If there was no subsidy, the refineries would have worked very well...because any sabotage would have affected NNPC's bottom line.

Subsidy remained in place because most Nigerians like cheap fuel.
Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:45am On May 24, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Rivers state again. Smh.
Rivers state is not that liberal in things like this.

Join others like Alhaji Aliko Dangote,GCON, invest in Yorubaland. Take your investments away from unfriendly and hostile states and bring them with your talents to Lagos and other Yorubaland states.

Your investments will be safe and bring you great returns for as long as you do not hate us your Yoruba host and you do not dabble into our politics. Our land will not bless you if you live and do business in Yorubaland and hate us.

Our land is blessed and ready to host you, your family and your investments and bless only those who love us. You're just wasting your time and resources if you live and do business in Yorubaland but hate the Yoruba. Yorubaland will not bless you. If you hate us and live and do business in Yorubaland, the Yoruba will make your stay unbearable for you until you are forced to take your hatred and bigotry out of Yorubaland and return you back to where you came from empty handed.

Invest in Yorubaland today. Thank you.
God bless Nigeria for ever.
Check my signature for free stuffs!
you're a sick tribal bigot who doesn't hesitate to show his dirty hands

1 Like

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:51am On May 24, 2023
9gerian:
Wow! But Lagos is touted as worse because of agbero. shocked

I used to believe that too till I read reports of other regions and found out Lagos own na child's play.
Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by PROPEACE: 11:52am On May 24, 2023
seanfer:

If the states in those regions you mentioned are not reasonable with their demands the investor will move to where he/she is welcome. Here in Rivers State there are too many demands from LGAs, CDCs and community elders and youths.
Imagine the community elders blocking the entrance of an international company like Agip for days just because they feel that they are entitled to some money.
OPM had to stop the construction of free hospital and school the church was building in Okrika because the community were making unreasonable demands, they even gave the church 7 days ultimatum to provide their demands or leave the community.
Please tell me which serious investor will want to invest in such environment.
I know what the company I work for go through every month in the hands of community and LGA touts.

Guy are you serious about the OPM talk? The attitude of SS people is strange.

1 Like

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:58am On May 24, 2023
lokoloko84:
Thank you.The solution is to run all sectors of the economy in form of public private partnership while the government regulate them through the various ministries and agencies.
This will ensure efficiency and even creation of Jobs and revenue for the government in certain areas.

This is the way to go.

According to Femi Otedola: "This to me is a lesson that government cannot run any business and government should desist from trying to run any business."

2 Likes

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by EyenIbibio1: 12:00pm On May 24, 2023
After, they'll be running to the West in search for Job SMH
Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by Rebelutionary: 12:02pm On May 24, 2023
Nwaetche:
What do you know about Rivers State?

I keep saying that any Industrialist can locate his industry in anywhere he feels he can make profit with ease. However our government is not being sincere to the peculiar problems of the Niger Delta.

Have you ever pondered what the North or even the South West would say if a Gold Refinery or base metal refinery is sited in Port Harcourt, Yenegoa, Warri or Benin instead of the North West where these metals are mined.

Wow..You just keep making your ignorance bare even when you claim to be cosmopolitan in outlook! Na wao! Thank you @seanfer for schooling this fella who keeps littering this platform with his hooey!
Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by coputa(m): 12:08pm On May 24, 2023
zelnababa:
na Lagos dem go dey shuout up and down say e get agbero , the worst Tout in NIgeria are in Onitsha
Touts are all over Nigeria major cities collecting multiple taxes from motorist, investors and businesses the government is doing nothing about it.

The Agberos are ready tools to be used during election to snatch ballot boxes and cause commotion.

After the election,they turned nuisance in the streets, they are into all kinds of crimes,yet the government does nothing about it.

They've chased away major investors in the region including the multi nationals.
Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by kayusely70(m): 12:09pm On May 24, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Rivers state again. Smh.
Rivers state is not that liberal in things like this.

Join others like Alhaji Aliko Dangote,GCON, invest in Yorubaland. Take your investments away from unfriendly and hostile states and bring them with your talents to Lagos and other Yorubaland states.

Your investments will be safe and bring you great returns for as long as you do not hate us your Yoruba host and you do not dabble into our politics. Our land will not bless you if you live and do business in Yorubaland and hate us.

Our land is blessed and ready to host you, your family and your investments and bless only those who love us. You're just wasting your time and resources if you live and do business in Yorubaland but hate the Yoruba. Yorubaland will not bless you. If you hate us and live and do business in Yorubaland, the Yoruba will make your stay unbearable for you until you are forced to take your hatred and bigotry out of Yorubaland and return you back to where you came from empty handed.

Invest in Yorubaland today. Thank you.
God bless Nigeria for ever.
Check my signature for free stuffs!
My brother you've spoken very well and reasonably too! God bless you richly!

2 Likes

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by donborg(m): 12:13pm On May 24, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/05/22/refineries-how-dangote-group-was-chased-away-from-rivers-bobmanuel/?amp=1

Rivers state people are a sick people that are full of hate, are anti progressive, lazy and entitled.

They're the primary problem of Eastern Nigeria. A set of lazy sex crazed set of generational cultists, killers and fetish people. tufiakwa
Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by Johans2023: 12:17pm On May 24, 2023
BRIMBRAM:
"Asiwaju of Nigeria" was how Dangote kept calling Buhari's successor who the people of Rivers State massively voted for in the last election.

The people of Rivers State know how to chase you to either fortunes or misfortune. As for Dangote, he is fortunate and he has the people of Rivers State to also thank for their thoughtful action for chasing him to more fortunes.

But as for Peter Obi who Dangote did not even mention just once, grin and who the people of Rivers State chased out of the race ensuring that he and his Master Atiku do not get into Aso Rock with their votes. I want to say, Rivers State will continue to be a great blessing to Nigeria.

It is good to always support people who are born to always be successful in anything they touch, like Dangote like Tinubu, and not born failures like Atiku like Peter Obi.

Once again, thank you the People of Rivers state. Prosperity will be your reward. The kind of prosperity which is so abundant that those wishing to suffer for the next 4/8 years will not be ashamed to come and beg from you.
if Atiku and Peter Obi are failures then who is your father?
Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by SOSinNigeria: 12:22pm On May 24, 2023
PROPEACE:

Guy are you serious about the OPM talk? The attitude of SS people is strange.

Yes, it actually happened. In fact, it wasn't the first time they did it against OPM. Pastor Chinyere also built free hospital and school in Aluu, Ikwerre. The community kept harrassing them by demanding all manner of fees. Remember this is a philanthropic gesture for that community, yet they kept demanding money from someone already giving them free education and health care.

Something must be wrong with their reasoning.

3 Likes

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by Johans2023: 12:28pm On May 24, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

You are very happy that he is.
watch out on Friday 26th may anything can happen.
Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by 9jatriot(m): 12:49pm On May 24, 2023
Hope every intelligent person can now see why some of us rate Tinubu heads and shoulders above the other ordinary Nigerian politicians.

Most of the negative press against him including many of the lands that people claim to be his are all lies.

Some states in a bid to spite him now deliberately choose a bad leader so as not to choose his recommended one. The negative press against the man is too unfair.

1 Like

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by Babathanks(m): 1:24pm On May 24, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

Even Yorubas were flogged when they went to vote because they "looked like Igbos".

That Lagos that an official led a protest with the slogan "My Lagos, not your Lagos"? The Lagos where a governorship candidate is called "Chinedu" by members of the state executive council.

That Lagos?
Do you expect lagosian to vote for one chinedu that can’t speak a Yoruba and also said on national tv that he don’t think like a Yoruba?
You don’t know what intimidation is, I was born and brought up in kaduna. Come to kaduna and see real intimidation and persecution…….. what igbos are trying in lagos cannot be done by a non indigene in any state
Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by Babathanks(m): 1:30pm On May 24, 2023
tshtsh:

I’m not talking about politics talking about day-to-day living/working. What concerns a techie in a bank HQ or FinTech in Lagos with politics/elections ? You think Herbert wiggwe, Atedo Peterside, Tony Elumelu, Austin avuru, Mitchell & many others will make the kind of money they are making in Lagos in portharcourt without constant harassment + intimidation by the govt , the people and all ?

The average non-indigene in Lagos went there to work and make money. It’s not like rivers where almost everyone is entrenched in the activities of wike or amaechi
What an average Igbo man is concern about is for an Igbo man to be a governor of lagos state. I don’t know why they are obsessed with that state. I pray there obsessions will not lead to war in lagos one day

1 Like

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by HacheNoire: 1:31pm On May 24, 2023
Okwyjesus:
Hostility here is something else. Rivers people are destroying bussines here through their hostility. Even the Governor is not exempted

You are very informed!

Let me say the South-South in general. Those are the only places you have to pay heavily for doing “THEM” a favour.

Tell them you want to build a multinational hospital for them, and you will still pay them. It’s very funny but true.

They will tax you immensely for what is going to be beneficial to them.
Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by poyo(m): 1:39pm On May 24, 2023
Most of the South South youths are lazy, they mostly rely on settlements amd what the portion of money they will get from investors.l
Okwyjesus:

Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by Goldymafia: 1:46pm On May 24, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
it won't change the fact that you always dream to be one of us tongue tongue
God forbid I can never dream to be a bigot from a poor region, compare to my rich Niger delta so bless with good states...
Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by phiszo(m): 2:07pm On May 24, 2023
Anyone that has supervised a construction project in any of the oil and gas producing communities especially in Delta state can attest to this.
Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by thisisit: 2:17pm On May 24, 2023
ODUDUWA REPUBLIC IS SURE.... LOADING GRADUALLY
Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by BRIMBRAM: 2:21pm On May 24, 2023
Johans2023:
watch out on Friday 26th may anything can happen.

You mean two days to inauguration? Lol on a caseless case? grin
Re: Refineries: How Dangote Group Was Chased Away From Rivers – Bobmanuel by Enemyofpeace: 2:25pm On May 24, 2023
Goldymafia:
God forbid I can never dream to be a bigot from a poor region, compare to my rich Niger delta so bless with good states...
yinmu! Dey there dey jealous us. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Suhaila Zakzaky: El-Zakzaky Daughter Supported By Shiites, To Continue Protest / Army Confirms Joint Operation With Police In Orlu LG, Imo State To Root Out IPOB / Shuaibu Storms Edo North (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.