Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,949 members, 7,824,978 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? (9620 Views)

Girls! Do You Want A Smooth Face? Try An Avocado / Products You Really Regret Buying. / Girls Do You Shave Your Legs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by totorimi: 12:08pm On Nov 01, 2011
A naturally beautiful girl dont need no make up, it is those ugly ones that try to make up what they dont have by making up. When I see a lady the first thing I watch out for is the eyelashes the hair the face if i see loud make up on it i immediately know that she is not beautiful its makeup that is covering the ugliness.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by deavicky(m): 12:22pm On Nov 01, 2011
MAKE UP MAKE UP let's not go there, becos there is how girs look at it .It will take more than just words to stop them, or make them understands that the surf in is not really good on them.  I noticed that all women likes make up wether lite, thick or moderate. I'm not completely against it, it's just that personally i don't like. and i will prefer a lady without ''make up'' but where can i see such a lady?  they all use it. Any time you did not see it on any lady, does not mean she don't use it. it is either she is around or the one she applied has washed off.  

One day  a  friend of mine asked me, to him help him pick his girl from the airport, on getting there i saw her. I nearly left her  becos of the make up applied. every body was just looking at her so i came ashamed to be identify with her. she was just looking like a masquerade or something they want to serve the god's with. the next day morning when i saw her without those making i was amazed with the kind of beauty posses. so i started thinking, maybe we have a wrong perception on why the lady use it .maybe it is to make them look ugly not beautifull so that we can let them be. (stop chasing them)
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Fancier(f): 2:19pm On Nov 01, 2011
Nah, nah, nah, lemme be the judge, you cant be the defendant and the judge at the same time, which kind court be that one?

grin grin grin grin You never told me you are a lawyer, Guess i may need you as my makeup. tongue grin
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by AmakaG29(f): 3:42pm On Nov 01, 2011
Make up is fun. It can enhance natural beauty or give disadvantaged girls an even playing field. If you rely on it or become dependent on it, then you'll start to find yourself less attractive. I prefer for a man to meet me with no make up so he has a realistic sense of what I look like.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by PeeBee: 3:50pm On Nov 01, 2011
But what are you hiding? are you that ugly or too many skin diseases that you don't want the public seeing?

None of the above, i just feel good with it and make-up hides very little IMO. With the responses, I'm beginning to wonder what people define as "make-up"
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 01, 2011
I do not have issues with a well-made make up, in fact, I admire it on ladies, my problem is just that I'm not really good at it, so I just make do with my powder and lip gloss, but wheneva my best friend is around, she makes me up, especially my eye-brow and I always love it! cheesy
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by freshcvv(m): 10:58pm On Nov 01, 2011
PeeBee:

None of the above, i just feel good with it and make-up hides very little IMO. With the responses, I'm beginning to wonder what people define as "make-up"

Make up is that small small paints you women buy from small scale paints makers around the globe, you know what i mean, those small paints inside small tubes with small brushes you use in painting and drawing rainbows on una faces. that's what make up is to me.

to cut it short, make up is the younger brother or sister to costume wearing.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by freshcvv(m): 11:00pm On Nov 01, 2011
Fancier:

grin grin grin grin You never told me you are a lawyer, Guess i may need you as my makeup. tongue grin

lol, you wan use lawyer do make up? when last did you see a yam masquerade from okruwuju for Abia state? by the time you're through, even that Masquerade go win miss world before you.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by naijadot: 11:26pm On Nov 01, 2011
Make up is cool, it is every girls vanity,
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by pkv(m): 1:17am On Nov 02, 2011
bhusayor:

I do not have issues with a well-made make up, in fact, I admire it on ladies, my problem is just that I'm not really good at it, so I just make do with my powder and lip gloss, but wheneva my best friend is around, she makes me up, especially my eye-brow and I always love it! cheesy
mind hooking me up with her.i lyk dem artificial
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by minute(f): 2:52am On Nov 02, 2011
You believe in natural beauty? Oh, l didn't know. A little bit of makeup does help to look better.

I've been friends with women who can't even go to the corner shop without layers of makeup.

Some of them are prettier without the makeup, some look good either way, some of them, my

god, even with all the makeup they'd be better off investing in a paper bag.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Fancier(f): 11:21am On Nov 02, 2011
lol, you wan use lawyer do make up? when last did you see a yam masquerade from okruwuju for Abia state? by the time you're through, even that Masquerade go win miss world before you.

lol are you from Abia State cos i got no idea about Yam Masquerade, Any way i dont need make ups, don't know about the wedding day tongue tongue wink
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by uzoo: 11:48am On Nov 02, 2011
@freshcvv

another empty vessel on NL. mtcheeeeeeewww!
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 02, 2011
2buff:
The more you use makeup, the more your face is dependent on it.

Those who started out NOT using it growing up tend to have better natural skin.

I once did a play where I had to put on makeup everyday for just a week.
The day I stopped, my face started peeling. Glad that's long been fixed  embarassed

true story.

Tell them o. Makeup blocks pores, trapping them with dirt. Bumps/pimples form. To cover those bumps/pimples, some people use cover up and more makeup to hide it. It makes no sense to me. Vicious cycle. There's nothing better than a woman with clear, glowing skin in my opinion. At that point, any small makeup you use, maybe mascara or lip shine, will only enhance what is already there.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by FastDebrid: 2:54am On Nov 03, 2011
Natural beauty is the best.
But sometimes when events call for it especially if there is the presence of bright lights, makeup helps aid the paleness of the skin.
It helps in emphasizing the eyes or lips.
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Sunflowers(f): 7:41am On Nov 03, 2011
I'm 24-year-old,but I just made up only five times in my life,
Yeah, I know make up can make me more beautiful, BUT I just don't like to make up,
It let me feel very uncomfortable,
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by deavicky(m): 9:25am On Nov 03, 2011
I'm 24-year-old,but I just made up only five times in my life,
Yeah, I know make up can make me more beautiful, BUT I just don't like to make up,
It let me feel very uncomfortable,

why your age?
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by alicabacon: 11:41am On Nov 03, 2011
i hate make up on daily bases
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by achukwunet(f): 3:36am On Nov 04, 2011
Guardian:

ONLY UGLY Women need MAKEUP.

SADLLY Quite a number of 9aija women are.

The one that amuses me the most is the eyelash one waoooh some look like special breed of CATS !!smiley)

Other get their eye lids glued together in the process.

Naija Women Are NOT UGLY! We have the prettiest girls in the whole of Africa
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by DaDoctor: 2:55pm On Dec 01, 2011
achukwunet:

U DON RUN GO UPLOAD YAH PIX ABI NA SOMEONE ELSE OWN.

ANYWAY, THE JUDGES RULE AS FOLLOWS;
LOOKING AT THE FACE YOU SCORE 70%-A
LOOKING AT THE BOMBER(BREA/ST) YOU SCORE 12.2%-F9
DELINEATING THE BOTTOM YOU WUD SCORE SAY 25%-F9 AGAIN?

SO NO BE ONLY FINE FACE WEY WANT.

YOUR CUMMULATIVE GPA IS 2,11, YOU HAVE TO DROP OUT , NO BOMBER, NO DEFENCE(IE NO MAN CHESTER AND NO ARSENAL)
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 01, 2011
Da Doctor:

YOUR CUMMULATIVE GPA IS 2,11, YOU HAVE TO DROP OUT , NO BOMBER, NO DEFENCE(IE NO MAN CHESTER AND NO ARSENAL)

You dey judge person when you never throwe pic put for here yet?  cheesy
Put am make we see your grey/balding hair and pot belly  grin . . . . . . sir  tongue (I know una like title wella well. Make I add Chief and Dr on top?)

@achukwunet  kiss
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Jenifa1: 1:38am On Dec 02, 2011
achukwunet:

nice profile pic
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by achukwunet(f): 7:43am On Dec 02, 2011
Da Doctor:

@2Buff
I agree who are you to criticize my profile picture yet you don't have one? Are you THAT embarassed of your looks? If thats the case don't talk about mine
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by DaDoctor: 4:35pm On Dec 02, 2011
achukwunet:

@2Buff
I agree who are you to criticize my profile picture yet you don't have one? Are you THAT embarassed of your looks? If thats the case don't talk about mine

LMAO. I cant upload my pix here. why? bicos of sai. una no go let me rest. More over me no wan disturbance. me don teeeeey for marriage. the temptation of student reach me. i no want more. no be me say make God bless me with handomeness and education. LMAO

@2BUFF. If i catch u ehnnnn, u want make all these samll gals begin follow sugar daddy? me no want cos confuzionzzz
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by achukwunet(f): 10:10pm On Dec 02, 2011
Da Doctor:

LMAO. I cant upload my pix here. why? bicos of sai. una no go let me rest. More over me no wan disturbance. me don teeeeey for marriage. the temptation of student reach me. i no want more. no be me say make God bless me with handomeness and education. LMAO

@2BUFF. If i catch u ehnnnn, u want make all these samll gals begin follow sugar daddy? me no want cos confuzionzzz

Then shut up and stopcoticizing my pictures. At least I have the balls to upload my picture. By the way in which youspeak you probably aren't as handsome as you think
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 02, 2011
Aww I just wanna pinch her cheeks grin
So cute
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by achukwunet(f): 12:20am On Dec 03, 2011
2buff:

Aww I just wanna pinch her cheeks grin
So cute

my cheeks aren't pinchable, Just sayig. Lol
Re: Girls: Do You Really Need Makeup? by crislyn(f): 9:09am On Aug 09, 2012
emofine: I don't wear make up but not because I'm trying to campaign for natural beauty just that I can't be bothered, I feel I'll be late to places than I'm already am with that self-inflicted task.
I like dat, dats me too I cant jst be bothered

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls Advice!!! Which Cream Do I Rub To Maintain My Dark Skin Colour... / (pics) : Tonto Dikeh Pees On Herself. / Pro 10 Hair Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.