Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

What Is That Thing You Bought Or Project That Really Shook Your Bank Account? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is That Thing You Bought Or Project That Really Shook Your Bank Account? (14275 Views)

Countries Where Coca-cola Is Not Allowed To Be Bought Or Sold / Name That Thing(s) You Bought And Later Regret Buying. / Need A Private Equity Investors For A On-demand APP Project That Will Soon Blow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is That Thing You Bought Or Project That Really Shook Your Bank Account? by Kobicove(m): 9:39pm On May 31, 2023
theamazonguru:

Same sentiment here.
Even in Rivers state where things are expensive, with 20m you will build a 4 bedroom duplex.

Well we don't know the details sha
Perhaps the site engineer feasted on him.

Mr man there is no place in Nigeria where 20million will build you a 4 bedroom duplex in 2023!
Re: What Is That Thing You Bought Or Project That Really Shook Your Bank Account? by Kobicove(m): 9:42pm On May 31, 2023
PECON1:
I use them to save money and it's my undoing, no one knows when the app will work again that is if it will work.

You life savings or any serious money you have is best saved in a standard commercial bank not all these unstructured savings companies that have no regard for corporate governance! undecided
Re: What Is That Thing You Bought Or Project That Really Shook Your Bank Account? by PECON1(m): 9:44pm On May 31, 2023
Kobicove:

You life savings or any serious money you have is best saved in a standard commercial bank not all these unstructured savings companies that have no regard for corporate governance! undecided
I have started buying airtime with the funds
The rate is 20percent.bought 100k worth of airtime at 80k and resold for cash.wetin man go do, that eyowo bank isn't coming back again so I rather use the remaining funds to aquire enough airtime and sell
Re: What Is That Thing You Bought Or Project That Really Shook Your Bank Account? by osuolale95(m): 12:18am On Jun 01, 2023
PECON1:
I have started buying airtime with the funds
The rate is 20percent.bought 100k worth of airtime at 80k and resold for cash.wetin man go do, that eyowo bank isn't coming back again so I rather use the remaining funds to aquire enough airtime and sell

Can you give a link please
Re: What Is That Thing You Bought Or Project That Really Shook Your Bank Account? by theamazonguru(m): 9:29pm On Jun 01, 2023
Kobicove:

Mr man there is no place in Nigeria where 20million will build you a 4 bedroom duplex in 2023!

Smiles.
Whenever you are in Portharcourt let me know. I will invite you over to the one God blessed us with.
Re: What Is That Thing You Bought Or Project That Really Shook Your Bank Account? by Oracleee: 10:15pm On Jun 05, 2023
hefelove:

I love the fact that Mumcy goes any length to support you financially.

That's the definition of family to me. A pity marriage kinda ostracized my eldest sister but me and my first wife (mum) na bread and Nutella. Funny thing as I'm typing this she just sent me list of her monthly needs. She wise pass devil as she will collect it in cash from myself and other siblings.
Re: What Is That Thing You Bought Or Project That Really Shook Your Bank Account? by hefelove(m): 6:39am On Jun 06, 2023
Oracleee:

That's the definition of family to me. A pity marriage kinda ostracized my eldest sister but me and my first wife (mum) na bread and Nutella. Funny thing as I'm typing this she just sent me list of her monthly needs. She wise pass devil as she will collect it in cash from myself and other siblings.
She has done her path all these years, but now it’s the turn of you and your siblings to take care of her
Re: What Is That Thing You Bought Or Project That Really Shook Your Bank Account? by hefelove(m): 6:43am On Jun 06, 2023
Kobicove:

Dey play, I think like 4years ago, my friend that served in kastina said he saw new houses of 3bed that goes for 45k yearly
Re: What Is That Thing You Bought Or Project That Really Shook Your Bank Account? by Kobicove(m): 8:49am On Jun 06, 2023
hefelove:

Dey play, I think like 4years ago, my friend that served in kastina said he saw new houses of 3bed that goes for 45k yearly

Forget about what your cousin told you 4 years ago we are in the year 2023! undecided

Have you ever built a house before in your life, if you have not then keep quiet you know nothing about this topic
Re: What Is That Thing You Bought Or Project That Really Shook Your Bank Account? by KingAzubuike(f): 7:57pm On Jul 17, 2023
Sirchiboy:
One of my plans this year was to setup a business.
Set up a barbing saloon but ended up regretting it.
Imagine my barber telling me that he worked N150 on Saturday.
I have to lockup the shop.
Just planning to sell off the shop

Lol you open barbing salon put person there make e dey run am for you? That's unwise.
Re: What Is That Thing You Bought Or Project That Really Shook Your Bank Account? by Goalnaldo(m): 10:48pm On Jul 17, 2023
Oracleee:

I have alot but 2 major instances.

I was young and naive and my mum was like I needed to start planning my live etc. I was in my early 20s but I was blessed.

So I saw this house for 35m, it was a perfect bungalow in ibadan in a very descent area if not the best estate till now. Business was booming so I decided to follow mamas advise that you ain't getting younger do a capital project. I had like 25m as per total worth, and I'm like make I shook head. Na so I follow the agent talk before you know mumcee Don Carry me enter her association to collect 5m loan she also had 5m for me. Within month I paid almost 45m. 10 percent to my lawyer 10 percent to the agent and some other land use act then. Oboy for months I didn't recover. Na that time business no come like before. Where I dey make money again I got transferred out. I wan die. I was using my salary to service like 2 different loans still it wasn't enough. My personal business no dey move. As in ehnnnn.

Las Las after almost a year I recovered but not after becoming wiser. The lesson I learnt is don't rush into buying personal properties. If it's for business, go ahead but invest before planning. This days the house just dey there. I'm not married, my fiancee no even dey within arms reach. I fit no reach the house in 6month. It was really not worth it. If I invested the money into business as at then, chances are I would have doubled it within that period and by now I for even buy better and bigger house

2nd was when I got my an hotel. Some 2 years ago. I was already in my mid 20s. Na so person talk am for my mum ear hotel business dey sell and even showed her one for sale somewhere in the Southwest. Being the only guy mumcee called and did everything possible to sell the idea. She even called my fiancee who is abroad and told her I'm being intrasigent. As I had my eye in another sector for investment and my japa. Las Las I took the idea as per hotel no dey short. Price was 50m. We begged till 38m and I'm to pay twice. Mumee loaned me quarter of it as she will be using the big supermart beside the gate to make money. We Sha buy. It's being two years now and have not recovered. Sure hotel business dey pay as no how no how people go do short time and drink beer + buy for their banny. But nepa bill alone ehnnnnnnn. No regret on this Sha as within 3 years I should be able to get the capital back.
rich kid
Re: What Is That Thing You Bought Or Project That Really Shook Your Bank Account? by FuckHomophobes: 4:43pm On Jul 18, 2023
Styluss:
I remember mine too, I bout USDT sometimes around november last year, I bought 1m worth at 753. The dip happend and I sold for 690. I lost over 140K within 2 days. its pathetic. Now I have 0USDT in my binance

Imagine having now
Re: What Is That Thing You Bought Or Project That Really Shook Your Bank Account? by Styluss: 5:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
I cant imagine anything, I still prefer to have that money in my bank. I cant have high BP please
The pressure almost killed me
FuckHomophobes:

Imagine having now
Re: What Is That Thing You Bought Or Project That Really Shook Your Bank Account? by FuckHomophobes: 7:22pm On Jul 18, 2023
Styluss:
I cant imagine anything, I still prefer to have that money in my bank. I cant have high BP please
The pressure almost killed me

😂 I understand the fear sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kiva: A Place To Borrow Money / CBN Allows New Businesses Borrow From N220bn MSME Fund / Oil Price Drops To $49 A Barrel As Nigeria’s Output Rises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.