Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) (20172 Views)

1HP TO 1.5HP LG DUAL HISENSE EXPERT THERMOCOOL GENPAL INVERTER AIR CONDITIONER / SOLD 1.5HP INVERTER AIR CONDITIONERS | 2HP SCANFROST |PERFECTLY WORKING SOLD / Lg 2hp Split AC For Sale Price 85k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) by Bloomberriez: 9:05pm On May 24, 2023
I attached a picture of the outdoor unit of an LG 2hp. Look at the top corner where they wrote Model- it is 11 character long. Every character means something.
But the 5th and 6th character is what tells you the horsepower. This one says 18 which means 2hp. 12 means 1.5hp. 9 means 1hp. You can also get this information from the carton and on the right side of indoor unit. Leave a comment if you have another question smiley
If you want to get an AC, send a WhatsApp message to 08188159701. Office address is 71, Simpson street yaba lagos

5 Likes

Re: How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) by aieromon(m): 8:04am On May 25, 2023
Bloomberriez:
I attached a picture of the outdoor unit of an LG 2hp. Look at the top corner where they wrote Model- it is 11 character long. Every character means something.
But the 5th and 6th character is what tells you the horsepower. This one says 18 which means 2hp. 12 means 1.5hp. 9 means 1hp. You can also get this information from the carton and on the right side of indoor unit. Leave a comment if you have another question smiley
If you want to get an AC, send a WhatsApp message to 08188159701. Office address is 71, Simpson street yaba lagos

It has nothing to do with the model number of the unit.

The compressor capacity is usually expressed in British Thermal Unit per hour (BTU/h) or mechanical horsepower (HP) or tonne of refrigeration (TR).

9,000 BTU/h ---> 1HP
15,000 BTU/h ---> 1.5 HP
18,000 BTU/h ---> 2 HP

Some AC manufacturers display the power consumption of the unit. All you need to do is convert the Wattage to Horsepower.

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) by GIDIBANKZ(m): 8:19am On May 25, 2023
What is the MEANING IF THE HORSE POWER
Re: How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) by aieromon(m): 8:22am On May 25, 2023
GIDIBANKZ:

Power rating of the compressor.
Re: How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) by Bloomberriez: 11:20am On May 25, 2023
My aim is to make it simpler for people. I don’t know your aim. Someone who has a job or is busy doesn’t have the time or Interest to go in-depth because of AC.

You could have simply created your own post or even at least sound like to have respect for people.

Well, I hope you doing okay.
aieromon:

The compressor capacity is usually expressed in British Thermal Unit per hour (BTU/h) or mechanical horsepower (HP) or tonne of refrigeration (TR).

9,000 BTU/h ---> 1HP
15,000 BTU/h ---> 1.5 HP
18,000 BTU/h ---> 2 HP

Some AC manufacturers display the power consumption of the unit. All you need to do is convert the Wattage to Horsepower.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) by Bloomberriez: 11:24am On May 25, 2023
Let’s say someone walks into a showroom and they want to quickly tell which hp is 1 or 1.5. They should pull out this list or start calculating?

I don’t know if you do business but there are some of us that want to make this very simple for our customers.
You cannot say the method I gave them is wrong because it’s correct.
aieromon:

9,000 BTU/h ---> 1HP
15,000 BTU/h ---> 1.5 HP
18,000 BTU/h ---> 2 HP

1 Like

Re: How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) by Bloomberriez: 11:27am On May 25, 2023
I’m simple terms, horse power is the capacity of an AC. So a 1hp tells you it has smaller capacity than a 1.5hp and 2hp. A 1hp is okay for smaller spaces like averaged sized rooms. 1.5hp for much bigger spaces like sitting rooms.
GIDIBANKZ:
Re: How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) by aieromon(m): 11:35am On May 25, 2023
Bloomberriez:
Let’s say someone walks into a showroom and they want to quickly tell which hp is 1 or 1.5. They should pull out this list or start calculating?

I don’t know if you do business but there are some of us that want to make this very simple for our customers.
You cannot say the method I gave them is wrong because it’s correct.

Your method has no logical foundation.

Re: How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) by GIDIBANKZ(m): 6:42pm On May 25, 2023
Bloomberriez:
I’m simple terms, horse power is the capacity of an AC. So a 1hp tells you it has smaller capacity than a 1.5hp and 2hp. A 1hp is okay for smaller spaces like averaged sized rooms. 1.5hp for much bigger spaces like sitting rooms.

How much is 1.5hp inverter
Re: How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) by Bloomberriez: 6:45am On May 26, 2023
Kindly send a WhatsApp message to 08188159701 let’s chat.
If you want an Inverter or a NonInverter, if you want LG, hisense, Panasonic, etc. Send a message
Re: How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) by initiate: 9:46am On May 26, 2023
what's the is technical difference between inverter ac and the regular one apart from the price and the adaptability to inverter
secondly which brand of inverter ac is more durable
Re: How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) by Bloomberriez: 1:58pm On May 26, 2023
I’ll start with the first question. It’s between Panasonic and LG Dual inverter AC. Between this 2 it’s a matter of your budget.

A difference between inverter and NonInverter is the fact that Inverter consumes less energy than NonInverter AC. This happens because the compressor of an inverter AC can regulate itself instead of going off and coming back on like the NonInverter AC. Send a WhatsApp message to 08188159701 let’s talk more.
initiate:
what's the is technical difference between inverter ac and the regular one apart from the price and the adaptability to inverter
secondly which brand of inverter ac is more durable
Re: How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) by Bloomberriez: 9:39am On May 29, 2023
God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬 🙏🏾
Re: How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) by petergrove(m): 1:07pm On Mar 05
Did you read any blog related to this? I think quora or reddit type forums will offer you a better solution.
Re: How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) by Oluwaexcel1270(m): 7:50pm On Mar 07
Please how many hp is this Panasonic AC

Re: How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) by aieromon(m): 1:57pm On Mar 08
Oluwaexcel1270:
Please how many hp is this Panasonic AC

1.5HP.

The design is outdated and will be power-hungry.
Re: How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) by PaulH07: 12:06am On Mar 28
aieromon:

1.5HP.

The design is outdated and will be power-hungry.

how were you able to read it from the jargons written there?
Re: How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) by aieromon(m): 6:54am On Mar 28
PaulH07:

how were you able to read it from the jargons written there?

Searched for the model number online.
Re: How To Know If An Air Conditioner Is 1hp, 1.5hp And 2hp (Pics available) by TheDavedavid: 10:30pm On Apr 04

(1) (Reply)

Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? / How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu / Sexual Abuse And Our Children. Signs To Watch Out For.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.