Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,555 members, 7,819,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians (31364 Views)

Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos / FG Approves Banks To Issue NIN Card To Nigerians / FG Orders Banks To Open From Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by simfrost90210: 9:55am On May 25, 2023
grin grin ọdikwamma
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by Goalnaldo(m): 9:56am On May 25, 2023
I dont like the idea. So when people ask of your nin, they can memorize your 16 abi 12 digit debit card number. A separate card should be issued please.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by sterlingD(m): 9:57am On May 25, 2023
Dynamiceagle:
What stops NIMC from printing their own card ? It should not be rocket science na
There is one that NIMC is giving out it is like an ATM card with expiry date.l wonder why not continue with it and also mandate NIMC to ensure that every Nigerian has it or collects it as the case maybe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by Cutehector(m): 9:57am On May 25, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
One Card that contains your biometric data as well as your wealth.

Are you pondering what I am pondering?
fraudsters will finish the money
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by akin9ja78(m): 9:59am On May 25, 2023
Must you try to gain nonsense point. You are stup!d stop capping

ponlear:
- Bankers will monetize this
- You will queue to get it even after you pay
- It will become a scares commodity
- When you finally get one
- Police will use the card to extort you
- And if by chance you misplace it, all your funds will be lost not just on that account but everywhere!

This I have seen

Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by Nahunger(m): 9:59am On May 25, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Scammers are now salivating
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by frog12: 10:00am On May 25, 2023
it is wrong to have a DULLARD as a leader. this man cannot order banks and to use this as a DEBIT card

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by AngelicBeing: 10:01am On May 25, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/
This is very stupid in all sense of it.

NIN should be very confidential...more than ATM pin.

/

Welcome to Nigeria and Buhari, The Harvard Graduate of Macroeconomics and Financial Management obtained from Harvard University of Katsina, dishing out last minute Suya and onions dead economic policies shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by geladinho1(m): 10:03am On May 25, 2023
siraj1402:
In fact all banks should come together and have a single card. This is possible when you are operating like 4 banks, it can be programmed in such a way that when you inserted it into the ATM, it will first ask you which of the bank you want to operate on. That is when we can have the NIN on it so has not to be having a multiple cards.
Am with you on this. Wisdom
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by Iko5000: 10:06am On May 25, 2023
yep, I big no no for me .
TheBillyonaire:

Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by InvertedHammer: 10:11am On May 25, 2023
AngelicBeing:

Welcome to Nigeria and Buhari, The Harvard Graduate of Macroeconomics and Financial Management obtained from Harvard University of Katsina, dishing out last minute Suya and onions dead economic policies shocked
/

Imagine putting SSN on a debit/credit card.
Every scammer's fantasy.

/
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by Jeffyblaq(m): 10:14am On May 25, 2023
The so called national assembly representing themselves could not even profer any solution to any national issues..

Why the fvck are they being paid ☹️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by NinjaMetahuman: 10:14am On May 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This is a brilliant idea! Some schools actually have ID cards with multipurpose use so Banks can do same .

I do not support it being on MasterCard or Visa card that are foreign owned companies. This is so that we can protect the data of Nigerians from being warehoused by foreigners and foreign countries. It should be on the national domestic debit card CBN recently approved with the Bankers Committee and not Visa or Mastercard. .
Check my signature for free stuffs!
exactly.

But our datas are already with those companies through bvn etc.

So we are already having our data shipped to foreign governments anyways.
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by NinjaMetahuman: 10:18am On May 25, 2023
Rebuker:
I hope they do. One question, if I have an account with more than 4 banks, can I request each of the banks to print out NIN Card for me? 🤷‍♂️🤓

Abeg make una just print our NiN card separately for us jeje🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️

you can

But what difference does it make?

You can have 1 national id card or 100 id card copies.

It still the same thing.
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 10:21am On May 25, 2023
Nice development
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by Bfly: 10:21am On May 25, 2023
Dish it out to politicians first and monitor their finance. This is not our problem.
Nigerian government is always shifting responsibility.
Since 2014 they could not issue a plastic card but they know how to easily collect tax.
The way they command private sectors and put national responsibility on them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by charlypoker(m): 10:25am On May 25, 2023
At no extra cost? As if banks will obey
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by REALretep(m): 10:26am On May 25, 2023
siraj1402:
In fact all banks should come together and have a single card. This is possible when you are operating like 4 banks, it can be programmed in such a way that when you inserted it into the ATM, it will first ask you which of the bank you want to operate on. That is when we can have the NIN on it so has not to be having a multiple cards.
Good idea but the risks inherent are too grave.
In the event of a security breach, a thief or fraudster can wipe out the entire funds of an individual in all the banks.
Better to maintain this multiple card system than a unified card system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by blueAgent(m): 10:27am On May 25, 2023
Useless idea.

Is not the work of the government to issue NIN card?

What has NIN card got to do with ATM cards?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by JOemmy(m): 10:33am On May 25, 2023
Banks will definitely be charging people to get that nin/atm card telling nigerians that they will be getting it at no cost it's definitely not true. Nothing is free in nigeria I tried getting a physical nin card last week from the nimc app I paid the #1200.63 i was asked to pay before I can get the printed nin card but they refused to confirm my payment after a week I contacted their support but no response till date.
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by blueAgent(m): 10:33am On May 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This is a brilliant idea! Some schools actually have ID cards with multipurpose use so Banks can do same .

I do not support it being on MasterCard or Visa card that are foreign owned companies. This is so that we can protect the data of Nigerians from being warehoused by foreigners and foreign countries. It should be on the national domestic debit card CBN recently approved with the Bankers Committee and not Visa or Mastercard. .

Bla bla bla.

Very useless idea from a useless government.

As if without mastercard and Visa card, Nigeria would have ever thought of or invented Card paying system!!!!
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by LOVEGINO(m): 10:33am On May 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

wetin dem wan use una data do?
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by coputa(m): 10:35am On May 25, 2023
Acekidc4:
Now that's what i call good Thinking.......... Movement wey make Sense............ Unlike one Idiot called Emefiele who use his Destiny do Rubbish all in the name of Punishing his Generations.

POLICE: Show me your ID Card, ah your ID Card is also your ATM Card, Oga Drop Something before you go.

ME: No ATM around here sir.

POLICE: no worry ah get Pos, Oya put am put am.
Emefiele was used by Buhari and his cabals,he had no choice.ATM expires every two years,so what happens to that card that doubles as your national identity card.
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by JOemmy(m): 10:38am On May 25, 2023
neoclassical:
This is very risky. So when you are asked to submit a photocopy of your National ID card automatically, you are submitting your ATM card serial number, expiry date and every other detail. Hmmm

That will definitely not be a good idea am sure they will be security measures to protect our details.
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by Nobody: 10:39am On May 25, 2023
Acekidc4:
Now that's what i call good Thinking.......... Movement wey make Sense............ Unlike one Idiot called Emefiele who use his Destiny do Rubbish all in the name of Punishing his Generations.

POLICE: Show me your ID Card, ah your ID Card is also your ATM Card, Oga Drop Something before you go.

Too much sense grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by orisa37: 10:42am On May 25, 2023
Banks Can Now Issue NIN Cards To NIGERIANS.
RIGHT. SO SCRAP PANTAMI.
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by thaoriginator: 10:45am On May 25, 2023
Please they should also let it come with 50-100k giveaway.. Buhari you can do it 😢
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by Ykc2(m): 10:52am On May 25, 2023
Acekidc4:

you people just mumu with keke sense how do you think emefiele will take that decisions without buhari giving him order to do so,how do you think rotimi amechi minister of transportation will build railway from nigeria to niger republic without buhari commanding him to do so,why do nigerian army don't want to disarm fulani herdsmen?your guess is as good as mone
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by youngzeal1: 10:56am On May 25, 2023
What are doing with another I.D ehh,, we already have international passport, driver’s license, voters card, we dont need to carry another I.D .. what we need is the basic amenities that we NIGERIANS
Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by baralatie(m): 11:00am On May 25, 2023
Rebuker:
I hope they do. One question, if I have an account with more than 4 banks, can I request each of the banks to print out NIN Card for me? 🤷‍♂️🤓

Abeg make una just print our NiN card separately for us jeje🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♂️

Your nin number is connected to all your bank accts.
So it is only one nin card that will be issued I think

1 Like

Re: Buhari orders banks to issue NIN cards to Nigerians by baralatie(m): 11:01am On May 25, 2023
youngzeal1:
What are doing with another I.D ehh,, we already have international passport, driver’s license, voters card, we dont need to carry another I.D .. what we need is the basic amenities that we NIGERIANS
Nimc was supposed to issue the permeant national identity card but has refused

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Crowd Waits For President Buhari In Anambra (Photos) / Dino Malaye Shows Off His Sons In New Adorable Photo / 3 IPOB Native Doctors Flee As One Gets Beheaded Over "Fake Charms"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.