Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 (48656 Views)

Brighton Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 29th October 2022 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 0) On 11th August 2019 / Watford Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 5th February 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by lexy2014: 6:20am On May 26, 2023
Veezy4u:
Guardiola is very good but he's fvckn overrated if him Sabi make him use average squad like d nonsense united have n succeed, just so you know Ederson,walker, akanji, Dias, stones, Rodri, Gundogan, kdb, grealish/foden, Bernardo, Mahrez,Haaland, Alvarez were All BOUGHT 😏 that's the entire team. Can you compare with any EPL squad?

If you say "he is very good", how come you still now say him no Sabi?
Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by BenzEne1(m): 6:21am On May 26, 2023
Blake755:
We decided to show loserpool how Wednesday Match is been played 😂😂

We've played Thursday football before. It's no big deal. We've still won both the UCL and UEL more than any other team in England. Put some respect...
Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by nick50(m): 6:21am On May 26, 2023
The greedy and criminal minded British government should return the club to the rightful owner(Roman abramovich) if they want Chelsea to survive relegation..nonsense!!!
Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by Goalnaldo(m): 6:35am On May 26, 2023
Lampard should just stick to punditry. What else does he need to see that managing/coaching is not for him?
Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by Toluwanise247(m): 6:36am On May 26, 2023
nick50:
The greedy and criminal minded British government should return the club to the rightful owner(Roman abramovich) if they want Chelsea to survive relegation..nonsense!!!
They stole it right the way they stole your obi mandate. Wake up to reality
Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by nick50(m): 6:43am On May 26, 2023
Toluwanise247:

They stole it right the way they stole your obi mandate. Wake up to reality
people like me has moved on to normal life..I don't know why ur stupidity won't let u move on too..like how much does these politicians pay u?..can u even meet tinubu one on one?what do u stand to gain?
Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by Angelfrost(m): 6:57am On May 26, 2023
Jokerman:

Mou > Guardiola

I have to agree a bit... Mou can work wonders with average teams, something I have never seem Guardiola pull off.
Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by Khastro(m): 7:09am On May 26, 2023
lordprogress:

As if city cannot be defeated they have lost to us and spurs this season is not like they are invisible.
InvINcible you mean.
And you're right, MUFC can defeat them. They better not too full of themselves
Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by folake4u(f): 7:12am On May 26, 2023
Nazgul:

We live to fight another day.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by Emu4life(m): 7:20am On May 26, 2023
Veezy4u:
point of correction I do not hate pep, I'm a fan of his innovations. I'm a die hard man u fan but I have always had a soft spot for city, I love how they're run right from the days of pelegrini, yaya you're n co, in fact as way back I use dem even if ps2 dah year.u didn't get my point there, all these united players were bought by different people in fact some were for commercial purposes not the coaches, pep has d tools to do what he wants
So how's that Pep's business? Is he supposed to still be using Aguero, Yaya Toure, Kompany and others?

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by wildikeman(m): 7:28am On May 26, 2023
Angelfrost:

Give all those players you mentioned to Ole, Mourinho, and LVG, up to Moyes, they would have still performed below par in Man United...!

It's not all about spending big and buying players... It's about the unique ability to bring out the beast in them!

I can tell you for free that Paul Pogba, Anthony Martial, Alexis Sanchez, Angel Di Maria, Lukaku, etc, would have soared higher under Guardiola!

Hell, Antony and Sancho would be delivering far better than what you are seeing under Pep Guardiola!

There are coaches... And there is Pep Guardiola!!! Give the man his Guard of Honor!!!

Please tell him....let him know who the real G.O.A.T coaches Pep is. Someone who Arteta learnt from. You can't even compare Moyes to Arteta
Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by Emu4life(m): 7:32am On May 26, 2023
Veezy4u:
five too much mention just three players he met. At United degea was brought by SAF, at Chelsea azplicueta is still there, at arsenal xhaka still there, Liverpool Henderson at spurs Hugo Lloris.... etc
So having an old player in the squad is now a Criterion for Success? Didn't Pep use the likes of Aguero, Kompany, Fenandinho, David Silva et al? Abi are they supposed to be playing forever?
How many players did Pep sign in Bayern? Barca's treble winning squad, how many of the players did Pep sign?
You cant deceive me, you are just a hater.
This is just proving the typical saying " Haters will see you walk on water and say it's because you can't swim".

When he was conquering Laliga and Bundesliga, EPL fan boys said he can't do it in "the most competitive league in the World". They said his tiki taka won't work, they said there's so much fixtures in EPL.
Now Pep has 5 EPL in 7 season, Haland scored 4 hattricks in 19 games in the so called "Competitive league in the World" and all we here now is too much money like other teams aint spending same money to be Competitive.

And for the records, please stop comparing Pep's teams to those shitty teams, Pep isn't known for building mediocre team. Any Good team will always win the EPL every season and that's what Pep is doing, others are mediocre.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by Pedrii22: 7:45am On May 26, 2023
Veezy4u:
u don't get d point I made there. Everybody buys even stingy arsenal. But the entire city eleven was bought all by pep. This is what we'll call pep preferred players. All XI . U can't compare with united. D entire XI is from different coaches. U don't expect ten hagg to perform miracles moreover little or none can walk into d city team

Well Pep has earned the right to go for his preferred eleven, he has the pedigree and the trophies speak for him. Also, it's not like he changed city's lineup immediately he got to city, he still had to play with the players he met there and won considerable trophies.. The likes of Mangala, Debruyne, David Silva, Aguero, were not bought by him.
Pep has a laid down approach, and he goes for he wants, no second choices, which most coaches do nowadays. Once they're unable to get their preferred players they go for someone else who might not fit.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by Pedrii22: 7:53am On May 26, 2023
[quote author=amoreobansu post=123369407]

Reminder: Guardiola and Klopp.

Klopp have won everything there to be won in England. And with a far far lower budget than what Guardiola have spent. Guardiola have shortages of Three (3) trophies still.
UCL, Supercup and Fifa Club World cup.

Klopp have since 2019 won all of them.[/quote

Also, remember that pep is the reason Klopp hasn't wọn more than one Epl in his over 6 years spell at Liv.
Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by Bukola94: 8:20am On May 26, 2023
Veezy4u:
he has never had a total mess of a team in his career. Same can't be said of Mourinho(I'm not saying Mou is better) but base on the facts gathered he is special. With the rubbish as Roma he won conference cup, even with the rubbish guys again he's pushing them to 5th almost UCL. He will win Europa League with those same rubbish players. He has done it with Porto ,inter Milan, Chelsea, Madrid,man u n guess what I don't like his pattern but it's efficient
Arteta should have use Mou patterns, anti football tactics and all sorts to win the EPL. Like play dirty. Believe me, he will easily be sack
Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by Bukola94: 8:27am On May 26, 2023
Jokerman:

Mou > Guardiola
Guardiola is close to becoming the best coach football ever had if he should won the UCL with City. I hope he won it and later crown it with country WC or European cup or any national trophy. He is becoming the best soccer ever had, is tact are topnotch and is coaching is second to none. Is achievements and coaching should be emulated and stamp in the Guinness awards book.

3 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by Bukola94: 8:32am On May 26, 2023
hkidola00:
let him go coach newcastle
He will surely bring the best out of castle, and if he coach Hotspur, spur will be difficult to crack. Just let them give him the machinery he needed, he will surely makes Newcastle win trophy and challenge for European champions
Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by Goldeno(m): 8:33am On May 26, 2023
Troy007:
How does Lampard even sleep at night?
e shock you grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by oloyedewaris(m): 9:12am On May 26, 2023
TradingMaestro:

Guy you funny o Sterling Gabriel Jesus Yaya Toure Joe Hart Zinchenko Jao Cancelo
These are good players so what happened? Guardiola couldn't perform his magic?
You be fool I swear, so he no use Jesus, sterling, zinchenco and cancelo

So because he decided to sell them at good price, he didn't use them

So many dumb head in this thread

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by oloyedewaris(m): 9:22am On May 26, 2023
Veezy4u:
he has never had a total mess of a team in his career. Same can't be said of Mourinho(I'm not saying Mou is better) but base on the facts gathered he is special. With the rubbish as Roma he won conference cup, even with the rubbish guys again he's pushing them to 5th almost UCL. He will win Europa League with those same rubbish players. He has done it with Porto ,inter Milan, Chelsea, Madrid,man u n guess what I don't like his pattern but it's efficient
At Roma with Tammy Abraham, wilnadum, El sharawey, smalling

Conference league of Isreal and ducth teams

He was at Tottenham not quite long oo

He is being sacked Al around till he found himself in Roma

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by oloyedewaris(m): 9:25am On May 26, 2023
Veezy4u:

By the way what did he do at Chelsea, Milan, and Madrid

Its only guardiola that need to win ucl before telling me he succeed

He couldn't get to ucl final with super Madrid squad of Ronaldo, modirc, kroos, casemiro, Ramos, Marcelo, bale, benzema, and many many other big names

Hating guardiola will make you mad one day

3 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by oloyedewaris(m): 9:30am On May 26, 2023
Angelfrost:

I have to agree a bit... Mou can work wonders with average teams, something I have never seem Guardiola pull off.

Thats a very big lie, he did with sporting when they were good, do you know that Nottingham forest and Aston villa have won ucl

He couldn't get to ucl final with super Madrid squad, he did rubbish at Tottenham, he was chased out of man u and Chelsea

Til he found himself coaching Roma
Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by Angelfrost(m): 9:37am On May 26, 2023
oloyedewaris:

Thats a very big lie, he did with sporting when they were good, do you know that Nottingham forest and Aston villa have won ucl

He couldn't get to ucl final with super Madrid squad, he did rubbish at Tottenham, he was chased out of man u and Chelsea

Til he found himself coaching Roma

FC Porto was nowhere the best at that time... No need to lie!

Mou pulled off a miracle in UCL with Porto and Inter! Every top football expert adjudged it!

He has already overachieved with Roma in 2 seasons without seriously spending.

Yeah... He failed in some other clubs but you can't deny him his specialty!

He even worked wonders with a Man United that was pathetically average in a season laden with injuries!
Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by oloyedewaris(m): 9:48am On May 26, 2023
Angelfrost:

FC Porto was nowhere the best at that time... No need to lie!

Mou pulled off a miracle in UCL with Porto and Inter! Every top football expert adjudged it!

He has already overachieved with Roma in 2 seasons without seriously spending.

Yeah... He failed in some other clubs but you can't deny him his specialty!

He even worked wonders with a Man United that was pathetically average in a season laden with injuries!

Why are you always calling a losing tram average, if man city was losing I hope you will call the players average not your regular world class

Maybe you should go and check the 2003/2004 Porto squad, likes of deco, Pedro, Carvalho

Some great teams have a good history of players, you criticize guardiola for not wining ucl with city despite wining 11 of possible 14 league cup including almighty premier league

By the way can you name the teams he played against in winning last season conference league?

Yeye
Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by TradingMaestro(m): 10:01am On May 26, 2023
oloyedewaris:

You be fool I swear, so he no use Jesus, sterling, zinchenco and cancelo

So because he decided to sell them at good price, he didn't use them

So many dumb head in this thread

Same to you
Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by Veezy4u(m): 10:15am On May 26, 2023
oloyedewaris:

By the way what did he do at Chelsea, Milan, and Madrid

Its only guardiola that need to win ucl before telling me he succeed

He couldn't get to ucl final with super Madrid squad of Ronaldo, modirc, kroos, casemiro, Ramos, Marcelo, bale, benzema, and many many other big names

Hating guardiola will make you mad one day
at this point I'm done replying I. I don't hate pep n him winning or not winning the UCL won't change anything about him being a great coach. As he is, he is one of the best coach there is. Moreover even if UEFA allow inter to borrow players from seria A to get a squad for that final, they'll still lose
Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by Blackscorpion1j: 10:28am On May 26, 2023
Chelsea went to Manchester 4-NOTHING
Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by Veezy4u(m): 10:33am On May 26, 2023
Boss I must commend you, you're one of few reasonable comments and replies I've seen, I had to skip some unreasonable and provocative comments. You've spoken well, however my point is that he is a very good coach, I love his style and innovation even though I'm a man u fan. But before we can criticise other coaches, we need to consider the state of the club, funds available, and general control over footballing activities, most coaches have players de didn't want or requested. Let me use my club as an example, since saf retired, all the coaches had players the club owners got for commercial purposes, I can't expect to get "big names" n expect d coach to fix dem whether they fit into their ideals or not
OgaRico:
I was reading comments as a Guest and I saw this and I had to login to answer you.
Since you claim to know City, Micah Richard left before Pep came, Pep never met Kolo Toure, Kolarov was given a year extension but he declined insisting he wanted a move to Roma, Pep never met Bellamy at City, neither Pandev( I can't even remember any City ex player with this name) nor Lesccot who left City in 2014, Nasri has on several occasions said that he was the one that wanted to leave because Pep wanted him to play.
Yaya case was very simple, he was never flexible enough to Pep right from his days in Barça.
Gareth Barry left in 2013/2014. Hart was okay with been a shot stopper but Pep wanted more which Hart couldn't offer. Clichy played a whole season under Pep and couldn't adapt to Pep's style, so if you were Clichy, will you stay and warm bench and win trophies or go elsewhere and play regularly?
Pep's first official match as City coach was against Ajax in a UCL qualifier (because City finished fourth the season before Pep came on board) and City won both leg 6 nil but Pep said if not for the chances wasted, the City team ought to have won 10 nil, that was where the man started having issues with the City team then.
After his first season at City, Pep was very clear on what he wanted and that was why he said Zabelleta and Clichy were too slow, then Walker was brought in, Kolarov was suppose to stay a season more but he declined and he got replaced. Pep is not a coach that really need a typical striker before winning, ask Eto'o, ask Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Gomez, Maczudic (the Croatian guy) and so Aguero's wasn't really special to him.
Following Pep over the years, I have noticed that the man never want anybody that will divide his dressing room, example, Ronaldinho who Pep wouldn't have been able to control, Deco too, likewise Hart and Yaya who are big men in the City team.
I was a City fan from 2009-2012 but had to stop supporting them as soon as they won their first league because I felt they were now a big team after winning the League. I actually enjoy supporting not too big teams sha, take for instance, I support Newcastle United these days.

Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by Angelfrost(m): 11:06am On May 26, 2023
oloyedewaris:

Why are you always calling a losing tram average, if man city was losing I hope you will call the players average not your regular world class

Maybe you should go and check the 2003/2004 Porto squad, likes of deco, Pedro, Carvalho

Some great teams have a good history of players, you criticize guardiola for not wining ucl with city despite wining 11 of possible 14 league cup including almighty premier league

By the way can you name the teams he played against in winning last season conference league?

Yeye

An average team is average sir! Whether they are losing or on a massive winning run!

English is that simple sir!

I don't get why you are so defensive about Guardiola... I never said he is worse than Mourinho! Matter of fact, I overwhelmingly praised him earlier!

But, facts are facts!

Mourinho can make do with less... He can maximize the most average teams and win trophies! Guardiola can't and won't do that!

This is so simple and historically proven! Why you choose to nitpick amuses me! grin
Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by mabea: 11:38am On May 26, 2023
Angelfrost:

Give all those players you mentioned to Ole, Mourinho, and LVG, up to Moyes, they would have still performed below par in Man United...!

It's not all about spending big and buying players... It's about the unique ability to bring out the beast in them!

I can tell you for free that Paul Pogba, Anthony Martial, Alexis Sanchez, Angel Di Maria, Lukaku, etc, would have soared higher under Guardiola!

Hell, Antony and Sancho would be delivering far better than what you are seeing under Pep Guardiola!

There are coaches... And there is Pep Guardiola!!! Give the man his Guard of Honor!!!
I quite agree with you. It's often assumed that all the players at Mancity are top quality.
Re: Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 25th May 2023 by LOVEGINO(m): 12:03pm On May 26, 2023
tonididdy:
This
Match
Na
Draw
X
very correct.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 / West Ham Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 24th October 2015 / Top Five Highest Goalscorers In Premier League, La Liga & Serie A So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.