Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,110 members, 7,835,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Was Obi Really A Pawn In Tinubu’s Chess Game? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was Obi Really A Pawn In Tinubu’s Chess Game? (1587 Views)

What Peter Obi Really Said About Tinubu "Rest" (video) / Which States And Areas Was Obi Rigged Out? / 2023: Osinbajo ‘A Pawn On The Chessboard’ – Seye Oladejo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Obi Really A Pawn In Tinubu’s Chess Game? by Penguin2: 9:24am On May 26, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Atiku knew obi would not deputize him again because the mantra then was that it was the turn of the Ibos. The fact is if obi had been on the ballot with Atiku there's no way Tinubu would have won with the way the stupid Buhari had messed up Tinubu's chances. It's possible Tinubu actually funded Obi's campaign without Obi's knowledge to make him a strong candidate who would destroy Atiku's chances in the South.

About rigging and violence and the likes, politicians are never comfortable with their abilities to win even when it's clear they're going to win. They'll still play underhanded games, even obi rigged in the East. Before election took place we knew APC would win and LP would come third. Are you saying you didn't know this? I can't believe a savvy person like you didn't know that.

Fact: Obi's emergence and strong showing helped Tinubu. Wether Tinubu planned it or it was just divine is unclear.

No one knew anything.

If anything, Obi was going to win.

I hate it when young people like you see obvious evil and try to rationalize it.

Obi’s votes was slashed in different states of the federation and given to either Atiku or Tinubu. Yet you claim it’s normal.

And yes, Obi didn’t rig in the Southeast. If anything, his votes was systematically reduced and suppressed in the southeast.
Re: Was Obi Really A Pawn In Tinubu’s Chess Game? by Dikebuka: 9:36am On May 26, 2023
APC supporters in their bid to analyse and rationalise politics always fall out of line and start to spew trash. How can Tinubu fund Obi when it was obvious when we saw lots of donors support Obi. The chopper and private jet by T.Y. Danjuma and that pollster that Obi used, was it also Tinubu.

The root cause is that we would never know the exact figures or outcome of the election because INEC shut their server...its not about who won or lost...
Re: Was Obi Really A Pawn In Tinubu’s Chess Game? by wwwkaycom(m): 10:15am On May 26, 2023
Penguin2:
The narrative of Peter Obi having been lured away from PDP to LP by Pat Utomi to help divide Atiku’s votes has dominated the front burner since yesterday after the man from Ibadan went on Radio to declare that Obi was just a pawn in Tinubu’s game.

But was Obi really their pawn?7

I am tempted to believe that in the beginning, Obi may have actually been helped to his candidacy by men planted by Tinubu. But then things got of hand.

Things got of hand because people bought into the Obi candidacy. And from being a spoiler to Atiku, he became a real threat to Tinubu who thought Obi’s emergence would help his own ambition.

I would like to also suppose that even the agents who were deployed by Tinubu to ‘deceive’ Obi, now saw that they had a real sight at power and they possibly stopped taking instructions from Tinubu which is why the EFCC came for somebody like Okupe who I’m sure must have been part of Tinubu’s agents.

So, what I’m saying is that the Obi journey may have started with Tinubu’s agents thinking they wanted to deceive Obi to hurt Atiku, but it ended up becoming a tsunami and a conflagration that even Tinubu and his Much touted structure laboured to put out and ended up messing themselves up by rigging the election like children in kindergarten.

In a nutshell, there’s nothing for Tinubu’s boys to celebrate about the revelation that Tinubu funded Obi’s campaign because it turned out becoming a curse on even Tinubu himself.

Obi turned the eggs thrown at him into omelette and and checkmated the one who thought himself master of chess who had to resort to breaking the chessboard to prevent being checkmated.

But let’s see how far he can go with a dubious victory.
Turned eggs to omellette by wasting 6 million votes? Are you normal at all?
Asiwaju used Obi and dumped him or doyou think anything good can come out of your present noise?
Nonsense?

3 Likes

Re: Was Obi Really A Pawn In Tinubu’s Chess Game? by Obaaderemi2: 10:43am On May 26, 2023
Penguin2:

No one knew anything.

If anything, Obi was going to win.

I hate it when young people like you see obvious evil and try to rationalize it.

Obi’s votes was slashed in different states of the federation and given to either Atiku or Tinubu. Yet you claim it’s normal.

And yes, Obi didn’t rig in the Southeast. If anything, his votes was systematically reduced and suppressed in the southeast.
I can see you are still not ready to face the truth. There's something called realpolitik and it's a global thing. It has nothing to do with youths seeing obvious evil and making sense of it. It's facing the truth.

If you had factored in the core north effect and southwest outside Lagos, you would have known that obi was not going to win. Rigging the election if that's actually true, was just a case of killing a fly with a sledgehammer and was probably targeted at Atiku not Obi. And what evidence do you have that Obi's votes were stolen in the East. There were cases of obi having 100% in your polling units. How's that possible?

2 Likes

Re: Was Obi Really A Pawn In Tinubu’s Chess Game? by Akungitit: 10:53am On May 26, 2023
Chief,all the politicians in Nigeria knew that Obi will make Tinubu win,the only people who refused to understand that were Obidients.
Even PDP members knew this.
Everyone except Obidient people knew that Obi or any other South Easterner for that matter can never win a presidential election in Nigeria. Orji Kalu,Kwankwaso,Wike ,Reno and even Soludo said this.
Wake up from your dream.

1 Like

Re: Was Obi Really A Pawn In Tinubu’s Chess Game? by Obaaderemi2: 10:58am On May 26, 2023
Akungitit:
Chief,all the politicians in Nigeria knew that Obi will make Tinubu win,the only people who refused to understand that were Obidients.
Even PDP members knew this.
Everyone except Obidient people knew that Obi or any other South Easterner for that matter can never win a presidential election in Nigeria. Orji Kalu,Kwankwaso,Wike ,Reno and even Soludo said this.
Wake up from your dream.
That's what I told the OP. There was no way on earth obi could win.

1 Like

Re: Was Obi Really A Pawn In Tinubu’s Chess Game? by Pascal9: 11:01am On May 26, 2023
Igbos are the most stupid ethnic group in Nigeria, first zik, second Ironsi , and now Pandora Peter obi. They lack 4sigth, we shouted, we begged but they wouldn't hear.ikegwuru, when picken eat what keeps him or her awake, it will sleep.peter Obi is another greedy calamity to his people.tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: Was Obi Really A Pawn In Tinubu’s Chess Game? by Asswipemod: 5:42pm On May 26, 2023
seunmsg:

Looking at the final result of the election, it’s obvious Peter Obi was the major reason Tinubu won the election. PDP would have won if it was a straight APC vs PDP.

Thank God you knew at least that Emile O'Corn is not all that popular and acceptable.
Re: Was Obi Really A Pawn In Tinubu’s Chess Game? by fregeneh(m): 5:09pm On May 27, 2023
Before the elections, I staked 10m against 1m and I won
Re: Was Obi Really A Pawn In Tinubu’s Chess Game? by Alsenora: 6:15pm On May 27, 2023
Exactly the point. How can 3 major candidates be tussling over a post that is normally like a two horse race? Meanwhile 2 of these major contenders should have been on a joint ticket.
Ttalk:
The way Obidients including the OP were ranting during the campaign shows that they are Muntulla and lack the foresight to see the damage they were causing themselves to the advantage of Tinubu, what obidients cannot see is that they were the real vehicle that took Tinubu to Asorock while Peter Obi was the driver

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Newly Appointed Customs Comptroller From Kwara State, / I Was Diagnosed With Stage Three Cancer – Olumide Akpata Reveals / Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.