Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,481 members, 7,830,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria (1573 Views)

Nigerians Should Stop Blaming Buhari / Babachir Lawal To Igbos: You Marginalised Yourselves, Stop Blaming Others / Buhari To Decide Next Senate President For Us - Omo-agege (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by RevenuesBoost(f): 3:47am On Mar 04
I came across this post on Facebook
It's posts like this that's making Nigerians suffer of hunger right now.

The white men took us out of our farm lands, introduced schools for us to learn how to read and write and churches to us to forgive every bad thing they'll do to us, so we will go to heaven, stole all our treasures, took charge of our crude oil, they made Maths and English compulsory courses instead of Agriculture, that's why Nigerians are speaking English on empty stomachs.
Check out the big rubber estates or palm plantation in most villages, they are owned by foreigners.
While the inhabitants of that village doesn't know what to do with their lands.

If every citizen in Nigeria plant at least one kind of crop, then Nigeria will not be talking about scarcity as well as high cost of food.
People hate farming but farmers are the ones collecting all your monies right now, they have increased the cost of food, so they are sitting on your money, they are even richer than most salary earners, ask a cocoa farmer how many houses he has built, or just look at his account details, you'll faint.

Dey play!
No go plant something mek hunger for Nigeria reduce.

1 Like

Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by RevenuesBoost(f): 3:53am On Mar 04
He said it all here

👇👇👇

Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by TUANKU(m): 5:05am On Mar 04
We should not blame your tin-god Tinubu? His actions caused the extreme hardship but let's look for someone else to blame. Banza!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by limeta(f): 5:19am On Mar 04
Same man that blamed Jonathan for heavy rain fall
You can't be them and be upright

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by Lumarstone: 6:11am On Mar 04
Who are we to blame Sir?

I think Tinubu some days ago accepted the fact of being responsible for the country current economic challenges that LED to price increase on virtually every commodities in the market?

I think some peoples reasoning faculty is not functional again?

I left..!

1 Like

Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by yemmit90: 7:00am On Mar 04
Lumarstone:
Who are we to blame Sir?

I think Tinubu some days ago accepted the fact of being responsible for the country current economic challenges that LED to price increase on virtually every commodities in the market?

I think some peoples reasoning faculty is not functional again?

I left..!

Yes, his policy contributes immensely to current economic hardship, particularly price of major items and foods, but we can't exonerate other arms of government including masses.

Let me tel you this, Nigeria is not blessed with good or visionary leaders since military took over power in 1966, the reason we all think this time is different is because of modern means of communication or technology, education and over depending of masses on city lifestyle.

For instance, price of petrol and dollar has always been on increase from time to time, infact there were time during IBB era that you won't even see petrol to buy for weeks or month. The major difference between then and now is that, very few people depends on patrol and majority of households grew most of their foods at backyard farms ( even in our major cities). There was no much insecurity or herdsmen menace then, Fulani you see with cows normally carries sticks and not AK-47. Agricultural was never a full responsible of federal government then but state and local governments. Farmers has unions that were always assisted by local government in providing tractors and seeds to improve productions. Foods were in abundance and cheap because many hardly buy or buy on regular basis.

Though we can't experience the same pattern now because alot are educated and detest farming so much. State and local governments authorities should start encourage big farming by providing necessary equipment, security and seeds to intending farmers. This is the only way we can solve problem of food crises in Nigeria. Federal government is too far to achieve the same objective, because the provision will always be hijacked before reaching the real farmers. Local governments should be empowered by FG to start serious farming business in their jurisdiction .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by crossfm: 7:07am On Mar 04
Hehehe.
Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by zombieHUNTER: 7:24am On Mar 04
Tinubu removed subsidy without plans, the effect of the stupid move has spitaled out of control, Tinubu is paying more subsidy today because Dollar has gone up...

Why didn't he leave it in the first place...

All these suffering was avoidable

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by Chikel20000(m): 7:48am On Mar 04
Op if i insult ur generation eh.....let's blame Obi then since we can't blame PDP again....elections have consequences.....people voted based on tribal sentiment over competency.....d result is what we r seeing now.....imagine a man shouting if na statistics we go chop.....
Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by SaiOba: 8:36am On Mar 04
Shatap Dia...
Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by RevenuesBoost(f): 11:55am On Mar 04
yemmit90:

Yes, his policy contributes immensely to current economic hardship, particularly price of major items and foods, but we can't exonerate other arms of government including masses.

Let me tel you this, Nigeria is not blessed with good or visionary leaders since military took over power in 1966, the reason we all think this time is different is because of modern means of communication or technology, education and over depending of masses on city lifestyle.

For instance, price of petrol and dollar has always been on increase from time to time, infact there were time during IBB era that you won't even see petrol to buy for weeks or month. The major difference between then and now is that, very few people depends on patrol and majority of households grew most of their foods at backyard farms ( even in our major cities). There was no much insecurity or herdsmen menace then, Fulani you see with cows normally carries sticks and not AK-47. Agricultural was never a full responsible of federal government then but state and local governments. Farmers has unions that were always assisted by local government in providing tractors and seeds to improve productions. Foods were in abundance and cheap because many hardly buy or buy on regular basis.

Though we can't experience the same pattern now because alot are educated and detest farming so much. State and local governments authorities should start encourage big farming by providing necessary equipment, security and seeds to intending farmers. This is the only way we can solve problem of food crises in Nigeria. Federal government is too far to achieve the same objective, because the provision will always be hijacked before reaching the real farmers. Local governments should be empowered by FG to start serious farming business in their jurisdiction .

Well said

1 Like

Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 12:02pm On Mar 04
RevenuesBoost:

The white men took us out of our farm lands, introduced schools for us to learn how to read and write and churches to us to forgive every bad thing they'll do to us, so we will go to heaven, stole all our treasures, took charge of our crude oil, they made Maths and English compulsory courses instead of Agriculture, that's why Nigerians are speaking English on empty stomachs.
Check out the big rubber estates or palm plantation in most villages, they are owned by foreigners.

If every citizen in Nigeria plant at least one kind of crop, then Nigeria will not be talking about scarcity as well as high cost of food.
People hate farming but farmers are the ones collecting all your monies right now, they have increased the cost of food, so they are sitting on your money, they are even richer than most salary earners, ask a cocoa farmer how many houses he has built, or just look at his account details, you'll faint.

Dey play!
So you think the solution to our problem is everyone farming what they eat?

Lmaooo Economics should be made compulsory in Nigeria

Let me answer you this

Between two family in a town

Family A decide to focus on what husband and wife are good at... Say husband is the best welder in the town... Wife is the best cloth maker in the town... They don't farm, they buy all their food

Family B just focus on providing everything they want, sow their own cloths, farm their own food, make their own shoes, paint their house.. Very self sustainable

Between family A and B who do you think would have a higher standard of life
Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by RevenuesBoost(f): 12:03pm On Mar 04
zombieHUNTER:
Tinubu removed subsidy without plans, the effect of the stupid move has spitaled out of control, Tinubu is paying more subsidy today because Dollar has gone up...

Why didn't he leave it in the first place...

All these suffering was avoidable

Imagine the subsidy was removed and you have 100,000 tubers of yams in your yam barn, 100 bags of rice from your rice farm, even consider planting maize, plantain and cassava.

My dear, nothing the government does will shake you.

I watched a particular village close to my area that are into deep farming, they do not have basic amenities like good road, water (scarcity of clean water), light, etc. but you can't beat them when it comes to money. You won't hear them complain of hardship, they've got food.

People travel from far and wide to buy food stuffs from them.

If we don't plant, food will get costlier.
Most farmers are old people that are now dying because the young generation has been taught wrongly in school, literatures that discourage farming are studied in schools. What do they expect?

The day Nigerians will understand that the solution to high cost of feeding is in their hands, then they'll know that their farmlands needs attention.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by RevenuesBoost(f): 12:17pm On Mar 04
mrvitalis:

So you think the solution to our problem is everyone farming what they eat?

Lmaooo Economics should be made compulsory in Nigeria

Let me answer you this

Between two family in a town

Family A decide to focus on what husband and wife are good at... Say husband is the best welder in the town... Wife is the best cloth maker in the town... They don't farm, they buy all their food

Family B just focus on providing everything they want, sow their own cloths, farm their own food, make their own shoes, paint their house.. Very self sustainable

Between family A and B who do you think would have a higher standard of life

You're comparing a commercial farmer's standard of living to that of a person dependent on farmers. The welder and seamtress will keep complaining of high cost of Garri, rice, yam, plantain while the farmer keeps getting richer.

I know a welder in my area that has a big farm.
I Know a seamtress that has a farm too.
I'm here to correct the wrong conception of regarding farmers as poor people.
They're richer than most people.

Imagine a farmer who has 100,000 tubers of yams in his yam barn, 100 bags of rice from his rice farm, not to mention maize, plantain and cassava.

My dear, you can't compare a commercial farmer's standard of living to that of those living in cities.
You've not seen recent building owned by farmers you'll be awe.

Most farmers are old people that are now dying because the young generation has been taught wrongly in school, literatures that discourage farming are studied in schools. What do they expect?

The day Nigerians will understand that the solution to high cost of feeding is in your hands, then they'll know that their farmlands needs attention.
Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by Ofunaofu: 12:22pm On Mar 04
RevenuesBoost:

Dey play!

Didn't you read where Tinubu himself said that he is responsible for this economic woes bedeviling the Nation

1 Like

Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by Kaiser20: 12:28pm On Mar 04
They should not blame Tinubu, Nigerians should blame Tinubu's parents for given birth to a Scammer
Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by RevenuesBoost(f): 12:30pm On Mar 04
Ofunaofu:

Didn't you read where Tinubu himself said that he is responsible for this economic woes bedeviling the Nation

He is responsible for the high cost of food also?
Shey he should plant crops for the whole of Nigerians.
He can't change the price of goods, have you heard of survival of the fittest?
The more crops gets scarce, the more it will keep getting costlier.

He is the leader of our country and should sink farming into the heads of Nigerians.
Have a small farm, the more the goods, the lesser the price.
Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by RevenuesBoost(f): 12:36pm On Mar 04
Kaiser20:
They should not blame Tinubu, Nigerians should blame Tinubu's parents for given birth to a Scammer

One secret you didn't know about Obasanjo was that, he owned and still own one of the largest farms in Nigeria.
Did you hear about the "Operation Feed the Nation" in his time?
He encouraged Nigerians to plant.
He knew the secret to food scarcity.

1 Like

Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by cocolacec(m): 12:40pm On Mar 04
I know a farmer who made N5 million from his tomatoes and N4.2million from his maize farm within 3 months.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by Bizibi(m): 12:48pm On Mar 04
Some of you need to read what multiplier effect means when a policy affects the economy. The problem right now is multidimensional,it will take some years to fix.
Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by RevenuesBoost(f): 12:55pm On Mar 04
cocolacec:
I know a farmer who made N5 million from his tomatoes and N4.2million from his maize farm within 3 months.

I've seen many in a village close to mine.
Young men counting millions and building houses that you would feel they did rituals.
You'll hear, he owns one of the largest cocoa plantation, or yam farm, potatoes farm, cassava, etc.
People think of the stress in farming, when you can always employ extra hands to do the job.

My mum told me that while growing up, she ate yam almost everyday because her grand mum was one of the best yam farmers, she's now my great grand mum and can't go to the farm anymore. Nigeria's population is increasing everyday but not food production.

1 Like

Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 12:56pm On Mar 04
RevenuesBoost:

You're comparing a commercial farmer's standard of living to that of a person dependent on farmers. The welder and seamtress will keep complaining of high cost of Garri, rice, yam, plantain while the farmer keeps getting richer.

I know a welder in my area that has a big farm.
I Know a seamtress that has a farm too.
I'm here to correct the wrong conception of regarding farmers as poor people.
They're richer than most people.

Imagine a farmer who has 100,000 tubers of yams in his yam barn, 100 bags of rice from his rice farm, not to mention maize, plantain and cassava.

My dear, you can't compare a commercial farmer's standard of living to that of those living in cities.
You've not seen recent building owned by farmers you'll be awe.

The day Nigerians will understand that the solution to high cost of feeding is in your hands, then they'll know that their farmlands needs attention.
There won't be commercial agriculture if everyone goes into farming

Commercial agriculture that would be profitable need millions to start

100 yam, blah blah how much would bit cost to produce 100 bags of rice
Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by Ofunaofu: 1:51pm On Mar 04
RevenuesBoost:

He is responsible for the high cost of food also?
Shey he should plant crops for the whole of Nigerians.
He can't change the price of goods, have you heard of survival of the fittest?
The more crops gets scarce, the more it will keep getting costlier.

He is the leader of our country and should sink farming into the heads of Nigerians.
Have a small farm, the more the goods, the lesser the price.

I can understand clearly that you have a problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by Emusan(m): 2:33pm On Mar 04
yemmit90:

I don't know where you people get the idea of educated people MUST enter farm.

If majority of educated people enter farm, what will happen to other sectors of the economy?

The truth is, Nigeria as a country don't need millions of farmers rather millions of modernize farming method.

94% of Egypt is a desert which means Egypt only has about 6% arable land yet account for most production of soya beans and others products.
Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by yemmit90: 3:29pm On Mar 04
Emusan:

If majority of educated people enter farm, what will happen to other sectors of the economy?

The truth is, Nigeria as a country don't need millions of farmers rather millions of modernize farming method.

94% of Egypt is a desert which means Egypt only has about 6% arable land yet account for most production of soya beans and others products.

Is like you don't get the point, no one say educated people must embrace farming as business, the Idea is to have something planted on your free land at backyard. The idea that educated people must not do anything other than handling pens in offices is a total misinformed basis tenet of education. Those that farm at their backyards then were never illiterates, they just see backyard farming as culture and necessity to eat healthy vegetables and fruits.

If you were a little bit mature in 80's, and 90's, you won't be talking like this. People has backyard farms irrespective of their education level or where they work. I knew alot of professors who has farms at their backyard then. No one is ashame of doing that, go and ask mature people from 70's to year 2000, and be informed better. Many honorable state house of assembly members, local governments chairmen and lot of politicians too has backyard farms back then. Virtually all civil servants has backyard farms or remote ones if they don't own land.

I am not advocating for subsistence farming or suggested that everyone must have farm at their backyard, reason I said FG must fund agriculture at local governments level to achieve optimum results in my previous post.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by commoditiesnig: 3:58pm On Mar 04
You're actually very right! Spot On! Most European countries are 'heavy' on Agriculture and its logistics: from farm to end buyer

We need to imbibe farming at least in our immediate environment.

RevenuesBoost:

Imagine the subsidy was removed and you have 100,000 tubers of yams in your yam barn, 100 bags of rice from your rice farm, even consider planting maize, plantain and cassava.

My dear, nothing the government does will shake you.

I watched a particular village close to my area that are into deep farming, they do not have basic amenities like good road, water (scarcity of clean water), light, etc. but you can't beat them when it comes to money. You won't hear them complain of hardship, they've got food.

People travel from far and wide to buy food stuffs from them.

1 Like

Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by commoditiesnig: 4:00pm On Mar 04
cocolacec:
Wow.. unbelievable! So money dey farming like that?
Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by commoditiesnig: 4:04pm On Mar 04
You're so right on this
yemmit90:

Is like you don't get the point, no one say educated people must embrace farming as business, the Idea is to have something planted on your free land at backyard. The idea that educated people must not do anything other than handling pens in offices is a total misinformed basis tenet of education. Those that farm at their backyards then were never illiterates, they just see backyard farming as culture and necessity to eat healthy vegetables and fruits.

If you were a little bit mature in 80's, and 90's, you won't be talking like this. People has backyard farms irrespective of their education level or where they work. I knew alot of professors who has farms at their backyard then. No one is ashame of doing that, go and ask mature people from 70's to year 2000, and be informed better. Many honorable state house of assembly members, local governments chairmen and lot of politicians too has backyard farms back then. Virtually all civil servants has backyard farms or remote ones if they don't own land.

I am not advocating for subsistence farming or suggested that everyone must have farm at their backyard, reason I said FG must fund agriculture at local governments level to achieve optimum results in my previous post.

Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by RevenuesBoost(f): 4:25pm On Mar 04
Emusan:

Most people planting in large scale make use of farm machineries.
No matter how educated you are, you need food to survive.
This is a state of food emergency for Nigerians and the solution is farming.

Nigeria needs millions of farmers as well as millions of modernized farming methods.

If you can't plant in large scale, have a small garden.
If you don't have a land, use sacs

Let's have this food in surplus so we can export it to other countries and that will also help our economy.

We still import food till now.
We still import green apples when our lands are good enough for red apples.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by RevenuesBoost(f): 4:31pm On Mar 04
yemmit90:

You said it all
Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by RevenuesBoost(f): 4:40pm On Mar 04
TUANKU:
We should not blame your tin-god Tinubu? His actions caused the extreme hardship but let's look for someone else to blame. Banza!

What did he do?
You'll say that he made fuel and food costly.

My concern in on the food aspect, I'm here to put it to you that Tinubu did to make food costly but because food is getting scarce by the day while demand for food keeps getting higher, so the price of food must go up.

My point is, if everyone plants, and there's surplus food in this country, we will have enough food, we can even export some to help the country's economy.
Re: Stop Blaming the President For High Cost Of Food in Nigeria by Streetdoctor: 5:27pm On Mar 04
Ofunaofu:

I can understand clearly that you have a problem
U are arguing with a lunatic, hv u ever come across any sensible Agbadorian before

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi Is Threatened By The Rising Profile Of Dave Umahi / Prince Harry Wears Agbada, As Meghan Says ''Thanks For Welcoming Me Home'' (vid) / President Obasanjo Visits Akwa Ibom State !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.