Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? (60401 Views)

Peter Obi At MKO Abiola's Residence In Ikeja For The June 12 Event / Peter Obi At Soludo’s Swearing In (photo) / Abba Yusuf Wins At Supreme Court As Ibrahim Little Loses Appeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by ORIENTATION101: 4:51pm On May 26, 2023
eldoradoxx:
The Supreme Court decision today is on the basis that PDP filed the case as a pre election matter. Pre election matters strictly are to question issues relating to primaries of a political party by those who participated in the primary and the outcome of the primary which is the nomination.
It won't affect Obi's case because Obi came to election petition tribunal to question the qualification of Shettima to participate in the general election itself on the basis of the fact that he has double nomination at the time of his nomination as Vice President whilst being nominated for Senate. These are two different issues. So let's see how the Tribunal and Supreme Court will say. If it cannot be questioned as a pre election matter, it can be questioned as qualification matter in the election being challenged at the tribunal.
no get the full judgment and read. Supreme court did not only dismissed the case for lack of locusi standing . SC also agreed shettima was duly qualified.
As it stands Tribunal can't entertain the case again. The other grounds like 25% and over-voting is going to be front burner
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by randymirrors(f): 4:52pm On May 26, 2023
DiscoverID:
Who is Peter Obi?

A feminine feminist 😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by WOCKHARDI(m): 4:53pm On May 26, 2023
So someone cannot report a crime unless it involves him/her?
The issue is: Was there double nomination or not?
Locus standi ko et terram moveo ni.
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by nedekid: 4:53pm On May 26, 2023
In reality, it is impossible, but one must see things to logical conclusions.
Let Obi go all the way, it is his right and that of his numerous supporters.
Same thing people told me and a friend. 3 different law chambers said no case, the 4th took it up. My paddy backed out, said lawyers will chop our money.
Family and friends I sort finances from declined.
I took it up alone. 8 years later, judgement in my favor.
You go blame me when owo enter and I chop alone? cool
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by onuman: 4:55pm On May 26, 2023
These judges are likely to tell us that Abuja is Nigeria's 37th state.

These judges know section 299 and section 134 of the constitution are two different headings - 299 is about administrstion of states and Abuja, while section 134 is about election in the 36 states and Abuja.

Section 299 asks that Abuja be administered by the president, the National Assembly is like Abuja's State Assembly, while the 5 Council areas in Abuja are like local government areas.

Section 134 on election says a presidential candidate must win 25% of votes in 2/3 of the number of states (36) and Abuja.
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by ORIENTATION101: 4:55pm On May 26, 2023
tunene66:

Interpretation of Supreme Court judgment on Double nomination by Amaechi Ekwe, Esq:

1. Double nomination falls under Non- qualification of a candidate under section 134 (a) of Electoral Act, 2022 and, is also one of the grounds you can challenge an election through Election Petition.

2. Non qualification or double nomination of a candidate can be challenged by a person within the Party that nominated the candidate and also a person who is from another politcal party or another politcal party itself.

3. Double nomination can be challenged before or after Election (if it is before Election, we call it "pre Election matter" and if it after the Election we call it "post Election matter"wink.

4. If you are challenging double nomination or non-qualification of a candidate before the election (Pre Election matter) then, you have to be a member of the politcal party that nominated the candidate you are challenging. An external person cannot challenge it before the election because it is at that time an internal affair of the party that nominated him.

5. But if it is after Election, any other candidate from another politcal party or another politcal party itself can now challenge it through Election Petition under non- qualification. At this time, it is called non- qualification of such candidate. You incorporate it in your Election Petition. That is what LP did.

Shettima's non-qualification will still be raised again in the Supreme Court by Peter Obi and Supreme will still have to determine it again in Peter Obi's Petition. Shettima has not gone scot free. The double nomination will still rear its ugly head again.

But PDP did not wait for the election to come before they challenged the double nomination, that is why Supreme Court threw their case out because at that time, it was an internal affairs of APC; it did not concern PDP or any other party at that time. It is after the election that other candidates or other politcal parties can competently challenge it which is what Labour Party did. Peter Obi and his team are Election Petition gurus!

© J. A. Ekwe & Co.
your copy and paste lawyer is a disgrace.

Supreme court didn't only dismiss the case on locus standing , it also unanimously agreed that shettima was qualified.
You guys are leading the ignorants among you with false hope. The double nomination can't be entertained again since it has been decided on basis of locus standing and qualification.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by dadsonade7: 4:55pm On May 26, 2023
raddyworld:
Tinubu was destined to be president despite all external and internal force.
Hardly would u see anyone going thru that and still won.

Same religion ticket
The youth are against him
Fuel hike
Cashless policy
Instability in the party
Endsar challenges
Health challenges
Rigging challenges
Rejection by some Yoruba elders.
Lost his own territory
Incumbent president not giving green light.
Low turnout from most s.w state to vote him.

This is enough to silent anyone no matter how strong u are.
Who among the contestants can face all and still had those numbers.
It will marvel you that most south westerners fail to come out to vote.
But naturally if you still win. It shows u are destined.
Learn to read battles. Had it been the opposition has study properly before court of a thing. Most of them won't be fined with negative results

This is one of the factual truth I have read after the election but our people from the erosion threatening region will not agree.Rather,they will be looking for stolen manhood that never exist in the first place.

Anyway,as from 1st of June,the enrollment form for Jagaban school of politics will be out.You Guys will benefit immensely from the course which in turn will be useful for you in the year 2031 when Aso Rock will be vacant.

God Jagaban of Africa
God bless Fed.Rep of Nigeria

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by micflo28(m): 4:56pm On May 26, 2023
Kwankwaso is wise, Obi is dull, Kwankwaso is presently being nurtured to take over from Tinubu, he definitely will be offered minister of FCT to groom him for a take over after Tinubu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by gigabyte13: 4:56pm On May 26, 2023
Crying promax
Who dey give Obi hope say he go win before
Obi wey be say him don no say
Him no get case
Him just dey fear the headless mob wey go attack him life and destiny if he give up
At least it will be a big relief for him
If Supreme Court finally decide on this case.
The headless mob, will finally blame his loss to the SUPREME COURT JUDGEMENT....
Una think say
OBI dey redundant like una.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Roon9(m): 4:57pm On May 26, 2023
fuckJones:
Hello Obi supporters,
there is no mandate anywhere, you have been scammed!

E do us like DVD ooo

1 Like

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Angelfrost(m): 4:58pm On May 26, 2023
Basic123:

What role did Devil play in OBI loss?

I never accused the Devil of a damn thing, neither did I mention him... So, your question is moot and off the mark!
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by maestroferddi: 4:59pm On May 26, 2023
Nigerian judiciary is there for you to draw your conclusions...

Most of the so-called trial is just to put up a show to fulfill all righteousness....

There are no surprises here given the hurried handover Buhari was conducting...

It is difficult to swallow but I can bet my last buck that there is no verdict these justices give without informing the president first...

You think Buhari would be transmitting power before the constitutional approved time if he had not debriefed the judges...

Buhari arranged for Tinubu to succeed him with probably a deal not to prove his administration for which the less said, the better...

We all ought to have seen it coming...

Buhari never disguised his contempt for the opposition.. He had Mahmoud as hatchet man to conclude shenanigans...

Let Buhari vacate on Monday so that the post-motem on his dismal and incompetent administration can swing into gear...
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Henadih(m): 4:59pm On May 26, 2023
Faith is fueled by hope. If you are not hopeful your faith will be nothing. We the Obidient are ever hopeful. What God cannot do does not exist. Our hope rest in God and we are faithful and resolute on our aspiration for a better Nigeria. No matter what your likes may think we are not moved one bit.
Thanksful:
Only inferior men live by hope. Superior men live by faith.

If Obi can believe
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Peacecore: 4:59pm On May 26, 2023
Joevics:

The Justices didn't "judge" the case. They only said PDP has no ground to bring up such petition, which is right.

However, PDP and LP has the grounds to bring it up at the Tribunal. There's no way out for Tinubu and INEC.
Hmm una don come again angry angry angry
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by gabbytabby: 5:00pm On May 26, 2023
fuckJones:
Hello Obi supporters,

They just used it as opportunity to collect additional money for legal fees.

1 Like

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Orbhagbemi555: 5:02pm On May 26, 2023
nedekid:
In reality, it is impossible, but one must see things to logical conclusions.
Let Obi go all the way, it is his right and that of his numerous supporters.
Same thing people told me and a friend. 3 different law chambers said no case, the 4th took it up. My paddy backed out, said lawyers will chop our money.
Family and friends I sort finances from declined.
I took it up alone. 8 years later, judgement in my favor.
You go blame me when owo enter and I chop alone? cool
Balderdash and gibberish 😁😁

1 Like

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Peacecore: 5:03pm On May 26, 2023
BigDawsNet:
Hmm... I doubt...

The power belongs to the elected party right now... I'm not sure anything thing will stand...

Let Obi and Atiku team up coming next election... only way to grab the presidency
So, you're not advising Atiku to rest angry
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Nyne: 5:05pm On May 26, 2023
raddyworld:

Same religion ticket
Fuel hike
Cashless policy
Instability in the party
Endsar challenges
Health challenges
Rigging challenges
Lost his own territory

Learn to read battles. Had it been the opposition has study properly before court of a thing. Most of them won't be fined with negative results

Obi wey do primaries for LP in less than 30days of joining.

Isn’t that enough to have his case files flung out of the courtroom window?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by fof1: 5:07pm On May 26, 2023
Thanksful:
Only inferior men live by hope. Superior men live by faith.

If Obi can believe

Lies and Blatant Ignorance...EVERY HUMAN BEING LIVES ON HOPE IN LIFE...YOU Only Come into Faith with a Sound Nolez of Christ Salvation and Truth of His Word, Pls. Avoid Brain Washing or Self Delusion.
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by 7arrows: 5:09pm On May 26, 2023
raddyworld:

Same religion ticket
Fuel hike
Cashless policy
Instability in the party
Endsar challenges
Health challenges
Rigging challenges
Lost his own territory

I'm happy u stated all the above. Pls who then voted for him?
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Teddy0147(m): 5:11pm On May 26, 2023
GodinDaFlesh:
The court only tossed PDP’s double nomination suit, that has nothing to do with Obi. Obi will reclaim his mandate and become President of Nigeria, as God as my witness.

No be only una Dey serve God…. Tinubu camp fit even Dey close to God pass obi

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Stanbaba30: 5:12pm On May 26, 2023
Most DEFINITELY..! God works in strange ways. There’s what you call DIVINE GRACE, that’s what’s going to speak for Peter Obi. After all everyone knows he won.
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by 1972xy: 5:12pm On May 26, 2023
fuckJones:
Hello Obi supporters,
Them go see worowoto 😛

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by successcard: 5:12pm On May 26, 2023
Trust me, there's no hope for LP or the others. This is Africa, and no court will ever dare to pass a ruling against an incumbent government.

Tinubu will rule Nigeria for the next four years. And I will not be surprised if he makes it eight.

I feel sorry for Nigeria, and the innocent Nigerians dwelling there undecided

hisexcellency34:
With today's ruling by the Supreme Court dismissing PDP's suit, is there any hope for Labour Party and Peter Obi at the Supreme Court especially after Tinubu must have been sworn in as President?

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7703882/court-dismisses-suit-seeking-stop#123380638
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by tabaralph: 5:14pm On May 26, 2023
Joevics:

The Justices didn't "judge" the case. They only said PDP has no ground to bring up such petition, which is right.

However, PDP and LP has the grounds to bring it up at the Tribunal. There's no way out for Tinubu and INEC.
Tinubu will rule you and your household for at least next 4 years, know this and know peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Reference(m): 5:14pm On May 26, 2023
Agadinaagwuofe:

There's nothing much opposition can do other than mere talk and media noises. The bad side is election will one day become war of attrition in this country since judiciary, INEC can't be trusted to do the right thing.

There is a lot political opposition can do if done properly. It is just that teal, beneficial politics takes place only once on four years for a few months before elections.

But if a 'defacto government in waiting' kind of opposition can be established, almost like in the parliamentary system of government which will take on the ruling party step by step, policy by policy, program by program then it can easily demarket a non performing ruling party.

It doesn't take a lot to turn the citizens against a government that is full of faults, inadequacies and corruption of every kind in a legitimate and cerebral way.

The problem with the PDP was that they fought internally for 7 and a half years before the elections. The Labour party was formed on the eve of elections and the NNPP is not even looking like a party in opposition.

If the PDP or Labour wants to govern Nigeria the time to start working towards that is now. As the ruling party is sworn in they should swear themselves in to oppose. As the ruling party rolls out it's cabinet they too should roll out their shadow cabinet of intellectuals and experts to a guide their alternate ideas.
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Thomasankara(m): 5:16pm On May 26, 2023
[/color]why not Atiku[color=#770077]
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Chibuezem(m): 5:17pm On May 26, 2023
themanderon:
None. You see the president of Nigeria has always been selected by the powers that be. They are only giving the gullible citizens the impression that their votes count when in a real sense their votes mean nothing. Do you think the cabals that have ran and ruined this country will just sit back and watch the people select their desired leaders? Naa.
Nigerians are in for a long thing as the elections was already decided before the actual date. They already have the courts at their beck and call to back up their illegality. Where are the "go and get your PVC" crew? Shebi una don see say Naija is irredeemable?
At this point we can only hope on God, Let His will be done.
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by chiboycue: 5:17pm On May 26, 2023
hisexcellency34:
With today's ruling by the Supreme Court dismissing PDP's suit, is there any hope for Labour Party and Peter Obi at the Supreme Court especially after Tinubu must have been sworn in as President?

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7703882/court-dismisses-suit-seeking-stop#123380638

The truth of the matter is that there is no hope for Labour Party and Peter Obi. Jagaban is now GCFR and now immune to Supreme Court judgement. The Supreme court would dance to the tune of Jagaban. Going to court to challenge Jagaban's victory is like playing "kalo kalo". He is now reigning as the President- elect and will reign after 29th May 2023 for at least four years if God does not say otherwise . What we should do now is to pray is that his tenure woukd be better that that of the eight years of PMB.
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by spiralwedge(m): 5:24pm On May 26, 2023
not only at the supreme court, but for all his political career. This also affects his people, they have given themselves a reputation that will take at least 5 generations to wash off.

SS, especially Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa and CRS, are very well set for presidency in the nearest future. If SS can form formidable alliance and resist manipulative temptations from the SE, they will be seen as a formidable force/tribe/alliance to displace the disgruntled SE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 26, 2023
GodinDaFlesh:
The court only tossed PDP’s double nomination suit, that has nothing to do with Obi. Obi will reclaim his mandate and become President of Nigeria, as God as my witness.
Which of the gods? Your emotions?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by 1972xy: 5:26pm On May 26, 2023
I see the case dismissed with Obi slam with #100m to be given to Tinubu and APC for trying to steal his mandate true court . Third runner up challenging the winner is insane !

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Frame-up: Atiku Reacts To Obasanjo’s Claim / Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... / Man Cries After Receiving APC "Next Level Garri"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.