Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,736 members, 7,824,085 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? (60426 Views)

Peter Obi At MKO Abiola's Residence In Ikeja For The June 12 Event / Peter Obi At Soludo’s Swearing In (photo) / Abba Yusuf Wins At Supreme Court As Ibrahim Little Loses Appeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Charly68: 7:24pm On May 26, 2023
Both Atiku and OBi have lost the election forever ,they can't be contending with a political master and be bragging .. Tinubu has taut them a very big lesson. They can continue to waste their money if they like that is their own palava .

1 Like

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by adams123: 7:29pm On May 26, 2023
GodinDaFlesh:
The court only tossed PDP’s double nomination suit, that has nothing to do with Obi. Obi will reclaim his mandate and become President of Nigeria, as God as my witness.

The best joker of the year

1 Like

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by gladdensir(m): 7:29pm On May 26, 2023
This Atiku's face resembles that of a boko Haram leader
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by BENEAMATA: 7:37pm On May 26, 2023
hardbody:

I do not know what most of you think or understand but for someone like me, I have never relied on the planks of Atiku running for a post concurrently or even the US narcotic case, no. Those are easily discardable. i am not even interested in the technicality of BVAS and all. I am only interested in the interpretation of the relevant section of the law which suddenly confers the status of a state to Abuja in matters of election when there is no such express provision in the law of the land. In its simplest form, the law is that expressio unius est exclusio alterius. If this be case, how can what is not written be read into what is written, I struggle to understand it. Beyond the simple Literal rule of interpretation as known in law, perhaps someone wants to extend it to the mischief rule, I will want to know how both rules of interpretation will suddenly interpret AND to mean anything other than a conjunctive term. How this is interpreted will benefit us as lawyers and law students alike and will improve our legal jurisprudence especially in the area of statutory interpretations.

Can a sitting president be removed if his election is voided, Lord Denning did say in his famous dictum in McFoy Vs UAC that...Nihil non exspectanl aedificare stare...You cannot put something on nothing and expect it to stand. So yes, a sitting president can and has been removed even in fledgling democracies like that of the US. Whether the Nigerian justices can do same if they find a gap in the law will yet be seen, Whichever way the argument goes, we all know that law is made by men and interpreted by men for the use of men. It will be better to tell us that on grounds of public policy, they want BAT to continue in power than to stand the law on its head.
The law , you do know AND universally means plus ( + ) while " excluding " " without " means minus ( - ) . .
" 36 states and barrister hard body " simply means 37 of you regardless of whether you are as a matter of fact not a state . .YOU AND I makes the two of us .The three of them and you makes the four . . . . You get the picture .

Wish two beautiful ladies and i can end up in a room to have a THREES . . . .
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by hardbody: 7:39pm On May 26, 2023
BENEAMATA:
The law , you do know AND universally means plus ( + ) while " excluding " " without " means minus ( - ) . .
" 36 states and barrister hard body " simply means 37 of you regardless of whether you are as a matter of fact not a state . .YOU AND I makes the two of us .The three of them and you makes the four . . . . You get the picture .

Wish two beautiful ladies and i can end up in a room to have a THREES . . . .

There was absolutely no picture. Our wavelengths differ so.
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by DenreleDave(m): 7:41pm On May 26, 2023
nedekid:

Na you sabi
You for kukuma say blablablu, blublaba cool
finally I found out where the guy offended you wey u kon attack am back grin grin grin grin
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Mudone(m): 7:44pm On May 26, 2023
Hope kill you there!!

The only hope we know is the Renew hope any other hope end in court gate 😂😂

truentalk:
No more hope for Peter Obi
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by StainlessCup: 7:52pm On May 26, 2023
ORIENTATION101:
your copy and paste lawyer is a disgrace.

Supreme court didn't only dismiss the case on locus standing , it also unanimously agreed that shettima was qualified.
You guys are leading the ignorants among you with false hope. The double nomination can't be entertained again since it has been decided on basis of locus standing and qualification.

can you cite the judgement cos what I read on the papers was based on the PDP locus to institute the case.
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by eroticecstasy: 7:53pm On May 26, 2023
DiscoverID:
Who is Peter Obi?

A street dog
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Omozeez1: 7:53pm On May 26, 2023
See this idiot. They said it's only Apc can bring that case not PDP not even LB. So that case can not come up again in the tribunal. Case closed. I'm a PDP youth leader bro.
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by BRIMBRAM: 7:56pm On May 26, 2023
Thanksful:
Only inferior men live by hope. Superior men live by faith.

If Obi can believe

Is there a greater faith than a believe in a statement "EMILOKAN", "it is my turn"?

1 Like

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by GreyLaw(m): 8:01pm On May 26, 2023
HacheNoire:

…. and only foolish men ignore reality and hope for the impossible!

The question is what is reality? I bet you don't know. Only high minds reason these things. People who delve into the wave-particule nature (duality principle) of matter know that reality isn't just what you see.

I shouldn't be having a discussion of this kind on nairaland anyway.
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Inosky: 8:03pm On May 26, 2023
hisexcellency34:
With today's ruling by the Supreme Court dismissing PDP's suit, is there any hope for Labour Party and Peter Obi at the Supreme Court especially after Tinubu must have been sworn in as President?

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7703882/court-dismisses-suit-seeking-stop#123380638

Those saying Peter has no case against Tinubu are crimïnally-minded. The evil government will soon happen to them, it's just a matter of time. And no one will feel for them or remember them. Urchïns.
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Parachoko: 8:19pm On May 26, 2023
BrownSugq:

You are a Joker.
The only way the criminal can keep the stolen mandate is if the country divide
Asiwaju will become the President on Monday, I dare you to do your worst

1 Like

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by adekolaelect(m): 8:21pm On May 26, 2023
DiscoverID:
Who is Peter Obi?
A mandate chaser from 5% Region.

1 Like

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by DMerciful(m): 8:23pm On May 26, 2023
Today's ruling has nothing to do with Obi
hisexcellency34:
With today's ruling by the Supreme Court dismissing PDP's suit, is there any hope for Labour Party and Peter Obi at the Supreme Court especially after Tinubu must have been sworn in as President?

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7703882/court-dismisses-suit-seeking-stop#123380638
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Bimpe29: 8:25pm On May 26, 2023
Of course, there's hope which has been renewed for him.
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Picardor2: 8:28pm On May 26, 2023
fuckJones:
Hello Obi supporters,
there is no mandate anywhere, you have been scammed!

Obidients are praying. Obidiotss like u will cry soon.
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by JIBO4REAL(m): 8:38pm On May 26, 2023
maestroferddi:
Nigerian judiciary is there for you to draw your conclusions...

Most of the so-called trial is just to put up a show to fulfill all righteousness....

There are no surprises here given the hurried handover Buhari was conducting...

It is difficult to swallow but I can bet my last buck that there is no verdict these justices give without informing the president first...

You think Buhari would be transmitting power before the constitutional approved time if he had not debriefed the judges...

Buhari arranged for Tinubu to succeed him with probably a deal not to prove his administration for which the less said, the better...

We all ought to have seen it coming...

Buhari never disguised his contempt for the opposition.. He had Mahmoud as hatchet man to conclude shenanigans...

Let Buhari vacate on Monday so that the post-motem on his dismal and incompetent administration can swing into gear...

See legit ignorance
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by nedekid: 8:41pm On May 26, 2023
DenreleDave:
finally I found out where the guy offended you wey u kon attack am back grin grin grin grin
No mind am jare.
Some of these guys get to cool down. Them no de waste time talk to person anyhow.
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Sammy5413(m): 8:46pm On May 26, 2023
Our mandate must be restored no matter how long it takes
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Atm99(m): 8:51pm On May 26, 2023
fuckJones:
Hello Obi supporters,
there is no mandate anywhere, you have been scammed!

Your Generation have been scam. You this useless fellow. No matter what you people do. President Peter Obi must reclaim is mandate.
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by YOUTUBE9ja(m): 8:57pm On May 26, 2023
Goldenfinger5:

I'm interested my brother. What next?

See my bio for WhatsApp
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by armanipumping(m): 8:59pm On May 26, 2023
U be mumu let them go and file same at the tribunal abi? Ode! You forget that it is a time. Bound petition and the doctor to such has now been shut. Lp and pdp has already filed their cases at the tribunal.

However, PDP and LP has the grounds to bring it up at the Tribunal. There's no way out for Tinubu and INEC.[/quote]
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by kayusely70(m): 9:04pm On May 26, 2023
Let the Obi supporters dream on
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by skj1377(m): 9:08pm On May 26, 2023
Even during Obasanjo supreme court did not upturn the election . Once Tinubu becomes president case closed for Peter obi.
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Ofemannnu: 9:15pm On May 26, 2023
Obi abd Atiku took the case to court just to continue to be relevant in the scheme of things.
If they had not gone to court,a lot of their supporters would have been greatly dejected.
At least they have something to chew on.
Yes,they have a purported 'stolen mandate' to claim.
Well,the new govt of President Tinubu will greatly be positive and favourable to all.
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by jibs4lv(m): 9:17pm On May 26, 2023
Like someone rightly said on this thread, it will be easier for Arsenal to win EPL than for Obi to win this case,ejekasope otilo😂

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by HacheNoire: 9:28pm On May 26, 2023
GreyLaw:

The question is what is reality? I bet you don't know. Only high minds reason these things. People who delve into the wave-particule nature (duality principle) of matter know that reality isn't just what you see.

I shouldn't be having a discussion of this kind on nairaland anyway.

Reality is facing the moment and weighing ones chances.

A real man knows when such moments come.

In business, Nokia and Blackberry knew it was a game over when Apple took the stage and all diversified their investments from the mobile phone market. It was never advisable to force it considering the solutions Apple was deploying. That’s accepting reality!

In warfare, Japan conceded defeat after the nuclear bomb was dropped on two cities, they knew their was no use to continue the war after knowing the capabilities of the US.

Let me use Nelson Mandela as another example. From his statement in “Long walk to freedom” he said “As I Walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom I knew if I diden't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison.”

That’s what facing reality squarely, looks like.

1 Like

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Tecno66: 9:33pm On May 26, 2023
Parachoko:
Nah you Pandorians dey always cause issue for una self

After the clear judgement by the CBN, you're still here saying nonsense
judgment by CBN?
Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by BRIMBRAM: 9:36pm On May 26, 2023
HacheNoire:

Reality is facing the moment and weighing once’s chances.

A real man knows when such moments come.

In business, Nokia and Blackberry knew it was a game over when Apple took the stage and all diversified their investments from the mobile phone market. It was never advisable to force it considering the solutions Apple was deploying. That’s accepting reality!

In warfare, Japan conceded defeat after the nuclear bomb was dropped on two cities, they knew their was no use to continue the war after knowing the capabilities of the US.

Let me use Nelson Mandela as another example. From his statement in “Long walk to freedom” he said “As I Walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom I knew if I diden't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison.”

That’s what facing reality squarely, looks like.

ABSOLUTE REALITY,!!!!

1 Like

Re: With Today's Ruling, Is There Any Hope For Peter Obi At Supreme Court? by Shattuck(m): 9:49pm On May 26, 2023
raddyworld:
Tinubu was destined to be president despite all external and internal force.
Hardly would u see anyone going thru that and still won.

Same religion ticket
The youth are against him
Fuel hike
Cashless policy
Instability in the party
Endsar challenges
Health challenges
Rigging challenges
Rejection by some Yoruba elders.
Lost his own territory
Incumbent president not giving green light.
Low turnout from most s.w state to vote him.

This is enough to silent anyone no matter how strong u are.
Who among the contestants can face all and still had those numbers.
It will marvel you that most south westerners fail to come out to vote.
But naturally if you still win. It shows u are destined.
Learn to read battles. Had it been the opposition has study properly before court of a thing. Most of them won't be fined with negative results
nobody falls for this line anymore, Mahmood yakubu and inec rigged him in, you don't have to go through all this stress to try an justify a fraud.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Disturbing Images From Recent Kano Mosque Attack, Viewer Discretion Is Advised. / President Muhammadu Buhari Has Cancer - Sahara Reporters / The Most Surprising Thing About Abba Kyari Drug Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.