Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,395 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? (1128 Views)

My Mom Rejects Every Woman I Introduce To Her / The Woman I Hate To Have As Wife / My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by Jogunomi1: 10:36am On May 27, 2023
I met this woman through one of my male friends because she was referred to me for advice on her relationship matters.

Her longtime lover and her parted ways. But she lost a lot to that relationship in term of resources and dedication. What's killing her is that the guy got another woman but won't stop telling others that he left her because she's a bad person. But if you examine the life of this woman, she had never loved another man in her entire life apart from that guy. The guy also sends message to her once in a while to taunt her... messages like "have you been able to get another man? I doubt you can"; "I'm now with my heartthrob, I just tried calling you to see you have moved on but you didn't answer the call suggesting the wickedness in you never dies"... She showed me a lot of these messages while still crying. I have done all I can to help her.

You may think starting a new relationship will help her, but she vows not to get married. Anytime I'm not with her physically, she talks about suicide so much.

Another factor driving her crazy

She works in a company owned by husband and wife. She worked directly under the husband, but the wife is not comfortable because this woman is very beautiful and in her late twenties. The wife looked for excuses to sack her but the husband refused. She was then sent to another department. But the husband got fed up with the new person they sent to work with the husband and requested that this girl be sent back to work under him. This girl is educated beyond first degree. I don't want to mention her profession because someone from her company may be reading this. While she was working with the husband, the wife showed her hell that she was at the verge of committing suicide. Her saving grace was the fact that they sent her to a new unit where she won't be working with the husband directly.

Now she told me she will rather die than go back to work under the husband. I told her to resign. But she said resignation will make the suicide she's thinking of quicker because she's the one taking care of her parents. The company is close to their house in Lagos; should she start looking for another job now and even if she gets another not close to her house, it's another disaster because of a reason I won't like to disclose here.

This girl is Igbo and I'm of a different tribe. I need advice about how to help her because her parents know nothing about all these. Time is running out.

Mynd44, RoyalRoy, please help me push to front-page.
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by taylor89(m): 10:37am On May 27, 2023
kiss
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by SHINJACRUSADER: 10:52am On May 27, 2023
Hmmm Igbo girl ..

Me self dey fear to date Igbo gal sha..

Op you fit make her to fall in love with uuu...

That way she no go think to kill herself again....

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by partyplexx: 10:53am On May 27, 2023
Dance Diverse
Summer Party
Football Party
30th Birthday Decorations
Birthday Balloons
Bollywood Night
Rooftop Party
Hip Hop Dance
Picnic Family
Foam Party
Pole Dancing
Belly Dancing
Disney Dessert Party
Bollywood Dance
Street Dancing
Mystical Parties
Disco Party
Princess Party
Park N Party
Platinum Jubilee Decorations

if you need any help regarding parties you can visit https://partyplexx.com/
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by yrhuhfy113: 10:59am On May 27, 2023
Jogunomi1:
I met this woman through one of my male friends because she was referred to me for advice on her relationship matters.

Her longtime lover and her parted ways. But she lost a lot to that relationship in term of resources and dedication. What's killing her is that the guy got another woman but won't stop telling others that he left her because she's a bad person. But if you examine the life of this woman, she had never loved another man in her entire life apart from that guy. The guy also sends message to her once in a while to taunt her... messages like "have you been able to get another man? I doubt you can"; "I'm now with my heartthrob, I just tried calling you to see you have moved on but you didn't answer the call suggesting the wickedness in you never dies"... She showed me a lot of these messages while still crying. I have done all I can to help her.

You may think starting a new relationship will help her, but she vows not to get married. Anytime I'm not with her physically, she talks about suicide so much.

She works in a company owned by husband and wife. She worked directly under the husband, but the wife is not comfortable because this woman is very beautiful and in her late twenties. The wife looked for excuses to sack her but the husband refused. She was then sent to another department. But the husband got fed up with the new person they sent to work with the husband and requested that this girl be sent back to work under him. This girl is educated beyond first degree. I don't want to mention her profession because someone from her company may be reading this. While she was working with the husband, the wife showed her hell that she was at the verge of committing suicide. Her saving grace was the fact that they sent her to a new unit where she won't be working with the husband directly.

Now she told me she will rather die than go back to work under the husband. I told her to resign. But she said resignation will make the suicide she's thinking of quicker because she's the one taking care of her parents. The company is close to their house in Lagos; should she start looking for another job now and even if she gets another not close to her house, it's another disaster because of a reason I won't like to disclose here.

This girl is Igbo and I'm of a different tribe. I need advice about how to help her because her parents know nothing about all these. Time is running out.

Therapy works, so send her for mental health therapy sessions.

Also, she needs to go to the GYM and work out often it will help her mind....

asides that she needs FEMALE FRIENDS not you.... she needs ladies who will surround her with positivity.

She needs GOD as well, spirituality is important... you mentioned that the EX taunts her, I have seen cases where EXes go to ijebu and other places to ensure the person they broke up with NEVER EVER marries or gets rich.... THINGS HAPPEN, so she may need deliverance and prayers.

asides this.... SHE MAY NEED TO RELOCATE...CHANGE NUMBER, CHANGE IDENTITY.... just to leave her past behind

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by capnies: 11:06am On May 27, 2023
Jogunomi1:

SHE IS PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED?
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by Jogunomi1: 11:09am On May 27, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

asides that she needs FEMALE FRIENDS not you.... she needs ladies who will surround her with positivity.

She needs GOD as well, spirituality is important... you mentioned that the EX taunts her, I have seen cases where EXes go to ijebu and other places to ensure the person they broke up with NEVER EVER marries or gets rich.... THINGS HAPPEN, so she may need deliverance and prayers.

asides this.... SHE MAY NEED TO RELOCATE...CHANGE NUMBER, CHANGE IDENTITY.... just to leave her past behind

She wakes up by 5am to prepare food and other things for her sick parents. The office closes by 6pm but she returns home by 9pm because of her position in the company.

She has no female friends based in Lagos that can visit and she doesn't even confide in people; confiding in me is a coincidence.

I took care of the spiritual aspect which made them send her to another unit the other time.
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by Jogunomi1: 11:10am On May 27, 2023
capnies:

SHE IS PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED?

Not at all.
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by Jogunomi1: 11:14am On May 27, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

She doesn't have time for therapy because the MD even calls her at times on Saturday to attend to important things in the office.
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by phorget(m): 11:19am On May 27, 2023
Tell her to commit suicide then allow her aged parents grief to their own death...
If she so much love her parents then the thought of leaving them behind should make her hold on to her tiny life.

Have you been able to find out if she is truly ”wicked”? She should change her ways cos I doubt if any sane man will ever leave a good woman and still have the heart to be taunting her with text messages.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by Jogunomi1: 11:41am On May 27, 2023
phorget:
Tell her to commit suicide then allow her aged parents grief to their own death...
If she so much love her parents then the thought of leaving them behind should make her hold on to her tiny life.

Have you been able to find out if she is truly ”wicked”? She should change her ways cos I doubt if any sane man will ever leave a good woman and still have the heart to be taunting her with text messages.

She's not wicked at all. Even she will borrow money just to make you happy. In my spiritual expedition about her, I found out her spirit-husband is the one chasing men away from her. If such men visit spiritualists, they will say the girl is the reason the guy is not progressing.
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by Nobody: 11:46am On May 27, 2023
It's like she's enjoying the ex's messages because she could've blocked him long time ago... And it's clear the ex is not yet over her, he could be with another woman, but he's not over her, else he wouldn't be disturbing her with messages every now and then.

As for her job, I think she should look for another position elsewhere and get a maid that's gonna help her parents around the house.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by Sonnobax15(m): 11:55am On May 27, 2023
lipsrsealed
Sometimes, moving on with our lives after a heartbreak isn't as easy as we may want it to be,but it's something that must be done for our general well-being........ Op,I just wanna say thank you to you for being there for her at this critical moment of her life, because suicide shouldn't be an option,and we must play our roles well in order to stop anyone who has got thoughts of doing it...

Las las, resigning from her job isn't the right way out for her..... Moreover,make she try change all her lines wey that her ex get,and as well block him from all her social media platforms...... BTW,I don't know why that ex nigha of her's is behaving so childish.....Why can't he just move on totally with his goddamn life? undecided
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by Jogunomi1: 11:56am On May 27, 2023
Samantha124:
It's like she's enjoying the ex's messages because she could've blocked him long time ago... And it's clear the ex is not yet over her, he could be with another woman, but he's not over her, else he wouldn't be disturbing her with messages every now and then.

As for her job, I think she should look for another position elsewhere and get a maid that's gonna help her parents around the house.

She can't afford a maid with all the bills.

The ex is clearly not over her because after taunting her for a while, apology message would follow. But same cycle will repeat itself next month.

Once she blocks him, he uses another line to message her. There's was a time he called her company receptionist anonymously to ask about this girl.
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 27, 2023
Has she ever considered reporting him to the police because it seems like he's a psycho and he's stalking her, and from what I've heard and read about such people it's that they can be dangerous.

She should change her number and go do a protection order from the police station because I have a feeling that the guy is gonna end up killing her one way or the other... Either he's gonna kill her with depression, or with his bare hands if one day he finds out that she's moved on with someone.

As for her parents, don't they own the house they live in that they're daughter is paying the bills?
Jogunomi1:

The ex is clearly not over her because after taunting her for a while, apology message would follow. But same cycle will repeat itself next month.

Once she blocks him, he uses another line to message her. There's was a time he called her company receptionist anonymously to ask about this girl.
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by Jogunomi1: 12:16pm On May 27, 2023
Samantha124:
Has she ever considered reporting him to the police because it seems like he's a psycho and he's stalking her, and from what I've heard and read about such people it's that they can be dangerous.

She should change her number and go do a protection order from the police station because I have a feeling that the guy is gonna end up killing her one way or the other... Either he's gonna kill her with depression, or with his bare hands if one day he finds out that she's moved on with someone.

As for her parents, don't they own the house they live in that they're daughter is paying the bills?

It's a rented house. I asked her to involve the police but she said those that have known her to be his fiancée for more than 10 years will say she's wicked.
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by Houseofglam7(f): 12:19pm On May 27, 2023
She should get a restraining order on that maggot !!!!
WTF
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by Gaspardd(m): 12:21pm On May 27, 2023
Whatever the story is...the guiding rule is FEAR WOMEN.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by Hamachi(f): 12:28pm On May 27, 2023
What advice would you give a person who is convinced to commit suicide?
Need Help? Contact a suicide hotline if you need someone to talk to. If you have a friend in need of help, please encourage that person to contact a suicide hotline as well.

Worldwide
In general, if you're outside the US, numbers for your country are here: Help a friend - Befrienders Worldwide. You can also e-mail jo@samaritans.org to talk to someone or visit samaritans.org to speak with someone.
United States
Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
Para español, llame al 1-888-628-9454.
What are the best things to say that will convince someone against suicide?
Hey there, before I continue, I want you to know that my DM’s are always open, and I am always available to talk

(EVERYBODY READ ALL OF THIS)

Honestly, I don’t know what you should say, but I will tell you what I would say

Honey, please don’t do this. I know that right now things are 100% wrong, broken, and incorrect. You may feel weak, small, lonely, I get it

Listen, you might be thinking about ending everything tonight. You might even be writing your note already. If you’re writing your note, write it. Write it and then read it as your mom. Write it and read it as your bestfriend. Write it and r

What can you tell a suicidal person to make them want to live again?
A person who has become suicidal is a person who has typically grown beyond the influence of words, and can only be significantly affected by actions. And even then, there are no guarantees.
But if words are all that can be given to them, I would suggest you start by telling them you love them, and have their back. And holy shit whatever you do, make absolutely sure that you mean what you say. Let them know that they really really do have at least one person in the world who loves them. And then demonstrate this to them, by convincing them to allow you to take them to see a professional… someone who has had success with treating suicidal people. Check their credentials.
Make sure that every word you speak to them is absolutely sincere, and genuinely meant on your part. And follow it up by convincing them that they are worth getting help.
And then, you’ll have a shot at making them want to live again. There are very, very few things in life that you might do that will be as important as this. It is a worthy goal, and not without risk. But saving a life is just about the most rewarding thing a compassionate person could do. Hope you are successful.
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 27, 2023
Sometimes I wonder why should parents burden their children with responsibilities... The parents should have build their own house upon marriage or bought one.

She should just take the risk and go to the police, or get a social worker to accompany her... Or change her number, take her parents and move to another state and start over there.
Jogunomi1:

It's a rented house. I asked her to involve the police but she said those that have known her to be his fiancée for more than 10 years will say she's wicked.
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by Chronosvineberg(m): 12:47pm On May 27, 2023
Jogunomi1:

Share her contact
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by eepeepook: 12:48pm On May 27, 2023
Arrange boys to beat her up. That is an African solution to most problems. Watch her life turn for the better after the act.
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by phorget(m): 2:57pm On May 27, 2023
Jogunomi1:

She's not wicked at all. Even she will borrow money just to make you happy. In my spiritual expedition about her, I found out her spirit-husband is the one chasing men away from her. If such men visit spiritualists, they will say the girl is the reason the guy is not progressing.

Spiritualists kwa?
Ok give her my contact and let me work on her. I wont request for a physical contact neither will she part with her money.

08 0 3 six one 6 8 eight 0 6.
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by Kobojunkie: 3:04pm On May 27, 2023
Jogunomi1:
■ Now she told me she will rather die than go back to work under the husband. I told her to resign. But she said resignation will make the suicide she's thinking of quicker because she's the one taking care of her parents. The company is close to their house in Lagos; should she start looking for another job now and even if she gets another not close to her house, it's another disaster because of a reason I won't like to disclose here.
This girl is Igbo and I'm of a different tribe. I need advice about how to help her because her parents know nothing about all these. Time is running out. .
Find her a professional mental health therapist to talk to ASAP. undecided

She might want to consider getting a new phone number or blocking the number of her ex-turned-stalker so she can get rest from that end. undecided
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by Stevenbright(m): 3:28pm On May 27, 2023
Jogunomi1:

She should save up between now and November. Change environment (work, local government or even state) and her leads: phone number, social media, email etc and start all over again.
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by Mindlog: 4:30pm On May 27, 2023
You are not skilled to help her, it is beyond you as you can not administer nor score suicidal ideation scales and develop the treatment plan needed afterwards, which would be a combination of medication and talk therapy.

Encourage her to seek out a psychiatrist or a clinical psychologist......she needs professional intervention.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by mariahAngel(f): 4:57pm On May 27, 2023
Jogunomi1:

That means the wicked demon is obsessed with her.
The only way to deal with such a wicked demon is spiritually. Trust me!
Otherwise, he'll never stop.
It'll even get to a point, he'll begin to feel like he has the right to, if not dealt with.
If I were her, by the time I'm through with his demonic ass, he will tremble whenever he as much as hears my name.
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by frozen70(f): 5:06pm On May 27, 2023
Jogunomi1:

I think she needs a shoulder

Why not leand your's to her for the mean time

Maybe she will come out of that situation if she gets someone that will be with her

As for the other guy that is taunting her, she can block the guy naw
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by sisisioge: 5:31pm On May 27, 2023
Hmmmm....over thinker eventually runs into depression.

1. Ex still tries to call or text to taunt you. Block his number both calls and text msg.

2. People you and ex have income believe his lies over you, then they are not worth you time. Limit time spent with them.

3. Issue with one of the owners in your place of work, pls find another job.

Simple solutions to issues, only ed.iots think solution to simple challenges like this is suicide. Can you imagine that forgery? Mteeeew! She wants to kill herself over an edi.ot who thinks he is the best thing after bread and butter yet he kept looking back for reassurance. Whew....what an attraction of like minds!
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by bestman09(m): 5:53pm On May 27, 2023
Let her block the guy and move on with her life. Suicide is not an option
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by slam7000(m): 6:22pm On May 27, 2023
Jogunomi1:

She wakes up by 5am to prepare food and other things for her sick parents. The office closes by 6pm but she returns home by 9pm because of her position in the company.

She has no female friends based in Lagos that can visit and she doesn't even confide in people; confiding in me is a coincidence.

I took care of the spiritual aspect which made them send her to another unit the other time.

How old are her parents? This lady needs mental health check, is she the only child of her parents? If the parents are retired or not working due to ill health, Lagos wouldn’t be the best place for them to live. What about their kinsmen?

Has she considered her parents before talking about killing herself? There’s obviously something you are not telling us.
Re: How Can I Stop One Woman I Know From Suicide? by Jogunomi1: 8:02pm On May 27, 2023
slam7000:

How old are her parents? This lady needs mental health check, is she the only child of her parents? If the parents are retired or not working due to ill health, Lagos wouldn’t be the best place for them to live. What about their kinsmen?

Has she considered her parents before talking about killing herself? There’s obviously something you are not telling us.

She's the first born. Her younger brother depends on her and he's in school. Her mom can't work because of illness. Father is getting pea nuts from side hustle.

Kinsmen? Her father helped his younger siblings to the extent that about 3 of those siblings are multimillionaires not resident in Nigeria. They all neglected the father. Thoughts about those father's siblings alone get her angry.

(1) (2) (Reply)

First Child / Is Taking Her Back A Wise Decision? / Is He An Introvert To D Extreme Or Pomposity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.