Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,822 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos (34624 Views)

FG Begins Renovation Of Dodan Barracks / President Tinubu Observe Eid Prayer At Dodan Barracks Lagos. Photos and video / State House, Dodan Barracks To Be Revitalized – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by Tradman: 8:41am On May 29, 2023
Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by Nobody: 8:42am On May 29, 2023
otipoju:

Those are the first assignments of Tinubu. Converting Federal property to personal ownership. The thing dey sweet am die...even though he has accumulated loot to actually buy any property...no way na to convert public property dey sweet am pass

So, the only exposure you have is on Celestial Church matters? You are this naive? The Privatization processes where the Federal Secretariat was sold to PDP agent under dubious deals and the struggling to have the place remains as office complexes are not within your reach, then you are not competent enough to complain on deep political matters.

Otipoju, so, you don't know Obasanjo hated Tinubu with passion because of that Federal Secretariat sales deal. They want to convert it to residences but Tinubu opposed it. It was a legal tussle between the buyer (the company the PDP controller used as front) and Lagos State government that created confusion for them.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by Traplord09: 8:45am On May 29, 2023
homosapien:

That is why I said it's takes a criminal like you to identify him

Homosapien...
Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by candygist: 8:46am On May 29, 2023
otipoju:

I said shut up and stop lying.

You are sounding emotional and inteligent.
Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by homosapien(m): 8:47am On May 29, 2023
Traplord09:

Homosapien...

Traplord09
Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:47am On May 29, 2023
Mumu Army Zombie Army them never see anything.... Soon Argbero will start ordering Army them around... Toothless bulldogs...

Toilet paper.. use and dump...!!
Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by adecz: 8:50am On May 29, 2023
Is the ground his father's property
for him to be dashing the Muslims❓❓

Right from the get-go, Islamic ☪️☪️and
Fulani agendas have always been his
priority ..

Stupid old Islamic fanatic who should
never have been a president, but God
allowed him to punish & teach Nigerians sense❗️❗️

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by riverbird: 8:51am On May 29, 2023
Fujiyama:

How did this thread stray so far away from the main topic?

Tribalism is the cause bro.
Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by Lukuluku69(m): 8:51am On May 29, 2023
wunmi590:

Honestly, I used to weep anyway I pass through there...

My grand mother retired from that same federal secretariat...

Before we go to school then, she has people/maid who used to help her sell food outside the building, where the mechanic used as a dump site to repair car now.

Along with her helpers/maid, we will carry food on our head all the way from obalende Road, our family house there, and we will go to our own school then, just some kilometre (st. George's primary school at falomo)...

Honestly, that place needs to be revamp and put back to shape by the federal government,

The Federal Government doesn't need nor have a use for it anymore. In such cases, the Host state has a first refusal on its disposal. Lagos State asked to buy it but the FG won't sell and it was sold to Babalakin. Lagos State went to Court and I think they are still in Court.

The issues are the Elites (All of them) want that property, so they have been playing Games all along. I actually don't like taking sides in all these fight of theirs. I
Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by Afamed: 8:54am On May 29, 2023
otipoju:

Those are the first assignments of Tinubu. Converting Federal property to personal ownership. The thing dey sweet am die...even though he has accumulated loot to actually buy any property...no way na to convert public property dey sweet am pass

But you already claimed Tinubu owned Lagos, does he still need to convert what belongs to him to himself again?

Every lie has an expiring date

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by wunmi590(m): 8:55am On May 29, 2023
Lukuluku69:
[/b]

The Federal Government doesn't need nor have a use for it anymore. In such cases, the Host state has a first refusal on its disposal. Lagos State asked to buy it but the FG won't sell and it was sold to Babalakin. Lagos State went to Court and I think they are still in Court.

The issues are the Elites (All of them) want that property, so they have been playing Games all along. I actually don't like taking sides in all these fight of theirs. I

Intelligently said brother...

Chai, good old days of that place, how they sold all the things inside and made it empty like that is still a mystery to me....

Na wah for some Nigerians ooo

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by Lukuluku69(m): 9:05am On May 29, 2023
wunmi590:

Intelligently said brother...

Chai, good old days of that place, how they sold all the things inside and made it empty like that is still a mystery to me....

Na wah for some Nigerians ooo

Nothing was sold inside. It was systematically stripped. Furniture, Appliances,Gadgets etc. Everything! Then converted to private use. Perks of Office for them.

They prized ones are the Building and the Land it stood on. And the fight continues.
Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by bionixs: 9:06am On May 29, 2023
otipoju:

e sweet me pass you sef. The one wey go complete my joy na when them go start converting ancestoral lands to sectional through FG
Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by bionixs: 9:10am On May 29, 2023
obawinner:
Since 1993 you all said he owns Lagos, now you're changing the conversation. But for freedom of lack of education having access to internet I will educate you, yes he will put to good use the property through concession the federal properties have been abandoned since the seat of power was moved to Abuja, Lateef Jakande at one time bided for some of the said property for better use as they have been abandoned and illegally occupied but he couldn't. Jagaban will get it back to the rightful owner which is the Lagos state government for the mutual benefits of the citizens.
spokesperson. Imagine how your personal dream has become Tinubu’s dream and plans . E go shock you o.

Go get a job now and get ready for whatever.
The old guy will recover funds he spent , buying being president ; make his profits before asking how Nigeria go run.
Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by obawinner(m): 9:12am On May 29, 2023
Blaze14k:

How about these properties fa.ggot

26 Bourdillion road at ikoyi which is valued at 600million. It was bought with lagos state fund and the money was paid to tinubu and then the property was given back to him.

250 hectares of land at ajah junction which was meant for general hospital for eti osa l.g.a valued at 35billion naira of which he gave the land to his family

1000 hectares of land ibeju-lekki local government valued at 75 billion naira
cry
Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by Gbeng30(m): 9:13am On May 29, 2023
Whether you like it or not ,Lagos belong to tinubu, now that he has become president its just a matter of time ..many drama will be unveil in Lagos.... May God bless Nigeria
Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by Blaze14k: 9:14am On May 29, 2023
obawinner:
cry

Lol cry for what exactly.. dont be stupid the joke is on u.. we just dey here dey examine ur stupidity with microscope. Didnt we survive buhari including u..? 😂😂😂
Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by Visvangel(m): 9:24am On May 29, 2023
I don't know much about Dodan Barracks only that it was the seat of the Federal Military Government. And I know it will surely have a Muslim praying ground in it just like having a Christian chapel.

But can the land of a barrack be given to the external community with certificate of occupancy? Doesn't it sound like religious nepotism? Why don't they take the military to court to reclaim the land if it really belongs to them.

I see this likely setting a wrong precedent..
Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by Nobody: 9:25am On May 29, 2023
Lukuluku69:
[/b]

Don't mix things together. You have a partial idea but your last paragraph is very wrong. Yes, very wrong. Your first paragraph is partially correct. I have written on this many times on nairaland.

First paragraph. You cannot say the FG does not need it nor have a use for it anymore. In Lagos, FG MDAs need more office space. Even in that place, whenever I visit those FG agencies in the bungalows, I see how congested they are and most of them are scattered everywhere in Lagos. They need to be close together for coordination, but it has been sold.

Second paragraph is a major falsehood. It is not elites struggling to possess the building. It is Obasanjo bitterness against Tinubu and Lagos State government that created the problem for the PDP front.

Lagos State Secretariat Alausa is not enough to contain Lagos State Ministries and some vital agencies. Old Secretariat (GRA, Ikeja) have very little ministries. Lagos State is a tenant in many buildings in Lagos (about 70% of Lagos State Department & Agencies are on rented buildings). Lagos State is even a tenant to FG in building complex on the Island and Lagos State agencies scattered everywhere in private buildings. Lagos State appealed to Obasanjo to acquire the Federal Secretariat as Lagos State Secretariat Annex on the Island just like the one at GRA Ikeja (old Secretariat). Obasanjo refused. In the privatization, Lagos State made bid through a private company so that Obasanjo and his fronts will not know, but they know and blocked Lagos State out. They sold the Secretariat to their front. They wanted to convert official building to residential. There is a process for that.

At Alausa Secretariat, the big white complex which has been under construction for years would not have been needed for now.

I will stop here.
Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by Alpharey: 9:30am On May 29, 2023
Praxis758:
The former federal secretariat in Ikoyi became a showdown of itself because Tinubu wanted to convert it to personal property.

That federal secretariat in Ikoyi should be a federal property where FG agencies and institutions should be housed for harmony and corporate coordination.

I’m afraid, we could start seeing some key federal properties being converted to personal properties under this administration.

Do not be afraid, Tinubu can have the whole of Lagos in his pocket if he so wished. That is why he was voted abi selected 🤣🤣
Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by Lukuluku69(m): 9:43am On May 29, 2023
babaolofin:

Don't mix things together. You have a partial idea but your last paragraph is very wrong. Yes, very wrong. Your first paragraph is partially correct. I have written on this many times on nairaland.

First paragraph. You cannot say the FG does not need it nor have a use for it anymore. In Lagos, FG MDAs need more office space. Even in that place, whenever I visit those FG agencies in the bungalows, I see how congested they are and most of them are scattered everywhere in Lagos. They need to be close together for coordination, but it has been sold.

Second paragraph is a major falsehood. It is not elites struggling to possess the building. It is Obasanjo bitterness against Tinubu and Lagos State government that created the problem for the PDP front.

Lagos State Secretariat Alausa is not enough to contain Lagos State Ministries and some vital agencies. Old Secretariat have very little ministries. Lagos State is a tenant in many buildings in Lagos (about 70% of Lagos State Department & Agencies are on rented buildings.. Lagos State is even a tenant to FG in building complex on the Island and Lagos State agencies scattered everywhere in private buildings. Lagos State appealed to Obasanjo to acquire the Fedecretariat as Secretariat Annex on the Island just like the one at GRA Ikeja (old Secretariat). Obasanjo refused. In the privatization, Lagos State made bid through a private company so that Obasanjo and his fronts will not know, but they know and blocked Lagos State out. They sold the Secretariat to their front. They wanted to convert official building to residential. There is a process for that.

At Alausa Secretariat, the big white complex which has been under construction for years would not have been needed for now.

I will stop here.

Baba L'Awori, ki ti gbe? Lol

We are on the same page, just different use of words.

The FG MDAs squatting and cramming little place here and there in Lagos get directives from who? Not you and definitely not me. So, why were they not directed to move in after renovations (they could use the Rentals for Renovations)? I maintain that the Fight over that Property were majorly by the Elites for grabbing purposes only.

You are right that OBJ bitterness couple with the PDP Legendary propensities for Graft played a part in the saga over state of the Old Federal Secretariat, the underlying reasons is always the same: It should be mine since Govt doesn't seem to need it again but I am of the Opinion that it LASG ought to have been allowed the Right Of First Refusal rather than sell it to Babalakin under a Dodgy Bid.

And I am glad you mentioned some people bidding via a Private Front, does this not show that this was a war amongst the Elites to corner that place?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by kayusely70(m): 9:49am On May 29, 2023
obawinner:
Since 1993 you all said he owns Lagos, now you're changing the conversation. But for freedom of lack of education having access to internet I will educate you, yes he will put to good use the property through concession the federal properties have been abandoned since the seat of power was moved to Abuja, Lateef Jakande at one time bided for some of the said property for better use as they have been abandoned and illegally occupied but he couldn't. Jagaban will get it back to the rightful owner which is the Lagos state government for the mutual benefits of the citizens.
You've spoken very well and reasonably too!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by Nobody: 9:52am On May 29, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Baba L'Awori, ki ti gbe? Lol

We are on the same page, just different use of words.

The FG MDAs squatting and cramming little place here and there in Lagos get directives from who? Not you and definitely not me. So, why were they not directed to move in after renovations (they could use the Rentals for Renovations)? I maintain that the Fight over that Property were majorly by the Elites for grabbing purposes only.

You are right that OBJ bitterness couple with the PDP Legendary propensities for Graft played a part in the saga over state of the Old Federal Secretariat, the underlying reasons is always the same: It should be mine since Govt doesn't seem to need it again but I am of the Opinion that it LASG ought to have been allowed the Right Of First Refusal rather than sell it to Babalakin under a Dodgy Bid.

And I am glad you mentioned some people bidding via a Private Front, does this not show that this was a war amongst the Elites to corner that place?

Awori La!

You are 100% correct. I just observed you are avoiding Baba. Obasanjo told Tinubu that Lagos is a jungle in one of his utterances against Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by Lukuluku69(m): 9:52am On May 29, 2023
Visvangel:
I don't know much about Dodan Barracks only that it was the seat of the Federal Military Government. And I know it will surely have a Muslim praying ground in it just like having a Christian chapel.

But can the land of a barrack be given to the external community with certificate of occupancy? Doesn't it sound like religious nepotism? Why don't they take the military to court to reclaim the land if it really belongs to them.

I see this likely setting a wrong precedent..

Nice poser you have here but one thing I can tell you is that the Muslims Community on that Island has been in existence before Dodan Barracks was ever built. That Ground is where the congregate for Decades. The Land has always been theirs.

When the Sit of Government moved to Dodan Barracks when the Khaki boys came, it was shared but I guess because of Security for the sitting Government with it's attendants restrictions, the Muslims sort alternative grounds.

The issue now is this: The Muslims still use the Ground but now, Shops/Containers and all sorts are being erected on the ground, even as a Dumpsite!

That is why the President ordered that the Containers/Shops be removed and if LASG deemed it fit, a CofO be issued. They owned the ground originally.
Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by canalily(m): 9:55am On May 29, 2023
Them never hand over una don de cry wotowoto
Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by Lukuluku69(m): 9:59am On May 29, 2023
babaolofin:

Awori La!

You are 100% correct. I just observed you are avoiding Baba. Obasanjo told Tinubu that Lagos is a jungle in one of his utterances against Lagos.

I know we are one.

In fact I can imagine us (you and I) talking this over like True Son of the Soil that we are.

OBj is like your proverbial Ase buruku, se rere. Some Good mixed with Evil. He knew leaving/giving that place to LASG would mean it going to Tinubu and his cronies. In order to forestall that, he gave it to Babalakin his own crony.

For me, it is just a fight between Two Dogs over a Bone. As the bone, does it matter which dog win? Both are out to lick and chop the bone cheesy
Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by Exclusive101: 10:10am On May 29, 2023
Even when hard ore prove of your lies is being present to you Ipob foolish father you still persist ?! What is the problem of you foolish ipob morons ?

otipoju:

I said shut up and stop lying.
otipoju post=123432569:

Shut up.

Lagos state polytechnic, Ketu Campus is a public property that is now the office for TV Continental owned by Tinubu.

Could this TV station not have been sited anywhere else and built with his own money. Can he not afford to do that with the revenue he generates daily from Alpha Beta?

Stop supporting nonsense and get out of here.
Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by thaoriginator: 10:26am On May 29, 2023
Stephenabudu960:
Like a wise man once said about this incoming tinubu Government

No matter how e be, this government must favour me
And me too, amen🙏🙏🙏
Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by gimakon2(m): 10:38am On May 29, 2023
Praxis758:
The former federal secretariat in Ikoyi became a showdown of itself because Tinubu wanted to convert it to personal property.

That federal secretariat in Ikoyi should be a federal property where FG agencies and institutions should be housed for harmony and corporate coordination.

I’m afraid, we could start seeing some key federal properties being converted to personal properties under this administration.

grin

Una never see anything.
Re: Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos by Nobody: 10:57am On May 29, 2023
Lukuluku69:

I know we are one.

In fact I can imagine us (you and I) talking this over like True Son of the Soil that we are.

OBj is like your proverbial Ase buruku, se rere. Some Good mixed with Evil. He knew leaving/giving that place to LASG would mean it going to Tinubu and his cronies. In order to forestall that, he gave it to Babalakin his own crony.

For me, it is just a fight between Two Dogs over a Bone. As the bone, does it matter which dog win? Both are out to lick and chop the bone cheesy

It has never been a fight between two dogs over a bone. It is bitterness against Tinubu and Lagos State. Lagos State government officially applied to Obasanjo to acquire that place for official purpose which everybody knows but Obasanjo rejected.

Fashola would have renovated that place for Lagos State government. That is why Lagos State government is very determined to see the case to conclusion. The JK Randle centre was released to LASG by FG and it still remains so.

The issue of Federal Secretariat is not elites or class struggling, it is not a case between FG and Lagos State government, it is not a case between Babalakin and LASG, it is an indirect case between Obasanjo and Lagos State government. That is why Obasanjo hates Tinubu with passion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Meets King Charles / Boko Haram Suspected Financier Executed - Which Way Nigeria / Breaking: APC, Senators Call For Saraki’s Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.