Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,329 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 (45722 Views)

How Cabal Caged Osinbajo, Fowler Via EFCC Probes; To Bury Tinubu’s 2023 Ambition / Tinubu 2023 Presidency: New Campaign Group Emerges / 1 Million Register For Tinubu 2023 Project… As Pressure Mounts On APC Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by tunjilana: 6:32pm On May 29, 2023
Those talking about Obasanjo and Shonekan do not really understand the Yoruba progressive philosophy.

Started with the likes of Awolowo and his cohorts and even when they disagree on politics, the progressive ideology will always still be there cos it is firmly rooted in South Western politics.

Then we had Abiola who though funded NPN a non-progressive party against more progressive UPN, later aligned with a lot of progressive Nigerians of UPN stock together into SDP with a manifesto that is more of an offshoot of the UPN/Awo manifesto...

Then you have Tinubu, a product of same stock, which continues into the southwestern AD in 1999. The AD had an offshoot of the Awolowo/UPN manifesto but a bit watered down in line with the realities of that time...Then Tinubu continued carrying the flag, survived OBJ's onslaught in 2003, formed AC, morphed into ACN, still carrying the progressive mindset as witnessed in the developments in Lagos and then formed an alliance of convenience with Buhari to form APC (The much needed northern alliance that was the missing link for Awolowo in his days....and the same northern alliance that didn't work for Abiola) and now he is President...voted and vetted by his own people...4 states out of six and projected properly to national limelight as a southwesterner....As said in his word..."Yoruba lokan and in yoruba land he said it was his own turn"

Compare that with Obasanjo who first came in thru a coup and death of his principal and came a second time without even winning his ward in yorubaland....but brought into limelight by every other tribe apart from his own....he definitely wasn't carrying the progressive mandate....even though they all copy and adapt some part of the UPN manifesto I to their government.

Then Shonekan....who was just a military appointee.

Without a sound knowledge of political history in Nigeria, u wont understand this thread
Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by Ajisebioyolaari: 6:32pm On May 29, 2023
caracas:

Your tribe na mumu tribe…..
Your tribe are the slaves of Nigeria. 50 years from now, no presidency for you. From SW to North to SS to North to SW.....

Go and die

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by lexy2014: 6:32pm On May 29, 2023
olab059:

Do your research...I moved to Ibadan recently, and the works of Awolowo is still very evident here since the 50s, in the educational sector. Tinubu built massive Government secondary schools all over Lagos...from Bariga, to Ogba, to Egbeda area...those schools still stand till this day. Go and do your research.

What are the works of Awolowo done in the 50s that are still evident in Ibadan?

What are the "massive Government secondary schools all over Lagos"?

How does that mean"prioritizing" education?

When you say "those schools still stand till this day", is it like they were supposed to have fallen or crashed or is Tinubu the first governor to build facilities in Lagos that are still in use till today?

Where does Abiola fit into all this?
Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by Ajisebioyolaari: 6:32pm On May 29, 2023
randymirrors:

I support you 100%
thanks my Sister
Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by lexy2014: 6:33pm On May 29, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

Chukwudi akuko-abiamma, alias Potopoto Champion!

That's great. How did you come about the name?
Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by Ajisebioyolaari: 6:34pm On May 29, 2023
Oboto700:
Yoruba wey no get mind... See as cows get level pass Everybody for buhari govt.. let's what you can do
Why una no show for Eagle Square today? Online miscreants. We show una pepper for Lagos during the elections. Now, we are taking over Abuja. Do anyhow, see anyhow.

Meanwhile, na true say your mama go drink your papa corpse water when he die? Abi she don already drink am? 🤮

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by Bobbiee: 6:37pm On May 29, 2023
All three hopeless tribalists. That's why Obj and Shonekan wasn't mentioned. According to the bigots, these men were sell outs.
Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by richie240: 6:38pm On May 29, 2023
deji17:

Sonekan? OBJ is anti Yoruba
Yep!
Out of all d Yorubas dt have mounted/attempted to mount the seat, only awolowo, mko and falae and Tinubu were/are d true choice(s) of Yorubas.

Neither shonekan nor obj were Yorubas choices.

Achor1111:
Why omitting other Yoruba leaders?

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by iampeterben(m): 6:38pm On May 29, 2023
It's well oh! So Obasanjo and Shonekan are jokes to yoruba people.
Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by Occurstaem(m): 6:38pm On May 29, 2023
solmusdesigns:
cool

Obasanjo and Ernest Sonekan are Yorubas

Kikiiki. Envy na serious issues

Obasanjo Head of State 4years 70sGCFR
Ernest Sonekan GCFR
Obasanjo President 1999- 2007 8yearsGCFR
Osinbajo Vice President 2015-2023 8yearsGCON
Tinubu President GCFR

Tunde Idiagbon
Saraki
Dimeji bankole
Gbajabiamila

You forgot Patricia Olubunmi Etteh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by Oboto700(m): 6:38pm On May 29, 2023
Ajisebioyolaari:
Why una no show for Eagle Square today? Online miscreants. We show una pepper for Lagos during the elections. Now, we are taking over Abuja. Do anyhow, see anyhow.

Meanwhile, na true say your mama go drink your papa corpse water when he die? Abi she don already drink am? 🤮
kini opoonu yin so jade lenu bayi?
Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by BidenDTrounced: 6:40pm On May 29, 2023
Nairaland don start with thier Jubrin from Sudan nonsense again.
Jubrin just handed over to the conqueror of the West.
The delusion of seun's mods don increase since the inauguration grin
Reality slapped them in the face
I'm a therapist, talk to me grin
My advice to you is to jump inside the lagoon (Lagos lagoon specifically).

Today's Tinubu's inauguration day...it's happy hour cool
Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by olab059(m): 6:41pm On May 29, 2023
lexy2014:

When you say "those schools still stand till this day", is it like they were supposed to have fallen or crashed or is Tinubu the first governor to build facilities in Lagos that are still in use till today?

Bro, going through your previous posts, it is evident that it would be a waste of time bantering with you. Abeg go with your negative energy.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by Goodlady(f): 6:41pm On May 29, 2023
Mabizeka:
Tinubu: May 2023- July 2023.

Modified. I meant he will be removed by the court. I'm not wishing him death.
You and Pst Feyi and other Pst of doom are sick!
Kiss this yansh!

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by GEEBITE: 6:41pm On May 29, 2023
It is those self serving stuff. Awo was in jail in 1963.
nlfpmod:
This funny APC poster is circulating on social media. We found it on WhatsApp. What do you think?
Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by solmusdesigns: 6:42pm On May 29, 2023
Occurstaem:

You forgot Patricia Olubunmi Etteh
..thanks
Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by BidenDTrounced: 6:43pm On May 29, 2023
AntiChristian:
We ask Allah to guide BAT and whoever he appoints to ease the affairs of the teeming masses!

May it be for all of us as we wish!

Whoever looks down and hope for the failure of the new government will fail woefully in all endeavors as hoped!

And whoever is hopeful for the good and betterment of the new government and Nigeria will surely encounter good and geometric increase in orderliness and wealth!

May all policy saboteurs be arrested and doomed!

Aamin!
These Nairaland moderators of doom have been uneasy since Tinubu's inauguration.
We warned them but they'll rather listen to the West. They were disappointed and it makes me happy grin

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by richie240: 6:44pm On May 29, 2023
Obj? We don dash igbo tey-tey, no even go there!
cool
Timoleon:
Obasanjo Na itsekiri man ba?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by Mabizeka: 6:46pm On May 29, 2023
Goodlady:

You and Pst Feyi and other Pst of doom are sick!
Kiss this yansh!
You are too dirty as a woman. You always use dirty stuffs as your weapon against opponents. Why should a sane woman be posting used sanitary pad and other disgusting stuffs as a clap back? I feel for the man that will end up with you.
Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by lexy2014: 6:47pm On May 29, 2023
olab059:

Bro, going through your previous posts, it is evident that it would be a waste of time bantering with you. Abeg go with your negative energy.

Since you have positive energy, I don't see any reason why you can't answer the questions which are based on your claims except you saying your claims are baseless.

Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by lexy2014: 6:52pm On May 29, 2023
AntiChristian:
We ask Allah to guide BAT and whoever he appoints to ease the affairs of the teeming masses!

May it be for all of us as we wish!

Whoever looks down and hope for the failure of the new government will fail woefully in all endeavors as hoped!

And whoever is hopeful for the good and betterment of the new government and Nigeria will surely encounter good and geometric increase in orderliness and wealth!

May all policy saboteurs be arrested and doomed!

Aamin!

If you are praying for Allah to guide Tinubu, then its obvious you don't believe that Tinubu has any idea about what he should do
Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by BidenDTrounced: 6:53pm On May 29, 2023
A Nairaland moderator is indirectly wishing death on President Tinubu (first day of his presidency...unbelievable).
Hear this and hear me well, Tinubu will govern Nigeria for 8 years.

You and your family members will perish within 15 years... it's guaranteed.
Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by lexy2014: 6:56pm On May 29, 2023
richie240:

Yep!
Out of all d Yorubas dt have mounted/attempted to mount the seat, only awolowo, mko and falae and Tinubu were/are d true choice(s) of Yorubas.

Neither shonekan nor obj were Yorubas choices.

What do you mean by "Yoruba choice"?

What happened to Awolowo in 1963 and how does that relate to Abiola of 1993?
Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by Alchemist231(m): 6:58pm On May 29, 2023
nlfpmod:
This funny APC poster is circulating on social media. We found it on WhatsApp. What do you think?
M.k.o? I’m lost
Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by lexy2014: 7:00pm On May 29, 2023
tunjilana:
Those talking about Obasanjo and Shonekan do not really understand the Yoruba progressive philosophy.

Started with the likes of Awolowo and his cohorts and even when they disagree on politics, the progressive ideology will always still be there cos it is firmly rooted in South Western politics.

Then we had Abiola who though funded NPN a non-progressive party against more progressive UPN, later aligned with a lot of progressive Nigerians of UPN stock together into SDP with a manifesto that is more of an offshoot of the UPN/Awo manifesto...

Then you have Tinubu, a product of same stock, which continues into the southwestern AD in 1999. The AD had an offshoot of the Awolowo/UPN manifesto but a bit watered down in line with the realities of that time...Then Tinubu continued carrying the flag, survived OBJ's onslaught in 2003, formed AC, morphed into ACN, still carrying the progressive mindset as witnessed in the developments in Lagos and then formed an alliance of convenience with Buhari to form APC (The much needed northern alliance that was the missing link for Awolowo in his days....and the same northern alliance that didn't work for Abiola) and now he is President...voted and vetted by his own people...4 states out of six and projected properly to national limelight as a southwesterner....As said in his word..."Yoruba lokan and in yoruba land he said it was his own turn"

Compare that with Obasanjo who first came in thru a coup and death of his principal and came a second time without even winning his ward in yorubaland....but brought into limelight by every other tribe apart from his own....he definitely wasn't carrying the progressive mandate....even though they all copy and adapt some part of the UPN manifesto I to their government.

Then Shonekan....who was just a military appointee.

Without a sound knowledge of political history in Nigeria, u wont understand this thread

What is the "progressive mandate"?

How does Obasanjos military career and everything other thing u typed make him any less a Yoruba man?

What happened to Awolowo in 1963 and how does it relate to Abiola of 1993 and Tinubu of 2023?
Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by jahsharon: 7:02pm On May 29, 2023
Mabizeka:
Tinubu: May 2023- July 2023.

Modified. I meant he will be removed by the court. I'm not wishing him death.

Anything you wish him will happen to you.

Raymon Dokpesi just die. You may be next

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by richie240: 7:06pm On May 29, 2023
Very simple:
**1963 Awo was like a yoruba demi God, he didn't succeed in '63

#1993: Yorubas wanted MkO He won, but couldn't get there. Yorubas didn't vote /want shonekan d opportunist

**1999 Yorubas preferred falae to obj

**2023 Tinubu is Yorubas choice.
cool
lexy2014:

What do you mean by "Yoruba choice"?

What happened to Awolowo in 1963 and how does that relate to Abiola of 1993?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by lexy2014: 7:11pm On May 29, 2023
richie240:
Very simple:
**1963 Awo was like a yoruba demi God, he didn't succeed in '63

#1993: Yorubas wanted MkO He won, but couldn't get there. Yorubas didn't vote /want shonekan d opportunist

**1999 Yorubas preferred falae to obj

**2023 Tinubu is Yorubas choice.
cool

You didn't answer my questions.

1. What do you mean by "Yoruba choice"? Pls explain the concept.

2. What happened to Awolowo in 1963 and how does that relate to Abiola of 1993?

3. What did Awolowo not succeed at in 1963?

4. If Yorubas didn't vote for Shonekan, who voted for him?

5. Was it only Yorubas that voted for Abiola in 1993?
Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by Bobdaddy0007(m): 7:14pm On May 29, 2023
Nazgul:
I don't know much about Awo, so I won't write much about him. All I know is that he gave free education to the SW and lost his presidential ambition to shagari.

As for MKO, IBB had no plans of relinquishing power to a Southerner that's why he canceled the June 12 election. MKO's biggest error was ordering Gen Abacha to step down and calling his government an illegal one. If he had just waited patiently and not confront the military, who knows, Gen Abdusalam might have handed over to him in 1999 and not Obasanjo.

Tinubu reminds me of one proverb that used to reign during my university days when I newly gained admission. They'll say... "Person way de read na him serious, person way pass na him know book" this proverb as I came to understand was meant for those who were ready to do whatever it takes to pass their courses, copying, impersonation, sorting...etc. So when the results are out and you see one unserious student clearing all his courses, don't be surprised.

Tinubu is like an average Nigerian student who was ready to do whatever it takes to pass his courses. He won this election because he understood exactly how Nigerian politics is played, and got down into the mud to wrestle with his opponents.

I didn't vote for him, but whether I like it or not, he's going to be my president for the next 4 years. So I wish him all the best and pray that he makes Nigerians have cause to smile.

God blessed you my broda

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by Shikena(m): 7:15pm On May 29, 2023
lexy2014:

What happened to Awolowo in 1963?
Jailed for treasonable felony.
Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by Arapmoi22: 7:19pm On May 29, 2023
lexy2014:

You didn't answer my questions.

1. What do you mean by "Yoruba choice"? Pls explain the concept.

2. What happened to Awolowo in 1963 and how does that relate to Abiola of 1993?

3. What did Awolowo not succeed at in 1963?

4. If Yorubas didn't vote for Shonekan, who voted for him?

5. Was it only Yorubas that voted for Abiola in 1993?

I don't think you deserved an answer.
You must be one of the yahoo yahoo generation who doesn't read anything about history.
How can you be asking the bolded.
Your ignorance is masterclass.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo: 1963. MKO: 1993. Tinubu: 2023 by lexy2014: 7:19pm On May 29, 2023
Shikena:

Jailed for treasonable felony.

Ok. How is that related to Abiola of 1963 and Tinubu of 2023?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Arrives Lokoja Court In Police Ambulance (Photo) / Wike Weeps As PDP Blocks His Gubernatorial Aspirations / Access Card For Entering Zahra Buhari & Ahmed Indimi's Wedding Venue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.