Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,917 members, 7,810,523 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day (7371 Views)

Okada Riders Take Over Abuja Express, Headed To Eagle Square (photos) / Photo: Aisha Buhari Arrives Eagle Square For The Inauguration / Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by smile4kenn(m): 2:10am On Sep 29, 2011
MEND threatens to bomb Eagle Square October 1

THE Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta has threatened to bomb Eagle Square, Abuja, on Independence Day.

In an e-mail statement by its spokesman, Jomo Gbomo, on Wednesday, MEND warned members of the public to stay away from Eagles Square and its surroundings.

The militant group explained in the statement that Nigerians had nothing to celebrate 51 years after independence.

It noted that the statement served as a first and final warning to the members of the public, maintaining that no additional warning would be issued.

“On October 1, 2011, The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta intends to place bombs within and in the immediate vicinity of Eagle square, venue of the proposed 2011 independence anniversary celebrations.

“After fifty one years of independence, Nigerians still have nothing to celebrate. The general public is strongly advised to consider this as a first and final warning.

“No additional warnings will be issued subsequent to deployment or detonation of these devices which will be novel in nature,” the three-paragraph statement read.

The militant group had claimed responsibility for the bomb attack that destroyed lives and property on October 1, 2010, during Nigeria’s 50th Independence anniversary celebration.

The incident led to the arrest and the ongoing prosecution of MEND’s leader, Henry Okah, in South Africa.

http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201109295194062
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by strangest(m): 7:52am On Sep 29, 2011
OMG!! Bombs everywhere, this country is turning to Iraq
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by nku5: 7:57am On Sep 29, 2011
Wetin be all this one, are we now pakistan? I don't know if anyone can connect the dots but it is becoming obvious that its degenerating to a proxy war. In other words, u got your terrorists and I've got my thugs
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by gogodaye(m): 7:59am On Sep 29, 2011
Oh my God! Goodluck,
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by frankjoe84: 7:59am On Sep 29, 2011
na wah o
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by Mannylex(m): 8:03am On Sep 29, 2011
They are trying to gain attention, the camera has long shifted from them to Boko Haram, so they are trying to get the attention back to them. But it's only stupíd that some people gain pleasure causing violence. This is wat the goverment gets when they negotiate with terrorists. They shouldn't have negotiated with  Boko Haram,  because the aftermath would only be a morale booster to them and to militant groups. . .
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by tallfact: 8:04am On Sep 29, 2011
O God, I don't understand again! Who is who? Boko-Haram, MEND, etc. Hope these people are not the same set of people that splits themselves up  across Nigeria. May God help us.
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by ITOOKNOW1: 8:05am On Sep 29, 2011
what is happening  should not be a suprise it is only the sign of the endtime. Jesus is coming soon repent today.
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by Demdem(m): 8:07am On Sep 29, 2011
I tot THE RETARDEEn told us that there is no longer MEND (since all has been settled - Amnesty) Beaf went as far as telling us that Jomo Gbomo has been arrested. Something is wrong somewhere or is this BokoMEND
I weep for my nation.
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by frederal(m): 8:19am On Sep 29, 2011
In the true sense of it, Nigeria got nothing but a mere existence. It hurts cos d realities of today don't give
hope
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 29, 2011
Is there no limit to stupidity and madness?
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by Beaf: 8:22am On Sep 29, 2011
Demdem:

I tot THE RETARDEEn told us that there is no longer MEND (since all has been settled - Amnesty) Beaf went as far as telling us that Jomo Gbomo has been arrested. Something is wrong somewhere or is this BokoMEND
I weep for my nation.

You are a fool. Wiser people know that those carrying out bombings across the country are all aboki.
Abeg clear from my eyes, I strongly detest foolishness especially from grown men with thick hair in their arses. Will people sell you and yours before you get wise?
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by 0Edward0(m): 8:22am On Sep 29, 2011
Demdem:

I tot THE RETARDEEn told us that there is no longer MEND (since all has been settled - Amnesty) Beaf went as far as telling us that Jomo Gbomo has been arrested. Something is wrong somewhere or is this BokoMEND grin grin grin
I weep for my nation.

@Bold, Which one be this again, where Henry Okah dey no be him be Jomo Gbomo?
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by 0Edward0(m): 8:24am On Sep 29, 2011
Abi all these aboki don turn Jomo Gbomo
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by Beaf: 8:25am On Sep 29, 2011
0Edward0:

Abi all these aboki don turn Jomo Gbomo

Aboki has been forming Jomo Gbomo for a very long time.
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 29, 2011
So which mend is this ? Original or Fake ?
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by 0Edward0(m): 8:30am On Sep 29, 2011
~Bluetooth:

So which mend is this ? Original or Fake ?

Abeg let this be fake, so when the real one (that is if he is still there) comes out, dem BH go know how far, because dem BH done take this thing too far, cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by Jenticles(f): 8:32am On Sep 29, 2011
They should blow up d entire country why only eagle square hissssssssssssss instead of dem 2 fight Boko haram, may God punish all of them in Jesus name. Mend, Boko haram or whatever should look 4 work or job pls stop tormenting innocent citizens.
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by Demdem(m): 8:34am On Sep 29, 2011
Beaf:

You are a fool. Wiser people know that those carrying out bombings across the country are all aboki.
Abeg clear from my eyes, I strongly detest foolishness especially from grown men with thick hair in their arses. Will people sell you and yours before you get wise?

grin grin grin grin grin

Accursed, i know u will never disappoint. Always living ur own life to your name. Until u can subtantiate at least minimally ur idiotic opinion about BOKOMEND, i will advise u to stop lying.
By the way, MEND has threatened just like they did last year. Its advisable to tell the RETARDEEN not to leave Aso villa ooo this time around and asked all Nigerians to stay indoors. The security Guys wont be able to protect any1 .
What the so called wise people like u dont understand is that:

The ant wey the chop vegetable lives with the vegetable.

ODE OSHI !!!!!
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by gentleoyink: 8:37am On Sep 29, 2011
A simple question- so some of you believe MEND has got nothing to do, except to wait for October first to bomb Eagle Square every year?

The people trying to rubbish GEJ's Govt using Boko Haram are still the ones trying to make him look stupid because of the statement he made last year.

The truth is, MEND (I mean the one that existed before Amnesty) did not bomb Eagle Square, the people who did it thought the name MEND was a good cover- but it did not work as planned so the had to use the name Boko H.
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by Demdem(m): 8:38am On Sep 29, 2011
0Edward0:

@Bold, Which one be this again, where Henry Okah dey no be him be Jomo Gbomo?

That was what we were told by the government and he has come out to deny such. For this he is still being tried in SA. Until this is substantiated, all options are still opened.

Beaf:

Aboki has been forming Jomo Gbomo for a very long time.

Since when Accursed  
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by Beaf: 8:40am On Sep 29, 2011
Demdem:

grin grin grin grin grin

Accursed, i know u will never disappoint. Always living your own life to your name. Until u can subtantiate at least minimally your idiotic opinion about BOKOMEND, i will advise u to stop lying.
By the way, MEND has threatened just like they did last year. Its advisable to tell the RETARDEEN not to leave Aso villa ooo this time around and asked all Nigerians to stay indoors. The security Guys wont be able to protect any1 .
What the so called wise people like u dont understand is that:

The ant wey the chop vegetable lives with the vegetable.

ODE OSHI !!!!!

You can continue to pretend to think like a teenager when the hair in your arse is as thick as grass. All ND militants are abroad or fully employed, the only people bombing are aboki's, but fools like you are around to profit from blood and tell lies like its going out of fashion.

@topic
For those who do not know, one name has repeatedly been mentioned as trying to recruit thugs. It is general Ibrahim Babangida.
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by Demdem(m): 8:43am On Sep 29, 2011
A "criminous" organisation will always be "criminous" whether amnesty dey or not.
The president can infact be their spokesman, that still doesnt change the fact that they are still criminals.
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by maclatunji: 8:45am On Sep 29, 2011
gentleoyink:

A simple question- so some of you believe MEND has got nothing to do, except to wait for October first to bomb Eagle Square every year?

The people trying to rubbish GEJ's Govt using Boko Haram are still the ones trying to make him look silly because of the statement he made last year.

The truth is, MEND (I mean the one that existed before Amnesty) did not bomb Eagle Square, the people who did it thought the name MEND was a good cover- but it did not work as planned so the had to use the name Boko H.

I am tired of you people who claim to "have inside information", "know better than all of us", "have the required wisdom to run this country", "have unhindered access to the President" yet you fail to prevent innocent people from being killed for no good reason. Spare us the wisecracks and do what responsible governments in other parts of the world do- act more talk less.
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by Beaf: 8:51am On Sep 29, 2011
^
Yeah, we have information and we're telling you. It would be foolish not to listen.
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by maclatunji: 8:54am On Sep 29, 2011
Beaf:

^
Yeah, we have information and we're telling you. It would be foolish not to listen.

I laugh in Chinese. Pray do tell- what am I supposed to do with your information?
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by Demdem(m): 8:55am On Sep 29, 2011
Beaf:

You can continue to pretend to think like a teenager when the hair in your arse is as thick as grass.

grin grin grin u love using that word Arse. Does every1 has to know u are a gay Idiot Abegiii, chop ur tin from the pix below.
My position is the FG should simply av an open mind in their investigation. It could be anybody. Either ND MEND, BOKOMEND or even AFENIFEREMEND etc. Your decision to exclude one section as aginst the other because of ur hatred for them is simply horrible.

All ND militants are abroad or fully employed, the only people bombing are aboki's,

Ode, do u mean to say all or some. If all it means all the Warlords inclusive. As i was driving by this morning, one former useless warlord was chilling in front of his house drinking palmwine.

but fools like you are around to profit from blood and tell lies like its going out of fashion.

Accursed, all killings should be condemned by all. I never said such dont divert the topic as usual
@topic

For those who do not know, one name has repeatedly been mentioned as trying to recruit thugs. It is general Ibrahim Babangida.

OOOO idiot, not Buhari again LIAR. grin grin grin grin

Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by Demdem(m): 8:59am On Sep 29, 2011
Beaf:

^

grin grin grin grin

Can any truth ever come out from the mouth of BEAF Its like the devil himself claiming he has information. ELEPE !!!!
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by lafuria1(m): 9:10am On Sep 29, 2011
Why will bokoharam want 2 impersonate Mend. I knw most pple will hv no prblm if it read bokoharam. It will be in d intrest of d real or wateva mend dat exist to deny it.
Why wont mend bomb Abj wen they stil want more money, were sme ex militant nt protestin of sme unpaid allawe.
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by Beaf: 9:31am On Sep 29, 2011
la furia:

Why will bokoharam want 2 impersonate Mend. I knw most pple will hv no prblm if it read bokoharam. It will be in d intrest of d real or wateva mend dat exist to deny it.
Why wont mend bomb Abj wen they stil want more money, were sme ex militant nt protestin of sme unpaid allawe.

What do you think about this then? The militants have complained over and over about IBB trying to recruit them to destabilise the govt. Any bombing you hear of is all from aboki through IBB and his fellows:

“We suspended our armed campaign for the independence of the Niger Delta when we discovered that General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida and his co-travellers in the Northern Political Leaders Forum (NPLF) were attempting to fund hoodlums in our region to engage in terrorist activities aimed at painting a picture that the Niger Delta freedom fighters are against the Presidential ambition of President Goodluck Jonathan. We saw that the activities of criminal groups funded by the NPLF to oppose the Nigerian President would taint our genuine struggle for the independence of Niger Delta. However, we do not have anything against the Presidential ambition of President Goodluck Jonathan who happens to be from our region that has been politically marginalized under the heavy burden of internal colonialism.

http://lindaikeji..com/2011/04/arrest-northern-leaders-now-or-we.html

Every Nigerian should know these things, but we hate reading.
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by ufumes(m): 9:41am On Sep 29, 2011
They cant do nothing. It's just an empty threat.
Re: Mend Threatens To Bomb Eagle Square On Independence Day by Obinoscopy(m): 9:43am On Sep 29, 2011
My advice to everyone in Abuja is this:
If you treasure your life, stay indoors on the 1st of October.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Governor Babatunde Fashola / We Are Ready For Reconcilliation, Sheriff-led PDP Says.. / $9.6bn Judgment: FG, P&ID Head For Showdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.