Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol (91343 Views)

Naira, Petrol Hoarders Plotting Interim Government, Tinubu Alleges / The Unforgettable Tenure When Bag Of Rice Was 3500 Naira & Petrol Was 65 Naira / Omokri Prays For Leah Sharibu's Freedom At 900-year-old Church In Ethiopia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol by JaskanFactor: 10:45am On May 31, 2023
blueAgent:

Total crap.

who says your opinion matters, for all i know you could be from the same village as Adolf Hitler , and you just here to keep an eye on niggers.
I had to go check your other posts to get an idea.

No its not crap, its only crap to the enemies of african people, enemies of the Orignal man whom you refer to as black in one of your posts.

And yes the original man is the jew ,the European , the Egyptian, the chinses, Japanese , Indian and they all been wiped out leaving only Africa as last refuge of the original man in this end times contrary to a topic you started.

In Japan Samurai means dark skin man

In Germany Schwarzenegger means dark skin man

And the wicked always get what they deserve, so no sweat.

More crap for you to digest
Re: Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol by Switruth: 10:50am On May 31, 2023
sketcherJ:
even in some places, I hear it’s still 250. You know it’s the greedy market sellers deciding the rate at which they will sell it? I asked because I want to know if there is a chance the fuel will be more expensive in the east or south south because the sellers see it as a way to generate more hate for the new administration?

Cos a guy confirmed to me in Warri that some are selling for 500, in the west, I haven’t seen staggering prices like this. Yet on social media, we are seeing prices like 600,900 etc where exactly are people buying fuel from at this prices?
I left ogunu shell golf course where I had a round of golf then drove down to benin where I queued to get fuel at @ 610/ltr cos I’m driving down to Asaba after a meeting in benin. Bro ask around you....maybe I’ll come fill up my tank and come meet you for another refueling. If it’s panic buying then it need to be corrected as I hear some gas stations are being sealed up.
Re: Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol by babydioku(f): 10:52am On May 31, 2023
Stupid afonjas will see post on high cost of fuel over removal of subsidy they will shamelessly post picture of peter saying he will remove subsidy
Bunch of cowards
Re: Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol by seunayantokun(m): 11:24am On May 31, 2023
Agadinaagwuofe:
[/b]

I am responding to you because you seem more of someone with good head. At the bolded, irrespective of who is at the helms of affair there will be heavy criticism from direct opposition so it has nothing to do with unnecessary bitterness, that's just deflection of real issues and whether you like it or not, many will keep criticizing him till next 4/8 years. So don't fall into the tribal tricks. Opposition parties will always have a say, it's disingenuous and wickedness when some foolish people try to play the tribal card because that's the only tool they know how to play.

The issue I see in all the announcement is timing. Nigeria economy is volatile hence information should be managed let alone Subsidy.Everyone is ready to adjust to life with increments in fuel price due to the removal hence the topic made a lot of headlines few weeks ago but the major grouse is he shouldn't have announced it since the government isn't ready yet. The announcement brought the panic buy and gave the unscrupulous business men the advantage.One of the basics of governance is information management because it can actually ruin a lot of things. Now it will take weeks for things to get back to normal that's if it will but many citizens have been subjected to untold hardship. It should be a learning point. Just imagine after this stresses and finally it was removed end of June, it will always put the government in the bad book of many Nigerian poor masses. Let the government starts putting measures immediately on ground to ameliorate the sufferings if they are serious about taking it away by the end of June.

Many people have been disillusioned by any policy by the government hence you see a lot of people critical about any policy even if it will favour them because they have lost trust to the governance, so there is no need starting on this note cos this will eventually taint his government with less support

Good response from you.
However, I should like to suggest to you that you discontinue using 'tribes' or 'tribal' to describe nationalities in Nigeria. Alternatives are ethnicities, ethnic groups, peoples, or people groups. We have to stop using words portraying us as uncivilised groups of people. Even the West wouldn't so describe us, but if we continue to see ourselves as tribes, they'll describe us so. There is no tribe in Europe, why should we remain tribes here?

Secondly, I wish to re-state that by my heart, confession and profession, I remain far-removed from ethnic politics which I believe you meant by 'tribal tricks' until there is no more Nigeria as it is constituted today.

Also, I think we are on the same page regarding the necessity of criticism of hhe government by the opposition which is part of the savours of democracy. In fact, the opposition may criticise sometimes just for the sake of 'pull them down', but it will be issue-based. Western countries, especially the UK, is replete with examples of such. If you looked at my post again, you would see that I didn't hide where my interest lay at all with regard to the last presidential election . Look at it, Obi was a national candidate, not a candidate of any ethnicity. That was why we voted for him in Lagos and he won handsomely here. His victory indicated that APC had been finished in Lagos and the gubernatorial election was going the way of LP. But someone somewhere somehow started an ethnic jingoism insulting the sensibility of the Yoruba people, and it became 'the Igbo want to take over Lagos but we won't let that happen '. Even members of the Yoruba Nation who were always against APC and Tinubu moved and drummed up a Yoruba-interest support for Sanwo-Olu. Whether rigged or not, the fact remains that a lot of Yoruba voters changed their minds and voted for APC which they initially didn't envisage.

That kind of bitter ethnic politics should have been avoided in the interest of all of us. For me, it was like God had given us an opportunity to deliver ourselves from the shackles and fetters of Tinubu in Lagos but we frittered it away. Getting it back at the governorship election petition tribunal or the supreme court is difficult. The same goes for the presidential election petition tribunal where the three candidates are currently battling. So, given our peculiar past and recent sociopolitical history, the much-needed business of criticising government policies and political decision makers when they misbehave has to be carefully done to gain and continue to gain followership across all sections of Nigeria, because if LP has not got it now, the process of building must continue to make sure we get at the next election. But if care is not taken, given the present circumstances, LP MAY slide into sectionalism and end up becoming an Igbo party. I am saying it the way I personally feel. Perception matters at this point and it would be foolhardy to think otherwise.

Therefore, if you criticise subsidy removal based on timing, that is fine. For me, the president 'mistalked' by even mentioning it at all in his speech. Why must it talk about it since Buhari has excluded it from the budgetary provisions as from June 2023. He should just have moved on quickly and quietly implementing it. But because he wants to take credit for taking Nigeria out of the scam, he shouted it out. A criticism along that kind of line would be fine, not just insulting the president or his government without saying why you're not happy with him. That is what some people on this platform have done.
Re: Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol by favour32(m): 11:37am On May 31, 2023
Una go hear am.
APC and kolo people wey dey support dem.
If dem like make fuel be 5k per liter ,I nor send una.
Na una hungry and suffer go punish.
This is just a tip of an iceberg.
Re: Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol by Agadinaagwuofe: 11:59am On May 31, 2023
seunayantokun:

Good response from you.
However, I should like to suggest to you that you discontinue using 'tribes' or 'tribal' to describe nationalities in Nigeria. Alternatives are ethnicities, ethnic groups, peoples, or people groups. We have to stop using words portraying us as uncivilised groups of people. Even the West wouldn't so describe us, but if we continue to see ourselves as tribes, they'll describe us so. There is no tribe in Europe, why should we remain tribes here?

Secondly, I wish to re-state that by my heart, confession and profession, I remain far-removed from ethnic politics which I believe you meant by 'tribal tricks' until there is no more Nigeria as it is constituted today.

Also, I think we are on the same page regarding the necessity of criticism of hhe government by the opposition which is part of the savours of democracy. In fact, the opposition may criticise sometimes just for the sake of 'pull them down', but it will be issue-based. Western countries, especially the UK, is replete with examples of such. If you looked at my post again, you would see that I didn't hide where my interest lay at all with regard to the last presidential election . Look at it, Obi was a national candidate, not a candidate of any ethnicity. That was why we voted for him in Lagos and he won handsomely here. His victory indicated that APC had been finished in Lagos and the gubernatorial election was going the way of LP. But someone somewhere somehow started an ethnic jingoism insulting the sensibility of the Yoruba people, and it became 'the Igbo want to take over Lagos but we won't let that happen '. Even members of the Yoruba Nation who were always against APC and Tinubu moved and drummed up a Yoruba-interest support for Sanwo-Olu. Whether rigged or not, the fact remains that a lot of Yoruba voters changed their minds and voted for APC which they initially didn't envisage.

That kind of bitter ethnic politics should have been avoided in the interest of all of us. For me, it was like God had given us an opportunity to deliver ourselves from the shackles and fetters of Tinubu in Lagos but we frittered it away. Getting it back at the governorship election petition tribunal or the supreme court is difficult. The same goes for the presidential election petition tribunal where the three candidates are currently battling. So, given our peculiar past and recent sociopolitical history, the much-needed business of criticising government policies and political decision makers when they misbehave has to be carefully done to gain and continue to gain followership across all sections of Nigeria, because if LP has not got it now, the process of building must continue to make sure we get at the next election. But if care is not taken, given the present circumstances, LP MAY slide into sectionalism and end up becoming an Igbo party. I am saying it the way I personally feel. Perception matters at this point and it would be foolhardy to think otherwise.

Therefore, if you criticise subsidy removal based on timing, that is fine. For me, the president 'mistalked' by even mentioning it at all in his speech. Why must it talk about it since Buhari has excluded it from the budgetary provisions as from June 2023. He should just have moved on quickly and quietly implementing it. But because he wants to take credit for taking Nigeria out of the scam, he shouted it out. A criticism along that kind of line would be fine, not just insulting the president or his government without saying why you're not happy with him. That is what some people on this platform have done.

Noted. I will always keep to using ethnicities or group of people.

I really love your detailed explanation and yes I completely agree with most of the things. Most people from different ethnic group might not even meet themselves throughout their life time even when they are in the same country hence the ethnicities is never the problem. If the government becomes good everyone will benefit irrespective of the ethnicity of the head of government. I seriously wish one day many Nigerians will realize all these and focus on the most important thing which is betterment of the masses. It irks me whenever politicians meet their fellow politicians on how to win election instead of talking to the masses hence my only reason to support PO. I have always believe until the masses are given the power to be making the choices of leadership many politicians will still be taking then for fools. That's how it's done in any civilized world, talk to masses and seek their mandates and tell them what you can do, this issues of aspirants meeting governors, ministers and top politicians to help determine your winning is always going to set the country backwards. We have suffered enough in this country.

What you're seeing on the platform is just the resultant effects of the bad ethnic politics played by the politicians, many people felt aggrieved because they felt they were profiled or rather short changed simply because of their ethnic group hence you always read the ad hominems and watery criticism. I don't support such and wish one day many will rise above that but again the wicked politicians will never allow the masses to emancipate their mindset.

Kudos for your open-minded mess.
Re: Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol by seunayantokun(m): 12:16pm On May 31, 2023
Agadinaagwuofe:

Noted. I will always keep to using ethnicities or group of people.

I really love your detailed explanation and yes I completely agree with most of the things. Most people from different ethnic group might not even meet themselves throughout their life time even when they are in the same country hence the ethnicities is never the problem. If the government becomes good everyone will benefit irrespective of the ethnicity of the head of government. I seriously wish one day many Nigerians will realize all these and focus on the most important thing which is betterment of the masses. It irks me whenever politicians meet their fellow politicians on how to win election instead of talking to the masses hence my only reason to support PO. I have always believe until the masses are given the power to be making the choices of leadership many politicians will still be taking then for fools. That's how it's done in any civilized world, talk to masses and seek their mandates and tell them what you can do, this issues of aspirants meeting governors, ministers and top politicians to help determine your winning is always going to set the country backwards. We have suffered enough in this country.

What you're seeing on the platform is just the resultant effects of the bad ethnic politics played by the politicians, many people felt aggrieved because they felt they were profiled or rather short changed simply because of their ethnic group hence you always read the ad hominems and watery criticism. I don't support such and wish one day many will rise above that but again the wicked politicians will never allow the masses to emancipate their mindset.

Kudos for your open-minded mess.
Fantastic you there! Enjoy your day.
Re: Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol by Topmaike007(m): 12:25pm On May 31, 2023
Ingocof:

I have a video where obi said it will not last for 24 hours if he is elected and sworn in.
You are the one that needs to be healed from hatred and bitterness.
post the video angry
Re: Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol by Switruth: 1:06pm On May 31, 2023
sketcherJ:
even in some places, I hear it’s still 250. You know it’s the greedy market sellers deciding the rate at which they will sell it? I asked because I want to know if there is a chance the fuel will be more expensive in the east or south south because the sellers see it as a way to generate more hate for the new administration?

Cos a guy confirmed to me in Warri that some are selling for 500, in the west, I haven’t seen staggering prices like this. Yet on social media, we are seeing prices like 600,900 etc where exactly are people buying fuel from at this prices?
well the standard prices are out so check it out in your area. It’s official now. #511/liter
Re: Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol by Pamellakimona: 1:07pm On May 31, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

"Immediately"

LET ME QUIQKLY INFORM YOU THAT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE TWO SATEMENT IS THAT ONE IS INTENTIONAL AND BACKED WITH STRATEGY - OBI.

THE SECOND JUST COPIED THE FIRST PERSON AND HAD NO PLANS IN PLACE. HE WANTS TO HURT NIGERIANS FOR NOT VOTING FOR HIM.
Re: Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol by bluefilm: 1:24pm On May 31, 2023
ukaface:

Na you fall hand na
By now you for Dey live like king like the BATians

I really really fucked_ up.
Re: Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol by FireUpNow(m): 1:46pm On May 31, 2023
Reference:

I think there is information going on underground that the subsidy has already been removed.

What we are hearing this morning in Abuja is that the NNPC has begun to adjust prices. N537.

Let us wait for clarity before casting aspersions. The government should act because there is official news and unofficial news. And the owners of these retail outlets are not children but powerful individuals who have their ears to the ground. They act on fact.

I wait to hear the official news because it's foolhardy to keep the masses in a limbo after making that hefty announcement of fuel subsidy removal. It would be wise for the presidency to come out openly about the pump price of pms
Re: Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol by blueAgent(m): 3:36pm On May 31, 2023
JaskanFactor:

who says your opinion matters, for all i know you could be from the same village as Adolf Hitler , and you just here to keep an eye on niggers.
I had to go check your other posts to get an idea.

No its not crap, its only crap to the enemies of african people, enemies of the Orignal man whom you refer to as black in one of your posts.

And yes the original man is the jew ,the European , the Egyptian, the chinses, Japanese , Indian and they all been wiped out leaving only Africa as last refuge of the original man in this end times contrary to a topic you started.

In Japan Samurai means dark skin man

In Germany Schwarzenegger means dark skin man

And the wicked always get what they deserve, so no sweat.

More crap for you to digest

Keep dreaming and Hallucinating cool
Re: Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol by Ingocof(m): 3:46pm On May 31, 2023
Topmaike007:
post the video angry
Re: Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol by lailo: 4:01pm On May 31, 2023
derecho:
You think PO and the Mumu President-Select are the same?

If PO was declared President since March 1,2023; do you know the goodwill he enjoys AND the influx of investment that would have entered before May 29,2023?

Tinubu is Buhari-Promax
grin grin grin grin grin influx of investments that didn't enter anambra between 2007 - 2015 even beyond grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Dey play
Re: Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol by JaskanFactor: 5:23pm On May 31, 2023
blueAgent:

Keep dreaming and Hallucinating cool

thats a shame , i was hoping for a meaningful rebuttal, enough to give the impression you have more than just a few words like crap in your vocabulary.

What are you doing on nairaland if you hate the original man so much.
Re: Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol by enemyofprogress: 5:43pm On May 31, 2023
Una fit get fuel at control price here. I for give una the address but una too dey arrogant, una no dey greet person. I go leave all of una to suffer.

Re: Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:01pm On May 31, 2023
Sltp:
you sound so ignorant. Where in the world would a president making unguarded statements not have effect on the market? Please name one place. I live in Europe and I know what happened during the covid period had the government not intervened
Okay, I'm ignorant.

Are we fine now?
Re: Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol by jimcaddy(m): 2:03am On Jun 01, 2023
Shebi we carried out PVC and voted Tinubu, insulted the Igbos, called them all sort of names. Turned the politics into a tribal war. Forgetting that if president enters, na all of us he will govern, he won't favour those that voted for him and say fuel should be sold at 185 naira to those that voted for him, but should be sold at 600 naira to those who did not vote for him. We forget that a good Nigeria will be for the benefit of us all. We went ahead to vote based on sentiment and tribe. Honestly Nigerians deserve the bad government we get. We don't want change, and change won't happen until we want it because the average Nigerian man is very selfish. All he thinks about is him and his family. The next door neighbour can go and hug transformer for all he cares. That attitude has set us back donkey years. The average Nigerian man doesn't mind going to lick the butts of politicians to collect money, contracts just to vote him into office regardless of whether he is a good candidate or not. Afterall, when things go south, the typical Nigerian can run away to UK and Canada leaving behind his neighbours to suffer. That's the life of a typical Nigerian
Re: Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol by Miller232: 5:11am On Jun 01, 2023
derecho:
You think PO and the Mumu President-Select are the same?

If PO was declared President since March 1,2023; do you know the goodwill he enjoys AND the influx of investment that would have entered before May 29,2023?

Tinubu is Buhari-Promax
person wey hear this talk now go think say Peter obi state Anambra don turn london oh
Una just dey sinwin everyday every minutes
Re: Just Look At 900 Naira Petrol by MikeMicheal(m): 7:08am On Jun 01, 2023
PlayerMeji:
Is Obi the president? Weting concern us?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Meet Aisha Yesufu's Husband Aliu, And Children (Pictures) / President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs / Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.