Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately (2596 Views)

Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life / Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy / Remove Petrol Subsidy Immediately – El-Rufai Tells Buhari Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by Raskimonojendor: 4:03am On May 31, 2023
Obinoscopy:
Peter Obi said the fuel subsidy is a fraud. He said only half of the money spent as subsidy actually gets to Nigerians, the rest are siphoned off. That fuel subsidy (that is being siphoned) is what he will remove immediately.
You are creating answers for a question that doesn't exist.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by OfoIgbo: 4:07am On May 31, 2023
Obinoscopy:
I find it very interesting that the APC Propagandist and even the PDP have resorted to misquoting Peter Obi in the quest to save the face of Tinubu. That goes to show that the powers that be are truly afraid of Peter Obi. That also tells us who the real opposition party is.....the Labour Party.

Now, to the issue. I noticed people are quoting Peter Obi tweet about Subsidy removal. I have read that tweet and nowhere did he said he will remove subsidy immediately he takes office. What he will remove immediately is the "fraud". Peter Obi believes that the amount we are spending on Subsidy is fraud as its the smugglers and cabals that are siphoning the subsidized fuel through our Ports. If you even noticed, he started with attacking the rascality going on in our Ports. He promised to immediately bring back sanity into our Ports, and that way he has succeeded in immediately dealing with subsidy fraud.

Of course he will eventually remove subsidy in its entirety but that will be after he has dealt with the fraud, and also after ensuring the refineries are working (this is including modal refineries by small and medium scale establishments) that he will remove subsidy in its entirety.

So those who are misquoting Peter Obi are being disingenuous. The beauty of it all is that Peter Obi is not shy from the Press and we have all heard him talk about Subsidy. So anyone who tries Propaganda will fail because we all have unfettered access to Peter Obi either through the Press or Social Media or even in person.

How are we sure you're not an Agbado trying to drag Peter Obi into Tinubu's mess.

Peter Obi always said he would remove subsidy asap, but however, that he was already in communication with organised labour and he would put something else in place to cushion the blow of the subsidy removal.

In Tinubu's case, we was not in talks with organised labour to negotiate a adequate compromise for the masses. He also did not put anything in place to cushion the blow
Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by HacheNoire: 4:12am On May 31, 2023
OfoIgbo:

How are we sure you're not an Agbado trying to drag Peter Obi into Tinubu's mess.

Peter Obi always said he would remove subsidy asap, but however, that he was already in communication with organised labour and he would put something else in place to cushion the blow of the subsidy removal.

In Tinubu's case, we was not in talks with organised labour to negotiate a adequate compromise for the masses. He also did not put anything in place to cushion the blow

Stop twisting English. Nobody is an illiterate here!

It’s disgusting that, even after reading Peter’s statements, you still trying to argue.

It’s baseless please! Look for another excuse. You can say the publications and tweets are fake, not arguing with the glaring.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by Gajagojo: 4:18am On May 31, 2023
Talks or no no talks there is no money for it

The FG spent $10 billion on subsidy last year
Dangote built his refinery with $20 billion
This year the government budgeted $7 billion till June 30
It is owing NNPC $6 billion and has no other way to pay than to borrow.

Truth is Buhari has already taken the decision and they have been in talks with organised labour for over a year
It is deception to tell Nigerians they are going to use subsidy money for palliative.
The money doesn't exist anywhere.
We are not very far from Collapse like Sri Lanka

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by Laple0541(m): 4:24am On May 31, 2023
No need for any explanation because he will NEVER smell presidency.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by pquaver(m): 4:44am On May 31, 2023
Obinoscopy:
Peter Obi said the fuel subsidy is a fraud. He said only half of the money spent as subsidy actually gets to Nigerians, the rest are siphoned off. That fuel subsidy (that is being siphoned) is what he will remove immediately.

I said obi wont have delivered because he knows he has Z.. ombi...dients to deny his campaign promises for him.. Thank God.. Nigerians really dodged a bullet

11 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by Obinoscopy(m): 5:01am On May 31, 2023
OkayDaddy:

1. It is say, not said. You are a moderator, you should not be polluting this place with wrong grammar.

2. Obinna, you are a shameless liar. You opened this thread to deliberately lie and mislead Nairalanders. That is a very dishonest, shameful and unfortunate thing to do as a moderator. Where is your honesty? Where is your integrity?

This thread is a disgrace to yourself and a disservice to Nairaland. You just decided to make a public spectacle of your lack integrity.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.
Take it easy bro. Don't get worked up because I'm giving my opinion on an issue. If you want to counter my position, present facts to support your arguement. No need to hurl insult on anyone. Nevertheless, your grammatical correction is duly noted.
Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by Obinoscopy(m): 5:07am On May 31, 2023
OfoIgbo:

Peter Obi will not remove the real subsidy asap. What he will remove from day one is the organised crime within the subsidy. Peter Obi is of the opinion that half of the subsidy money is organised crime. That, he will stop from day one. The genuine subsidy he will remove after due consultation with labour and after taking care of the possible effects of subsidy removal. Things like modular refineries, revamping production, education, Healthcare, transportation are what will help cushion the effect of subsidy removal.
Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by HacheNoire: 5:28am On May 31, 2023
Obinoscopy:
Peter Obi will not remove the real subsidy asap. What he will remove from day one is the organised crime within the subsidy. Peter Obi is of the opinion that half of the subsidy money is organised crime. That, he will stop from day one. The genuine subsidy he will remove after due consultation with labour and after taking care of the possible effects of subsidy removal. Things like modular refineries, revamping production, education, Healthcare, transportation are what will help cushion the effect of subsidy removal.

You have a big problem with English language.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by Obinoscopy(m): 5:46am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

You have a big problem with English language.

The one thing I love about Peter Obi is that he does not shy away from the Press. I'm 100% sure journalist will ask him questions on this and he will explain his views to everyone, yourself included.
Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by HacheNoire: 5:48am On May 31, 2023
Obinoscopy:
The one thing I love about Peter Obi is that he does not shy away from the Press. I'm 100% sure journalist will ask him questions on this and he will explain his views to everyone, yourself included.

He already explained. Contradicting earlier statement will only expose how untrustworthy he happens to be.

10 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by Nobody: 5:56am On May 31, 2023
SpatialKing:
So Peter Obi is now the benchmark and yardstick to measure Tinubu's decisions as president...

Thank you. Obi Is a hypocrite, lair and dimwit so too most of his fans hencue the reason I call them Obidullards.

This thread and many like it from, Obidullards, lack merit.

They are all simply attempts to burnish Obi's image by extricating him from the commitment he made to remove fuel subsidy because they assume Tinubu has run into his first major trouble announcing the end of it.

What igorance and toxic hatred of others prevent them seeing is that Nigeria, for even one second longer, cannot continue exporting crude to be refined abroad and then sold back as PMS to Nigeria, albeit heavily subsidized by the Govt, once we have a functional refinery capable of optimally meeting the domestic needs of Nigeria.

That is now the case with Dangote refinery. For the smart and progressive mind, it is not even about Tinubu's announcement because subsidy removal, asap, is now unavoidable since no serious Government can be throwing money away literally , in the form of fuel subsidiy, when we now have an efficient refinery in place.

Issues should be about the many positives Nigeria stsnds to gains from the end of fuel subsidy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by beerfraud: 6:05am On May 31, 2023
Obinoscopy:
Peter Obi will not remove the real subsidy asap. What he will remove from day one is the organised crime within the subsidy . Peter Obi is of the opinion that half of the subsidy money is organised crime. That, he will stop from day one. The genuine subsidy he will remove after due consultation with labour and after taking care of the possible effects of subsidy removal. Things like modular refineries, revamping production, education, Healthcare, transportation are what will help cushion the effect of subsidy removal.
give us evidence where he said this

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by Minime10(f): 6:05am On May 31, 2023
So PO is now the yardstick to APC & Tinubu minions And who said H. E Peter Obi is not such an impactful leader if the government can now see him as it benchmark in measuring their decisions💃💃💃
Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by omenka(m): 6:33am On May 31, 2023
Obinoscopy:
I find it very interesting that the APC Propagandist and even the PDP have resorted to misquoting Peter Obi in the quest to save the face of Tinubu. That goes to show that the powers that be are truly afraid of Peter Obi. That also tells us who the real opposition party is.....the Labour Party.

Now, to the issue. I noticed people are quoting Peter Obi tweet about Subsidy removal. I have read that tweet and nowhere did he said he will remove subsidy immediately he takes office. What he will remove immediately is the "fraud". Peter Obi believes that the amount we are spending on Subsidy is fraud as its the smugglers and cabals that are siphoning the subsidized fuel through our Ports. If you even noticed, he started with attacking the rascality going on in our Ports. He promised to immediately bring back sanity into our Ports, and that way he has succeeded in immediately dealing with subsidy fraud.

Of course he will eventually remove subsidy in its entirety but that will be after he has dealt with the fraud, and also after ensuring the refineries are working (this is including modal refineries by small and medium scale establishments) that he will remove subsidy in its entirety.

So those who are misquoting Peter Obi are being disingenuous. The beauty of it all is that Peter Obi is not shy from the Press and we have all heard him talk about Subsidy. So anyone who tries Propaganda will fail because we all have unfettered access to Peter Obi either through the Press or Social Media or even in person.

This thread was a mistake by you, you should delete it.

Your Obi actually said I will not allow it to stay A DAY LONGER. How else do you wanna twist this one?

Smh.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by Highesschief1: 6:35am On May 31, 2023
OkayDaddy:

1. It is say, not said. You are a moderator, you should not be polluting this place with wrong grammar.

2. Obinna, you are a shameless liar. You opened this thread to deliberately lie and mislead Nairalanders. That is a very dishonest, shameful and unfortunate thing to do as a moderator. Where is your honesty? Where is your integrity?

This thread is a disgrace to yourself and a disservice to Nairaland. You just decided to make a public spectacle of your lack integrity.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by Nobody: 6:38am On May 31, 2023
Minime10:
So PO is now the yardstick to APC & Tinubu minions And who said H. E Peter Obi is not such an impactful leader if the government can now see him as it benchmark in measuring their decisions💃💃💃

How is Obi, a packaged leadership fraud and abject mediocrity, an impactful leader?

When Tinubu and Lagos where busy wooing Dangote's "game changing" refinery to Lagos Obi was only concerned with investing Anambra's money , without consulting citizens of the State , on loss-making venture like a frigging novice and failure.

Contrast with Tinubu who raised Lagos IGR from 600 million per month to 60 billion per month.

Impacful my azz. Obi is a glorified trader the most clannish people in the world now wish to re-invent as some Awolowo on steriods when the reality is that he was a massive failure as Anambra governor.

If you want to note impactful leadershjp read the article below from 2021 to note how impactful leaders works effectively and why the SE will forever be badly led since the people love enduring with mediocrity they will then be praising as "impactful leaders" up and down.

https://guardian.ng/energy/tinubu-hails-dangotes-investment-in-local-refinery/

Tinubu hails Dangote’s investment in local refinery
By Kingsley Jeremiah, Abuja
04 August 2021 | 3:55 am

As efforts are being intensified for the completion of the 650,000bpd Dangote Refinery in Lagos, the project has been described as an inspiration to private sector operators in the country.

The Chief Executive Officer of Oando Plc, Wale Tinubu, who was on a guided tour of the project alongside members of the company’s senior management said, “with what I have seen, this Dangote Refinery is for Nigeria and Africa.”

He stated that the President of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote deserved the commendations for the courage to build the world’s largest single train refinery in one of the most challenging business environments in the world even as the risk premium is at the highest.

Tinubu noted that he harboured no doubt within him that the refinery, upon completion, would meet the yearnings of Nigerian for product availability and ultimately de-risk the petroleum sector.

The Oando Plc CEO, said he felt a sense of pride for being able to witness this feat in the history of Nigeria, noting, “It is more than just a refinery, it is a revolution, it is about what is possible in Africa by an African, we are talking about a world class project being done a scale that the world is not used to.

“This is happening in an extremely challenging environment in which all of the infrastructure had to be built from scratch with the attendant huge additional cost, the cost of capital being high, and the risk premium being highest and done with such spectacular precision. I think the world is not going to see many of these sorts of projects. I call it the eighth wonder of my own time.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by Finestgurlie(f): 6:40am On May 31, 2023
omenka:

Your Obi actually said I will not allow it to stay A DAY LONGER. How else do you wanna twist this one?

Smh.
my omenka are you back ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I've been expecting you my love
Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by Raskimonojendor: 6:44am On May 31, 2023
Highesschief1:
Check the date of his most recent comment on subsidy.
Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by Nobody: 6:52am On May 31, 2023
omenka:

Smh.

Obidullards are not motivated by a desire to see Nigeria's progress.

They simply wish to blindly back Obi they love clannishly and demonize Tinubu they hate bigotedly.

Expect their senseless talk, full of spin, lies and ignorance, to reflect that reality.

Dangote refinery has the capacity to refine enough crude to meet Nigeria's domestic PMS need.

How can we justify keeping subsidy a day longer once Dangote's refinery begins formal operation?

Is it an issue informed adults should be arguing about as bitter, vindictive and hateful Obidullards want to ensure is the case?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by babyfaceafrica: 6:54am On May 31, 2023
This thread is all shades of wrong.. Which can damage control be this

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by AfonjaScud: 7:04am On May 31, 2023
You Obi supporters behave and act as less human.
Must you deny what is on record ?
Obi tweeted he would remove subsidy IMMEDIATELY, so why shamelessly deny it ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by aieromon(m): 7:16am On May 31, 2023
Anybody who has been following the PIA 2021 implementation knows that the era of PMS subsidy is up. It was only a matter of when.

All of the candidates knew that the 2023 budget only covered payments up to the end of June. All of them spoke against returning it.

Only BAT talked about the potential protests and his readiness to deal with it.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/12/23/tinubu-no-matter-how-long-you-protest-ill-remove-subsidy/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmC4oHCav-M&pp

Statement is from the 33:00 minute.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by Nobody: 7:18am On May 31, 2023
babyfaceafrica:
This thread is all shades of wrong.. Which can damage control be this

The sort you get from those more interested in satisfying their bigoted and hateful vendetta against others than in what serves the best interest and progress of Nigeria.

They have been doing this literally the minute Tinubu got sworn in. Even the way he looks at his wrist watch is wrong to them.

This one though, as you indicate, is senseless. I.e graduating to lying about what is in koro koro print just to defend Obi.

No one should doubt now, with all we are seeing, that most Obidullards are actually Nigeria-hating IPOB touts. Their pretence of loving Nigeria is over now that Tinubu has been sworn in and Obi is done.

Once Tinubu's goverment starts to record impressive successes, the next we will hear from them is "Biafra or death" with around 200 Nnamdi Kanus and Simon Ekpas appearing from nowhere. So predictable.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by orisa37: 7:23am On May 31, 2023
THAT'S WHY HE IS A BLATANT FAILURE.
SUBSIDIES WOULD HAVE BEEN REMOVED SINCE 2015.
Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by flokii: 7:47am On May 31, 2023
There is no provision for subsidy in the budget for July so Tinubu is actually right when he said subsidy is gone.

The past administration removed fuel subsidy before handing over to the current administration so let everyone chill abeg. The focus should be on how to cushion the effects of subsidy removal and have a reasonable pump price for PMS and other petroleum products.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by Oblongata: 8:01am On May 31, 2023
Obinoscopy:
What is the "it" he said he will remove? The "it" is the "organized crime" called fuel subsidy going on in the Ports.
I am sorry o, I had followed you over the years and appreciated your comments. But I cannot believe you are the one that created this thread. MODS should start banning people that create threads that lack my moniker.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by richie240: 8:16am On May 31, 2023
You are a disgrace to be a mod.
If this trash had come from an average obidient I for no bate an eyelid but from u?
How una no like truth like this na?
Asin ....... can d average 'obidient'ever be truthful?

Even an average secondary school student knows that the 'it' there reps d focal point in the second paragraph, ie "subsidy" and not 'organized crime' in the first paragraph

Ngwa, ban me!
cool

Obinoscopy:
What is the "it" he said he will remove? The "it" is the "organized crime" called fuel subsidy going on in the Ports.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by richie240: 8:18am On May 31, 2023
plaindealer:
Pandora boys are not known to be bright or intelligent, they cannot even read and comprehend, and they basically live in their own alternate reality.

And To think that this is a mod o, and not the average obidient.
Smh

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by waledeji(m): 8:30am On May 31, 2023
Obinoscopy:
Relax bro, everyone must not accept Tinubu. Ibo people like me believe he was selected and not elected. They are entitled to their opinion.
😊😊
Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by waledeji(m): 8:35am On May 31, 2023
Finestgurlie:
my omenka are you back ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I've been expecting you my love
Unfortunately for you, you no longer have power to cancel his posts again. Ntor tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Never Said He Will Remove Subsidy Immediately by chidiokay: 8:37am On May 31, 2023
Obinoscopy:

Pre- election every candidate including saint obi agreed sudsidy must go, how is calling out Obedient over there hypocrisy & pathetic lies depict "afraid of Peter Obi"
The evidences of Peter Obi tweet are there online, you don't have to translate english to english, even toddlers can read and understand what OBi said, cheesy

Dear Obedient your lifes sucks there is nothing you people ever do right, your 1st assignment as Opposition see the nonsense job una dey do 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Will Obedient ever get anything right ?? one even said immediately does not mean immediately 🤣 what does that even mean

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo Women Naked Nnamdi Kanu piss on his body PHOTOS / Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko / Jonathan’s Government Is The Worst In Nigerian History – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.