Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,578 members, 7,850,967 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:34 AM

Opinion: Tinubu's First Mistake Was Announcing An Already Scrapped Subsidy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Tinubu's First Mistake Was Announcing An Already Scrapped Subsidy (479 Views)

Kano Governor Remains Sacked, Mistake Was Just A Clerical Error - Appeal Court / Pictures From President Bola Tinubu First Security Meeting With Service Chiefs / Hon. Erele Elebute-Halle Hosts Folashade Tinubu, First Daughter Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Tinubu's First Mistake Was Announcing An Already Scrapped Subsidy by Holybwoy: 12:41pm On May 31, 2023
Peter Obi and Atiku promised to do the same. But for a greed driven community like Nigeria, one Tinubu claimed he was prepared to govern, he should understand better and use the right body language and communication apparatus.

Buhari already stated that the Q3-Q4 budget (starting from June) didn't capture payment of subsidy.

It takes emotional intelligence, one Tinubu has shown over time that he lacks, to discreetly continue to lead without publicly announcing measures such as this that will set citizens into abject suffering.

There are only about 30% of the entire population who earns above the minimum wage. Most people live on under a dollar per day, unemployed or underpaid.

Our economy is basically driven by oil and gas. Increase in price of PMS affects basically everything else.

Only hypocrites will blame PMS marketers though. Here's a simple analogy. I bought and stocked a pin for #20 and the next day, the producer says the price has increased, if I sold at the same rate that I sell before, how do I get capital to restock at the new price?

People who are involved in the organised fuel subsidy scam are less than 1% of the entire population. Why do you have to punish 200 million people just so you can get back at a few people who are already filled up for life?

Students, market women, salary earners, small business owners, parents, teachers and everyone who do not earn more than 500,000 Naira in a month will feel this the most.

The deed is already done. It is time to start asking workplaces to review salaries immediately, government handing out incentives to cushion the effect of this rise of products because it won't be long before people will start to fall to their death on his mandate and by that time, there won't be anyone to govern.

Written by Temitope Steve.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Tinubu's First Mistake Was Announcing An Already Scrapped Subsidy by Felabrity: 12:45pm On May 31, 2023
He want to feel like a boss

Fake jagaban

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Tinubu's First Mistake Was Announcing An Already Scrapped Subsidy by Realguyman1(m): 12:45pm On May 31, 2023
Naija matter loud
Re: Opinion: Tinubu's First Mistake Was Announcing An Already Scrapped Subsidy by Driggs: 12:47pm On May 31, 2023
Omo...

From my workplace to my house was 700 but now, I spend 1200 since yesterday on a 70k salary. Plus rent, plus feeding, plus my children's schoolfees..

It's already too late to ask for salary increase because may own has been paid.. but my oga can't escape the next one.. it has to be doubled..

This would mean that our prices too will increase and he might sack some staffs..

Ah!! We don enter am
Re: Opinion: Tinubu's First Mistake Was Announcing An Already Scrapped Subsidy by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 31, 2023
Holybwoy:
Peter Obi and Atiku promised to do the same. But for a greed driven community like Nigeria, one Tinubu claimed he was prepared to govern, he should understand better and use the right body language and communication apparatus.

cool

I'm still searching for an answer to this question.

Goodluck Jonathan removed this subsidy in 2012 and subsequently told Nigerians to endure the N140 price of PMS then.

What did you people do to him?
Re: Opinion: Tinubu's First Mistake Was Announcing An Already Scrapped Subsidy by tosteMedia: 12:55pm On May 31, 2023
CondenseMilk:

cool

I'm still searching for an answer to this question.

Goodluck Jonathan removed this subsidy in 2012 and subsequently told Nigerians to endure the N140 price of PMS then.

What did you people do to him?

Everyone thought it's a scam. Jonathan was impatient not to adopt the recommendation of Mrs Okonjo Iweala's team who were moving around the country retrospecting and consulting with stakeholders. He made the same mistake Tinubu made..

Tinubu didn't learn from it. Systematically, Buhari already put an end to it.. all Tinubu needed to do was just play along while using the next one month to work hard to incentivitise the citizens in anticipation of what to come.

He's lucky that Nigerians have long suffering and that's what's going to happen.. people are going to suffer. People are going to trek.. more people are going to beg..

There's no incentive anywhere to cushion the effect of the hardship to come

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Tinubu's First Mistake Was Announcing An Already Scrapped Subsidy by LikeAking: 12:58pm On May 31, 2023
Tinubu go spoil things well, well.
Re: Opinion: Tinubu's First Mistake Was Announcing An Already Scrapped Subsidy by YouandiAllofus: 1:03pm On May 31, 2023
He wanted to take MB's credit, but the credit took him by storm! Trying to apply the lagos model of claiming predecessors and successors achievements for himself. Nigeria is not lagos.
Re: Opinion: Tinubu's First Mistake Was Announcing An Already Scrapped Subsidy by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 31, 2023
Driggs:
Omo...

From my workplace to my house was 700 but now, I spend 1200 since yesterday on a 70k salary. Plus rent, plus feeding, plus my children's schoolfees..

It's already too late to ask for salary increase because may own has been paid.. but my oga can't escape the next one.. it has to be doubled..

This would mean that our prices too will increase and he might sack some staffs..

Ah!! We don enter am

You're trying oo..you have kids with a salary of 70k? May God help you
Re: Opinion: Tinubu's First Mistake Was Announcing An Already Scrapped Subsidy by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 31, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
He wanted to take MB's credit, but the credit took him by storm! Trying to apply the lagos model of claiming predecessors and successors achievements for himself. Nigeria is not lagos.

What credit does jubril even have that batman wants to take?
Re: Opinion: Tinubu's First Mistake Was Announcing An Already Scrapped Subsidy by Driggs: 1:21pm On May 31, 2023
Rayban25:

You're trying oo..you have kids with a salary of 70k? May God help you

I hope you know that the minimum wage is 30k and over 150million Nigerians survive on that or less per month.. make you drop that hypocrisy..

Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world for a reason.. you can't wish it away
Re: Opinion: Tinubu's First Mistake Was Announcing An Already Scrapped Subsidy by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 31, 2023
Driggs:

I hope you know that the minimum wage is 30k and over 150million Nigerians survive on that or less per month.. make you drop that hypocrisy..

Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world for a reason.. you can't wish it away

What hypocrisy are you talking about here? Is anything wrong in my statement?

Everything has skyrocketed

The ones that are still earning minimum wage you think they can easily still have savings for themselves?

The 70k you're earning apart from school fees is there not still miscalleoneus? So why attack me? If it were enough would you think of asking your boss for a raise? I'm wishing you well yet you attack me like I caused your frustration
Re: Opinion: Tinubu's First Mistake Was Announcing An Already Scrapped Subsidy by NzogbuNzogbu: 1:27pm On May 31, 2023
Honestly that announcement was needless and dumb

Even a Rockie knows Nigerians are waiting for avenue to exploit

A new administration with a "new policy" was perfect alibi to these crooks not like it was a new policy

It shows his supporters who are expecting Midas touch would realize this tinubu is senile
Re: Opinion: Tinubu's First Mistake Was Announcing An Already Scrapped Subsidy by fergie001: 1:28pm On May 31, 2023
He didn't ask the right questions. The Buhari regime (apologies to Keyamo) did set him up for a fall and I believe the euphoria got a better part of him. That comment was needless, discussing with the stakeholders first was very needed before the pronouncement.

The former Administration set that date and didn't include it in the budget however, he will have gone back to the NASS to correct that.

The last Administration did that on the premise that they had awarded contracts for the Warri/Kaduna/PH refineries whose delivery dates was Dec last year. No way!

The CNG promise to be completed in 4 months, no way.

The Transportation System and all that no way.

In the event, though we hope not that Dangote Refinery doesn't start producing this year what happens?
Re: Opinion: Tinubu's First Mistake Was Announcing An Already Scrapped Subsidy by YouandiAllofus: 1:29pm On May 31, 2023
Rayban25:

What credit does jubril even have that batman wants to take?
grin
Re: Opinion: Tinubu's First Mistake Was Announcing An Already Scrapped Subsidy by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 31, 2023
Re: Opinion: Tinubu's First Mistake Was Announcing An Already Scrapped Subsidy by DMerciful(m): 1:30pm On May 31, 2023
Nigeria does not have the money to fund petrol subsidy irrespective of the corporation in the subsidy regime
Holybwoy:

Buhari already stated that the Q3-Q4 budget (starting from June) didn't capture payment of subsidy.

It takes emotional intelligence, one Tinubu has shown over time that he lacks, to discreetly continue to lead without publicly announcing measures such as this that will set citizens into abject suffering.

There are only about 30% of the entire population who earns above the minimum wage. Most people live on under a dollar per day, unemployed or underpaid.

Our economy is basically driven by oil and gas. Increase in price of PMS affects basically everything else.

Only hypocrites will blame PMS marketers though. Here's a simple analogy. I bought and stocked a pin for #20 and the next day, the producer says the price has increased, if I sold at the same rate that I sell before, how do I get capital to restock at the new price?

People who are involved in the organised fuel subsidy scam are less than 1% of the entire population. Why do you have to punish 200 million people just so you can get back at a few people who are already filled up for life?

Students, market women, salary earners, small business owners, parents, teachers and everyone who do not earn more than 500,000 Naira in a month will feel this the most.

The deed is already done. It is time to start asking workplaces to review salaries immediately, government handing out incentives to cushion the effect of this rise of products because it won't be long before people will start to fall to their death on his mandate and by that time, there won't be anyone to govern.

Written by Temitope Steve.

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of Akintola At Nigerian Independence T hisGlobe.com / Enormous Debt By Ikpeazu Responsible For Delay In Salaries, Pensions — Otti / BIAFRA NATION: IPOB Threatens Tinubu And Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.