Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment (53519 Views)

Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging / Court Sentences Rahmon Adedoyin To Death By Hanging Over Adegoke's Murder / We Took Oath Over Timothy Adegoke Death – Hilton Hotel Receptionist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by afariogunone1(f): 3:16pm On May 31, 2023
of course it seems like a plea deal
she must helped them in the investigation

KunleAkingbadeh:
There seems to be a perversion in this judgement. It is more or less as if the girl was discharged & acquitted in this very complex murder case.

How can the defense Counsel & the Prosecution Counsel appealed to the court to tender justice with mercy on her own case in their respective Allocutus?

They said that she provided missing links to the hidden facts of the case and she took on a sober posture. How?

Is this not the same receptionist who earns over 100k monthly at her duty post?

Which 3-Star hotel in this part of the world, even in Lagos pays their receptionists over 100k monthly?

There seems to be a twist in her Judgement. All is well!
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Tareq1105: 3:17pm On May 31, 2023
priceactionx:

i could remember she was the one that first let the cat out of the bag, saying the guy lodged in the hotel while the culprits and other workers kept denying it. So i believe other guy and the runaway son of that man ( i dont know may be he was later arrested cos people said they saw him in ghana) were active killer in that place. They are pure ritualists that use that hotel as a cover up and the lady may not be involved directly but knows there activities. She is definitely freed.

I recall the guy, Adegoke transferred money to her account to get the room ready for him. The deceased Adegoke was a regular customer of the hotel. Just as I was a regular customer of Metropolitan Hotel in Calabar many years ago when my organization was running a big project there then.

Rahman Adedoyin is a ritualist and he should be hang with his run away son.

2 Likes

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Gajagojo: 3:19pm On May 31, 2023
BJanta:

I'm not excited at all. I'm just stating simple judicial facts to expand our common knowledge. And I still repeat it's a common practice all over the world. And turncoats are always protected. I've read about cases like that in the US ,especially involving the drug world, Russia and of course, Nigeria here. Go and read history of military coup in Nigeria. Chief Obafemi Awolowo was jailed in 1962 or their about, on the evidence of Professor Sanya Onabamiro and others, main accomplices who turned prosecution witnesses. Her conviction came from her indictment by the judge for ' evidence manufacturing ' Which would mean that it took her some time before she turned coat. All the same, I'm neither defending nor crime, but just responding to your post to share knowledge.
The claim is untrue
She was convicted
That principle does not apply all over the world
It is a false claim.

"Common "is not what you said.

"Always"is untrue.

It may be the case in the West not everywhere
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Tareq1105: 3:23pm On May 31, 2023
afariogunone1:
of course it seems like a plea deal
she must helped them in the investigation

She was the one that insisted that the deceased (Adegoke) lodged in the hotel. Police was trying to convince the wife of the deceased (Adegoke) that probably he changed hotel.

It was this girl that declared that Adegoke transferred money to her account to book the room and she did, he later arrived and was checked into the hotel before she closed for the day.

5 Likes

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by lomprico(m): 3:24pm On May 31, 2023
jaxxy:
That useless man ruined this girls life.

Na wetin she tell you?
She is even lucky she didn't get a death sentence, because she is an accomplice to the crime.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by rbjimoh: 3:26pm On May 31, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:
There seems to be a perversion in this judgement. It is more or less as if the girl was discharged & acquitted in this very complex murder case.

How can the defense Counsel & the Prosecution Counsel appealed to the court to tender justice with mercy on her own case in their respective Allocutus?

They said that she provided missing links to the hidden facts of the case and she took on a sober posture. How?

Which 3-Star hotel in this part of the world, even in Lagos pays their receptionists over 100k monthly?

In criminal legal proceedings, it is a common legal technique to convince a co-accused with lesser degree of guilt to provide incontrovertible evidences to convict another defendant with higher degree of guilt in exchange for lesser punishment. It's all perfect thing to don.

2 Likes

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Prettychild(f): 3:30pm On May 31, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:

If you go through the case, you will know that the girl is a victim of circumstance and besides the allocutus was in order cos she has no previous criminal record
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by JuanDeDios: 3:31pm On May 31, 2023
Phantom233:

Have you ever seen a convict being hanged in Nigeria? Where is Evan's the notorious kidnapper? Wadume nko, abi na pastor Clifford? Leave Nigerian judiciary cos it's a branch of nollywood. grin
Sir, hanging is not the job of the judiciary. The reason people are not being hanged is because GOVERNORS are not signing death warrants.

5 Likes

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by BJanta: 3:32pm On May 31, 2023
Gajagojo:

The claim is untrue
She was convicted
That principle does not apply all over the world
It is a false claim.

"Common "is not what you said.

"Always"is untrue.

It may be the case in the West not everywhere

I respect your rights to your opinions, but I still stand by my posts.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Blackman101: 3:33pm On May 31, 2023
i feel this conviction will be over turned at the higher court

1 Like

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by diaspoAFRICANS: 3:39pm On May 31, 2023
emmybobo1:

Hope you are ok. I mean you don’t sniff some hard powder

Ha!
I thought i was the only one who got confused by his narrative.
The thing tire me eh.

4 Likes

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Saladdin: 3:39pm On May 31, 2023
One has to be very careful with hotels oo. As long as the hotel is not a 4 or 5 star hotel, don't lodge for too long to the point that the hotel employees can predict your movement.

Switch hotels as frequently as possible and limit interactions with these employees.

This was my mistake, when I was posted to a new job in a new location.l few years ago. I got comfortable to the point that they—the staff knew my movement and all. Before I could say jack, they connived with some useless people (both males and females).

Behold, I was robbed in the hotel, and almost maimed. All my belongings carted away. I took them to the Police Station and they were punished, but those belongings were gone forever.

1 Like

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Gbadebo19(m): 3:40pm On May 31, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:

I think it was because there was no evidence to convict her of murder or conspiracy in the murder. Her only offence seems to be the thwarting of evidence which seems a very lesser offence.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Gbadebo19(m): 3:47pm On May 31, 2023
ImoleNaija:
If ritual is truly involved, for such a wealthy man, I wonder how many people must have been killed without trace.

Olorun ku suuru.
There have been several unconfirmed reports of the disappearance of students in that man's school before this one finally backfired.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by alizma: 3:48pm On May 31, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:

Did you read the part that says she helped to unearth the hidden evidence or so, have you ever heard of plea bargain before?

1 Like

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by BarrElChapo(m): 3:51pm On May 31, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:

Try not to be sentimental, if you want a clearer picture. Head to the court and make an application for case file, make the payment at the registry, take it back to the court and present it to the court registrar, the whole case file in court will be put in your hands from day 1.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by pacificom: 3:53pm On May 31, 2023
This Chief Ramon is a beast of a human. We don't need people like him and his fellow assailants in Nigeria. I hope they will execute them asap and let the family of Timothy witness the process of their execution. The whole story is very sad and annoying.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by OmoOshodi(m): 3:55pm On May 31, 2023
She's already out....2 years dn pass
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by tommy589(m): 3:57pm On May 31, 2023
Blackman101:
i feel this conviction will be over turned at the higher court

I have the feeling something is wrong with these conviction.

Why transferring to the girl account instead of hotel account if she is not a party to whatever crime they planned?
Is ritual killing their intent for Adegoke?
Why not a random lodger instead of Adegoke who was their regular lodger?

Adedoyin deserves punishment for his initial move to change the original course of police investigation.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by FireUpNow(m): 3:57pm On May 31, 2023
Ok
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Scorror442: 3:57pm On May 31, 2023
denzel231:
Would they really hang the main culprit?

He has the right to appeal, then let’s see how it goes.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:59pm On May 31, 2023
This is a murder case, and if she knew so much as to provide links, then she was a conspirator, and is therefore liable to far more than 2 years. She should have got at least 10 years, even with a plea bargain.

But then, even with the light sentence, she would remain an ex-convict for life. It would be a stain on her name.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by denzel231: 3:59pm On May 31, 2023
Scorror442:

He has the right to appeal, then let’s see how it goes.
baba 9ja tire me..
Persn wey Dem go swap for night..
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by denzel231: 4:00pm On May 31, 2023
Phantom233:

Have you ever seen a convict being hanged in Nigeria? Where is Evan's the notorious kidnapper? Wadume nko, abi na pastor Clifford? Leave Nigerian judiciary cos it's a branch of nollywood. grin
you said it all.. na why I talk so . Better Netflix country
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by denzel231: 4:01pm On May 31, 2023
cunny88:
they don't execute because most governors are not willing to sign it. He mite even end up getting a parole or pardon
fit be life in jail ..I don't think they can pardon him for what he did but who knows. 9ja na comedy

1 Like

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by asanausana91: 4:04pm On May 31, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:

she didn't take part in the crime.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Judolisco(m): 4:09pm On May 31, 2023
Dis one fit dey go huz.... She Don use almost 2 yrs for cell sef.... If she hear ho...before dem complete am go pick race
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by yusluvad(m): 4:23pm On May 31, 2023
Okiton:
angry

This is an innocent girl who went out to struggle her life
May the good Lord be with her
Do you read at all ? And have you in anyway been following the case ?

... undecided undecided
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Goodlady(f): 4:26pm On May 31, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:

Even those sentenced to death. There should be a follow up till they are hanged and confirmed dead.
The lenient punishment for the receptionist is not acceptable. She should be getting like 10-20 years. Afterall, she knew that postgraduate student was going to be killed.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by yusluvad(m): 4:26pm On May 31, 2023
Tareq1105:

Not at all.

She was not part of the killing. She documented or checked the deceased (Adegoke) into the hotel when he arrived.

She then closed for the day. When she resumed the next day, the Manager gave her new Receipt booklet and asked her to rewrite it excluding the name of their victim, Adegoke.

The Receipt booklet is the missing link which she resolved bcoz hitherto the argument was that Adegoke did not lodge in the hotel. But she confirmed that he lodged in the hotel but she was asked to remove his (Adegoke) name from the new Receipt booklet she was asked to rewrite by the Manager.

She didn't know what transpired in the night. She became suspicious when she discovered that Adegoke, who paid for 4 nights was not in his room and she was asked to remove his name from the new Receipt booklet. But she couldn't ask anyone.

This is how she narrated her own account of what she knows.

I think the judgement is fair bcoz she didn't know anything about it.

You cannot compare her account with those other 2 boys that moved the deceased Adegoke from the room, clean the room of any traces, moved him to the bush in the dead of the night, dug the burial ground, buried him, and came back to the hotel as if nothing happens and never informed the Police.
Detailed...
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by kalufelix(m): 4:27pm On May 31, 2023
As the convicts are dying by hanging she too go die by oathing...ogun go wait for am outside cos he cannot enter prison...i suggest 40ft container falling on her the day she leaves prison..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amma Buwa: Bukar Abacha's Daughter Strangled To Death In Maiduguri / Six Prostitutes Arrested In Abuja As Woman Turns Them To Sex Slaves (photo) / Mob Buries Robbery Suspect Alive In Ebonyi (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.