Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,065 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment (53469 Views)

Adegoke's Murder: Court Sentences Adedoyin, 2 Others To Death By Hanging / Court Sentences Rahmon Adedoyin To Death By Hanging Over Adegoke's Murder / We Took Oath Over Timothy Adegoke Death – Hilton Hotel Receptionist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by isabi2lof: 2:53pm On May 31, 2023
Her two years is almost here
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Kajaard: 2:54pm On May 31, 2023
absoluteSuccess:
If you are into crime and you think you are invisible, you are just there deceiving yourself. Ojo gbogbo ni t'ole, ojo kan ni toloun.

Asegbe kan kosi, asepamo lo wa.

Please brothers, be very careful who you mix with, scrutinize unmerited favour that comes your way. Don't connect with strange friends you don't know from Adam, it's a way of death. If you render service online, shine your eyes.

I received a call from a man one Thursday morning, September 2019. The caller told me a man is going to call me in few minutes to discuss business with me. The call came through and I met with the second caller and we discussed business.

The end of discussion was that I'll be traveling to Eastern Europe to help formulate herbal formula for a reputable company, owned by the person I was discussing with at that point. I was so happy. But I never allow my excitement to stop me from analysis.

His final words were, "do you have a travelling passport?" I said no. He said "that's where we'll be starting from". However, I have a hunch. I don't know either of these two callers. But they know me as a mixer or spice seller. I was told that the person who gave out my contact share the same WhatsApp group with me.

But the mystery is, I lost my Android phone 2015 and never replace it. So there's no way I share a WhatsApp group with anyone. I don't know where to place the connection, my Yoruba mind says orisa agbeni mafohun, so mo tenitiise.

If I have followed their lead, it would have been my last. Lo and behold, I was being set up from my adversaries on nairaland who has done it to others over and over till it got to my turn. However, like my ancestor's name "Etiko": this has refused to die.

Technology is a powerful crime tracer. I saved the first caller's number later in the day (after the meeting we had at an hotel) against the name of the second caller who gave me his own name. I was expecting a call from the man, promise myself not to call first.

Months turn to years and have forgotten all about the incident, as I felt I shouldn't be the one lobbying the man to help me.

It later happened that the meeting I had with the man I met with was orchestrated by my traducers from this website. Now the fellow recently joined telegram, below is how the app displayed the contact.

Till date, the fellow kept sending his agents after me. This agents have been my customers. Unknown to me, they were planted into my business to build partner-relationship with me. I got wind of this and felt being stalked when a customer made a pass at my wife. I feel eery, it's strange.

So when I tried to distance from the people I'm suspecting, the people I rely on as good customers were actually working for the people I've been trying to avoid. They have been hanging out in my shop and I've been going to their place.

Out of explicit egotism, the Mastermind mistakingly boasted of knowing my location. He felt threatened and death scared, the "mirror effect" of his own plots got him trying to scare me by telling me he knew my address and can easily get me, he hinted at how he got my contact.

This just refresh my encounter with the man who wanted to take me overseas. He got my product with my contact info on the product label. This was where the information about me leaked out and the Mastermind was able to plant his men in my life.

They continue to lure and do all sorts till date. The mind game is to set me up chasing after wind and get me neutralize to win an argument online and furnish their partners with what have you.

However, what is the interest of their emissaries? That is to say it's an underground butchery where the emissaries are hoping to get rewarded with parts for the part they played in tricking the victim to the point where he's hacked.

How do I sniff the emissaries? I found out that my enduring customers were all pastors and Deacon, this seems to be a lookalike and something trying to synchronize with my faith. So, criminals uses things that you like to set their bait. Thank God for the childhood stuff of trying to catch birds and rats.

Allow your children have their childhood similar to yours, it helps. Hunting as a little boy helped me realize when I was being hunted.

All what you wrote up there makes zero sense. Your points are jumbled up here and there.

6 Likes

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Segzy19: 2:54pm On May 31, 2023
Alayebaje Omo ale! O baya e👎

Alvin212:
Ewedu and Amala people

2 Likes

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by almarthins(m): 2:54pm On May 31, 2023
APCNig:
Criminals

No be that girl kill that man. This judgement get k leg.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by akins33: 2:55pm On May 31, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:
There seems to be a perversion in this judgement. It is more or less as if the girl was discharged & acquitted in this very complex murder case.

How can the defense Counsel & the Prosecution Counsel appealed to the court to tender justice with mercy on her own case in their respective Allocutus?

They said that she provided missing links to the hidden facts of the case and she took on a sober posture. How?

Is this not the same receptionist who earns over 100k monthly at her duty post?

Which 3-Star hotel in this part of the world, even in Lagos pays their receptionists over 100k monthly?

There seems to be a twist in her Judgement. All is well!

The prosecution already got a conviction and not a request for a death penalty,being convicted is like a living dead..only the governor or president can grant a pardon..which she may unlikely get.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Nahunger(m): 2:55pm On May 31, 2023
emmybobo1:

Hope you are ok. I mean you don’t sniff some hard powder

Help me ask am oo🤦 I used my precious time reading that story untill at a point I realized he has tatsed one if his herbal mixture with too much spice

4 Likes

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Menclothing: 2:56pm On May 31, 2023
This country
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by fombi: 2:56pm On May 31, 2023
One thing is to copy the ideas of someone like PO, the other thing is to deliver it like PO. Even when you open book for a real olodo to copy, they'll still fail bc they'll copy your name. Naija, the suffering is just about to start. Everyone pick up your Stone and get ready to aim at anything thay has to do with APC on the road.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Ashirioluwa: 2:56pm On May 31, 2023
Ritual Hotel

1 Like

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Sltp: 2:56pm On May 31, 2023
Is it a ritual killing?
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Phantom233: 2:57pm On May 31, 2023
denzel231:
Would they really hang the main culprit?
Have you ever seen a convict being hanged in Nigeria? Where is Evan's the notorious kidnapper? Wadume nko, abi na pastor Clifford? Leave Nigerian judiciary cos it's a branch of nollywood. grin
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Asswipemod: 2:57pm On May 31, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:
There seems to be a perversion in this judgement. It is more or less as if the girl was discharged & acquitted in this very complex murder case.

How can the defense Counsel & the Prosecution Counsel appealed to the court to tender justice with mercy on her own case in their respective Allocutus?

They said that she provided missing links to the hidden facts of the case and she took on a sober posture. How?

Which 3-Star hotel in this part of the world, even in Lagos pays their receptionists over 100k monthly?

So your grudge with her is the salary she was earning. If you had been following the case since inception, and from the testimonies and evidences she provided the court, you would know that she was supposed to be the fall guy of anything went wrong. She was framed, although, she made some illegal moves when it dawned on her that she was going to be used as scape goat. I am happy for her because she will walk free soon. I think she has 4 months to go.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Kajaard: 2:57pm On May 31, 2023
Nahunger:

Help me ask am oo🤦 I used my precious time reading that story untill at a point I realized he has tatsed one if his herbal mixture with too much spice

I just tire cheesy grin cheesy

I lost some precious brain cells reading that rubbish write-up angry

1 Like

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by almarthins(m): 2:58pm On May 31, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:

I know this case very well. No be the girl dey responsible. The real people don use otomopo declare an innocent person guilty
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by frowland(m): 3:00pm On May 31, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:

Oga Nairaland lawyer, you can still join in appealing the judgement.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Tareq1105: 3:00pm On May 31, 2023
freshkpomo:

They just let her off the hook because she is a woman, a partial judgement I will say.

Not at all.

She was not part of the killing. She documented or checked the deceased (Adegoke) into the hotel when he arrived.

She then closed for the day. When she resumed the next day, the Manager gave her new Receipt booklet and asked her to rewrite it excluding the name of their victim, Adegoke.

The Receipt booklet is the missing link which she resolved bcoz hitherto the argument was that Adegoke did not lodge in the hotel. But she confirmed that he lodged in the hotel but she was asked to remove his (Adegoke) name from the new Receipt booklet she was asked to rewrite by the Manager.

She didn't know what transpired in the night. She became suspicious when she discovered that Adegoke, who paid for 4 nights was not in his room and she was asked to remove his name from the new Receipt booklet. But she couldn't ask anyone.

This is how she narrated her own account of what she knows.

I think the judgement is fair bcoz she didn't know anything about it.

You cannot compare her account with those other 2 boys that moved the deceased Adegoke from the room, clean the room of any traces, moved him to the bush in the dead of the night, dug the burial ground, buried him, and came back to the hotel as if nothing happens and never informed the Police.

11 Likes

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Baatunde(m): 3:01pm On May 31, 2023
smiley smiley just could not make sense of his epistle

Kajaard:

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Ebubu2: 3:01pm On May 31, 2023
Why did Rahman kill Adegoke?
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Ebubu2: 3:01pm On May 31, 2023
Tareq1105:

Not at all.

She was not part of the killing. She documented or checked the deceased (Adegoke) into the hotel when he arrived.

She then closed for the day. When she resumed the next day, the Manager gave her new Receipt booklet and asked her to rewrite it excluding the name of their victim, Adegoke.

She didn't know what transpired in the night. She became suspicious when she discovered that Adegoke, who paid for 4 nights was not in his room and she was asked to remove his name from the new Receipt booklet. But she couldn't ask anyone.

This is how she narrated her own account of what she knows.

I think the judgement is fair bcoz she didn't know anything about it.

You cannot compare her account with those other 2 boys that moved the deceased Adegoke from the room, clean the room of any traces, moved him to the bush in the dead of the night, dug the burial ground, buried him, and came back to the hotel as if nothing happens and never informed the Police.
why did Rahman kill Adegoke?
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by nick50(m): 3:02pm On May 31, 2023
Yoruba killing yorubas..na family business sha
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Nahunger(m): 3:03pm On May 31, 2023
Kajaard:

My brother, may God help us not to enounter such post again in our lives, am having headache like this 😭😭🤦

2 Likes

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Asswipemod: 3:03pm On May 31, 2023
ahnie:
What was even their motive of killing that guy in the first place?

Meaning that wasn't even their first time.i must commend the doggedness of the late man's wife from the inception of the case.

Rip to him.

They needed his blood. They scanned him spiritually and determined that he weighed and would bring returns.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by JuanDeDios: 3:05pm On May 31, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:

Also my first time hearing of the prosecution and the defence pleading together for mercy for an accused person. Hmm.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Asswipemod: 3:06pm On May 31, 2023
ImoleNaija:
If ritual is truly involved, for such a wealthy man, I wonder how many people must have been killed without trace.

Olorun ku suuru.

The man is known and feared in ife. That is why they were happy when he was whisked away. Did you see or hear of any Ife group or even the Ooni plea on his behalf? Scores and scores of students from OAU and his own school had gone missing over the years.

4 Likes

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by absoluteSuccess: 3:06pm On May 31, 2023
Kajaard:

All what you wrote up there makes zero sense. Your points are jumbled up here and there.

It's impossible to cramp everything that happened over a course of 3 years and still ongoing into one short page and be in-depth.

Just pick what's useful in the story to you and move on, I'm not writing to impress. It's not the only post on the thread.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Gajagojo: 3:07pm On May 31, 2023
Bambam321:
Which kin judgement b dis
This case started since over a year plus , and you are sentencing her to 2 years , which starts from her first day of arrest .................meaning she will just spend few months ............this aint a fair judgement

What is a fair judgment? many times people talk emotionally without Facts
Time spent on remand is ALWAYS taken into account it did not start today
If she was found not guilty would They pay her for the time spent?

That is an irrelevance

The main issue is what is she convicted of and what punishment the law prescribes

Section 123 of the Criminal Code Act in Nigeria. Destroying evidence
Any person who, knowing that any book, document, or other thing of any kind, is or may be required in evidence in a judicial proceeding, wilfully removes, conceals or destroys it or renders it illegible or undecipherable or incapable of identification, with intent thereby to prevent it from being used in evidence, is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for three years.

The offender cannot be arrested without warrant.
More: https://jurist.ng/criminal_code_act/sec-123

Section 126 of the Criminal Code Act in Nigeria. Perverting justice
(1) Any person who conspires with another to obstruct, prevent, pervert, or defeat the course of justice is guilty of a felony and is liable to imprisonment for seven years.

The offender cannot be arrested without warrant.

(2) Any person who attempts, in any way not specially defined in this Code, to obstruct, prevent, pervert, or defeat, the course of justice, is guilty of a misdemeanor and is liable to imprisonment for two years.
More: https://jurist.ng/criminal_code_act/sec-126

These are the likely charges so worst case scenario would be 7 years maybe . It is not a mandatory sentence. The court used discretionary powers taking into account her assistance with prosecutors and prosecutors statement

3 Likes

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Asswipemod: 3:07pm On May 31, 2023
Alvin212:
Ewedu and Amala people

Shows the level of your IQ.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Asswipemod: 3:09pm On May 31, 2023
sofeo:
Just two years?.

She was setup by the Adedoyins as the fall guy right from the start.

1 Like

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 31, 2023
Tzar:
She probably gave the court the needed facts to convict the accused in exchange for a lighter sentence. She may be an active participant, but if she was used to secure conviction of the main suspect, she can get this kind of light sentence.
Usually women even get a lighter sentence than they deserve most tomes. It’s unfair, but this is one of many privileges women enjoy in society. A man may not get it so easy in the same circumstances.
i could remember she was the one that first let the cat out of the bag, saying the guy lodged in the hotel while the culprits and other workers kept denying it. So i believe other guy and the runaway son of that man ( i dont know may be he was later arrested cos people said they saw him in ghana) were active killer in that place. They are pure ritualists that use that hotel as a cover up and the lady may not be involved directly but knows there activities. She is definitely freed.
Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by Tareq1105: 3:10pm On May 31, 2023
Ebubu2:
Why did Rahman kill Adegoke?

Rahman Adedoyin is a suspected ritualist. We heard that something like this has happened before but he escaped judgement. He used money to kill the case then. So I heard on one radio programs in Ibadan.

3 Likes

Re: Adegoke's Murder: Hotel Receptionist, Adesola Sentenced To 2yrs Imprisonment by BJanta: 3:16pm On May 31, 2023
Gajagojo:

Your first sentence is too sweeping and too general.

Is that one of the Ten Commandments or some UN conventiion?I

Anywhere in the world? Haba!!

Be calming down
You are too excitable

At any rate she WAS CONVICTED

The issue is that she likely was not involved in the murder and was. convicted of conspiracy related offences

I'm not excited at all. I'm just stating simple judicial facts to expand our common knowledge. And I still repeat it's a common practice all over the world. And turncoats are always protected. I've read about cases like that in the US ,especially involving the drug world, Russia and of course, Nigeria here. Go and read history of military coup in Nigeria. Chief Obafemi Awolowo was jailed in 1962 or their about, on the evidence of Professor Sanya Onabamiro and others, main accomplices who turned prosecution witnesses. Her conviction came from her indictment by the judge for ' evidence manufacturing ' Which would mean that it took her some time before she turned coat. All the same, I'm neither defending nor crime, but just responding to your post to share knowledge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

AK-47 Rifles Concealed In Grasses To Evade Detection. Photos / Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience / Amma Buwa: Bukar Abacha's Daughter Strangled To Death In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.