Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,240 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? (742 Views)

Yuguda: A Certain President Chose Not To Remove Subsidy To Protect His Life / Labour Reacts To Tinubu’s Plan To Remove Subsidy / Factcheck: Did NASS Delay 2019 Budget For 7 Months As Claimed By Mr Buhari? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? by Ekemini11: 1:46pm On May 31, 2023
Here are some of Peter Obi's tweets which reflects his plans about subsidy.

You can see, he plans to remove 50% subsidy, while providing alternatives programmes to cushion the effect of the removal.

That's the difference between his plan and Tinubu's plan.

Tinubu just announced the removal of subsidy without any plan to help people cushion the effect.

Tweet links:
https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1592541836526387201?t=fx4rHAP4SOmF5I8KDl5rBw&s=19

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1571985786139967489?t=KhqDYwF6S6iKraNkauwibA&s=19

1 Share

Re: Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? by richidinho(m): 1:49pm On May 31, 2023
Tinubu has no manifesto, he solely relied on what Peter Obi said on Arise tv but refused to study the details grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? by solmusdesigns: 1:50pm On May 31, 2023
I watched him live on AriseTV specifically stating he would remove subsidy

You Obidient are making him look like a lair

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? by Cyril44: 1:50pm On May 31, 2023
Rest
Re: Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? by tamdun: 1:51pm On May 31, 2023

5 Likes

Re: Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? by tamdun: 1:52pm On May 31, 2023
solmusdesigns:

He is a liar

3 Likes

Re: Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? by Zxcvbnmghtr: 1:52pm On May 31, 2023
The only reason I am supporting Tinubu on this is because my Master, Peter Obi would have done the same. Fellow Nigerians should not worry after we collect our mandate back we will continue with the good work Tinubu has started. "Fuel subsidy is gone for good" it has been a great hindrance to our collective wealth.

3 Likes

Re: Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? by richidinho(m): 1:53pm On May 31, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

The only reason I am supporting Tinubu on this is because my Master, Peter Obi would have done the same. Don't worry after we collect our mandate back we will continue with the good work he has started. "Fuel subsidy is gone for good".

This is petty bro...grow up, when did PO became your master? grin

1 Like

Re: Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? by Zxcvbnmghtr: 1:56pm On May 31, 2023
richidinho:

This is petty bro...grow up, when did PO became your master? grin

I wish I can call him My President, but we can not have two presidents at the same time. We will wait patiently until we get our mandate back.

1 Like

Re: Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? by Sltp: 1:59pm On May 31, 2023
solmusdesigns:

the details provided nko? Is that photo shopped?
Re: Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? by Dreal1247: 2:04pm On May 31, 2023
The people who frustrated the floating of modular refineries are the ones powering Dangote refinery. Don't think that Dangote refinery will favour the poor masses. Just look at the cement industry and observe the cost of the commodity before Dangote came in. The subsidy drama is to provide the right platform for Dangote to be selling the products at cut throat prices.
With the statement of Mr Peter Obi to support the modular refineries, they have no other option but to ensure that he doesn't step into the presidential seat unless there is a divine intervention.
Re: Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? by Bobloco: 2:05pm On May 31, 2023
solmusdesigns:

Take your time and read the above article
Re: Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? by Ekemini11: 2:05pm On May 31, 2023
tamdun:
So removing 50% doesn't mean he removed it?

When Rufai asked him, he said yes and no. You can't remove subsidy without making provision for the impact. No dey rush copy any policy you see.
Re: Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? by Dreal1247: 2:09pm On May 31, 2023
Some people are waking up to see that they have been scammed. Imagine that after the meeting with the NNPL GMD, the following morning, the prices of the product at the NNPL filling stations have increased. We are meant to believe that the subsidy has not been removed and that the subsidy payment has been provided for until June 30th.
Re: Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? by Confirmedzombie: 2:16pm On May 31, 2023
Bobloco:

Take your time and read the above article

Watching him talk live and reading an article which is more objective.

What he said remains his words. An article is not a evidence.

You people are making Obi look like a liar.
Re: Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? by Standing5(m): 2:17pm On May 31, 2023
Reduction isn't equal to removal.
Re: Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? by ZKOSOSO(m): 2:17pm On May 31, 2023
Everything about Tinubu is Scam.

To him Politics is Chess game. Scamming Nigeria 🇳🇬 is past time and fun .

This singular act 🎬 of subsidy removal can wash up additional 70 million Nigerians to extreme poverty in addition to existing 133 million .

We might end up with 203 million extreme poverty cases thereby creating upper class n the poor. More like Marxism bourgeois n proletarian era
Re: Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? by Bobloco: 2:18pm On May 31, 2023
Confirmedzombie:

Watching him talk live and reading an article which is more objective.

What he said remains his words. An article is not a evidence.

You people are making Obi look like a liar.

That is from his verified social media handle
Re: Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:22pm On May 31, 2023
Dreal1247:
The people who frustrated the floating of modular refineries are the ones powering Dangote refinery. Don't think that Dangote refinery will favour the poor masses. Just look at the cement industry and observe the cost of the commodity before Dangote came in. The subsidy drama is to provide the right platform for Dangote to be selling the products at cut throat prices.
With the statement of Mr Peter Obi to support the modular refineries, they have no other option but to ensure that he doesn't step into the presidential seat unless there is a divine intervention.

Peter Obi the man wey Sabi.
Re: Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? by Felabrity: 2:25pm On May 31, 2023
What kind of fact checking is this?

Anyway, all candidates said they will, it was the right thing which I believe but selfish tinubu didn't follow the due process

(1) (Reply)

How First-timer LP Assembly Member Emerges Abia Speaker Despite Pdp's Majority / Malami Frustrated My Efforts To Recover $60b Stolen Funds For Nigeria- ObonoObla / Hon Osibanjo Jesse Adewale Gives Out To The People Of Ogbere Ward8 In Ijebu East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.