Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. (42368 Views)

I Am No Longer In Love With My Husband That Brought Me To The UK - Lady (video) / Help: Big Backside Ladies Have Made Me No Longer Have Feelings For My Partner / Is It True That When Women Have More Money They No Longer Regard Their Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Wodu89: 7:39pm On Jun 06, 2023
tosinhtml:

It took you 2 days to respond & you came up with this rubbish.

Ajah is not Igbo Efon & you are a very stupid person. The prices are very well different.

Now there are also so many SLUMS areas in Ajah such as Badore, Ado road etc others. Those places are even less than 700k BUT it is SLUM.

In that same Badore, there are also Estates that are clean and expensive. It is an Urban / Rural area put together.

I am not new to Lagos bro & you are a Fool if you cannot take me to that place at Igbo Efon that is 600k, you're a big fool.

Ode calling Badore uptown. Lol. Badore wey wet don enter pass throu commot.
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:42pm On Jun 06, 2023
UyaiIncomparabl:

Really? I know a very broke “tither”.

Why should one be tithing when he/she can hardly feed? Does that make any sense?

Tithing doesn't excuse a person from financial prudence.

Tithing isn't a get-rich scheme.

If a person earns 15k monthly, they're already broke.

But no matter what, so long as you earn, you are required to offer up 10% to God, as a Christian
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by tosinhtml: 11:07pm On Jun 06, 2023
Wodu89:

Ode calling Badore uptown. Lol. Badore wey wet don enter pass throu commot.

Rest bro, rest.
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Superpack589: 4:22am On Jun 08, 2023
Gaspardd:
Pple saying 30k on outing is too much re just being unreasonable.... You dont know aw boring it is to be single? Without being social, d aloneness can make sn run mad. You need this little outings to recharge your soul.
2. Even to have a gf/wife is far more expensive than that.

And for me also, im equally confused. Cuz the way money dey miss for my account enh? Ahhhhhhhh lord have mercy.

Na the same rope dy drag una that's why money dy miss for your account. Lol
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Superpack589: 4:31am On Jun 08, 2023
Guy get a good girlfriend or marry someone who loves you. 30k outing every month suppose don help you see partner. She will help you manage your life well and talk some sense into your head. I really don't know what else to say to you except that you are wasting money.

Your biggest expenses are your rent and car. Guy reduce your rent and stop feeding your car too much. How can you be buying fuel like this? Install solar energy instead and park your car for sometime.

You will soon crash o. Do you even have savings? I piry you sha.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by copyrites: 12:00pm On Jun 08, 2023
Acidosis:
Everything about your list is wrong and overbloated, including the least expensive items like hygiene maintenance.

Why are you spending 10k every month as a guy on hygiene maintenance? You dey do menstruation?

How much is your toothpaste and body/hair cream again and how often do you change these items? E no good to dey pass boundary, sincerely. Buy Nivea of 2,500 and add Soul mate hair cream of N500-N1000. I use these items for months.

And then you spend too much on fuel/maintenance. Do you have to drive everyday?

Are you being real now because why will you conclude that ten thousand is too much for body care for a man that earns 400k, when it's not 40k? I am not trying to say that you aee wrong either perhaps you can give him a better budget. I have an issue with expenses and would like to learn.
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Acidosis(m): 1:08pm On Jun 08, 2023
copyrites:

Are you being real now because why will you conclude that ten thousand is too much for body care for a man that earns 400k, when it's not 40k? I am not trying to say that you aee wrong either perhaps you can give him a better budget. I have an issue with expenses and would like to learn.

Well, I expressed my perspective based on my own context, but I also acknowledge that I overlooked factors, such as haircuts.

Regarding the budget thing, the truth is I don't follow monthly budgets. I don't believe in them because I don't replace household items or groceries on a monthly basis. In other words, having a monthly budget for rice would be unrealistic for me since e.g., I haven't spent one naira on rice this year. Similarly, seeing a monthly budget for clothing or shoes seems weird to me because I don't buy them on a monthly basis. As you can see, our realities differ.

However, regardless of whether one spends a lot on rent or food, a common factor should be the effort we put into saving or investing. Someone who couldn't save anything from a 400k salary would likely save very little or nothing even with a 70% pay raise. Savings should top the list of every budgets for those who believe in household budgeting. As for those, like myself, who don't believe in it, I would advise prioritising saving first and "blowing" the rest.

If your current living arrangement and environment do not allow you to save, it simply means that you are living beyond and above your means - a pathway to living a fake life.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by copyrites: 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2023
Acidosis:

Well, I expressed my perspective based on my own context, but I also acknowledge that I overlooked factors, such as haircuts.

Regarding the budget thing, the truth is I don't follow monthly budgets. I don't believe in them because I don't replace household items or groceries on a monthly basis. In other words, having a monthly budget for rice would be unrealistic for me since e.g., I haven't spent one naira on rice this year. Similarly, seeing a monthly budget for clothing or shoes seems weird to me because I don't buy them on a monthly basis. As you can see, our realities differ.

However, regardless of whether one spends a lot on rent or food, a common factor should be the effort we put into saving or investing. Someone who couldn't save anything from a 400k salary would likely save very little or nothing even with a 70% pay raise. Savings should top the list of every budgets for those who believe in household budgeting. As for those, like myself, who don't believe in it, I would advise prioritising saving first and "blowing" the rest.

If your current living arrangement and environment do not allow you to save, it simply means that you are living beyond and above your means. A.K.A. a fake life.

Thank you... I appreciate this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by decargne: 8:49pm On Jun 17, 2023
This one no dey save? Dey play...
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by MrReeseG(m): 10:46am On Jul 24, 2023
Essenza01:
I really don't know anymore, i just did my budget for the month and i am scared, i have cut from everywhere possible and i fear for my self.. i dont have a GF, Wife, Children.. my salary is N400,000 and i have added side businesses and one or two's to even survive.. but with this fuel increase, what else is left... zero savings..

- Rent - N108,333/mth (1,300,000/12)
- Fuel for car - N180,000 (36k for 5-6days)
- Auto maintenance - N30,000/mth (service/repair)
- Fuel for generator - N50,000/mth (20ltr/wk)
- Feeding - N62,000 - (N2,000/day)
- Health miscellenous - N5,000/mth
- Dstv - N4,500/mth
- Data - N7,000/mth
- Recharge card - N3,000/mth
- Dry cleaner - N4,000/mth (Starch/iron)
- Hygiene maintenance - N10,000 (body spray/perfume, roll on, soap, cream) etc..
-  Gift to people - N10,000/mth
-  Family House contribution - N20,000/mth
- Eko electric - N10,000/mth
- repairs and maintenance - N12,000/mth
- Clothing, footwear etc - N10,000/mth
- Outings, restaurant, sit outs and provisions - N30,000/mth

Total = N556,500...

My rent is average rent for where i stay, its a two bed flat, i use the other room for home office..

Feeding is N2,000/day.. its not anything out of the ordinary.. tried cooking and spent more with time wasting.

Fuel for car is at the new rate of N500/ltr, my car is a 70ltr car tank..

Auto maintenance is basic brake pads, shocks, service 2mths, tire guage, police pr, tire purchase if any, minor touch ups etc... nothing major.

Fuel for generator is 20ltr/day (2hrs or less daily)

I need help.... how are you people doing it, what am i doing wrong? The rat race is killing me..

I thought it was just me, I'm basically you but 300,000 monthly. It's tiring.
I don cut tire I don almost cut my hand join.
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by vefexam: 8:42pm On Jul 26, 2023
MrReeseG:

I thought it was just me, I'm basically you but 300,000 monthly. It's tiring.
I don cut tire I don almost cut my hand join.

Just assume they lay you off in the month of August.

What will you fall back too?

Will you start begging friends and family to survive?

If you have kids, how will you feed them.

Learn to budget and save else soon or later you will be poor
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by a4cube: 3:51am On Jul 29, 2023
Essenza01:

Its not even the best of apartments, its just a regular place in Ajah axis... i still have to wake up 5am to run out...
Run out bit you have home office. Rent the damn room out and save some money.
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Nobody: 4:29am On Jul 29, 2023
Everyone don turn presidential adviser for Nairaland.
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by timibare(m): 9:05pm On Jul 29, 2023
Mohisah:
Focus on your family.
Any human being in your house or your siblings don't need to ask you about smth before you give; investigate on what they lack.

Stop hanging out after work if it isn't work related stuff that will grant you funds.

Avoid lousy friends, cause you smhw spend your earnings because of hailing & you want to feel bossy around them.

Check on any living soul in your house, if their clothes or stuffs are worn out; be a noticing & caring father/brother/Uncle.

DIVIDE your earnings by 3; one portion for Rental bills. 2nd portion for your family. 3rd for your savings/other related vital bills like T.fair, car servicing.

A man getting paid like you shouldn't have less than 600k in his Bank.

Take this serious cause I do have somebody who spends like you, but later change when he started noticing the above statements
brother I hail oh
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by Greystone: 12:20am On Jul 30, 2023
Everything I wud hav told the OP has been said already.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Help Me With Budgeting.... My 400k Salary No Longer Takes Me Home. by bjbjjo: 9:27am On Jul 30, 2023
You have no business living in a two bedroom apartment, home office can be in tho corner of your living room. Cut your eating to twice daily. If you lose your job today you have no saving or investment to rely on. I know of someone who earns more than 600k monthly and he still share a two bedroom apartment with someone for less than than 650k annually. My broda cut you coat according to your size.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Dad Upset After Babymama Let Their Daughter Sit On Her Uncle's Lap - Video / 15 Reasons Every Nigerian Grew Up With Trust Issues(pictures) / White Wedding Photos Of Election Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.