Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) (22719 Views)

Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). / Lionel Messi Dribbles Past Five Players In Argentina 2-2 Uruguay Draw (Photos) / The Moment Croatia Beat Argentina To Give Nigeria Qualification Hope (Pic Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) by ManWater: 12:22pm On Jun 01, 2023
Judolisco:
that's if they'll be picked... After the u20 tournament we simply jst move on... Look at d Germans... They groom their players from young... Irrespective of their club form they go still call them.. That's because they have a system... But our Nff after dis tournament now won't do follow up on some of d players but will keep calling d so called 28yrs old Ahmed musa
Left for NFF, nothing will happen. Let's hope they secure good foreign clubs & also good managers/agents.
Re: Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) by ManWater: 12:31pm On Jun 01, 2023
IyfeNamikaze:

Yes they are indeed U20. The reason why Nigeria perfoms well in these youth tournaments is because they are physically more developed than their European and some South American counterparts. At this stage Nigeria take advantage of that physicality ( pace, strength and stamina) to bully their opposition. But once everyone levels up in physic when they get older, Nigeria's lack of technicality begins to show while the European guys technicality begins to Flourish. Another thing is that we have a very poor league, the league is not good enough both in infrastructure, coaching investment and competitiveness to allow the players to horn their skills better.
Judging from the match, you are right about the physicality aspect.
But why should they not improve technically? Our local league should not be a factor because majority of the players will secure foreign clubs after the competition.
Re: Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) by Jaybee3456: 12:50pm On Jun 01, 2023
ManWater:

But why should they not improve technically? Our local league should not be a factor because majority of the players will secure foreign clubs after the competition.

Truth is most of our players are not really hungry for success.. after making it to europe i feel like they forget where they come from because the all the money and lifestyle🤷🏾‍♂️ also when they come back to play here there's not so much fire in their belly to succeed. I bet you if they gather the best 22 players across our league we would've beat guinea Bissau probably not easily but we'd win across both legs for sure.
Re: Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) by slam7000(m): 12:59pm On Jun 01, 2023
African finals: Gambia vs Nigeria to meet in the finals.

Nigeria wins Gambia by…_.. to become the second African team to win the FIFA under 20 men’s World Cup.

Italy defeats Brazil again in the third place match but this time via penalty kicks.

This I have seen via my fake onyeamuma crystal ball
Re: Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) by Princezibk: 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2023
GODPUNISHALABI:
30 year old players why dem no go beat small underage boys
party pooper 🚽,,, people like you never appreciate success na to downplay you sabi 😏😏
Re: Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) by Princezibk: 1:10pm On Jun 01, 2023
gare:

We won yesterday, but Argentina would continue winning , becasue this guys would play football for the next 15yrs or more, but 90% of ours would stop playing, congrats any way lets enjoy the victory
just the way your peers are way beyond you with loads of achievements and you’re still lagging behind arindin omo
Re: Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) by toprealman: 1:11pm On Jun 01, 2023
Finally!
Re: Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) by ManWater: 1:51pm On Jun 01, 2023
Jaybee3456:

Truth is most of our players are not really hungry for success.. after making it to europe i feel like they forget where they come from because the all the money and lifestyle🤷🏾‍♂️ also when they come back to play here there's not so much fire in their belly to succeed. I bet you if they gather the best 22 players across our league we would've beat guinea Bissau probably not easily but we'd win across both legs for sure.
Our players not hungry for success? That's debatable.
Anyway let's hope this present set of u20 will change the narrative.
Re: Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) by FalseProphet1(m): 1:55pm On Jun 01, 2023
AngelicBeing:
False Prophet, l am entitled to my opinion, perhaps you are the agbado and zombie, you should respect people's opinion angry
You Sabi vex o. undecided
Re: Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) by gare(f): 2:14pm On Jun 01, 2023
Princezibk:
just the way your peers are way beyond you with loads of achievements and you’re still lagging behind arindin omo

You better stop smoking the shit, before you go mad, done ever mention me here again Ode
Re: Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) by AngelicBeing: 2:45pm On Jun 01, 2023
FalseProphet1:

You Sabi vex o. undecided
Not really, I mind my business and respect the views, opinions of other people even if it is at variance with mine but I will not allow some fellows online to trample on my opinion, Respect both online and offline should be reciprocal meanwhile go and update your story, l see Temi dragging you to the belly of the Atlantic Ocean for 7000 lashes of koboko and l see a big war between Chisom, Temi and the Queen mother tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) by Cavalier: 5:14pm On Jun 01, 2023
GODPUNISHALABI:
30 year old players why dem no go beat small underage boys
FIFA would be mighty glad to toss our boys out.Since 2013 when the whole Nigerian team except for one player was decamped due to failing the MRI Test,MRI tests became compulsory for African and South American teams as they are the main culprits of age-cheating due to lack of records in mainly poverty-stricken parts of the country where most footballers come from.
An MRI bone test has an error of +/- 2years and so the oldest that any player can be in this competition is 22years old.It is a fair contest.
Cheers!
Re: Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) by IyfeNamikaze(m): 6:02pm On Jun 01, 2023
ManWater:

To improve technically you will need a good coaching and good training infrastructure at the early stage of your career. Constant training and coaching guidance at the early stages are so important.
The local league is just as important. Yes some of these players will secure foreign clubs after the tournament IF they get to the final or win it and it will only be a handful of them that would be recommended by these foreign scouts, so the rest stays back in Nigeria and don't develope much here even though they were as talented or better than the ones who got picked up. The few who got picked up are not guaranteed to be make it and only a few out of the already few that was picked up are going to be good enough to break into the first team of good clubs and continue to Flourish. Take for instance, Oshimen, his set won the world cup and a few of them got scouted and picked up by foreign clubs but so far he's the only one who is making great strides and proving to be at elite level. With good coaching, infrastructure and good league, these other players who aren't considered to good enough at an early stage could still improve and play in a good league and be decent enough to be considered world cup quality. I would have loved to dive in deeper on this but I'm on mobile, my laptop is not close by.
Re: Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) by ManWater: 7:38pm On Jun 01, 2023
IyfeNamikaze:

To improve technically you will need a good coaching and good training infrastructure at the early stage of your career. Constant training and coaching guidance at the early stages are so important.
The local league is just as important. Yes some of these players will secure foreign clubs after the tournament IF they get to the final or win it and it will only be a handful of them that would be recommended by these foreign scouts, so the rest stays back in Nigeria and don't develope much here even though they were as talented or better than the ones who got picked up. The few who got picked up are not guaranteed to be make it and only a few out of the already few that was picked up are going to be good enough to break into the first team of good clubs and continue to Flourish. Take for instance, Oshimen, his set won the world cup and a few of them got scouted and picked up by foreign clubs but so far he's the only one who is making great strides and proving to be at elite level. With good coaching, infrastructure and good league, these other players who aren't considered to good enough at an early stage could still improve and play in a good league and be decent enough to be considered world cup quality. I would have loved to dive in deeper on this but I'm on mobile, my laptop is not close by.
Well, it's quite disappointing that we can not translate our level of dominance at the youth level into the senior level. embarassed
Let's hope this set will change the narrative, though from all you said, it may likely not happen.
Re: Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) by orlahtohbadt(m): 7:46pm On Jun 01, 2023
The second goal is reminiscent of Chinedu Ogbuke’s equalizing goal in the 2005 version against Messi’s Argentina. Albeit, the result was different. This was certainly a revenge for that. I hope they go on to win it.
Re: Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) by Jaybee3456: 8:20pm On Jun 01, 2023
ManWater:

Our players not hungry for success? That's debatable.
Anyway let's hope this present set of u20 will change the narrative.

How many of our players have league titles?
Re: Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) by Horus(m): 11:04pm On Jun 01, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oix3PYUhHdk

Argentina vs Nigeria U20 (0-2)
Re: Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) by FalseProphet1(m): 8:08pm On Jun 02, 2023
AngelicBeing:
Not really, I mind my business and respect the views, opinions of other people even if it is at variance with mine but I will not allow some fellows online to trample on my opinion, Respect both online and offline should be reciprocal meanwhile go and update your story, l see Temi dragging you to the belly of the Atlantic Ocean for 7000 lashes of koboko and l see a big war between Chisom, Temi and the Queen mother tongue
Writing isn't an easy task. I'll update it tonight.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) by mariahAngel(f): 9:56pm On Jun 02, 2023
FalseProphet1:

Writing isn't an easy task. I'll update it tonight.

Especially when it's fiction.
Re: Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) by FalseProphet1(m): 6:15pm On Jun 03, 2023
mariahAngel:

Especially when it's fiction.
Exactly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pogba To Demand £13.65m A Year Deal From Real Madrid / Elderson Echiejile Playing Football As Teenager (Throwback Photo) / Canada Its First Ever Olympic Gold In Women's Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.