Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy (4124 Views)

How President Buhari Was Welcomed In Anambra / Throwback:why Buhari Removed Fuel Subsidy – Osinbajo / Until Fuel Subsidy Is Removed, Fuel Crisis Remains Imminent – Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by osaroodion(m): 6:24am On Jun 01, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stNWuwsnzg4

No reasonable person would be against the removal of fuel subsidy. The problem now is the manner in which it was removed.

5 Likes

Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by osaroodion(m): 6:47am On Jun 01, 2023
The entire nation is upside down because of one man's foolishness.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by Hopium: 6:49am On Jun 01, 2023
osaroodion:
The entire nation is upside down because of one man's foolishness.

Let me leave this here for the mumu wey go enter this thread.

Hopium:
You are only wailing.

"Wait for 3 months"

Olodo! Where was this tears when Buhari removed subsidy in January?

In case you miss it, Buhari didn't include the fuel subsidy component in the approved budget for 2023 he sent to the National Assembly. FYI, the budget covers June 2023 - June 2024.

Stop piling the blame on Tinubu. It's really sad that the majority of Nigerians know nothing about governance; little wonder they keep electing clown lawmakers. Where was everyone when the lawmakers signed the budget? I mean Buhari cooked a budget without subsidy, no one batted an eye; now that the budget is about kick in after 6 months, una begin wail. Aren't you people stupid? Please answer. Aren't you as citizens clueless?

As a matter of fact, these rants are all because Obi didn't win. If he had won, and he put his money where his mouth is, he would have removed the subsidy *immediately* *like he promised*. The effect would have been same. And FYI again,*there won't have been any subsidy for him to remove* because *Buhari had already removed subsidy in Jan 2023* before *Obi takes power*. Probably these rants would have been coming from Batists and Atiku boys.

All of una hypocrisy stink. You don't care that hardship is in the land because of subsidy removal *which was inevitable and necessary*. The complaints is because the man you desist is handling the affairs. I swear if na Obi, we won't hear pim.

God forbid that we go back to the days of subsidy. Now everyone will sit tight, citizens and leaders. Everyone. The days of laziness is over.*Don't bring that Nigerians are hardworking crap* Going forward, Nigerians will shun mental laziness.

The removal is not biting yet, this is just prelude. When the real pain starts,*like a addict suffering withdrawal symptoms* everyone one will open mouth, protest, pressurized their governors, leaders, president, ministers to do their job. Una see that epileptic power supply, it will fixed and citizens will be ones to jumpstart that process. Una see that #6trn subsidy fund that is now free, na una citizens go monitor am to make sure una leaders use am for the proper projects.

If you're an elected public officer, you better sit tight. The days of nonsense is over. Any leader wey do rubbish next 4 years is going home because the citizens are angry now *they've been pushed to the wall* and they had better see results. Thank God this last election set a precedence that power is indeed in the hands of people.

For citizens, look at the brighter future; the future is bright for the country if Tinubu can implement all his promises. For the first time in like forever, we have a president that knows what he's doing. All we can hope for he that he lands this airplane safely. We are on the right track. But don't sleep, pressurize his government so he won't slack.

Obidients you are doing good as an opposition, keep applying pressure. We pray that PDP wakes up and apply pressure too. Days of laxity is over. Everyone has a part to play.

Like I've said the future is bright. Now is the time prepare yourselves *I'm talking to the hardworking, intelligent, and enterprising*. You will reap the fruit of the land. Just don't get distracted by the noise. Keep your heads down.

Lastly, Buhari before he retired signed some game changing policies. Now states have automy in power generation and distribution. Man-mark your governors to improved power generation. States should look at what Lagos and Ekiti are doing their PPP power projects.

In the new Nigeria, not all states will look the same. We will get to see states with innovative leaders. Men will standout from the boys.

Thanks

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by osaroodion(m): 6:52am On Jun 01, 2023
Hopium:

Let me leave this here for the mumu wey go enter this thread.

Both the last leader and the current leader are both inexperienced. Foolishness on rampage

5 Likes

Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by Hopium: 6:54am On Jun 01, 2023
osaroodion:

Both the last leader and the current leader are both inexperienced. Foolishness on rampage

No, not this current one. We can only judge by past track record. This is one is way ahead.

People need to patient with him. Housecleaning never start self. Lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by Agbadocassava: 6:54am On Jun 01, 2023
No going back on subsidy removal, it has gone for good…

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by MrAmbrose(m): 6:57am On Jun 01, 2023
Corn is just everywhere, portharcourt people have left bole to corn, I hope it's not what I'm thinking o. embarassed
I hope they use the subsidy money wisely.
Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by osaroodion(m): 7:00am On Jun 01, 2023
MrAmbrose:
Corn is just everywhere, portharcourt people have left bole to corn, I hope it's not what I'm thinking o. embarassed

What do you expect. The money will be diverted into the pockets of his cronies.

2 Likes

Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by Parachoko: 7:00am On Jun 01, 2023
osaroodion:

No reasonable person would be against the removal of fuel subsidy. The problem now is the manner in which it was removed.
So you are claiming you do not know subsidy will end in the first quarter of this year since last year?

1 Like

Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by osaroodion(m): 7:02am On Jun 01, 2023
Parachoko:
So you are claiming you do not know subsidy will end in the first quarter of this year since last year?

What measures did the govt take before the total removal.

Who were the stakeholders consulted before the removal. What are the basic infrastructure puts in place as an absorber.

1 Like

Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by osaroodion(m): 7:03am On Jun 01, 2023
Watch the video and hear intelligent discourse.
Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by osaroodion(m): 7:05am On Jun 01, 2023
Now the system is shocked, panic all over the nation, marketers are cashing out at the detriment of the masses. No regulated price, we are still unsure if the subsidy is removed.

Foolishness on rampage

5 Likes

Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by richidinho(m): 7:22am On Jun 01, 2023
Tinubu will be worse than Buhari

Dude has nothing upstairs
Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by osaroodion(m): 7:31am On Jun 01, 2023
richidinho:
Tinubu will be worse than Buhari

Dude has nothing upstairs
He'll be far worse than Buhari. The painful thing is how his blind supporters are spewing rubbish. Tribalism has finished us.

2 Likes

Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by udemzyudex(m): 7:41am On Jun 01, 2023
Parachoko:

Pls stop this talk it is stale, watch the video and see how he went about it.

Especially from someone who said subsidy will bring hardship to Nigerians and even stated how the government should go about it ,fast forward to 2023 he can't even follow his own advice.
Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by Obaaderemi2: 7:42am On Jun 01, 2023
osaroodion:
He'll be far worse than Buhari. The painful thing is how his blind supporters are spewing rubbish. Tribalism has finished us.
Are you aware of the weekly riots that followed Ruto's removal of subsidies in Kenya?

3 Likes

Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by MrAmbrose(m): 7:44am On Jun 01, 2023
osaroodion:

What do you expect. The money will be diverted into the pockets of his cronies.

As always.
Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by walexbiz(m): 7:46am On Jun 01, 2023
Every Nigerian or most Nigerian understands that subsidy enriches only some selected few. Subsidy is not a bad thing it's just an avenue for government to alleviate t the harsh economic reality bedevilling the masses but unfortunately some wicked Nigerians are exploiting the scheme. The government have become so inept to arrest and prosecute those who are engaging in this nefarious activities, this individuals or group of individuals who are exploiting this scheme are close associate of those in power and the government either looks away. Now to the present reality, the subsidy as been removed without corresponding increment in the purchasing power of the people could lead down turn in the economy since the purchasing power of the people is gradually been eroded as the minimum wage or salary increment of workers is not been taken into consideration before the subsidy removal. Also it's on record that corruption is the main social vice afflicting our nation and if it's not address it will consume every good will. My point here is the removal of subsidy will put more money in the hands of governor who will eventually squander it for unimportant personal project.
Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by wisdomkid: 7:47am On Jun 01, 2023
osaroodion:

Most times, I don't understand the politics people play. You'll be in your house, probably still eating "Mama thank you" at age 40, and still be yarning stuffs like these. Go outside to the real world and see how Nigerians are suffering.

No reasonable person?

The people responsible for removing it, are they reasonable enough with human empathy to provide an immediate solution?
Automatically removing fuel subsidy without any viable plan on your first day?

2 Likes

Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by osaroodion(m): 7:54am On Jun 01, 2023
Pls mod kindly move this to the fp
Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by Parachoko: 8:03am On Jun 01, 2023
udemzyudex:

Especially from someone who said subsidy will bring hardship to Nigerians and even stated how the government should go about it ,fast forward to 2023 he can't even follow his own advice.
I'm not interested in seeing any video

During campaign, Asiwaju said he will remove fuel subside and unify the exchange rate. So I do not understand why you're here crying bitterly
Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by Bobloco: 8:30am On Jun 01, 2023
MrAmbrose:

No money will be saved from subsidy removal

1 Like

Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by Mindlog: 8:45am On Jun 01, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Are you aware of the weekly riots that followed Ruto's removal of subsidies in Kenya?

At least after the weekly riots they went back home to enjoy 24hrs public power supply, not carrying cans looking for where to buy petrol for their generators.
Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by Obaaderemi2: 9:08am On Jun 01, 2023
Mindlog:

At least after the weekly riots they went back home to enjoy 24hrs public power supply, not carrying cans looking for where to buy petrol for their generators.
How will you have stable power and constant supply of fuel if you continue to use half of your meagre budget on fuel subsidy alone? That's why it has to be yanked out like a bad tooth.

3 Likes

Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by DOptical: 9:21am On Jun 01, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
How will you have stable power and constant supply of fuel if you continue to use half of your meagre budget on fuel subsidy alone? That's why it has to be yanked out like a bad tooth.

Don't mind him. Funnily enough, I recall how same lack of fuel, alongside scarcity of money policy and power were supported throughout the whole two months leading to election time. Some felt it wouldn't make Tinubu to win. That's why I laugh when I see some people saying gibberish about mandate stolen. Lol. What mandate was stolen exactly? Even most of the people in the federal government were against Tinubu yet he won. Man has been building his whole structure all his life from 1999 but you all thought it was a joke..

Anyway, I know Tinubu is quite capable of handling the whole subsidy stuff and the marketers. He handled OBj bullshit while he was Lagos state governor for example despite Obj being the President!

3 Likes

Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by Mindlog: 9:22am On Jun 01, 2023
Obaaderemi2:

You and I know that fuel subsidy is not the reason why Nigerians do not enjoy uninterrupted power supply but misappropriation and outright embezzlements of resources with beneficiaries going scot-free because Kenyan government subsidized their petroleum products and still ensured 24/7 electricity supply. I lived and worked in Nairobi, it is very, very, very difficult to see a generator in people's homes and that is a reflection of their confidence in their public power supply system.
Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by Parachoko: 10:25am On Jun 01, 2023
udemzyudex:

I'm not watching any video abeg

Subsidy is gone

Base on how things are now, I have no issue with the way subsidy is remove. We can't keep on borrowing to pay for subsidy
Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by udemzyudex(m): 10:59am On Jun 01, 2023
Parachoko:
I'm not interested in seeing any video

During campaign, Asiwaju said he will remove fuel subside and unify the exchange rate. So I do not understand why you're here crying bitterly

In 2012 when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy,he said it will bring hardship and also told the government on what to do,why is he not following his advice in 2023 or the hardship in 2012 is different from the hardship in 2023?
Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by Parachoko: 11:12am On Jun 01, 2023
udemzyudex:

In 2012 when Jonathan removed fuel subsidy,he said it will bring hardship and also told the government on what to do,why is he not following his advice in 2023 or the hardship in 2012 is different from the hardship in 2023?
2023 is not 2012
Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by udemzyudex(m): 11:22am On Jun 01, 2023
Parachoko:
2023 is not 2012

That's why I'm asking you is the hardship in 2012 different from the hardship in 2023?
Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by Parachoko: 11:26am On Jun 01, 2023
udemzyudex:

That's why I'm asking you is the hardship in 2012 different from the hardship in 2023?
Subsidy is gone

There's no need for all this unnecessary argument.
Re: How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy by Kossyso: 11:28am On Jun 01, 2023
The billions Buhari wasted in feeding school children and the stipends he handed out to traders in the form of trader moni should have been used to provide some basic infrastructure that could have helped to cushion the effect of this subsidy removal. This APC party doesn't deserve to be reelected. We are our own problem.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iwo Road Ibadan,Oyo State (graphic Pics) / Fact Checking The Numbers: CBN's Announcement of $1.5B Foreign Exchange Inflow / Do You Cherish Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.