Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

CBN Devalues Naira To 630/$1 - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Devalues Naira To 630/$1 (45609 Views)

Nigeria Devalues Naira In Bid To Attract Foreign Investors - Financial Times / CBN Further Devalues Naira, Now N411 To Dollar / Report Suggests CBN Devalues Naira By 15% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Devalues Naira To 630/$1 by PoliteActivist: 2:37pm On Jun 01, 2023
tnerro1:
Fuel subsidy romoval…..check

Next is bureau de change operators and their collaborators in CBN killing the economy, tinubu should send them back to farming

Next should be security issues, let his retire the old ones and get a fresh set of security gurus to run the security agencies

We are now moving forward unlike the last administration

P.s let him look at the border closures next after security

cheesy Presidency came out with PBT didn't mean subsidy would be removed immediately..
Just as CBN just came out with they never devalued the naira!
So much for that.
Let's just hope this is not another Bubu cacophony!
Re: CBN Devalues Naira To 630/$1 by PoliteActivist: 2:51pm On Jun 01, 2023
garfield1:

Oga,nnpc has fully removed subsidy.whatever is being said is an afterthought,look at the actions and forget media talks my friens

My friend as you can see from the below, it is sources within the presidency saying it - on video. Also note people’s comments. As for me, all I know is what I read - and the last thing I read on this is officials saying they haven't received any directive to remove subsidy

Re: CBN Devalues Naira To 630/$1 by rant19ade: 6:41pm On Jun 01, 2023
Civetcat:
This is exactly one of obasanjo’s first move when he came to power . Tinubu is ticking along nicely. He is front loading all the shocks and the pain will be unbearable at first . But handled properly ,Nigerians will reap all the benefits.
The funny thing is that Nigerian were already paying a higher price for over 10 years .
My advice for Tinubu’s communications team is that they are not doing their job properly.Nigeria is not Lagos where you have a large professional class who understand the vagaries of economics. Even Lagos is full of dimwits.
There is a need to communicate policies, the reason for , the effects and its potential benefits directly to the populace.Go to the hinterland and market squares . Communicate directly with the people .
Get their buy ins . Look for quick easy wins . FVCK palliatives . Use that money and import 50000 cheap tractors from china and distribute them to farmers cooperatives.
Get enough railway rolling stocks on the train lines ASAP and build agriculture transportation and distribution hubs around the lines .
This can be achieved within 12 months . Tell those useless flyover, event center and street light building governors to invest state funds in areas of competitive advantage. For most , it is agriculture.
Absolutely ignore all those so called Harvard agricultural experts who have never stepped on a farm for one day in their lives with their yeye “cooking pot” and “telephone for farmers”programs of the past . Face the reality on the ground and not some half baked classroom theories.

Very intelligent take
Re: CBN Devalues Naira To 630/$1 by Bentonite1: 6:50pm On Jun 01, 2023
domDva:
BAT is not here to smile, one thing you cannot take away from him is his capacity to take tough decisions, something that Buhari completely lacked.

Common sense is far from you. do you even know what that means?

1 Like

Re: CBN Devalues Naira To 630/$1 by Smithwilliams826: 6:57pm On Jun 01, 2023
dedonfranco:
We go miss Buhari very soon.......God forbid.
grin
Re: CBN Devalues Naira To 630/$1 by Goddyrichie(m): 9:01pm On Jun 01, 2023
Re: CBN Devalues Naira To 630/$1 by SavageResponse(m): 9:16pm On Jun 01, 2023
Ezmans:
so this means increase of goods & services

Yes it does but if the government properly manages the extra funds it will save the populace will not feel the negative impact so much
Re: CBN Devalues Naira To 630/$1 by betshopagent(m): 7:41am On Jun 02, 2023
BrownSugq:
LMAO 😂
Too many morons on this Nairaland.
They are hailing BAT for this irrational devaluation not knowing that Naira is about to hit the root in the parallel market.
Expect Naira at 1,000/$ by today evening

LMAO 😂
what do you expect? Blind tribalistic animals supporting one of their own not minding the truth. By the time dollar hits 1k naira; stupidity would clear from their eye.
Re: CBN Devalues Naira To 630/$1 by Brek: 10:49am On Jun 02, 2023
betshopagent:
what do you expect? Blind tribalistic animals supporting one of their own not minding the truth. By the time dollar hits 1k naira; stupidity would clear from their eye.
Don't mind them

1 Like

Re: CBN Devalues Naira To 630/$1 by YourMajesty(m): 11:18am On Jun 14, 2023
dalass:

The small tribal bigots have no idea what happened in the past. But the Nzeribe spirit is at work in them. Thank God the courts checkmated them.

I just pray that the tough reforms of this government will bring in the desired results of prosperity and peace smiley
I am not done with you. You will join your mom ❤️

1 Like

Re: CBN Devalues Naira To 630/$1 by skoIes001: 10:11am On Aug 20, 2023
angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss / Crowd Forces Port-Harcourt Mall To Shut Gate / The War Between GTBank And Innoson Motors Explained By Adeyanju Deji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.