Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu (46522 Views)

Lekki Port Now Processing Transhipment Cargo For Neighbouring Countries – NPA / Maiduguri Residents Commend Satomi For Subsidising Fuel / Nigeria Can’t Continue To Be Father Christmas To Neighbouring Countries – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by Mrrock199026(m): 10:05am On Jun 01, 2023
🤢
DM for doors like chinese,egypt and turkish door.....09071921794

Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by BreconHills(m): 10:07am On Jun 01, 2023
ShaqFu:
perception and clarity to commit more fraud, right?

If you want to ask where the value is in the economy ask me directly.
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by tommykiwi(m): 10:08am On Jun 01, 2023
Agbadocassava:

Nobody thief your manhood abi na mandate, subsidy removal has come to stay, you guys will soon start Biafra or nothing agitation.
So you guys in Apchit finally agreed that fuel subsidy is real?

Make una continue dey play..
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by Bluntemperor: 10:14am On Jun 01, 2023
Biodun556:

I heard the cbn just devalued naira to $612
I think by the time Nigerian refinery start working , as the price of petrol comes down, dollars two should come down

Fake Information- NO DEVALUATION!
Beware!!!!
You see now in this Country,no more Investigate Journalism again,in this era of Social Media, anybody can just put up False narratives from the corner of the room and the gaulibles swallows it!
The CBN has just debunked this Devaluation story!
So,let be careful, even on Nairaland!
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by bonnyhope: 10:15am On Jun 01, 2023
I go with him on this

Petroleum products imported into this country at subsiized rate find its way to neighbouring countries.

Custom ,immigration are at borders collecting bribes
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by RighteousDemon: 10:15am On Jun 01, 2023
Bluntemperor:

True talk,Mr President but the these Organisations - must first be Audited and ask those managing them to give space,for Nigerians to know the true position of things,as the TRUST elements is lost!
So the earlier you do this,the better!

The money for subsidization will still be looted. So,
its useless.
They rather keep subsidizing cos thats the only way the poor masses gain from the FG a little
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by PoloG: 10:16am On Jun 01, 2023
ablejesus26:

It's not mentally sound to dare to belief that Tinubu and His Apc structure will go into the ballots with the intention of free and fair election.

Obi Won the election, while Tinubu won the Inec selection as the highest bidder.
obi won the election in igboland and their ss slaves region
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by Nilon: 10:16am On Jun 01, 2023
Goodlady:
We dey do that one too? We too mumu o!
come to my house. let me give you fuel for free
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by Geomartinsurvey(m): 10:17am On Jun 01, 2023
President Good luck Jonathan not Man enough. A jittery fellow
Redoil:

Tinubu once opposed subsidy removal during GEJ administration when cost of living was relatively cheap. His party is in government for the past eight years and they didn't build any refinery. The masses will suffer it the more now his party has removed subsidy in the midst of suffering.
'
Same way when the past regime of President Goodluck Jonathan wanted to remove and rid Nigeria of this economic monster 13 years ago, but all you demons in the APC vehemently opposed him only to perpetuate the same fraudulent fuel subsidy then lied of removing it again and again. Bunch of fucktards and retards.

and as for you posting this clip carry your broom go filling station and shout emilokan and see the amount of biscuit that will fill your jerrycan
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by emmnprince(m): 10:21am On Jun 01, 2023
tuoyoojo:
This was something that should have been done since

Goodluck took the initiative to remove subsidy in 2012 but the tax collector of lagos say no then because he wanted to paint the government in bad light

Now he is there and he is doing same thing he fought against despite all the evidence given that subsidy was not for our benefit but because he was in opposition, he didn't care

Now that subsidy is removed, what are the palliative to cushion its effects

Overnight, the prices of commodities has doubled or trippled in some cases

How do people with fixed income survive

You're correct!

Let's assume PDAT with the passage of time after his opposition now realize fuel subsidy isn't sustainable in the long run in the context of national economy that's why he made a move.

Mind you, as said, fuel subsidy is not included in the 2023 budget. What does that imply? Technically, he is not the one that removed it but the past administration spearheaded by the ex-President. He only announced it in his inaugural speech.

My area of concern is that masses will bear most of the effect of the removal. What should have been done by previous government is to build modular refineries first (with the involvement of private hands) and allow market forces to determine the price.

Well, Dangote refinery is here and we hope it function and serve its purpose.
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by yemex04(m): 10:23am On Jun 01, 2023
lexy2014:

the question is why did he oppose it then?

you talking about leadership. why didnt he have the courage to support GEJ on fuel subsidy?

that being said, how is nigeria subsidizing fuel for neighbouring countries?

He(BAT) should be in the best position to answer that perfectly, however you sometimes take a stand on issues best on the information available to you per time..may be,just may be that he is better informed now

you talking about leadership. why didnt he have the courage to support GEJ on fuel subsidy?

One key quality of a Leader is beeing affirmative when taking difficult but benefitial descision... because definitely you would not get supports everyone when taking a policy descision on a complex issue like that of Subsidy..Yes GEJ did not require Tinubu's support to stand courageous & act rightly even when difficult. BAT will not have the support of everyone this time & like I said earlier,how he handles it will determine his leadership skills.

Okay, for example I reside in Ota Ogun state,a passage to Idiroko a border town with Benin Republic,I know of quite a number of filling stations where they sell PMS in to 25 Liters Gallons,many of them to Nigerians who take them to the neighbouring Countries to sell..recall subsidized fuel is supposed to be for Nigerians? These people smuggle them out through the Borders & of course Nigerians in Customs Service(Like most Nigerians) are corrupt to let it pass for a cut infact some of them are into the business directly. Since corruption is in the DNA of most Nigerians,the only other way to fight it is to block the platforms for corruption & this is what the removal of subsidy is expected to do from that issue.
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by Kurukuru: 10:25am On Jun 01, 2023
I thought Buhari closed the borders, how did the fuel get to the neighboring countries? I am not an intellectual slowpoke like those defending them
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by garfield1: 10:26am On Jun 01, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Same tinubu that couldn't get 25% in Abuja, you think those inec written northern votes are real abi

What is the real votes
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by ShaqFu: 10:28am On Jun 01, 2023
BreconHills:

If you want to ask where the value is in the economy ask me directly.
I'm not asking you for any value in any economy because I know even if there is, the common man won't have access to it, it is only those who have defrauded this country that will have access to it, even at that, such value can only be fraudulent because the country is built on the foundation of fraud.
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by FireUpNow(m): 10:28am On Jun 01, 2023
All na wash! BAT can't stand the cabal
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by SenatePresdo(m): 10:30am On Jun 01, 2023
Agbadocassava:

Nobody thief your manhood abi na mandate, subsidy removal has come to stay, you guys will soon start Biafra or nothing agitation.

As long as say na everybody dey buy am that price no wahala.

Igbos are the richest tribe in Nigeria per Capita.
So we would be the least affected grin
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by Hussein035: 10:33am On Jun 01, 2023
richidinho:
This is what PO promised, show us what Tinubu promised during campaign

No wonder he was running away from debates

Your yes daddy does not even know what he was saying during campaign. He once said subsidy will not last a day once he is elected and now you are posting another thing of 50%

Why are you people behaving like that
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by odduduwa: 10:33am On Jun 01, 2023
Amb1045:
Actually I never campaign for tinubu, but that man has power to control other evil men like him. They know what he can do and undo, so everybody has to respect him. I think the supreme court should allow Tinubu as the president for a while before they return the mandate to my mentor Obi
Yoruba come clean pls , this is method you people are using now
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by Truthshscrazy: 10:34am On Jun 01, 2023
Topmaike007:
My own is the type of scam dey used on "Nigeria Air" won't they use that type of scam on this fuel subsidy
cool
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by slowice(m): 10:39am On Jun 01, 2023
Omenlon:
oya mobilise your own and hit the streets with your protest.

Lol, na una dey there wetin concern me sef
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by ShaqFu: 10:43am On Jun 01, 2023
Mynd44:
This nigga didn't come to play.

He said it, he is doing it.

And he has kuku said if you like protest from now till next year.

Wahala wahala
the question now remain those who smuggle this fuel out of the country, who are they? What is the government doing in apprehending and prosecuting them?

Hope you know when you stop one route a smuggler use, he simply will go and look for another one.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by nedekid: 10:45am On Jun 01, 2023
Porous borders is an indictment on gov. Subsidizing neigbours is not an excuse.
Anyway, subsidy must go.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by AstrologyGuru: 10:54am On Jun 01, 2023
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by wifeesnatcher(m): 10:55am On Jun 01, 2023
Amb1045:
Actually I never campaign for tinubu, but that man has power to control other evil men like him. They know what he can do and undo, so everybody has to respect him. I think the supreme court should allow Tinubu as the president for a while before they return the mandate to my mentor Obi

you're a political comedian, obi has no mandate and supreme court can't unseat President

at the end no case, the match was lost on 3:1
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by Elxandre(m): 10:57am On Jun 01, 2023
Angelfrost:

This is emotional and baseless...! Address the matter on ground please.

Is Tinubu right or wrong?!
The thing about Africans is we can be quite insensitive.
Subsidy removal isn't affecting many of us that harshly but there are people surviving on so little and on the edge already, what happens when prices of commodities and all gets tripled overnight?
Why not remove maybe 50% of the subsidy for now while working towards stable power supply and increment in wages and general economic condition?
There are people earning 30k in this country already living hand to mouth, how do they even transport themselves to work or eat when the unavoidable increase in cost of living hits?

Subsidy removal is absolutely necessary but the timing might be premature.
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by Walezy2020: 11:13am On Jun 01, 2023
enemyofprogress:
Idodo oro! Enough is enough.

This will aid your movement from one place to another since fuel is now expensive 😂. Keep your orders coming, it's just 40k.

Payment validates order.

Let me pay #5k
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by drlateef: 11:18am On Jun 01, 2023
Redoil:

Tinubu once opposed subsidy removal during GEJ administration when cost of living was relatively cheap. His party is in government for the past eight years and they didn't build any refinery. The masses will suffer it the more now his party has removed subsidy in the midst of suffering.
'
Same way when the past regime of President Goodluck Jonathan wanted to remove and rid Nigeria of this economic monster 13 years ago, but all you demons in the APC vehemently opposed him only to perpetuate the same fraudulent fuel subsidy then lied of removing it again and again. Bunch of fucktards and retards.

and as for you posting this clip carry your broom go filling station and shout emilokan and see the amount of biscuit that will fill your jerrycan

You can’t score any point here. There’s no wise economist who will tell you that subsidy must be kept for the corrupt people who benefit most from it. Only a courageous government can do what Tinubu is doing. And this is the best time to do it, when he has just entered government. So that he correct many things without fear of losing election.
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by jawalis(m): 11:23am On Jun 01, 2023
Amb1045:
It’s 11:22am already. Pls wake up
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by Angelfrost(m): 11:34am On Jun 01, 2023
Elxandre:

The thing about Africans is we can be quite insensitive.
Subsidy removal isn't affecting many of us that harshly but there are people surviving on so little and on the edge already, what happens when prices of commodities and all gets tripled overnight?
Why not remove maybe 50% of the subsidy for now while working towards stable power supply and increment in wages and general economic condition?
There are people earning 30k in this country already living hand to mouth, how do they even transport themselves to work or eat when the unavoidable increase in cost of living hits?

Subsidy removal is absolutely necessary but the timing might be premature.

Buhari avoided it for whole 8 years... Jonathan was taken to the sword then because they felt it was inhumane!

There will never be a good time to remove subsidy! Never!!

Honestly, there has never been a good or even perfect time... However, Jonathan's time would have been so much better, but Nigerians fought against him including the one selected to become the current President! SMH!

The only things to do are:

1. Ensure salaries are stepped up to meet consequent rise in prices of commodities.

2. Provide alternative and cheaper transport means for workers especially government workers.

3. As a matter of urgency, make electricity stable and available to make businesses and even homes less dependent on generators and that way curb cost of fueling.

4. Reduce days of work in both private and public sectors.

5. Start the process when schools are on long holidays (July to September) in order to reduce cost of taking kids to school.

6. Drastically cut cost of governance starting from Aso Rock to Ministries! This also means no foreign trips for whatsoever reason!

A lot more structures can be put in place to cut or mitigate the negative effects while the system fully transitions.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by Moony45: 11:34am On Jun 01, 2023
CHIOMAEZEH:
What amazes me is how some people are now supporting this his move at this period where things are so bad in this country.... Something we should have forgotten about had we done it 13 years ago.

Now, cbn has devalued naira, more Hardship. Meanwhile salary remains same.

Intentions might be good, but the execution no be am

Let's hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
lol, e get any time whey things no dey bad for una?
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by lexy2014: 11:39am On Jun 01, 2023
yemex04:

He(BAT) should be in the best position to answer that perfectly, however you sometimes take a stand on issues best on the information available to you per time..may be,just may be that he is better informed now

One key quality of a Leader is beeing affirmative when taking difficult but benefitial descision... because definitely you would not get supports everyone when taking a policy descision on a complex issue like that of Subsidy..Yes GEJ did not require Tinubu's support to stand courageous & act rightly even when difficult. BAT will not have the support of everyone this time & like I said earlier,how he handles it will determine his leadership skills.

Okay, for example I reside in Ota Ogun state,a passage to Idiroko a border town with Benin Republic,I know of quite a number of filling stations where they sell PMS in to 25 Liters Gallons,many of them to Nigerians who take them to the neighbouring Countries to sell..recall subsidized fuel is supposed to be for Nigerians? These people smuggle them out through the Borders & of course Nigerians in Customs Service(Like most Nigerians) are corrupt to let it pass for a cut infact some of them are into the business directly. Since corruption is in the DNA of most Nigerians,the only other way to fight it is to block the platforms for corruption & this is what the removal of subsidy is expected to do from that issue.

what was the best information available to Tinubu at the time?

how does the decision he has taken now show that he is better informed?

what is beneficial about this decision that you are attributing to leadership?

how does what you have just said show that nigeria subsidizing fuel for neighbouring countries?

if people from Benin smuggle tin tomatoes into Nigeria, are they then subsidizing tin tomatoes for nigeria?

from the 90s till date, the government has always used fuel going to neighbouring countries as an excuse to increase price of fuel saying that a price increase will stop the smuggling. 30 years after and with several price increases during this peroiod, why has product price increase not stopped smuggling of petroleum products into neighbouring countries?

so according to you, those responsible for facilitating the smuggling of fuel into Benin are government officials. is the government aware that its officials are perpetrating these actions at Seme border?
Re: Nigeria Can’t Be Subsidising Fuel For Neighbouring Countries - President Tinubu by Zxcvbnmghtr: 11:40am On Jun 01, 2023
Imagine how Tinubu was talking, "and am going to win this election," who talks like that. Well we are still in court, he will be surprise. Peter Obi will not retreat nor surrender.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yusuf Buhari's Wedding: Traffic Gridlock As Abuja Residents Complain (Video) / APC Sweeps Ekiti North Senatorial District - Official Result / The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.