Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

RELATIONSHIPS (no Man Is An Island) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / RELATIONSHIPS (no Man Is An Island) (377 Views)

Chinedu Okeke: This SA Man Is Searching For His Long Lost Family From Abia / No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy / I Reject The Idea That The Man Is The Head Of The House - Female Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RELATIONSHIPS (no Man Is An Island) by apstpaulg(m): 4:36pm On Jun 01, 2023
Most times we've celebrated the individualist. We love the story of the man who defies the odds & goes it alone. We admire the overcomer & the one-man champion. All that's fine, & there's certainly nothing wrong with being principled & resilient. Nevertheless, life requires a necesary balance. Extremism rarely works. So in spite of the fact that individualism can be a good thing, the love of individualism must be balanced with the harsh realization that nobody can live life alone. Nobody is completely self-sufficient or self-made, without the help of others.
Great achievers learn this fact early & make it a central part of their success strategy.
No man is an island. You've heard this statement all your life, & it's true. Cooperative efforts are necessary for greatness. King Solomon the wise leader, said, "Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour" (Ecclesiastes 4:9).

Apostle Paul Eshiet.
To call-in for a private prayer & counseling, check my signature below...
Re: RELATIONSHIPS (no Man Is An Island) by PoliteActivist: 4:49pm On Jun 01, 2023
How do you know?
Another persons experience of reality and the world may be totally different from yours
Re: RELATIONSHIPS (no Man Is An Island) by apstpaulg(m): 5:14pm On Jun 01, 2023
For starters, you can understand that relationships exist on multiple levels. Some relationships are intense; others are casual. Some are close; others are more distant. In fact, psychologists tell us that relationships exist on @ least five levels, as we'll demonstrate through our conversation. The lowest level of communication is the cliche level, where we give people the programmed questions & statements that others expect regarding weather, sports, etc. The next level is the gossip level, where we talk about more substancial issues, especially people. The third level of relationship building is the "testing the waters" stage, where we actually put forth ideas, including dreams & goals, to see how the other person reacts to them. The fourth level is the "passionate" level, where we reveal thoughts & fealings, sharing passions & emotions that really make us tick, advancing to the point that we won't be rejected if we say something unusual or "wrong."

Apostle Paul Eshiet.
check my signature below...
Re: RELATIONSHIPS (no Man Is An Island) by apstpaulg(m): 5:20pm On Jun 01, 2023
PoliteActivist:
How do you know?
Another persons experience of reality and the world may be totally different from yours
It's a long thread, curled out from my seminar articles. And this is in relation to achieving greatness (to be precise). Am not through with the article yet. You can check my other thread. Thank you.
Re: RELATIONSHIPS (no Man Is An Island) by apstpaulg(m): 6:00pm On Jun 01, 2023
And the ultimate level of relationship & communication is the level where we connect spiritually, actuall becoming "one" in mind, heart, & motivation.
We all have relationships on every one of these levels. We have family & friends, of course. Coworkers & clients also. We rarely think about it, but we all know a lot of people on a lot of different levels. The point i'm driving @ here is healthy. This is good, as we learn to appreciate the value they add to our lives @ learn to harness the benefits that other people afford us by their involvement in our lives.
Social intelligence & the recognition of the role of the others in your life is a key component to personal success & happiness.
Truly successful people are socially aggresive. They grasp the absolute necessity of creating relationships in the workplace & nurturing relationships on various levels in the markeplace. Too many in the profesisional world fail to grasp this concept of the value & centrality of relationships to them.

Apostle Paul Eshiet.
Re: RELATIONSHIPS (no Man Is An Island) by PoliteActivist: 6:03pm On Jun 01, 2023
apstpaulg:

It's a long thread, curled out from my seminar articles. And this is in relation to achieving greatness (to be precise). Am not through with the article yet. You can check my other thread. Thank you.

Thanks.
Personally I suspect people live in different realities, though we inhabit the same world. Yet it is extremely difficult NOT to assume that the way one experiences reality is the same way everyone else does

1 Like

Re: RELATIONSHIPS (no Man Is An Island) by apstpaulg(m): 6:15pm On Jun 01, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Thanks.
Personally I suspect people live in different realities, though we inhabit the same world. Yet it is extremely difficult NOT to assume that the way one experiences reality is the same way everyone else does
Thanks for your view.
Every message has it's target, not neccessasily bound to be generally accepted.
Thanks
Re: RELATIONSHIPS (no Man Is An Island) by PoliteActivist: 6:41pm On Jun 01, 2023
apstpaulg:

Thanks for your view.
Every message has it's target, not neccessasily bound to be generally accepted.
Thanks

Thanks.
Lord Jesus put it aptly - do not cast your pearls before swine

Re: RELATIONSHIPS (no Man Is An Island) by apstpaulg(m): 10:47am On Jun 02, 2023
I pray that every expired good talent in ur life, be RIVIVED, RENEWED & REPLACED back in you.
Re: RELATIONSHIPS (no Man Is An Island) by apstpaulg(m): 8:16am On Nov 03, 2023
After the dust has settled, it'll be truly rewarding.

(1) (Reply)

Iphone XS 64GB For Sale now @130k / Dream Meaning Of Okro / Nigerian Man Dies 20 Days After His Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.