Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others (30769 Views)

Russia University Hoisted Nigerian Flag To Honour Faith Ebunoluwa Ojedokun / Olajide Rilwan Lekan: Medical Graduate Without "B" Grade From Russia University / How To Study On Cheapest Tuition In Russia: University Requirements, Student Vis (2) (3) (4)

Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by makaveli902: 9:12am On Jun 03, 2023
HacheNoire:
It was much expected after the inauguration of His Excellency, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR)
I believe the tradition that birthed the political demigod is what’s been studied
This
has nothing to do with Nigeria or Tinubu Russia is only looking for more allies and business partners.
Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by dyera(m): 9:14am On Jun 03, 2023
flokii:
Yoruba should be the official language in Nigeria.. too appealing and sweet to the ears.

If I slap you.
Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by renderme: 9:35am On Jun 03, 2023
flokii:
Yoruba should be the official language in Nigeria.. too appealing and sweet to the ears.
I'm Yoruba, but please stop. You guys are making me sick now.

Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by Nmezor(f): 9:45am On Jun 03, 2023
Na dem sabi undecided
Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by Sweetcollins: 10:12am On Jun 03, 2023
RingRoadMafia:
The same person wey create thread dey use him moniker and alternate monikers dey reply himself. The goal is to make the average Yoruba person on nairaland develop a deep-seathed hatred for Igbo people. And so far, it has been working due to the ineptness of Nairalands moderators.

But what is a win when you cannot focus on your own win and celebrate your tribe? Are you truly winning if all you can think about is another tribe? Are you sure you're not under a spell? Are you sure you're not under THEIR spell? If it's not inferiority complex then what explains why you've become so obsessed with a particular tribe that you can't focus on yours anymore?

LOUD AM BRO
THE THING IS BECOMING SO DISGUSTING
I IMPLORE ALL EASTERNERS TO REMAIN FOCUSED AND STEADFAST NOT CONDESCENDING TO THEIR SHENANIGANS
Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by 2mch(m): 12:05pm On Jun 03, 2023
sharone21:

Would have loved a situation where Yorubas too learn other languages and easily absorb other cultures but no, they aren't too liberal in such... There are some tribes that some of its people haven't left it's region but still learn easily another language by virtue of the people with that language he has in his region but not the Yorubas. Even sometimes living in a region away from theirs, few desire to learn language or at least culture of the others( food, dressing etc).....

Outside Lagos, to communicate with Yorubas they speak Yoruba to u and expect u to respond accordingly and if u don't they can begin tribalizing one as omo Igbo even when u aren't Igbo....Even to speak pidgin English which is generally an acceptable language for all in Naija, they prefer sticking to their language.... Even speaking English, they stick more to Yoruba and Mathematics.....

They are brilliant people but may not be seen to be intelligent.
We are not too intelligent but our zones and areas are the most prosperous and safe. Tell me why we should bend and learn the culture or language of inferior peOple that cannot even ensure basic safety for their own people. That they have to come to our areas as refugee with their primitive and unevolved culture and foods? We don’t go to anybody’s place to impose ourselves, or become nuisance. You do, so you are the one to assimilate since you lack intelligence and evolution. At least you will learn a lot in basic human development

Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by simfrost90210: 1:30pm On Jun 03, 2023
Demonicide:

It’s being incorporated into Chinese syllabus. Rest abeg!!

Shebi i don dey rest since..?
No wahala.. i dey rest oo
Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by gaskiyamagana: 1:53pm On Jun 03, 2023
RingRoadMafia:
The same person wey create thread dey use him moniker and alternate monikers dey reply himself. The goal is to make the average Yoruba person on nairaland develop a deep-seathed hatred for Igbo people. And so far, it has been working due to the ineptness of Nairalands moderators.

But what is a win when you cannot focus on your own win and celebrate your tribe? Are you truly winning if all you can think about is another tribe? Are you sure you're not under a spell? Are you sure you're not under THEIR spell? If it's not inferiority complex then what explains why you've become so obsessed with a particular tribe that you can't focus on yours anymore?
Particular tribe of stolen Mandate, particular tribe of Lagos is no man's land, particular tribe of highest number of Africa drugs trafficking in Asian' prison.,....?
Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by Dabronze(m): 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2023
newalien:

It's because they have no friends. Russians are assholes and have no honor and respect for their fellow human beings. Just look at history and see how Russian leaders keep repeating themselves sending people into a meatgrinder. The common mentality in Russia is "Just follow what the leader says and keep your mouth shut". It is a braindead mentality and proves the Russian people don't stand up for themselves. And I'm not even talking about ethnically Russians, I'm talking about Chechens who have been beaten to death, Manchurians, Siberians, ... you name it.
Russia is desperate for friends because they scared away all potential friends like Germany, Armenia, Turkey,...
Russia just knows that most africans don't know any better about their geopolitical neo-colonial situation and they want african country's to vote for them in UN resolutions regardless if they are moral or not[b]. In histroy trusting a Russian has never benefitted anyone. Just ask China, Armenia, Turke[/b]y, etcetc
Inside your gullible mind you will think what you wrote up there is the best everf

Since when US are planning to isolate Taiwan from China ,Russian are the leading supplier of weapons to china since then

On Turkey
Russia have assisted Turkey to build Nuclear plant and Turkey and Turkey are gradually boycotting from EU

I don't know much about Armenia relationship with Russia
I will advice you to avoid all this Western media propaganda you can't get the reality from them

Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by sharone21(f): 2:31pm On Jun 03, 2023
2mch:

We are not too intelligent but our zones and areas are the most prosperous and safe. Tell me why we should bend and learn the culture or language of inferior peOple that cannot even ensure basic safety for their own people. That they have to come to our areas as refugee with their primitive and unevolved culture and foods? We don’t go to anybody’s place to impose ourselves, or become nuisance. You do, so you are the one to assimilate since you lack intelligence and evolution. At least you will learn a lot in basic human development

U just fully exhibited the close mindedness u people have.... Who told u your region is more prosperous than mine? ( Lol).... And my people are very flexible, adaptable and most welcoming.

There is nothing that beats travelling, it adds to education.... U think your father's farm is the biggest till move out of it to see that of others. Na because of una NYSC dey.

I entered my place for the first time as a full blown adult and needed description to a place, a girl whose mum was busy cooking answered me....small girl.... She spoke her English well( as much as possible) and where she felt I may not have understood well, she added pidgin English..... Definitely, I won't get this from the West( outside Eko) where, the girl will first start with Yoruba, assuming ( unintelligently) that I MUST be one and even when I ask for further clarification, she will answer with ehn and even if not understanding me, will go ahead and assume to guide me based on what she FELT I asked. Na una be one of those when go make us dey write English tests before we get something in Western countries.

On intelligence, I consider my people that naturally.... Wherever we are, we blend easily, speak or even hear the language and live in peace.
Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by ZombiePUNISHER: 2:42pm On Jun 03, 2023
wellmax:

Yes ooo

Hausas can go back to Saudi

Igbos, hmmm, no history. Born throwaways

The real indigenous people of This country.

others migrated here from other countries to steal kill and destroy
Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by Banbanna(m): 2:52pm On Jun 03, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
Russia we dey exist since 1874 AD
all this while
Them no send Africans at all

Until U.S come show them wotowoto
After losing woefully in Ukraine
Then All of a sudden
They now remember Africa.

They say "Misery likes Company"
A defeated Russia want to roll with Africa to console themselves.

You dey mind that country. This is just of little relevance, if any. And it seems sort of patronising to me. This is just a desperate attempt to parley with the so called third world countries, given its fast waning reputation/amity with the 1st & 2nd world countries. Putin's sham Special Military Operations keeps producing opposite results. Hoping to subjugate Ukraine, instead they've formed a determined united front against Russia.
And their aggression has even further accelerated their bid to join NATO and EU, with the likes of Finland having already joined, and Moldova intending to.

Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by 2mch(m): 3:07pm On Jun 03, 2023
sharone21:

U just fully exhibited the close mindedness u people have.... Who told u your region is more prosperous than mine? ( Lol).... And my people are very flexible, adaptable and most welcoming.

There is nothing that beats travelling, it adds to education.... U think your father's farm is the biggest till move out of it to see that of others. Na because of una NYSC dey.

I entered my place for the first time as a full blown adult and needed description to a place, a girl whose mum was busy cooking answered me....small girl.... She spoke her English well( as much as possible) and where she felt I may not have understood well, she added pidgin English..... Definitely, I won't get this from the West( outside Eko) where, the girl will first start with Yoruba, assuming ( unintelligently) that I MUST be one and even when I ask for further clarification, she will answer with ehn and even if not understanding me, will go ahead and assume to guide me based on what she FELT I asked. Na una be one of those when go make us dey write English tests before we get something in Western countries.

On intelligence, I consider my people that naturally.... Wherever we are, we blend easily, speak or even hear the language and live in peace.
If you don’t like the way we are in our own homes and villages, stay in yours! People travel and don’t go back home because of opportunity they don’t have at home. So forget that nonsense about education. People who come for education go home. If you don’t like our ways, go home and stay there otherwise keep your nonsense to yourself. You and the people who make a mess of your homelands yet come to ours to try to dictate are extremely shameless and unintelligent. We know that and see that you act as sub human. So we treat you that way before you extend the bush behavior you brought from where you are coming from.

Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by laiperi: 4:41pm On Jun 03, 2023
Dewdrop! Here you go again.

BloomingDale:

Nigga, please.
Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by aspabay(m): 6:00pm On Jun 03, 2023
ZombiePUNISHER:

The real indigenous people of This country.

others migrated here from other countries to steal kill and destroy

Hahahahah, oya laugh at yourself.

People with no history,
Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by Splendor27: 7:06pm On Jun 03, 2023
RingRoadMafia:

oga no vex but the news is everywhere not only on nairaland and also it not only your tribe they did not mention...
We understand how you feel but Biko just take it easy...
Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by TheATM: 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2023
simfrost90210:

Stretch marks dey your brain oo🙄🤪
you need injections in your brains and after that you should be taken to YABA LEFT in Lagos .
Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by simfrost90210: 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2023
TheATM:
you need injections in your brains and after that you should be taken to YABA LEFT in Lagos .

😊
Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by JpBiz92: 9:26pm On Jun 03, 2023
Destroyerofyeeb:
Who wants to learn that useless language. Even the ibos themselves are learning Yoruba to feel relevant 😂 grin
Igbos are learning Yoruba to be relevant but last election saw your governors and other aspirants speaking or trying to speak igbo in order to be accepted in their own land.

Adeleke of osun has to speak igbo

Desmond elliot has to tell the whole world that he has igbo mother..

Chinedu Rhodes was proudly flaunting his igbo side

Even tinubu first son went to East soliciting for votes and reminding us that he has an Igbo wife..

Now, who needs who to remain relevant?
Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by olasquare: 5:30am On Jun 04, 2023

Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:22am On Jun 04, 2023
aspabay:

Hahahahah, oya laugh at yourself.
People with no history,

We know the history of indigenous Nigerians

Like the Hausas in the North until the Fulanis invaded from the desert of Mali

go to Niger Republic and see what Buhari did with Nigerians wealth.. Trains, roads, officially cars, houses etc

you invaders of the South should go back to your Egu brothers in Benin republic, Leave Lagos and Ijebu lands for the indigenous people, using language to steal their future..

no indigenous lagosian like Bode George, Vivour Rhodes, has ever ruled the State
Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by shotuns: 9:44am On Jun 04, 2023
It has nothing to do with Jagaban, percentage of Yoruba voters for Tinubu during the election is the lowest ever recorded. It shows not all Yorubas fancied him.

HacheNoire:
It was much expected after the inauguration of His Excellency, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR)

I believe the tradition that birthed the political demigod is what’s been studied
Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by shotuns: 9:57am On Jun 04, 2023
You mean the politically appointed Oba with a purpose to destabilize the Yoruba culture, powers and heritage? or the same Oba who openly and deliberately disgraced Yoruba culture at a gathering, it's all over the internet. The Oba that gets marry every week while his tribe is going into extinction? His wakabout activities is just saving faces on the outside, the Alale will soon deal with him.
The glory of the Yorubas will manifest if only they can return to their root as a nation, this joint business is a disaster to the race. Tinubu knew this because he said it once that he doesn't believe in one Nigeria and here, we are today. Nigeria can't get better until the Yorubas are let go.

Ppogbae:
Ooni of Ife must be credited here. His highness has done a considerable amount of work promoting Yoruba culture all over the world

Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by Stoplying: 4:41pm On Jun 05, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Nice one.
And you needed a fake map to make a point ?
Actual Precolonial map below.

Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by Stoplying: 4:42pm On Jun 05, 2023
Yoruba low self-esteem is too much. Yoruba look for white validation so much that this type of little news takes an other dimension with Yoruba chest beating and all sorts of Yoruba supremacist speechs.

Normal human beings would welcome the news of their language being taught in a foreign land by saying it brings the world closer and you welcome the honour and wish to replicate, but Yoruba take it as validation and ethnic superiority over other black people and....
Reality check: most Yoruba descend from American slaves. Well the slave past of Yoruba explains why they seek white validation so much. They still see the whites as their masters.
Re: Russia University Introduces Yoruba Language & Others by Stoplying: 4:54pm On Jun 05, 2023
One question which I want some Yoruba to answer:
Why do you often refuse to use the word "monarch" and say "Oba" instead ?
Also why don't you refer to your monarchs by their titles and instead call them "Oba" ?
I wonder if you guys know that "Oba" is the title of the Oba of Benin and that that is why the people of Benin refer to him as "the Oba", if your idea is to copy the way Benin refers to the emperor of Benin then you are doing a poor job.
Most Yoruba don't even know the titles of most Yoruba monarchs, you just indiscriminately refer to them as "Oba" which is the title of the emperor of Benin.
Is it too hard for you guys to learn the titles of your monarchs and stop diluting that of the Benin empire ?

For an Edo person it is very confusing, Yoruba are just overusing that word!

Download Cowbell Mathematics Past Ques & Answers Free Of Charge [2009-2019] Here / 22 Very Important Google Search Tricks / Unimaid Second List

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76