Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring (43846 Views)

Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Standing5(m): 9:49am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:
Even though I had to follow certain doctrines when I was younger, I have come to question some of them as they cannot be proven through the Bible. I am particularly curious about where the Bible specifically forbids wearing earrings. My parents are devout Christians, and they did not even pierce my ears, let alone allow me to wear earrings. However, one day I felt like wearing an earring, so I put on a magnetic earring and went out. Later in that day, I attended a Church program a friend invited me but when I got to the Church, I was asked to remove my earring or leave.

I am not trying to shade Christianity, not all Churches treat visitors that way, I was even surprised at the way I was treated that day. I am just specifically curious about where God condemned earring in the Bible? I accept that all Churches have their own doctrines but some of these Churches still use there doctrines to rate Christians from other Churches. Is wearing earring a sin or just some Church doctrines? I can't find any verse in the Bible that condemns earring. If you know any please indicate.
show me if God also condemned AK 47 also.

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Angelfrost(m): 9:51am On Jun 04, 2023
This is not a big deal to me...!

Churches are generally custodians of religious patterns!

Religion in itself is merely man's construction of what they individually or collectively perceive of whom they serve or worship!

Bottom line... Their religion/Church, their rules!

If the rules are grievous or abhorrent to you, find another place of worship!

No need making a meal out of it!

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by MrAgbako: 9:51am On Jun 04, 2023
Lol
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Henz81: 9:52am On Jun 04, 2023
orisa37:
USELESS CHURCH.
Sharap
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Henz81: 9:54am On Jun 04, 2023
HappyPagan:
Na you believe say virgin for Israeli born your Savior. Leave the craze people and embrace Satan.
Ewu Gambia
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Bfly: 9:54am On Jun 04, 2023
Wetin make we do? Go church wey allow erring now. You want to scatter the church for dem. Why pity party and condemnation?

Dem condemned you, now you are trying to condemn them too. You are not different.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by luckybliss: 9:55am On Jun 04, 2023
If you don't want to abide the rules of any church and their doctrines I advice you not to attend to that church otherwise you have your self to be blame , to attend a church is not by force

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by lomprico(m): 9:55am On Jun 04, 2023
Kooldon:
Every Association has a constitution to be followed by members. Same is applicable to a Church's Doctrine.
Either you abide or you seek your salvation else where.

did you read what she wrote at all?
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Okhuadams(m): 9:55am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:
Even though I had to follow certain doctrines when I was younger, I have come to question some of them as they cannot be proven through the Bible. I am particularly curious about where the Bible specifically forbids wearing earrings. My parents are devout Christians, and they did not even pierce my ears, let alone allow me to wear earrings. However, one day I felt like wearing an earring, so I put on a magnetic earring and went out. Later in that day, I attended a Church program a friend invited me but when I got to the Church, I was asked to remove my earring or leave.

I am not trying to shade Christianity, not all Churches treat visitors that way, I was even surprised at the way I was treated that day. I am just specifically curious about where God condemned earring in the Bible? I accept that all Churches have their own doctrines but some of these Churches still use there doctrines to rate Christians from other Churches. Is wearing earring a sin or just some Church doctrines? I can't find any verse in the Bible that condemns earring. If you know any please indicate.
my dear don't allow it to stop you from going to church . There are other churches that accept it and wearing of trousers locate those ones. But the most important thing is to worship God in spirit and in truth. In those places you find out that some of them are worse than you
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 04, 2023
Ah! Are you telling me that wearing earrings is not worse than keeping malice and pride? I don't believe this.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by MisfitHPG: 9:56am On Jun 04, 2023
HappyPagan:
Na you believe say virgin for Israeli born your Savior. Leave the craze people and embrace Satan.
dog,misery really loves company
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by kayodemark(m): 9:57am On Jun 04, 2023
This is the most senseless reply I have ever read. So if he/she is an unbeliver, would the church have won such soul with their useless doctrine?

People like you are what we call hypocrite. I spite on your generations

Kooldon:
Every Association has a constitution to be followed by members. Same is applicable to a Church's Doctrine.
Either you abide or you seek your salvation else where.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Swissli(f): 9:57am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

find another church please, not all churches suits us

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Akalia(m): 9:58am On Jun 04, 2023
See why I don't go to church. Everything is superficiall. Today's church has lost touch with genuine divine spirituality.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by STEVENcrack(m): 9:58am On Jun 04, 2023
If you don't wear earring would you die.. tomorrow someone else would come to complain that the church no allow her enter with mini skirt. Churches like CAC and deeperlife don't allow some things so u better start going to winners or Christ embassy were you can dress like a who're and stop complaining

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Iseoluwani: 9:59am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

Nothing is wrong with wearing
Just be modest

And in that church it is doctrinal error
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Algold: 9:59am On Jun 04, 2023
HappyPagan:

Ah, na church hold salvation... No be jesus... 1 Da full.

Lest you corrupt others.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by HappyPagan: 10:00am On Jun 04, 2023
Runnerzz:

So na Satan she go come believe? Or why should she embrace that lying goat head?
Jesus lie pass Satan. By far.mm
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by HappyPagan: 10:00am On Jun 04, 2023
Algold:

Lest you corrupt others.
Corrupt what?
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Kubin: 10:00am On Jun 04, 2023
Christianity in Africa is a waste of Time, white man brought Christianity to us and took away ur tradition.just believe in God chukwu okike abiama and do the right thing.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by GiZcorp: 10:00am On Jun 04, 2023
HappyPagan:
You don't believe a Virgin in Israel gave birth to our Saviour but u firmly believe in the devil enough to embrace him... Bro you are even more deluded and clueless than your ancestors. I pray you find Christ soon before it will be too late for you. Peace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

2 Likes

Henz81:
Ewu Gambia
Okuko Burundi
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Cantonese: 10:01am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

Jesus drove those that were doing business inside the Temple out, how does it relate to this? Show me another set of people He sent out?

If you read 1 Corinthians 9:18-23 and Roman 14:1-14, you will realize that they were wrong.

“ Jesus drove those that were doing business inside the Temple out, how does it relate to this? Show me another set of people He sent out?”

Clearly they are related.

Churches are not fashion places. They places where sinners are welcome and taught to change their ways. They are places where God is worshipped without distract. They are not places where sinners should have their field day confusing others and taking them way from their beliefs.

What’s more important is the interpretation of God’s word by different churches. To some it is nothing, but some absolutely disagree. For those who wear earrings and dress seductively, there are places to go where such mode of dressings are accepted.

That’s what it is, I’m afraid.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by HappyPagan: 10:02am On Jun 04, 2023
GiZcorp:
You don't believe a Virgin in Israel gave birth to our Saviour but u firmly believe in the devil enough to embrace him... Bro you are even more deluded and clueless than your ancestors. I pray you find Christ soon before it will be too late for you. Peace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
Na virgin for Israel born your Savior. Person wey three nails kill... Two thousand years ago... You still dey follow... See who's deluded.... 😕😕
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Latakia(f): 10:02am On Jun 04, 2023
Sorry baby it's a religion war church grin

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Celense(m): 10:02am On Jun 04, 2023
My dear, these are same set of people that will tell or preach to you that they don't believe in the worldly things but I'm still curious why they are not walking around naked. They forbid anything jewelries, attachment, wig or weavon, makeup etc. As if that's the greatest sin so far.
Merry100:

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by ibinaboonline: 10:03am On Jun 04, 2023
Most likely it's not even the church but the particular church official or usher just expressing his twisted ideas. You might say ushers just carry out the church's doctrine but we both know this isn't always the case. A youth leader once told me to shave my beard right after inviting me to join the youth wing. I didn't shave my beard for anybody. He was probably jealous of my handsome beard 😜 just like whoever told you to get rid of your earrings probably secretly admired your beauty.

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by ss1930(m): 10:03am On Jun 04, 2023
If an Herbalist ask you not to wear chain to his shrine, you won't question him, when companies tell you to submit your phones before starting your daily job, you dont question them, if doctor ask you to follow medications, you dare not miss... but when it comes to church, you feel its your right not to be condemned... you all are jokers!
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Onitola2: 10:03am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

I'm not a christian though but religion teaches morals, and earrings are not morally acceptable in our environment. It's for women in our culture, so u should respect the tradition
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by tellwisdom: 10:03am On Jun 04, 2023
If una don collect small itunes card, una go begin feel american....Anu ofia jati jati sad

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Steinmann: 10:04am On Jun 04, 2023
DAY 6 ( STOLEN MANDATE)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Churches That Can Lead You To Hell Fire / Pastor Dave Ogbole Accused Of Sexual Abuse After Defending Pastor Fatoyinbo / Private jet: Apostle Johnson Suleman finally speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.