Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,874 members, 7,828,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring (43911 Views)

Bridal Train Sent Out By A Pastor Over Indecent Dressing During Wedding In Edo / Man Sent Out Of Palm Sunday Mass In Delta State / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by babajero(m): 10:29am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:
Even though I had to follow certain doctrines when I was younger, I have come to question some of them as they cannot be proven through the Bible. I am particularly curious about where the Bible specifically forbids wearing earrings. My parents are devout Christians, and they did not even pierce my ears, let alone allow me to wear earrings. However, one day I felt like wearing an earring, so I put on a magnetic earring and went out. Later in that day, I attended a Church program a friend invited me but when I got to the Church, I was asked to remove my earring or leave.

I am not trying to shade Christianity, not all Churches treat visitors that way, I was even surprised at the way I was treated that day. I am just specifically curious about where God condemned earring in the Bible? I accept that all Churches have their own doctrines but some of these Churches still use there doctrines to rate Christians from other Churches. Is wearing earring a sin or just some Church doctrines? I can't find any verse in the Bible that condemns earring. If you know any please indicate.
I went through your write up and observed you wore the earrings just to be disobedient to your parents who according to you are devote christians, and if you are throughly a Christian and not a muslim pretending you would know what the Bible says about a disobedient child.

And another thing is that there is no church anywhere no matter how strict they are, that will send you home because of wearing earrings rather they will ask you to remove it.

And another thing I observed is that on Sundays instead of nairaland mods whom I believe most of them are muslims will post messages of Jesus Christ that can edify, instead they will be posting stupid things about the church and Christians that makes no meaning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Coolgent(m): 10:30am On Jun 04, 2023
End time church
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Natajo2021: 10:31am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:
Even though I had to follow certain doctrines when I was younger, I have come to question some of them as they cannot be proven through the Bible. I am particularly curious about where the Bible specifically forbids wearing earrings. My parents are devout Christians, and they did not even pierce my ears, let alone allow me to wear earrings. However, one day I felt like wearing an earring, so I put on a magnetic earring and went out. Later in that day, I attended a Church program a friend invited me but when I got to the Church, I was asked to remove my earring or leave.

I am not trying to shade Christianity, not all Churches treat visitors that way, I was even surprised at the way I was treated that day. I am just specifically curious about where God condemned earring in the Bible? I accept that all Churches have their own doctrines but some of these Churches still use there doctrines to rate Christians from other Churches. Is wearing earring a sin or just some Church doctrines? I can't find any verse in the Bible that condemns earring. If you know any please indicate.
None,
This is Nigeria version of Christianity
The sane way deeper life forbid their members from watching TV.
Same way most churches labeled Facebook a satanic social media at its inception.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by hardbody: 10:31am On Jun 04, 2023
smokinloud:

One mistake you are making is that Jesus and Paul were always friendly. That's not true. No one can change anybody, only the holy spirit can convert soul. The holy spirit can use your anger at times to cause a positive change in the mind of someone.
John 2:14-16
[14]And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:
[15]And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
[16]And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.
Acts 17:22-25
[22]Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
[23]For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
[24]God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
[25]Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

You think it's "friendly" to go to a pagan temple where they have been worshipping their idols even before paul was born and start condemning and preaching against it?!.
No, Jesus and Paul were not always friendly. Even the bible says "our God is a consuming fire" fire is not friendly...

Fire is not friendly but you cook with it. Y'all be interpreting thrash. Ain't no reason to justify sending a church attendee out of church. There is nothing indicating that wearing earrings is forbidden in the Bible. The Bible should be the yardstick not individual dogma
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Cutehector(m): 10:32am On Jun 04, 2023
Seems i will open a church for only those wearing earrings, tattoos and just about any kind of hairstyle be it man or woman.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by hardbody: 10:33am On Jun 04, 2023
babajero:
I went through your write up and observed you wore the earrings just to be disobedient to your parents who according to you are devote christians, and if you are throughly a Christian and not a muslim pretending you would know what the Bible says about a disobedient child.

And another thing is that there is no church anywhere no matter how strict they are, that will send you home because of wearing earrings rather they will ask you to remove it.

And another thing I observed is that on Sundays instead of nairaland mods whom I believe most of them are muslims will post messages of Jesus Christ that can edify, instead they will be posting stupid things about the church and Christians that makes no meaning.

Drunk.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by teacherbim(f): 10:33am On Jun 04, 2023
HappyPagan:
Na you believe say virgin for Israeli born your Savior. Leave the craze people and embrace Satan.

You are mad grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by chiboycue: 10:35am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

The doctrines of churches varies from one church to another. Some churches permit female members to wear trousers and mini skirts to their services while some churches do not permit it. Some churches do not permit women with lipsticks and men with dreadlock to come forward to receive holy communion. Some churches insist that women should cover their hair before entering their services while some churches allow women to attend their services without covering their hair. Some churches allow men with dread locks and worn earrings to attend their services while some do not permit it. Some of the doctrines ensures orderliness and prevent distraction during church services.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by UptownVibes(m): 10:36am On Jun 04, 2023
HappyPagan:

Ah, na church hold salvation... No be jesus... 1 Da full.
Jesus dey wear ear rings? A church is not a club house .. Every church has rules and reg,if you can follow them ,then go to your village shirine .. Even though op didn’t state if she is a male or female..
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by favouredpikin: 10:37am On Jun 04, 2023
This our generation and their stupid wokeness. Even courtesy and common sense and wisdom demands that when you are going to an organisation or place or environment you first learn their culture, rules and regulations. This is stupid of you to come and start complaining.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by texazzpete(m): 10:37am On Jun 04, 2023
Xavier70s:

Jeremiah 4:30
And when thou art spoiled, what wilt thou do? Though thou clothest thyself with crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold, though thou rentest thy face with painting, in vain shalt thou make thyself fair; thy lovers will despise thee, they will seek thy life.

What does this have to do with this thread? Why do you people love taking Bible passages out of context?

And people here ‘liked’ this?
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by texazzpete(m): 10:40am On Jun 04, 2023
favouredpikin:
This our generation and their stupid wokeness. Even courtesy and common sense and wisdom demands that when you are going to an organisation or place or environment you first learn their culture, rules and regulations. This is stupid of you to come and start complaining.

The rules and regulations are the Bible, and that’s what is laid down for Christians.

What is ‘woke’ about this thread? Must everybody worship pastors and churches? Did Jesus follow all the ‘rules and regulations’ of the synagogue and sheepishly do all the Pharisees did?
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by profmallor: 10:40am On Jun 04, 2023
There are loads of churchs that wont object, why dont you find one and attend?.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Danidinho4: 10:40am On Jun 04, 2023
When you go to Rome be have like Romans. Its called a doctrine for a reason. They didn't force your coming, it was an invite, it was still your choice to wish to turn it down but as long as you gave into it you have to follow suit.

It's same like going to a Christian or a Muslim school and decide to change their narrative. It won't work!
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by PapaFejiro: 10:41am On Jun 04, 2023
So where did you get satan from if you ask others not to believe the Bible? Na colo dey worry some of una I swear.
HappyPagan:
Na you believe say virgin for Israeli born your Savior. Leave the craze people and embrace Satan.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by onlyboyson(m): 10:41am On Jun 04, 2023
e no go pass chosen charismatic
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Stanley1155: 10:42am On Jun 04, 2023
This is very simple,behave like Romans if you see yourself for Rome.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Olumaeme: 10:43am On Jun 04, 2023
Go to where they'll allow you to wear it.

I am a free thinker but I think people over dramatize things.

Different places with different doctrines, go to where suits your lifestyle and be happy.

Not all commandments can be written but people can choose to give certain rules to protect their space. There is no where in the Bible that said woken should wear bra, or people should not wear g-string to church too nau, Abi?

There are churches that will even allow you to wear mini skirt and crop top, go there.

Your friend is also wicked, she should have adviced you on the do and donts of the church.

Ire oo
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by RevolverOcelot(m): 10:44am On Jun 04, 2023
HappyPagan:

Lol
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by sean079: 10:45am On Jun 04, 2023
Anti-jezebel squad

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Penisman: 10:46am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

Can you please help us mention the name of the church so we don't get embarrassed too.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Hotwest: 10:49am On Jun 04, 2023
Why u sef wear am enter church
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Menclothing: 10:52am On Jun 04, 2023
The op is not a Christian just chasing clout

Visit churches that allowed ear ring next time

Can I open my hair and enter mosque
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Tallesty1(m): 10:52am On Jun 04, 2023
Kooldon:
Every Association has a constitution to be followed by members. Same is applicable to a Church's Doctrine.
Either you abide or you seek your salvation else where.
Are you not bothered by the fact that Christianity has different doctrines despite all followers worshiping one God and having one founder who serves as the savior and mediator?
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Ezemeiyogu(m): 10:54am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

Jesus drove those that were doing business inside the Temple out, how does it relate to this? Show me another set of people He sent out?

If you read 1 Corinthians 9:18-23 and Roman 14:1-14, you will realize that they were wrong.

Are you sure you were not driven out by all these overzealous wardens in the church? Mind you that even in the church, Satan is operating through many members to be sure that salvation doesn't get to others. No one/where is too holy for Satan to inhabit and/or with...this is on one hand,

On the other hand, some church wardens might add their own personal beliefs different from what which the church preserves and operate from that standpoint.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by CrownedPhoenix: 10:55am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

You sound troublesome.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by EdDave(m): 10:56am On Jun 04, 2023
Do you wear the earrings to work?
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Dulfy(m): 10:56am On Jun 04, 2023
This is common in every religion....so chill! You shld have asked your friend before going...abi u don't know every church has its own doctrine.is Jehovah witness doctrine same as Christ embassy?

Even within the Muslim...it was when I traveled to middle east I discovered they have more split than Christianity. so again chill and ask ur friend why they don't wear earrings to thier church..come back and update us
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Rafmore(m): 10:56am On Jun 04, 2023
It's well....

You can contact us today for your architectural design on rafmoredesignconstruction@gmail.com
+2347043090522
+2349017812476
WhatsApp available too

Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Bringbackmandat: 10:57am On Jun 04, 2023
Merry100:

the bible says it is an abomination for a man to wear what belongs to women.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by Goodlady(f): 11:00am On Jun 04, 2023
orisa37:
USELESS CHURCH.
Your comment is actually useless.
Each church with their doctrines just as each society has their doctrine.
When you get to a church, respect their doctrines.
Re: I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring by PHIPEX(m): 11:00am On Jun 04, 2023
Kooldon:
Every Association has a constitution to be followed by members. Same is applicable to a Church's Doctrine.
Either you abide or you seek your salvation else where.
You still couldn't quote a single verse that forbade earing.

So as long as it's the association's Doctrine all is well?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

2020 Prophecies By Prophet Joshua Iginla / Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) / Release Of Fluid While Sleeping, Does It Signifies You Have A Spiritual Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.